InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to you ❯ Kagome and InuYasha ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]



Disclaimer: Oh, yeah I don't own InuYasha but I do own the rights to this story save for the characters!


Okay this is how it's going to go. You get this chapter but I won't update anything else until next week. I know that you are all upset on how I ended this story but please understand on why I ended it the way I did IT ALL ADDS UP IN THE END! ^_^ So here's the sequel, but don't expect too much.

will only be one story updated each weekend, so it will alternate! ALSO, Threats don't work! If anything I will take even longer just to spite those who threaten me to update or else : ) just for shits and giggles!

story begins right where "Through the well" ends! AND ON WITH THE STORY!!


Back to you
Miztikal-Dragon
one: Kagome and InuYasha


The deep blue light soon died down before disappearing completely. Kagome waited patiently as her tear stained eyes adjusted to the inky darkness around her, she was in the well house. Looking around for a moment or two, Kagome searched for something that she could use to climb up. At first she saw nothing, but her gaze soon found little crater like steps leading up the well.


Sighing heavily she made her way up and quickly out of the well house and out into the open. She couldn't believe her own eyes. Everything was different; she could hear the faint sounds of cars as they drove at high speeds down the streets, it was noisy here.


'Did I make the right decision leaving InuYasha?' She asked herself as she walked silently to the house she once lived at which stood in the middle of the gigantic shrine. 'Well it's too late to go back now I couldn't do that to myself, I couldn't do that to him..'


In only a matter of minutes was Kagome inside her old home. Dust and white sheets still were there, left completely untouched. She carefully set down her things and decided that she could fix her old home up a bit, making it even slightly habitable place to live in. Hours slowly dragged on and a mixture of sweat, tears, and dust clumped to her once pale face. Deciding that after doing the living room, kitchen and three out of the four bedrooms Kagome went up the stairs and headed into the bathroom where she took a cold bath. Scrubbing her body until it was pink and raw, she tried to think about what she was going to do next now that she was where she belonged.


Kagome later dressed herself and went outside. By now it was late in the afternoon and nightfall would soon cover the sky. She quietly walked to the stairs in front of the Sunset Shrine and sat down. She hadn't realized it until now as she hugged her knees and watched the clouds, but she already was missing the clean air, the vast vegetation, the clear lakes, and most of all everyone that she had left behind. Thinking about now InuYasha was doing only after less than one day, Kagome began to weep. She needed to be there for her brother Sota when he got out of juvenile detention, she had to finish her education, and she needed to live before she could settle down; even if what she needed most was the one back through the well.

I don't want you to give it all up. And leave your own life collecting dust. And I don't want you to feel sorry for me You never gave us a chance to be. Oo


He didn't know how long it had been since he had cried, but it was coming out now. Everyone had been right, he had lost her. The ring that she had given him was clenched tightly in his hand, he would always keep it close for it was the only thing of her that he had left; besides all of the heart wrenching memories.


No matter how much he had tried to deny it, the truth was that Kagome had come, turned his world upside down and opened up his heart showing the hanyou that there was love in hell. InuYasha didn't know how he was going to be able to live without her, it would be hard, but some how he would try to go on waiting for that day. That one day when Kagome might return and love him like she said.


InuYasha slumped to his knees and let the tears trickle down his now pale face. He didn't notice that somebody was coming towards him, not until they laid their hand on his shoulder.


"It's going to be okay InuYasha," Sango said softly.


"I wish what you say is true." He spat wiping his face and shrugging off Sango's hand, "But it won't! I screwed up Sango! I missed my chance at happiness There's nothing left for me here."


"How do you know that what you say is true?" Miroku asked sternly, "Lady Kagome might come back. I mean she did say that she loved you and those are very powerful words don't you think?"


"I just do okay!" InuYasha growled angrily.


Quickly the Inu-hanyou got to his feet , knocking away the hands that tried to help him as he stumbled. The pain in his heart was too great, he had to get away from the well, so he ran. Leaping through the trees, passing the animals, all in the blink of an eye not paying any attention to where he was going or the scenery around him. He fled from everything that would keep him in his deepening depressant state, away from everything that he had once held so dear to his heart.


He wouldn't stop, no, he was beginning a brand new journey. This time he would travel alone, he wouldn't meet new people and let them tag along; he wouldn't find love and do anything for her love in return. No, this time he was going to start off alone and end the journey alone, if alive.

And I don't need you to be by my side I just wanted you to tell me the truth You know I'd do that for you Why are you running away? Why are you running away? Oo


Kagome sobbed there on the steps of the shrine, not noticing that someone was walking up the stairs towards her. She was off in her own little world, oblivious to her surroundings and that the person was looming over her.


"Miss," A man said sternly, "You're not supposed to be here.. It's private property."


Instantly her tears stopped and her head shot up, there in front of her stood a young police officer, his blue eyes stared seriously at her, his long black hair up in what seemed to be a ponytail, mostly hidden underneath his hat. This man reminded her of somebody with a quite familiar face.


"I know," She sniffled wiping her eyes, "I used to live here."


The officer grinned widely as he crouched down, his smile was oddly familiar, but from where she couldn't remember.


"Do you happen to be Kagome Higurashi?" He asked softly.


She only nodded, 'How did he know my name? I don't know any police officers, do I?' She thought. Somehow she must have given him a confused look because he laughed then rested his hand gently on her shoulder.


"Someone's been searching everywhere for you since you and your father disappeared." He told her, "I'm glad that I found you."


The officer helped Kagome to her feet and let her lean on him as he slowly guided her down the never ending amount of stairs. She was so tired and relieved that the police officer had found her. Moments later they reached his squat car and the authority figure graciously helped Kagome into the back seat. She sat there silently as the officer drove, he had explained to her that they would be going to the station where she would be released into the custody of a family relative.


Kagome yawned tiredly as the rather young man kept on talking about just everything, trying to keep a good conversation she guessed. As the trees quickly passed, light street after light street, multiple pedestrians, her eyes closed and she fell into a much needed sleep.


Her peaceful slumber had only seemed to last merely minutes as a pair of strong yet gentle hands grasped her shoulders shaking her slightly.


"Miss Higurashi," He said softly, "Wake upWe are at the station."

Cause I did enough to show you that I Was willing to give and sacrifice And I was the one who was lifting you up When you thought your life had had enough. Oo


His long silver hair fluttered violently as he kept up his pace, it was already late into the afternoon. They hanyou had traveled countless miles and he didn't even keep track of which way would eventually take him home. He didn't care, all he had now was the unnerving sensation to run, to run and never stop no matter what, he had to keep on running.


As soon as the sun began to set, InuYasha slowed down indefinitely, his senses were starting to diminish, along with his strength. His once radiant silver locks of hair slowly darkened and turned to a jet black. The once bright and intense amber eyes faded into a hallow violet, brimming with the stress that he was feeling. The triangular dog ears, his pearly white fangs and his long and sharp talon like claws retracted into his body. By the time it was completely dark, our miserable hanyou was human


InuYasha went to leap into the trees, but collapsed to his knees in exhaustion. His chest heaved as he breathed heavily, the sweat glistened on his tanned features, a snarl on his face as he clenched his fists and pounded them into the ground.


A lone figure stood in the shadowy darkness, watching intensely as InuYasha transformed. Her long black hair blowing in the wind, her piercing maroon eyes drinking up the sight of the now human Inu-hanyou. She could sense his frustration, his pain of heart break, his sorrow, that's what had drawn her to him. This would fulfill the prophecy that Naraku had foretold to her. Her smile eloped into an evil smirk.


"This will be fun," She whispered into the wind.


He had sensed the female that watched him, but ignored her none the less. She was human, even if she was a miko and a pretty powerful one at that, he wouldn't care. If she wanted to destroy him, he would voluntarily hold out his own wrists for her to slice, he would tear off his haori and hand her tetsusaiga and let her decapitate him. If that was what she wanted to do, he would let her because he felt like he wanted to die.


'What about Kagome?' He asked himself, 'What if she comes back for me?' He tried to shake her from his mind, but he couldn't. He would have to live just incase she did return.


"I know you're behind me!" He growled, "What do you want human?!"

And when I get close, you turn away There's nothing that I can do or say So now I need you to tell me the truth You know I'd do that for you. So why are you running away? Why are you running away? Oo


First person point of view: Kagome


I sat there on a hard and cold chair inside the chief of police's private office. I had freaked out a little after I had entered the station. Everyone thought I was crazy, but the young officer tried to reassure me that I was just traumatized, yeah right traumatized my ass; they just don't understand what I've been through, what I've suffered.


The young officer and I had just entered the station, he had his arm draped comfortingly around my shoulder, but his touch somehow made me feel disgusted, there was something about him that made me cautious around him; like at any minute he would pounce on me and do unspeakable things to me. I swear we got along fine and everything was dandy, that was until we passed the other officers, that's where it went wrong.


"Hey Koga!" A fat and lethargic man called from behind the clerks desk, "Who's the woman?"


"Yeah Ookami!" Another one said, but he was mysteriously at my side eyeing me like a piece of meat, "did you find another crack whore on the street corner again?"


I gasped and recoiled into the young officer's arms, trying to hide myself from these perverted men's glares, they were practically leering at me with deranged lust. I could feel my savior grip me tightly and hear his clear voice.


"Shut up you two old bastards!" He snapped, "She isn't a crack whore! She's the Higurashi girl that's been missing for a little less than a month!"


I could then feel him pulling me someplace, probably to sit down, I felt like my head was going to burst from all the anxiety that I was feeling. Suddenly I felt warm, the hot breath on my neck made me shiver and I swore that he chuckled as his lips touched one of my ears.


"Don't worry," He said huskily, "You're with me now"


And that's when everything came together, this Koga Ookami, he reminded me of that man who had tried to kidnap me; he had called me 'his angel'. I had thought of the deranged man with dark colored long hair and bright blue eyes, he had wanted to make me his mate, yeah right like I'd go for that. But InuYasha came after him, he had been there to save me.


So, I flipped out and I did the unspeakable, yet oddly similar; I kneed the young officer and tried to escape, fat chance.

Is it me, is it you Nothing that I can do To make you change your mind To make you change your mind So why are you running away? Why are you running away? Oo


"I don't want anything." She replied coyly, "I was searching for medicinal herbs and I happened to see you collapse." She lied but continued, "And as a priestess I've come to make sure you're okay."


InuYasha tried to get to his feet, but fatigue was settling in. "Cut the crap!" He snarled, "I know that's nothing but a line of bull!"


"Believe what you wish, but I know exactly what I was doing." She said eyeing the weakened human.


He tried yet again to get to his feet and after a minute or so of struggling, he was able to stand. The now human InuYasha glared angrily at the mysterious priestess, something about her made his stomach churn. He believed that she was no ordinary priestess and if he was right, he didn't want to be standing by her any longer.


"Who are you!" It was more of a demand than a question.


"Oh, so you're curious now" She laughed walking towards him at a very slow pace. It wasn't as if he could run, "Anyway, I am Tsubaki, I'm a loyal priestess in the village of Kai and who might you be?" (she has a different appearance in my story so live with it!)


"That is none of your concern wench!" InuYasha growled as he turned his back on the priestess and slowly began to limp back in the direction that he had come from.


"What a rude little hanyou," Tsubaki cooed, "You really need to learn your manners InuYasha.."


Stopping dead in his tracks, InuYasha turned to the priestess and faced her; a confused and angry look on his facial features. Tsubaki smiled coyly as she stared unblinking at the transformed hanyou. Her black priestess robes and her ebony long hair fluttered violently in the air as her hands came together as if she was going to pray.


InuYasha watched as the priestess closed her eyes and began to chant. His own eyes widened in horror as he realized who this woman was. She was a dark priestess, but how she was alive? It was impossible because InuYasha had slain her with his own claws many years ago.

What is it I've got to say So why are you running away? .To make you admit you're afraid Why are you running away? Oo


Kagome ran from the room that Koga, the young police officer had escorted her into, she had to get away. As she passed the two men from before, a hand shot out and grabbed her wrist. She was whirled around and was instantly faced with a pretty pissed off police officer, his face was too skinny for his over weight body, and his pudgy hand was cutting off the circulation to her hand.


"You stupid girl!" He growled, "Didn't your daddy ever teach you any manners!"


She cowered in front of the offer, trying to break free, but just wanting for him to strike her. For Kagome knew the abusive type, she knew what to look for and right about now this man's temper was ablaze. She could sense his aura and it was practically suffocating her.


"That will be enough Risol!" A voice said sternly.


Everything around her was quiet and Kagome was practically holding her breath for what seemed to be a few minutes before the man named "Risol" released her, grumbling something that she couldn't decipher and to her guess walking away. Sighing heavily, Kagome reluctantly opened her yes, instantly spotting a man a few feet away from herself.


He was pretty tall and lean, the gray hair showed in his auburn hair and was brushed elegantly to the side. He must have been somebody important and high ranking because he wore a comfortable looking deep navy blue business suit. There was a faint sign of wrinkles and crows feet next to his intense and dark eyes.


"You must be Miss Higurashi," He said gently, "sorry about my officers. Sometimes they get too excited and forget themselves!" He looked at her before adding, "I'm the chief of police, Satoru Reiki."


He extended his hand to her and Kagome glanced down at his palm for a minute, then she reluctantly took it into hers and shook it.


"Kagome Higurashi," She whispered meekly.


"follow me," Satoru told her, "You can wait for your guardian to come in my private office.."


Kagome nodded and quickly followed the man as he headed towards his office away from the leering officers..

The scene changes were brought to you by Hoobastank's "Running away" The song ended before the chapter so go along with it! Oo


"Why aren't you dead!" InuYasha yelled, "I killed you! I killed you with my bare claws eleven years ago!"


Tsubaki smirked evilly as her eyes boarded holes into the human in front of her. Yes, it had been true that he had ripped her to pieces, literally; but she had been reborn! Naraku had given her life not even two weeks from this point and time, and now that she was back, she had plans for the Inu-hanyou.


"Yes yes, Inuyasha." She said emotionlessly waving his shocked tone as if it was a mere fly, "Don't have a heart attack. I died, no biggy! It's not as if I just 'poofed' out of thin air ya' know."


His eyes narrowed as he glared at the evil priestess. 'I'll just have to kill her again is all.' He told himself, cracking his knuckles completely forgetting that he was in his human from and at the brink of physical exhaustion. Tsubaki began to laugh, more or less like cackle at InuYasha's actions.


"Do you honestly believe that InuYasha?" She chuckled, "You can barely stand, let alone even try and kill me again.. Besides InuYasha, what power do you have as a human? You're completely useless and weak. That's why that young maiden left you, ha! That's why she mysteriously disappeared down that bone eater's well!"


The dark priestess almost keeled over with laughter as InuYasha took an uneasy step in her direction. Immediately her eyes grew dark, they became black as a few silent words slipped from her pursed lips. They human InuYasha cried out holding his head as he collapsed to his knees. There was a blinding pain in his head, it was as if Tsubaki was trying to break into his mind, but he tried to fight against it.


Slowly she walked up the his side, placing one of her cold and dead hands on InuYasha's shoulder. She knelt down and looked deep into his eyes, a smile on her facial features.


"A word of advice InuYasha," She cooed eerily, "Always expect the unexpected.." that's when InuYasha's eyes closed and it all became dark.

Dun dun dun! Hope you got the big hint that I gave just now If not, you didn't read "through the well" carefullyand I'd go back and re readand re review*grins evilly* Oo


A few hours had passed by and Kagome waited patiently, her hands in her lap, her eyes focused on the door a few feet away from where she had been sitting. Someone had missed her a lot and put out a search for her. Who ever the person was must have cared dearly for her and wanted her found. Now she would have to wait impatiently until that person was notified of her being at the police station and come down to pick her up.


'Who could my guardian be?' Kagome asked herself, 'Who do I know who would spend a lot of time and money just to see me home and safe?'


Kagome was thinking deeply when shadows could be seen in front of the door and two men could be faintly heard as they spoke to one another in low masculine voices.


"Is she really here?" One man asked impatiently, "Did you really find my Kagome?"


"Yes Mr. Higurashi," Kagome recognized the chief's voice, "We really did find her. She is right in my office. Since all the paper work has been filled out, you can just take her home. She's had a rough day and looks a little shaken up. The poor lass might need a good night's sleep."


She kept her eyes on the door as the knob slowly turned. It seemed as if time was purposely standing still, but the door slowly opened and a tall figure loomed in the entrance. He was the exact opposite of her father. His eyes were a emotion filled chocolate, his long dark brown hair was tied up in a low ponytail, hanging lifelessly. He wasn't muscular, but built. Though he was a skinny and pale man, he had had many hidden strengths.


"Kagome?" He asked.


"UNCLE LEE!" She screamed in surprise as she shot up from her seat and rushed over to her uncle, throwing her arms around his chest as she gave him a giant hug.

w00t! The first chapter is finished. So how did you like it? I know, I know I can't get enough of cliffhangers! I'm soo evil, but hey I posted this a whole week earlier than what I had planned. Oo

since I'm officially updating this story now, I will post it once a week. Of course on the weekends, but with one other story. Either it be "Will you be mine?", "Love, Murder, and Betrayal", "My Revenge" (Still on hold!) or the one-shot "A Prisoner to his passion" that I'm working on.

can't update all my stories on the weekends, so I will alternate them so I can have enough time to do school work and still lead a normal teenaged life. Please leave a review and tell me what you think about this story so far!


Chapter two: Breaking down and building up.

Until next time, Krystal.