InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ back to the past ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 9

Kagome woke up the next morning with a headache, she moaned as she looked her clock. Shit! I missed the first 5 classes! She thought as she got up and got quickly and rushed down stairs. Mom! Why did you wake me up?! she asked she saw her mom in the kitchen.
You wouldnt wake up and you looked so exhausted. she said absentmindedly.
Kagome scowled and ran out the door. Damn it, Im going to have to run to .
Kagome arrived 15 minuets later out of breath. She was bent over double heavily.
Mrs. Higurashi, late to school are we?
Kagome looked up and the principal stood in front of her. Im sorry sensei. bowed.
Since its a first offence, Ill let you off with a warning. Dont be late again. turned and left.
Kagomes heart started to slow as she walked into the cafeteria and saw and Miroku sitting at a table with Inuyasha. She came over and plopped into a . Sango and Miroku looked over at her, surprised to see her there.
Kagome, where were you thins morning? Sango asked as she looked at her .
Kagome looked up and spotted miroku. You She growled as she got up and for him, arms extended and reaching for his neck. You are going to die! tried to pounce on him but Sango and Inuyasha held her back.
Calm down Kagome! Miroku said holding up his hands. Whatever it is! I t do it!
You overheard me and Sango talking and you told Him! Kagome said, still to get out of Sango and Inuyashas grasps.
Oh that, yeah sorry! Miroku said scratching the back of his head.
As Kagomes growls became more ferocious, Sango let her go but Inuyasha a firm grip on her. The bell rang for next class and students got up to get to next class.
Miroku, if you value your life, I suggest you move your ass now! Inuyasha . It didnt take him long to move and Inuyasha held Kagome by the arm and led to art class. He stopped outside the door and looked Kagome straight in the . Im sorry for last night kagome. You have to believe me, I never meant to you. he said quietly. Kagome looked away but he grabbed her chin lightly and her face back towards him. Can I still be than Hanyu you fall in love with tomorrow? At the festival?
Kagome wasnt sure if he meant the play or something else but before she answer the bell rang and they rushed inside. During class, Inuyasha asked if she could still preform in gym. She nodded and turned her attention back the teacher.
~*~
Next up, Kagome and Inuyasha. Come to the center you two. Kaede said as sword tournament came to the final round between the two.
Bow! Fight!
Kagome ducked as Inuyasha came charging at her and took a swipe. She by swinging her leg out and knocking him to the floor.
Point Kagome! Kaede yelled. Back to center! Ready! Fight!
This time Kagome took the early lead, going after Inuyashas weak spot, his . Unfortunately he had learned to block it during their training and was able to her back so that she stumbled and almost fell. Kneeling she charged for him but he charged with own attack and knocked her back on her butt.
Point Inuyasha! Back to center! Final point! Fight!
Kagome and Inuyasha circled around, waiting for the other to make the first . They both attacked at the same time and their swords locked in a strength . Both held their swords against each other, neither backing down. Suddenly pulled back and Kagome charged, swiping at Inuyashas knees again. She hit him inuyasha started to fall. Knowing that he couldnt win, he knocked Kagomes feet from under her as he fell and they both landed at the same time.
Tie! Both Kagome and Inuyasha are the winners! Kaede said as she the laughing pair. Inuyasha stood up and helped Kagome up they walked of the gym, following the rest of the class.
Great job Kagome. Inuyasha said as he stretched.
You two, oh tomorrow my grandfather wanted you over at 11 if you could it. Kagome answered as she headed towards her locker room
Ill be there dont worry. Inuyasha disappeared into the locker room to as Kagome disappeared into hers.
~*~
Hey Kagome, why dont you sit with me? Inuyasha said as they got on the .
Alright. I wanted to talk to you anyways. Kagome said as she sat down next him. Are you sure you dont want the script to look over your lines? she asked.
For the hundredth time no. I remember all of it. he said leaning back.
Kagome sighed. Fine, I just want to be as good as kikyou was she said .
Inuyasha picked up her chin slightly. Youll be great. Just you wait and see, people watch you, theyll think they are back in the time when it did happen. said quietly.
Kagome gave him a small smile. Thanks Inuyasha.
He nodded and gave her a small kiss on her cheek. This is your stop, now go.
Surprised by his affection, it took Kagome a few seconds to get her act and get off the bus. Kagome looked back at him as she was going down the and he smiled at her and she smiled back.
Kagome ran the rest of the way to her house and bolted up into her room. the door behind her she leaned against it and sighed.
Today has been a great day.