InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ back to the past ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I NO OWN INU

Chapter 3

Kagome walked into the house, Mom, Im home!
Mrs. Higurashi walked down the steps and hugged her daughter. How was first day dear?
Kagome smiled. It was great, I made some new friends. And met an old one . though. She placed her book bag next to the door and took off her shoes.
Thats nice dear. I bought Ramen if you want that for dinner.
Kagome grinned. Ill make it. she volunteered.
Mrs. Higurashi smiled back. Alright, but that wont be till later, I put the of your clothes in your room. You can arrange your furniture anyway you .
Kagome nodded. Alright then.
Mrs. Higurashi smiled and went into the kitchen and started unpacking the of kitchen supplies.
Kagome ran up to her room and looked around. Everything was the same as it been in her last one. She walked over to the window and opened it, leaning on window sill. She had a nice view of the gods tree, her grandfather told her the that revolved around the tree, of the hanyu and of the miko that fell in love. sighed and her thoughts turned to inuyasha. She was surprised he didnt her. Then again, he was too busy staring at kikyou all the time. Kagome and plopped down on her bed. Stupid dog, cant remember anything. she as she fell asleep.
~*~
Quit picking on him!
What are you gunna do about it little girl?
Kagome pushed down the bug youki that was picking on a little kid. Go away. ordered as the youki scampered away.
Kagome turned to the little boy who was sitting before her. She knelt down looked at him. Are you alright?
The little boy looked up and kagome gasped. He had the most gorgeous eyes had ever seen, a bright golden color. At the moment, they were filled with . Kagome reached for him and he whimpered and tired to move away. She away a few of the tears that were on his cheeks.
He looked up at her startled. She smiled and her eyes found two white ears on his head. She looked at him puzzled. I thought you were a human.

He shook his head. Im a Hanyu. he said in a low shaky voice. Thats why the bug youki was picking on me. he said sadly. No one wants to be my friend.
Kagome looked thoughtful for a moment then smiled. Ill be your friend. She standing up and holding out her hand.
The boy looked warily at her then accepted her hand. She pulled him up and . By the way, my names Kagome.
He looked at her. Im Inuyasha. he said in a low voice.
Kagome grabbed his hand. Come on, you can come and meet my cousin. she , pulling him along to the other side of the play ground.
Kikyou! Kikyou! Kagome called to her cousin.
A girl only a year or two older than kagome turned around. Kagome, it is un-lady like to shout.
Kagome stopped and lowered her head. Sorry Kikyou. then she looked up. is Inuyasha, my new friend. She smiled happily.
Kikyou looked at him and frowned in disgust. He is a hanyu, youre a miko, you not be hanging around with filthy blood as that.
Inuyasha bowed his head in shame but kagome stood up straight. Dont be so hearted Kikyou. There are worse humans than him out there. What about the of the gods tree grandpa told us when we visited him.
Kikyou rolled her eyes. Its only a story kagome. Mikos and youkis cant get , its impossible. she walked away.
Kagome glared daggers at her cousins back then looked at Inuyasha who was on the ground, his eyes were filled with sadness.
See. He said quietly. No one wants to be my friend.
Kagome sat down in front of him and looked around. On the ground she saw flowers and started picking them. Nonsense. I want to be your friend.
Inuyasha smiled slightly and started playing with the grass, running it his fingers. Yeah, only you do. No one else. Not kikyou
Kagome smiled. Im sure someone else will be your friend. I have two other you can meet, beside kikyous a stick in the mud. Kagome smiled and plopped flower crown on his head. Kagome giggled, the way his ears stuck up was so cute. reached up and rubbed his ears. She started giggling some more after he making a purring sound. He pulled away quickly and blushed, looking down. only laughed more and took him by the hand and they ran off to play some else.
~*~
Kagome!
Kagome opened her eyes slowly, not wanting to wake up.
Kagome! A friend of yours is here!
Kagome moaned and dragged her ass out of her bed and down the stairs. She walked into the kitchen where her mother was standing with...
Inuyasha? What are you doing here? Kagome asked sleepily.
He smiled slightly. You left this on the bus. he held out her sketch pad.
Thanks Inuyasha. she said, taking the sketch pad and placing it in her book . Hey, inu, you wanna stay for dinner?
He looked at her, startled. What did you call me?
She grabbed a big pot out of a box and put it on the stove. Inu... I thought liked that.... she looked at him.
Inuyasha was taken back. How would you know? Ohhhh Ramen! Ill stay! he as kagome took out water and 10 packages of Ramen .
Kagome smiled as she turned on the stove and waited for the water to boil. you sure your parents wont mind?
Inuyasha shook his head. No, my mom wont mind.
Kagome smiled. What about your dad?
Inuyasha looked down. My dad died when I was 8.
Kagome gasped. He did? Oh Im sorry inu.
He shook his head. Dont worry about it. It was a while ago. he said quietly.
Kagome poured the Ramen into the pot and checked on the chicken that her had put in earlier. Dinner should be done in 5 mins.
Inuyasha looked at Kagome. Do you know a girl named Kikyou by any chance?
Kagomes mother had just walked in with some flowers in which she dropped hearing Kikyous name. Inuyasha looked at her confused. What did I say? he .
Kagome quietly poured the hot water out of the pot through the strainer. Kikyou was my cousin. Dont you remember?
Inuyasha blinked. Remember what?
Kagome turned and looked at him. When we were little? You really dont do you? Actually, I was just having a dream about you before you came, the day we met.
Inuyasha stared at her. Mmm, not really.
Kagome sighed. The bug youki, Kik.. She gulped. Kikyou. You were with her. The flower crown.. Kagomes voice faded off as she all the flowers Inuyasha had brought to Kikyou.
Inuyasha thought hard then remember. Kags... Im sorry I forgot, you left you were 8 and we were only 4 when we met. It was a young age. So.. What to Kikyou. I remember that she left not even a year after you did.
Kagome looked down. Kikyou... Kikyou disappeared a year ago. The police she was kidnaped and killed.
Inuyashas heart clenched. Wha... What? How could that have happened? She was so strong... he trailed off looking down at the floor.
Souta walked in and tugged on his mothers apron. Mom, can we eat now?
Mrs. Higurashi nodded and took the chicken out of the oven. The rest of the was eaten in silence. Inuyasha helped Kagome clean the dishes and pick up.
Hey Inu, do you want to come up and watch a movie? We can talk if you . Kagome asked when they were finished.
Inuyasha looked at the clock. I would but my mom is probably worrying about by now, why dont you come over after school tomorrow?
Kagome nodded. Im sure my mom wont mind. Anything you want me to ?
Just yourself and your sketch pad. Knowing you, Im sure youll have fun . He smiled as they walked towards the door where he put his shoes on.
Alright then. See you tomorrow at school. Kagome said smiling back.
Inuyasha hugged her. It was great seeing you again Kags. Byes. he said with wave as he ran down the stairs of the shrine.
Kagome walked down to the Gods tree and leaned against it. How I missed . she said quietly. She slid down the tree, her head bowed slightly with her eyes closed. She brought her knees up and leaned against them, and fell asleep.