InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Baby ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello there, this is going to prove to be one of the silliest things I've written. It's Miroku's point of view, in the present, as things happen, so please hear with me. I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed writing it ^______^

Disclaimer: Oh, ya, I don't own Inuyasha Takahashi-sensei does!

Baby

Ahh, it's just one of those evenings when I just have to thank Buddha for all the mighty deeds he's done, for giving me patience, and for giving me all I have. Yes. It's been long since I don't have a constant death penalty hanging from my shoulders, or better said, sucking up everything from my hand.

Yes, it's been a while, and I can't help but smile a little every time I remember where I am now, and who I am. I no longer wear the monk robes, nor carry the shakujou around with me. No, just a normal yukata now. I am just Miroku now. No Houshi-sama, nothing of the sort. If feels strange at times, but I am used to my new life, so used that I kind of dread it will change. That very evening I was having one of those fears about the changes in my life.

I have been keeping my distance from her for a while. Not complete distance, mind you, I could never do that. But we don't meet up so much during the day, for usually I'm out growing stuff in our field, or helping out at the village. Kohaku always with me, of course. He's such a good boy. He lives with us and helps out whenever he can. He understands that now, more than ever, it's good for us guys to stick together, lest we want to risk feeling the wrath of a particular woman I like to call wife and he likes to call sister.

Oh, yeah. You can guess that she's being quite difficult lately! I can't blame her, I guess. It's partly my own fault and wanting. Yes, my wanting, but then again. . . she did not complain, and I bet she wanted, too.

Right now we're at the rice field, and Kohaku is looking at me oddly. . . hmm, I must have a weird look on my face for him to be looking at me like that. . . wonder what I look like when I think about this sort of things.

"Aniki," he says, I like it when he calls me that, shows that he trusts me. "Is everything alright? Should we stop for a moment?"

"No," I answer. "There's no need, I am fine, I assure you."

"Something's been bothering you for a while."

Ah, this kid doesn't miss one!

"Aneue and you haven't been talking much lately, I wonder why… I didn't hear you guys having a fight or anything. . ."

"Oh, by no means, we did not have a fight."

"Then?"

This lad is a curious one, I tell you.

I sit down on the border of the field, so I wouldn't get my rear wet, and look up at the boy, now twelve, who's looking at me with those eyes so similar to those of his dear sister.

"Don't tell me you're freaking out!" he says, surprising me.

"What should I be freaking out about?" I ask, a bit confused.

"Don't play dumb, Aniki, the baby of course!"

"Why should I freak out about my own baby?" Really, this kid comes up with the weirdest things ever. It's not like I never wanted a kid, right? "I am very happy about it."

"Yeah, but you don't really show it."

"What do you mean I don't show it?" I have no clue where this kid is getting at. There, he's blushing!

"Well. . . it's just that. . . I've observed the people in the village and. . . you know. . . husbands with pregnant wives are with them all the time. . . tending to their every wish and. . ."

I stand up and look at the boy in the eyes, putting my hands on his shoulders. He is quite tense.

"Do you really think your sister would want me all over her? She's strong, and so proud of being it that if I even proposed carrying her in a carriage she would beat the crap out of me, and you know that well."

He nods, he knows Sango is perfectly capable of beating the crap out of me. That, of course, wouldn't be so good for Kohaku, for then he would have to work in the field all by himself. . . and that's a tough job.

"But you guys. . ." he is insistent, I'm telling you that.

"Don't worry, Kohaku. That we don't behave like other couples doesn't mean we are not happy. I mean, how could I not be happy? It's your sister who's having my baby, for crying out loud! Which man wouldn't want that?"

"Some say she's not feminine enough. . ."

"Yeah, but those are blind. Now tell me, what kind of woman would you rather marry, one who can't do anything but whine, or a strong one?"

"The strong one, I guess. . ."

"There you go. No reason for you to worry. I love your sister, and I am kind of convinced that she loves me back, so just put away the negative thoughts in your head and help me with this rice. We should bring some back for this evening, or we'll never hear the end of it. With her temper right now, one never knows."

Kohaku understands what I am talking about. A pregnant Sango is the scariest thing I've seen in my life, especially when she gets angry… I am telling you, beside her, Naraku is a cry-baby.

So we go on working for a while, until I decide we have enough rice and head back home.

Ahh, there she is, sitting by the fire with a sort of book in her hand. Kagome-sama calls it a magazine. . . some sort of booklet from her time. Sango has acquired a fancy for that sort of thing. Every time Kagome-sama goes back to her time, she brings Sango so many of them that I have no idea how she manages to read them all. I can't help but feel proud at the sight in front of me. That beautiful woman sitting right there, with her big belly, is my wife, and that will be my child. No other man's, but mine. Ahh, the pride I feel from those thoughts.

"Miroku?" her soft voice breaks my trance. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes," I answer brightly. "We brought the rice."

"Good, then I'll get to it now."

She puts the magazine down and I look at the cover. . . there's a woman on it, with a baby. . . so THAT'S what she's been reading lately! Well, I still don't understand how a magazine from Kagome-sama's time can tell her how to take care of a baby of this time. . . Women sometimes are just plain weird, even this one.

She seems to have some problems getting up, so I get closer to offer her a hand. I don't think she'll take it, but I do it anyways. That's just how Sango is, she had to prove how strong she is. And, effectively, she gets up quite quickly, all by herself, smiling at me. It's not like I can't guess why she does this. . . really, you'd think I'd be that dense.

It's just too simple. We have the same discussion every single morning, for Buddha's sake. There is not one morning that she'll listen to me and stay in bed instead of going to check that no youkai have come too close to the village. Why doesn't she let Kohaku do it? Sure, he does it in the evening and all, but Kohaku does not have a huge belly preventing him from moving as freely as possible. But nop, she won't listen.

Dinner goes without much happening, and then I find myself sitting on the porch, gazing at the stars. It is a beautiful night, and I just have to enjoy the breeze. So relaxed I am, so at peace, that I just cannot help but overhear what's happening inside the hut. . . that Kohaku really doesn't get it, does he? He is the dense one.

"What are you saying, Kohaku?" Sango asks him.

"I am just worried about you two. . . you don't seem to spend enough time together since you. . . since you got pregnant. . ." Kohaku says. I didn't know he was that worried that he won't believe in my words. . . silly kid.

"We spend plenty of time together, don't worry about that. Everything is okay between Miroku and me."

"But the villagers said. . ."

"Why do you care about what the villagers say? No need to care."

"Aneue. . ."

"Kohaku, I am perfectly aware that we are not as crazy as we used to be when we first got married and you moved in with us. But you have to realize that now there is a child growing inside of me. There are things I can do, and things I can't do."

"Yeah, and your mood changes a lot. . ."

Uhh, Kohaku, bad choice of words. . .

"What did you say?" Sango asks, and I can pick up the hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Ehh. . . nothing!"

Ahh, my poor dear Kohaku. . . too late.

"What about my mood?!" Sango asks, getting furious by the minute. Oh, yeah, that's what Kohaku means about her mood. I can almost pity the poor boy. But nah, I won't do that. He should know better than provoking his own sister.

In less than thirty seconds Kohaku is sitting outside, with me. He is looking down at the grass, his chin touching his chest, and his hands held together on his lap.

"Do you think it will be over after the baby is born?" Kohaku asks, almost afraid I might say no.

"I hope it does. . ."

"Aneue is scary. . ."

"Hush, she might hear you. . ."

"Hear what?!"

The hairs at the back of my neck stand straight, as I feel the dark cloud that suddenly surrounds us.

Kohaku and I make a wise decision and keep quiet, if we do that, she'll get annoyed and just leave, which means basically saving our necks. I sigh. . . this means we'll have to wait outside for a while before we can go back inside and go to bed… I can tell Kohaku is tired, and obviously, so am I. . .

"I didn't mean to upset her," Kohaku whispers after a while. "Honestly."

"I believe you," I tell him. "But seriously, Kohaku, stop worrying, there's nothing wrong with your sister and me."

"I guess you're just keeping your distance to avoid being shred to pieces…"

"Something like that," I mutter. Hey, could be true! Ok, ok, it's true. I am afraid I'll say something wrong, again, like I have so many times, and she'll end up getting angry. And that, let me tell you, is not a good thing.

Finally after some time we head back in. It's getting quite cold, and I don't want Kohaku to catch a cold. Slowly I close the door and head towards the annex, where the room Sango and I share is. So nice of the villagers to build us a hut like that. She is there already, sitting against the wall, reading. The light of the candle makes shadows all over the room, and on her face. Gods. . . she's still angry. . .

I walk closer to her, slowly, very slowly, and kneel in front of her. She looks up from the magazine and smiles a small smile at me, but I can't help smiling a big one at her.

"Want to go to bed yet?" I ask.

She looks back at the magazine, then back at me, and nods, closing the magazine.

I get up and pull two night yukata from a box. I hand her hers, and then start changing into my own white robe. While changing, looking away, I can hear the rustle of clothes as she changes as well. I have the urge to turn, but I'll get slapped for sure if I do. I don't know why, but ever since her belly started showing, she's grown increasingly shy. When I talked with Kagome-sama about it, she said it was probably that Sango thought it looked bad or something. But how can she think something like that? I bet it's the cutest belly in the world! Of course, if I told her that, I'd get slapped, too.

Finally I can hear her going under the blankets, so I turn to her and head for my side of the futon. Ahh, bed at last. I am so tired. I blow off the candle and get comfortable. She might be asleep already… no, not yet, otherwise she'd be snoring. I tell you, I didn't expect Sango to snore! She never did, until she got pregnant. . . Kagome-sama said that's normal, so I don't say anything. It's not like it's that loud, or anything. . . but still, how can somebody so pretty snore??

Ah it's the same story every time I go to bed. I can't help but think about all the changes since she got pregnant. I remember all too well when we found out. Kagome-sama had been the one to notice, because of something she called *morning sickness.* I got so worried because Sango kept on throwing up continuously, every single morning. Talk about disgusting. Ahh, bless Kagome-sama for knowing so much about pregnant women. She probably remembers it from her mother being pregnant with Souta. Anyways, I really don't understand why a poor woman has to go through so many things. . . not to mention the poor husbands! I can't imagine a single husband who doesn't freak out when his wife suddenly faints! I mean, faint! That was freaky, too! How was that? Oh, yeah, we had been for a walk with Kohaku that afternoon, and suddenly, Sango just went pale as rice paper and collapsed! Honestly… I don't know who was more shocked, the brother or the husband. How can she just collapse?? Seriously! Pregnant women are out there to freak the hell out of us guys!

I think Kohaku hasn't gotten over the shocks of the beginning of her pregnancy, and now the poor boy is the victim of most of the wraths of this woman. I guess youkai don't really come close to the village. I, for one, wouldn't do it! Even if I were a youkai I would know better than to mess up with a demon-exterminator, let alone a pregnant one!

Ah, she's moving around. She's still awake, I can feel it. Oh, man, she doesn't seem happy…

I bit my lower lip hoping nothing's gonna go wrong.

"Miroku?" she asks quietly.

"Yes?" I turn to her, my whole body facing her.

"Does my mood really change so much?"

Ohh, Miroku, choose your words carefully or you might just end up sleeping outside, again. . . Noo, I'm too tired to sleep outside. But what do I tell her?

"Miroku?"

"Ah, yes. . . your mood. . . well, it's not that it changes too much, actually."

"Then what is Kohaku talking about?"

"You just. . . snap. . . suddenly. . . I guess that's what he means. He's just worried about you, you know?"

Oh, gods. . . is that what I think it is? Buddha, tell me my ears are betraying me for the first time in my life, please tell me she's not crying.

Damn, she is.

"Sango, what's wrong?" I ask and I come closer to her. "Why are you crying? There's nothing to cry about."

"I snap! I scare people! That's what Kohaku said, that I'm scary!"

"You're not scary," I say kissing her forehead. I lean above her, resting my weight on my elbows and arms, my legs firm on the futon. She is looking up at me, and even though it's pretty dark, I can see her eyes, and the tears. "Please, don't cry. A pretty woman like you shouldn't cry!"

"You are calling me pretty?" she asks, I don't know why. Of course she's pretty!

"Of course, what else could I call you?" I think for a moment, that wasn't a smart thing to say. . . her eyes are getting a somber expression. . . "Of course, I could always call you beautiful, charming, lovely, and all that, you know?"

Ok, that was close. She's smiling again, and ahhh, I love when she does that. I just love it when she passes her hands around my neck and pulls me down for a kiss. What can I say? I just have to comply and kiss her tenderly. This woman is the hell of a good kisser!

Finally we part, and she's truly smiling at me. Buddha knows I love this. Buddha knows I love her. Buddha knows I need to sleep. So, I collapse by her side, and hold her close to me.

"Good night, Sango," I say and kiss her cheek.

"Good night."

I close my eyes, but I cannot help starting to think again about it. This woman is going to make me lose my head one of these days! She is sometimes so careless when it comes to herself! You would think that the moment she found out she was pregnant she would just behave herself and leave all the work to us, no no no no, not her.

I feel sleep trying to take over me, and with one last look at my dear wife, I let it do it. No need to worry when she's securely wrapped in my arms.

What?? Is it morning already? Hmm. . . I don't want to get up just yet. . . it's probably only five. . . or four thirty. . . damn this woman, why can't she just keep on sleeping? I groan a bit and turn to her. Sometime in the night we must have let go, and turn our ways. She's sitting up, fastening her yukata. At least she gave up ages ago to try and put on her cat suit. . . she would never fit in it with that belly! Ahh, time for our morning argument… sometimes I think I should just drop the matter and pretend it doesn't bother me. . . but then she might think I just don't care, and that's not true.

"Good morning, sleepy," she says when she notices I'm looking at her. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes," I answer and sit up, passing my arms around her. "And you?"

She smiles. Oh, how I love that smile. She's always in such a good mood in the morning. . . I guess the demon hunting makes her happy. That's her profession after all.

"I'm still a bit tired, I must say, so I think I'll come back to bed after the hunting.

"You always do," I say kissing her cheeks, and her face. She is blushing, I can tell, and she passes her hands around my neck, kissing me back.

"Maybe," she smiles one of *those* smiles, that just make me want to jump on her and ravish her there. I sometimes wonder if that's what she wants. . . but I have to be careful, that baby is too precious for something to happen to it.

She gets up and walks out of the hut. I am so sleepy that I will fall asleep anytime now. I know I shouldn't. I should stay awake and wait. . . make sure she's safe. If I follow her, she'll kill me, for sure. But I just can't stay. . . awa. . ke. . .

Ah? What?? Oh, I fell asleep. . . she's back on her night yukata, and she's next to me. Oh, that's what woke me up, she's kissing me. Mmmm. That feels nice! I hold her to me, and I know that if I don't hold myself things might just run out of control. Yeah, that's it, Miroku, hold yourself. She's pretty good at holding herself, I must say.

Ah, now she's at my side, again. I'll just sleep a little longer. . .

Hold on. . . something's not right. . . she is too quiet. . . hold it. . . she's sniffing now. . . oh, gods. . .what happened?

"Sango?" I ask, and she turns away from me. Great. . . what did I do now? "Sango, is everything alright?"

She just keeps on crying, but there's something wrong here. She's holding her belly, and crying. Oh, she's also holding Kirara. . . What's going on?!

"Sango, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, leave me alone!"

She's not angry, but she sounds really sad. Could this be another mood change? Or. . . did something happen out there?! No way I'm gonna let her get away with this one, she's gonna tell me.

"Sango, tell me what's wrong."

"No!"

She looks very sad, and like she's suffering. . . and the way she's holding her stomach like that. . .

"Did something happen outside?? Did you fight a youkai?"

"Yes," she says between sobs.

"Did it hurt you?"

"No."

"Then what happened?"

Please, Sango, tell me! I'm gonna go crazy if you keep on holding your belly like that! Whoa! That made me lose my balance alright! She just grabbed my hand and placed it on her belly. Her back is still to me, and she is holding my hand, pressing it a bit against her belly.

"What's wrong?" I ask. Gods, it's been ages since I touch that belly! Even if it's over clothes. Ahh, I just remem. . . what was that? I pass my hands around her belly and then, there it is again! "Oh, Buddha! The baby is kicking!" I don't understand why she's crying her eyes out over this! This is wonderful!

"Yes!" she screams and keeps on crying. "There's something wrong with my baby!"

Wha. . .?

"What?" I am confused. "There's nothing wrong with your baby."

"Of course! Why else would it be kicking?! Maybe something's wrong inside!"

I can't help but chuckle.

"There's nothing wrong, Sango. Babies kick."

"They do?"

Ok, I did not expect that, not from her. With all the magazines she reads and stuff. . . and she's a woman, for crying out loud!

"Of course they do! Once they start moving around the also kick."

"So. . . there's nothing wrong with my baby?"

"Nop, nothing wrong."

I hold her close to me now that she's turned. Ahh, this woman of mine. . . one of these days she's seriously going to give me a heart attack!

"How come you didn't know babies kick?" I ask. "Didn't you see your mother pregnant with Kohaku?"

"I was five years old when he was born, I don't remember."

"How about other women in the village? Didn't they get pregnant?"

"Of course they did. . . but. . . I was always too busy training that. . . that. . ."

She's crying again. Buddha, give me patience, please, and understanding.

"I was never among the women! I was not like one of them!"

"Sango, don't start with this again," I have to stop her when she starts thinking about these things. Otherwise she'll get really depressed, and Kohaku and I will be in for it. "You know that's not true. You are a woman, and the most beautiful of all on top of that. So don't you worry. I know about babies because I traveled a lot, and I was always asked to bless people and stuff. You don't need to worry. I am sure the baby is just fine."

"But why is it moving around now?"

"What do you mean now? You've been pregnant for eight months! Didn't it ever happen before?"

Sango is blushing, she's so cute when she blushes. Ahh, and when she babbles around, too!

"Well. . . it did happen before. . . but not so much, so I never. . . I never paid much attention to it. . . But today. . . it was so much that I freaked out. . ."

"You freaked me out! I thought something was seriously wrong!"

"I'm sorry…"

"Don't be," I say and hold her close to me. I rub her belly with one hand and hug her with the other. "Our baby is just fine."

"I was so afraid, I thought you would hate me because of that. . . you always wanted a baby, and if I messed it up. . . you would hate me."

"I wouldn't hate you! Why should I? Calm down, try to get some sleep."

She nods, and I can tell she falls asleep almost immediately. I, for once, won't be able to fall asleep so easily. . . my heart is still racing like mad. She gave me a fright larger than Kagome's backpack. Don't do this woman!

Oh, Kohaku is standing at the door, looking at me questioningly. I bet he heard her crying, and our little discussion. . . that will only worry the poor lad more!

"It's alright," I whisper, "it was just a little fright."

He doesn't seem so convinced though.

"Later," I tell him, and he leaves.

Yeah, it is later in the field that I tell Kohaku everything. He is a smart boy and understands.

"I would have freaked out, too," he tells me. "I mean, for the way she was behaving. . . when she came back into the hut she had tears in her eyes already."

"She's alright."

"That's good. Oh, and I saw you. . ." he is blushing, what did he see? "I saw you touching her. . ."

What? I didn't touch her!

". . . her belly."

Ohh, that!

"She doesn't mind?" he asks. "I mean, before, she didn't let you, right?"

"Yeah, but she didn't mind this morning. I guess she was just too scared."

"How is it? Could you feel the baby?"

Huh?

"The baby?"

"Yeah, I mean, the shape and all."

"No, but I felt the baby kicking."

"Kicking? Does it hurt?"

"No, of course not! It's just like a little kick, nothing powerful. Otherwise, poor Sango!"

"I guess you're right."

We keep on working, and I can't help but smile at myself. Today I felt my baby. I know it's there. It's moving, it's alive! It won't be a cursed child, like I was. It will be a happy one, with the most wonderful mother in the world, when she's not in her moods, of course,

A father. . . I will finally be a father! I can't believe it. A father! How many years did I wish to become a father? Ok, ok, I admit it, I'm twenty years old… but still. I wanted a child for the longest part of my life, and now I'll have one. Ok, Sango will have it, but it's my child, our child! Can there be a happier man in the world? I doubt it. I really doubt it.

That's when I feel her presence. I turn and I see her. She's at the edge of the field, sitting down, reading one of her magazines. I wonder when she got there, I must have been too lost in thought to realize. I approach her, and she looks up at me, smiling more with each step I take.

"Hi, there," I say.

"Hi," she smiles at me brightly. Her arms raise, and she pulls me down to her for a kiss. Mmm, she hasn't shown so much affection for a while! This morning must have really freaked her out. I can't let her go, this kiss is just too good to let go. I feel myself leaning into her, resting my arms on the grass. She's on her back already, her arms holding me close to her. Our tongues dance together. This has got to be heaven… heaven on Earth.

Finally we part. Her face is flushed, and she has a bright smile on her red lips.

"Decided to read out today?" I ask.

"Mh," she says and nods, "I wanted to be near to you. We haven't spent much time together lately."

"You're right." I stand up and return to the field, where Kohaku is standing. It's funny, I've never seen Kohaku with such a shocked expression on his face. Not only that, but he's blushing like hell. Oh. . . probably coz he never saw his sister making out in the field. . . ok, maybe he never saw us making out, not like that anyways. We usually prefer our privacy, but today. . . ah, who cares. I enjoyed it, and so did she.

Kohaku suddenly snaps out of his trance, and forces a smile.

"I see everything is alright," he says, and I nod. "I. . ."

"Sorry if we shocked you," I cut in quickly.

"No. . . it's okay. . ."

"Shy, shy boy. You should just gather your courage and do it."

I can't help but laugh. Poor Kohaku, we really must have shocked him. He is a good boy, I am sure he'll find a good girl one of these days.

"What?" he asks.

Hehe, if he thought I'm blind. . . he is totally wrong.

"I've seen you look at that girl. . ."

"What girl?!" hehe, he's starting to panic.

"Ah, what's her name again?" I just love to tease this boy. "Sango, what's the name of that girl?? Asami-san's daughter!"

At my words Kohaku blushes ten shades of red deeper.

"Hikari-chan?" Sango asks.

"Oh, yeah! Hikari-chan!"

"Aniki!"

Sango giggles, she knows exactly what's going on. Why else would I mention Hikari-chan?

"There's nothing between Kari-chan and me. . ."

"So, now it's Kari-chan. . . hey, you shouldn't be ashamed! She's a cute girl."

"You. . . you think so?"

"Of course! Just look at her! Not that she's prettier than your sister but. . . I don't expect you to share that opinion with me."

"Uhn."

"Don't worry, Kohaku, I think she likes you, too."

Ok. . . if possible, he blushed even more. . . kids. . . can't control their blushes. . . but then again, I must not forget he's Sango's sister, and she's an expert at blushing. Oh, well, like brother, like sister. I really enjoy their company. But mind you, with Kohaku it took time. He was in denial for a long time, he didn't want to talk to anyone, and spent most of his time alone. He then started talking to Sango, and later on, to me. I am happy that he considers me his older brother now.

"Aniki. . . what do you suggest I do?"

Gods, he's twelve years old, and already in love. Like they say, you can't argue what your heart has decided for you. Otherwise, I wouldn't have married Sango most likely, coz I would have left them, and gone my way, alone.

"What you should do? Be nice to her! Compliment her, bring her flowers! Girls like that!"

"You never bring flowers to Aneue."

"Your sister is another story. But I do bring her flowers, once in a while."

"Alright, if you say so."

"If you don't know what to do, I suggest you talk to Sango, she will know for sure."

"You think so? Even though she's not like other girls?"

"You know? That's exactly what makes her special."

He is smiling, and I cannot help smiling back. Yes, my Sango is special.

I wonder why the sudden change of heart though. Before today, she wouldn't let me touch her belly, and she wouldn't kiss me like that. . . not that I'm complaining! Never! I wouldn't trade this for the world.

We keep on working with Kohaku, until we decide it's time for a little break. What can I do? One glance at the beautiful woman reading nearby makes me *have* to go sit beside her. So I do, and I wrapped an arm around her shoulder, while with the other I touch her belly. Ah, there, my child just kicked me again! I can't help rubbing her belly with my hand, gently. I can't tear my eyes off that belly!

"You. . . you like it?" Sango asks, shyly. I don't get the question though. "The belly, I mean…"

"Of course I do!" I tell her and give her a kiss on the cheek. "It's you, and our child is inside! It's nice, and round, and smooth and… ah! Kicked again!"

I can't help but feeling joyful. I can't wait for this kid to be out! Oh, she's reaching out her hands and touching my face. I look at her again, and ah. . . her kisses are just the best! I can just forget about the world when she kisses me like that!

She breaks the kiss because of a strange sound. Well, it's not really strange, it's her stomach. She's blushing so much I feel tempted to laugh.

"Are you hungry?" I ask.

She nods.

"Should I find you something?" I ask standing up.

"No. . . I can. . ."

"No, you stay here. Today I'll do it for you."

"No, Miroku, you don't understand. . . I. . ."

"What do you want? I'll get it for you! Rice? Fish? What do you want?"

She's blushing. I don't know why, we're just talking about food! True, she eats a lot nowadays, but she shouldn't feel sorry, nor ashamed!

"I'll bring you all the food you want, don't worry!" I assure her, but she still doesn't look convinced. So I kneel in front of her and give her a kiss. "What is it?"

"I eat weird food!" she says and. . . oh, no. . . she's crying! But why is she crying now? It's not like I haven't seen her eating!

"What do you mean weird food? We eat the same things!"

Ok, this is getting freaky, she just negated. . .

"I have weird cravings. . . usually at about this time, but you're usually in the field, so you don't see me. . ."

"What do you mean. . . weird?" Kohaku asks, approaching. I can see in his eyes the same fear I feel inside of me.

"Weird. . . that's why I should. . . go. . . and fix myself something. I'll come back later, I promise."

"What's wrong with your cravings?" I ask. I have to know! "It's not like you want to eat fish with that thing Kagome-sama calls strawberry jam . . .!"

She's eyeing me. She is giving me a glare! I am dead meat!

But why? Ok, maybe my guess was a bit too mean. I mean, who would want to eat something like that?

"That's exactly what I want to eat. . ." she says and lowers her head.

Kohaku has the weirdest expression on his face, and looks like he might be sick any minute now. Sango is very quiet, and doesn't want to say anything, she won't even look at me!

"Sango, if that's what you want, I'll go get it for you," I tell her, trying to calm her down. "Kohaku, why don't you run to the river and get some fish? Then we can all have lunch."

The boy nods and leaves. Then I move a bit away from Sango and gather some wood to build a fire.

"It's a nice day," we can eat outside.

"Why are you doing this?" Sango asks. "It's disgusting!"

"If that's what you're craving for. . . the best thing is to give it to you, don't you think?"

"I don't eat in front of you because I don't want to gross you out."

"You don't gross me out! You're my wife! And I am damn glad about that, thank you very much."

"But it's nasty!"

"You like it?"

She nods shyly. She's so cute.

"Then what? Don't worry about it!"

She seems so distant right now. . . and sad! I don't like seeing her like that! Looks like its up to me to cheer her up. So I move closer to her, my most *innocent* grin on my face, and I take in her reaction. Her eyes are growing wide, and she is about to start giggling. Just that I don't let her giggle. Right when her lips are parting to let out a giggle, I capture then with my own, and kiss her deeply. She is not fighting me, and she kisses me back. Again, I have to think of how lucky I am. . .can't help it, sorry about that.

We're both on the grass now, on our sides, kissing passionately. Her hands are all over me! I tell you, I never saw such an eager pregnant woman, especially not one that has been keeping herself distant from her husband for about six months of her pregnancy. I start kissing her jaw and then down her neck, she just sighs in pleasure. Gods, how I missed this! I really hope Kohaku takes long!

There, my hair is loose. She untied the ponytail with her fingers that are playing with my hair. I love it when she does that. It sends shivers down my spine. Her hands are now holding me closer, and I have to be careful not to press against her belly too much, don't want an upset kid! Ahh, I have to kiss her shoulder, so I move the cloth of her yukata aside a bit and kiss it. She is moaning now. Buddha only knows how cruel this is. . . to know that we can't go any further. . . not out in the field anyways.

Huh? When did that happen? Her hands are all over my chest! And only that! My yukata is open, and my chest and back bare! Man, this woman is quick! Oh yeah, quick! But I wouldn't have her any other way. I wonder if I should try my luck and risk having a black eye. . . yes, I should. My hands make their way down to her rear, and she captures my lips then, more fiercely than before. I swear to the gods, this woman is in heat! I am really not complaining! I am in damn heat myself!

I start fumbling with the ties of the skirt she wears atop her yukata when I have to stop dead in my tracks. . .

"Someone's coming." I tell her, and quickly fix her yukata and help her sit down. I fix mine quickly and pass my arm around her shoulders. "Act like nothing happened."

"That's hard!"

"I know."

And I really do. Our faces are so red, and we are so breathless, that a simple smile won't do the trick. No thirty seconds later we hear the intruder walk closer to us. Ok, the intruders. There are two of them.

"I brought the fish," Kohaku announces. I turn and see the fish in front of me.

"Four?" I ask.

"Yeah. . . Kari-chan is eating with us."

"Oh, I see," I smile at Sango, and she smiles back at me.

"I. . . I met her at the river, and. . ." the kids are blushing, that's a good sign, "and. . . I asked her if she wanted to join us. . ."

"Does your mother know you're here, Hikari-chan?" Sango asks, trying to keep herself from giggling, I can tell.

"Yes, Sango-sama," she answers shyly. "We stopped by my house on the way and told her."

So *that* is why Kohaku took ages! Still he could have taken a bit longer. But Sango's stomach is grumbling again, so we better eat soon. I cook the fish and Kohaku goes get the jam. Hikari-chan is very confused with all, but doesn't say anything.

I cannot help but notice that all throughout the meal Kohaku and Hikari throw dear glances at each other.

"Kawaii," I hear Sango whisper in my ear. "I guess the interruption was worth it."

"In a way," I answer and kiss her forehead.

"Sango-sama," Hikari-chan says. "When are you due to deliver?"

That's a good question, should be some time soon, I guess.

"Kaede-sama told me two days ago that it shouldn't take much longer," Sango answers, a smile playing on her face.

"Are you excited?" Hikari-chan asks, more at ease.

"Very much!" the light in Sango's eyes is unmistakable, she is happy. "We are both very happy." She is looking at me with her pretty eyes, I feel myself starting to blush.

"Of course," I say and hold her close to me, "we can't wait anymore."

Which is true! Buddha knows we need that baby to come out! We need to hold it in our arms, we need to play with it, we need to care for it. We need to have sex! Wait, where did *that* come from? I'm probably still in heat. . . Anyways, I want to see my child at last. Our child, dear Sango.

"I want to see your baby, too," Hikari-chan says, blushing.

"You will see it," Sango says. "I am sure Kohaku will bring you over."

"Y-yes. . ." Kohaku is blushing again. . . kids can be so kawaii. I wonder if I was like that when I was little. . . I highly doubt it. . . I must have been perverted already. But Sango won't let me pervert Kohaku, too bad. . . we could have so much fun…

"Miroku?" her sweet voice takes me out of my thoughts. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, why?"

She leans closer and whispers in my ear, her breath tickling me.

"Coz you're grinning like mad."

Oh, I didn't know that. So I just kiss her forehead and hold her in my arms. I can see that Hiraki-chan is blushing again. Maybe Kohaku should hold her. . . so I just move my head to the side, hoping he'll get the hint. He's looking at me now, hmm, how can I make him understand?? Oh, I hold Sango closer to me, let her go for a moment, and just casually pass my arm around her shoulders while Hikari-chan is looking away. Since Kohaku is nodding I take it he got the hint. Sango is looking at me now, so I hug her again before she can start protesting. I don't want a sudden change of mood here. . .

Ah, there he is, he's passing his arm around Hikari-chan's shoulders. I force myself to look away, and distract Sango with a caress. Seeing Kohaku like that brings back the memories. . . yes, it surely does! I can't help but remember that day, sorry, night, that oh so glorious night when Sango got pregnant. Ok, ok, the night I got Sango pregnant. . .

"Miroku, what's wrong?" Sango asks, and I look down at her. "You're grinning an awful lot today."

"Am I?"

"Yes."

"It's nothing," I say and kiss her forehead.

I see that Kohaku is still holding Hikari-chan, and she's blushing terribly, but doesn't seem to mind. But as much as I hate to break it to the poor kid, we have to go on working, so I should just tell him. . . I don't want to. . .

"Ehh. . . I think I should go back to work now. . ." jeez, this kid knows what to say! Though I must say that Hikari-chan looks disappointed. "I'm sorry, Kari-chan, I can drop by later if you want."

"Please, do," she says, smiling. "I will help Sango-sama put down the fire and clean up around here."

"Thank you, Hikari-chan," Sango says, and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek. With that, Kohaku and I go back to the field, and I can see that the boy is kind of disturbed. . . maybe not disturbed, but troubled.

"Something wrong?" I ask.

"No. . . not wrong. . . I'm glad you two are. . . back to. . . how it was before."

"Is that all?"

"No. . . I. . . thank you. . . for the advice and all. . ."

"No prob, Kohaku, you know that if you need something, you can always count on me."

"Thank you! Aneue found herself a good man."

Isn't the boy sweet? That's the first time someone's said that. . . Ok, the girls in the village still cry over it, coz they all wish I would have married them, but I only have eyes for my Sango.

I know it's going to be a long day, and it's getting hotter now than it was in the morning. . . that only makes it worse, but we keep on working.

Ah, it's evening already, we are heading back to the hut. Something's strange though, there's no fire burning, nothing.

"Where is Aneue?" Kohaku asks.

"I don't know," I take a run for it, and he follows, in now time we're at the door of the hut. "Sango? Sango!"

"I'm here," she answers, but there's something in her voice that I don't like. I walk quickly into the hut and find her in our futon, covered all the way up to her chin.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"I don't feel so well."

That's it, now I am panicking.

"I'm sorry about dinner. . . I don't think I can fix it. . ."

"Don't worry about dinner!" I say. I must find out what's wrong with her. "What do you feel?"

"I have pain. . . ah!. . . between my legs. . ."

"Between your legs?" I ask, understanding slowly coming down on me. "Is it often?"

"Now more often than after lunch, when it started."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't think it was important. . ."

Ah, this woman! I swear to Buddha, if I don't make her talk at times, I would never know what's going on with her!

"Can you get up?" I ask.

"I don't want to. . . it hurts. . . ah!"

"Kohaku!" I call.

"Don't call Kohaku!" she hisses. "He'll worry!"

"Well, I think he'll come in handy!"

"Yes, Aniki?" he asks, standing at the door of our room, a concerned look on his face.

"Can you run to town and get Kaede-sama here, please?"

"Kaede-sama?" Sango asks. I can't believe she doesn't know what's happening.

"Yes, Kaede-sama. Now Kohaku, would you be so kind and bring her?"

"Yes."

With that, Kohaku leaves, leaving a very confused Sango looking at me. I can't bear to see her like that. She looks like she's in a lot of pain, and I would guess she is.

"What's going on?" she asks in a low voice. "Why are you sending for Kaede-sama?"

"Because I don't think I can deliver a baby."

"What?!"

"Shh, calm down."

"Ahh! That hurt."

"You're stretching to let the child out."

"You mean. . . our child will be born now?"

"Soon."

"But isn't it too early? I'm still in the eighth month! The magazines say. . ."

"Some kids are born before time, others after. Don't believe in everything you read."

"Oh, Buddha, is our child okay?"

"I'm sure it is, don't worry."

I kiss her forehead, and then I move to sit behind her, so she can rest her head on my lap. I caress her face, and play with her hair softly, as it seems to calm her down. Every so often she frowns, and I know it hurts. I hope Kaede-sama comes here soon, otherwise I might have to deliver my own child. No, I can't do that. . . somehow I just don't think I can.

Ah, there they come, I can hear a horse, approaching. I lift my gaze from Sango's face towards the door, and in come Kaede-sama and Kohaku.

"What's going on here?" Kaede-sama asks.

"It's time," I say, stroking Sango's face some more.

"Are you sure?"

"She has contractions, so I am sure."

"Alright then. Get me some towels and some water."

Both Kohaku and I nod and I place Sango down on the futon. I smile at her one last time before exiting the room with Kohaku and go look for the towels, while Kohaku runs down to the stream to get water.

I can't believe it's already time for this. . . I really can't. . . finally our child will be born! A child! A baby! Our baby! I think I'm gonna go dizzy right now or even. . .

"Aniki! Aniki!" huh? Kohaku?? And why is my face all wet? Hold on, what am I doing on the floor?! "Aniki, are you alright?"

"What happened?"

"This is not the time to sleep, you know? Aneue is giving birth!"

"What? Already?!"

Gods, I must have fainted. . . lack of food I assume. So I run to the room with Kohaku, who has the water with him. We give everything to Kaede-sama, and gods, we almost go deaf. Sango is screeching! You'd think that becoming a mother is the nicest thing for a woman. . . but I am glad I'm a guy and don't have to go through *that* sort of pain. . .

"Hold her hands," Kaede-sama orders, and I do so. "She might need something to squeeze."

"Squeeze??!!!" I'm not liking how that sounds, but I understand the moment she squeezes my hands and screams out in pain. "Sango, you okay?!"

"Of course I'm not okay, you idiot!" huh? She hasn't insulted me for a while, and never like that. "I hate you Miroku, I hate you! How could you put me through this?!"

"What?" I feel. . . shocked. . . she hates me? Maybe that's why she's holding my hands as strong as she would have held her hands around Naraku's neck, maybe even stronger. "You hate me?"

"YES! I HATE YOU!!!!"

"Now, push, Sango!" Kaede-sama tells her, and Sango screams out in pain again.

"Baka, baka, baka, baka, BAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I'm through with this I'm gonna kill you!"

I think I'm really going deaf. . .

"One more Sango!" I vaguely hear Kaede-sama say. "Just one more!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My hands are going to fall out! My eyes close in pain.

Wait. . . she's not squeezing so hard anymore. . . and I hear. . . crying? I force myself to open my eyes and I see. . .

"Oh, Buddha. . ." that's all I can say. Kaede-sama is holding something in her hands, wrapped in a towel. Sango has completely forgotten about my hands and is reaching out to Kaede to get whatever it is she's holding, which I can guess very well, is my child.

"Here you go," Kaede-sama hands Sango the bundle, and I look down at both of them. Sango is crying, but of happiness. I think I'm gonna. . . ok, I'm crying too! When did I get this freaking weak?! But just look at those. . . brown eyes! So much like Sango's! "Congratulations to you both."

I look up at Kaede-sama, she looks exhausted.

"You have a beautiful boy."

"A. . . a boy?" Sango asks. "It is a boy?"

"Yes. I need to clean him though, can I have him back for a minute?"

"Can I do it?" I hear myself ask.

"Sure, come over here."

I walk over to Kaede-sama and she hands me my child. I sigh. Finally it's all over. Finally he's out of Sango's belly, finally he's here! How long did I wish for this? How long?! How many false propositions before the right one? I wouldn't have it any different though.

I wipe my son softly with a wet towel, until he's clean, and wrap him in a clean cloth.

"Want to go back to mommy?" I ask my son, who seems to want to fall asleep. "Yes, you do!"

"Can you. . . help me sit up?" she asks weakly.

"Of course," I say looking into her dear eyes.

Kohaku is instantly at my side and takes the baby from me while I help Sango up, and sit behind her so she can lean her back against my chest. I rest my chin on her left shoulder as Kohaku hands her our son and she holds him against her. Kohaku sits in front of us, and so does Kaede-sama.

"That was an ordeal," Kaede-sama said. "I've never heard a woman scream so much!"

"I'm sorry. . ." Sango is blushing, but she can't tear her eyes off our child.

"Do you really hate me?" I ask and I kiss her cheek.

"Did I say that?"

"A lot of times, in fact."

"Sorry about that, too."

"And you threatened to kill me."

"I won't."

"Good, coz I have every intention of helping my son grow, and give him a couple of siblings. . ."

There, she's blushing again. She's so cute!

Kaede-sama has to leave, so I walk her to the door, and thank her, for what she did tonight means the world to me. Then I return to the room and shift Sango so she's sitting against me while I'm sitting against the wall. I can tell she's tired, and wants to sleep.

"Kaede-sama said you shouldn't forget to feed him," Kohaku says sitting down in front of us. He seems fascinated with the baby, how could he not be!

"Oh, that's right," I say and my hands find the single sash that holds her yukata in place and loosen it a bit. My hand lowers the right side of her yukata and she holds our son against her breast.

"That tickles!" she says, giggling a bit, and I cannot help but smile. Ahh, at last this mood changes, the screaming, the cravings, the distance. . . it's all over. Now we have our baby.

"Have you thought of the name yet?" Kohaku asks, looking at his nephew intently. "He needs a good name!"

"I know," Sango says looking dearly at her brother. I know it still thrills her to hear his voice so close to her, so friendly, and so untroubled. It thrills me as well. "What do you think, Miroku?"

"I don't know. . . do you think we should name him like your father?"

"You guys don't have a name yet?" Kohaku asks.

"Nop," I answer, and am amused at his shocked expression.

"I can't believe it," he says, "even I thought of a couple of names. . ."

"So, what did you think of?" Sango asks.

"Well. . . if it had been a girl. . . maybe Yukari. . . but since he obviously is a boy. . . I did think of Chichiue's name. . ."

"Yamato?" Sango asks.

"Yeah, but I don't think it makes much sense. . . he has to carry a name that will make him be alive, not the name that reminds everyone of someone who is dead, so I discarded it."

"I like Hatori," Sango says.

"That was random," I say, but think over it. "But I like it, too."

"Hatori is a nice name," Kohaku says. "I didn't think of it, but it's very good, better than Yamato."

"True," I say. "Yeah, let's name him Hatori."

"Sure!"

I smile at Sango. It just feels nice to have my family around me like that. Makes me feel secure beyond measure. I keep on thinking that as I put Hatori to bed in a small futon we got from the villagers some time ago.

I move closer to Sango, who is already in our futon, stretching. She looks very tired. I slide under the covers, facing her, and kiss her deeply. She returns the kiss and soon I am on her, kissing her neck, and opening her yukata slightly.

"Watch it. . ." she warns, and I stop. "Can't get anywhere below my collar bones."

"Huh?"

"My breasts are swollen because of the milk, and I am still very much sore from childbirth, so don't go thinking anywhere else."

I sigh defeated. . . this might take still another while. But then again, I don't mind so much. I can be happy kissing her, so if you excuse me now, I have a lot of kissing to do!

Ok, that was weird ^__^u I just thought that maybe writing about a pregnant Sango from Miroku's point of view would be funny. I'm sorry if I make Sango seem like a complete ignorant, but I think that back at her village she didn't hang around with the women very much, otherwise she wouldn't have been such a good demon exterminator So, tell me what you think Please review^^