InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ back to the past ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 7

Kagome sat on her bed breathing heavily, the dream still fresh in her mind. Where did that come from?! She thought as she got up and walked over to the . The sun was just rising and she leaned her head against the cool glass. Ever last night, Inuyashas got me thinking about him. I wonder... does he really like or is it all a game. she looked at the clock and sighed. Still an hour before the comes but half an hour till Inuyashas . She stood up straight and hit her fist her palm. Thats it, Im going to ask him. She got dressed and rushed out the with her book bag, briefly stopping to tell her mom that she was getting on bus at Inuyashas stop.
Kagome sat on the bench and looked around, Inuyasha should have been there . He might have gone over to Mirokus. She thought as she sat down. A across the street caught her attention and she took out her sketch pad and to draw. Not even five minuets later..
Youre here? After lsat night I didnt think you would ever want to see me , you looked mortified.
Kagome looked up and Inuyasha stood looking at her. The way the light shone him look like a god. Kagome sat dazed for a few before shaking her head and away her sketch pad. I came to ask you a question. she said cooly, not him know what she had been thinking a few minuets before.
Inuyasha sat down next to her and leaned back, streching. Shoot.
Kagome gulped, his muscles that were usually hidden beneath his uniform through when he stretched. I.. I was wondering if what you said last night true?
He looked at her, Now what did I say?
That you would show me your painting for a.. a kiss. she blushed and looked .
Inuyasha saw her blush and smiled. He bent closer to her. What you said, nothing would be worth that, is That true?
Kagome refused to meet his gaze and was relieved when she heard the of the bus as it came down the street. The bus is here, lets go. Kagome up and once it stopped she jumped onto is and walked swiftly to the back and on the inside near the window with Sango. Inuyasha followed her and sat in his spot.
Kagome whats wrong? You looked flushed, are you alright? Sango asked .
Im fine. was all she replied, looking out the window.
Sango looked at Miroku and he shrugged. Sango turned back to her paper and out loud when she found an add.
Kagome Kagome! Look at this! Theres a festival next week! Oh we have to ! Sango said excitedly, grabbing her friends arm.
I know, its at our shrine. I have to participate in one of the things. Kagome looking at her friend.
But youll be free after that right? Sango asked
I think so... Kagome answered slowly.
Great! What about you Miroku, are you gunna go? She asked looking at him.
Miroku smiled Only if you come with me?
Sangos smile wavered a bit. I guess so, but there are conditions. 1- its not a . 2- no trying to kiss me. And 3- no touching my butt!
Miroku smiled. Fine.
Sango nodded and looked at Inuyasha. What about you grumpy?
Inuyasha shrugged and continued looking out the window. I guess.
Sango smiled and turned back to Kagome. So what are you doing at the ?
Kagome looked at her friend with a sad smile. Im going to play the priestess the tale of the gods tree. A part my cousin played in the states.
Inuyasha looked over at Kagome. She must really miss her cousin. He shook head and looked back out the window. Once the bus stopped, Inuyasha was one the first ones off.
~*~
Class, we shall be starting the competitions next week. You can sign yourself in the locker rooms. The competitions shall be sword, martial arts, misc. weapons, , and a special paired demonstration where two or more partners come up a routine. Kaede said. Alright, now go to work.
Kagome walked down the bleachers with everyone else. Hey guys, Im going talk to Kaede ok? Ill be over there in a few mins.
Alright Kagome. Just hurry, were going to talk about what were going to be . Sango smiled as she walked over to the wall of weapons.
Kagome walked up to Kaede and waited for her to finish speaking with a boy. After to took off Kaede turned around and smiled.
Ahh, I was hoping you would come to talk to me soon. she said
Kagome hugged her. I missed you grandma Kaede.
Kaede hugged her back. I missed you too child. I see that your training has good. You seem much stronger than Kikyou ever was. I noticed that she did not with you, where might she be?
Kagomes face fell. She disappeared in the states.
Ahh, that explains the long face I saw when you came in today. She said .
No, thats not entirely it. Do you think I could come over sometime to talk? asked nervously.
Of course child. Kaede wrote down her address on a piece of paper and it to Kagome. Whenever you need anything, dont hesitate to ask.
Kagome hugged her again. Thanks Kaede. Kagome ran off to the others.
Hey Kagome, do you know Kaede? Miroku asked as she arrived.
Kagome smiled. Yeah, shes my grandma, on my moms side.
Oh cool! Sango said. Anyways, we had an idea. Me an miroku are going to together to music and we were wondering if you would work with inuyasha. arrows at him and him knocking them away or something like that.
Kagome looked at inuyasha who shrugged, I dont care, as long as we win.
Alright then. We can practice tomorrow, if you want you can come over to place. Youll just have to get your sword.
Fine. Inuyasha walked away and started sparring with another boy who gave up after seeing his power.
Damn it, no one will face me. he grumbled under his breath.
I will.
Inuyasha turned around to see a wolf youki standing in front of him. What do want flea bag?
You said you needed a sparring partner. Ill take the job. he said, getting stance. It shouldnt be too hard taking down a half demon like you.
Oh yeah? Ill make you eat your words you mangy wolf! Inuyasha charged at .
The name is Kouga, you stupid mongrel! Kouga said as he blocked his attack.
Less talk more action! he said as he slammed into him, knocking him back the group of people now watching them.
Kouga stood back up and charged at Inuyasha who jumped out of the way. He a shriek and looked back. Kouga had missed him but hit Kagome instead a bruise on her arm and leaving her slightly winded.
Your going to pay for that! Inuyasha hollered as he dived at Kouga and him to the ground. If it hadnt been for Kagome pulling him off, kouga t have gotten up without medical assistance.
Kouga stood up, wincing slightly and holding on to his side. Thank you miss, m sorry for... hitting... you. He had just looked up at Kagome and all the pain in his washed away. He grabbed Kagomes hands. Im going to make you my !
Kagome looked mortified and punched Kouga in the face. He fell back on the ground holding his cheek. I am not your woman and I never will be! She screamed him.
Kouga got back up and started towards her but inuyasha stood in the way.
Dont touch her. he growled.
Kouga stood up to him. And what are you going to do about it dog turd? asked as he punched Inuyasha in the face.
Inuyasha shook his head to clear the punch he had just received and pulled fist back to hit him but Kaede stood in the middle. Break it up boys, its time to changed. Kagome are ye alright?
Kagome nodded Ill be fine. Come on Inuyasha.
Inuyasha followed Kagome out into the deserted hall. Inuyasha are you ? Your bleeding a little from where Kouga hit you.
Inuyasha touched his face and saw the blood on his hand. Itll heal soon.
Kagome frowned slightly. Alright. she started to turn but then turned back him. Standing on tiptoe she kissed his cheek and ran into the locker room leaving dazed inuyasha behind.