InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to you ❯ Not to be reached in time ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]



Disclaimer: Oh, yeah I don't own InuYasha but I do own the rights to this story save for the characters!


Okay I don't really think that I'm too good with my words...I keep saying one thing, but I'm too lazy to actually do it.. How sad! lol Well I'm promising to have more than one story updated! I'm going to try to finish the next chapter to My Revenge, and Bewitched. Then I'm going to post them because I'm very lazy and you've been waiting forever!


So please tell me what you think of this chapter, Read, Review and most of all, ENJOY!


Back to you


By Miztikal-Dragon


Chapter Five: To not be reached in time.


Kagome glanced at the scene in front of her as the woman in the air dropped the sword that she had been holding. As if fell, unnoticed by the injured girl with read hair who was laying on the ground, blood seeping from her body. The sword landed right in the back of the girl, probably killing her off immediately. The weapon seemed to be surrounded in an evil aura, the malice filled energy flicked with menace before sending out a shockwave of power.


Sango and Miroku were about to reach the fallen girl when they were blown back forcefully. The demon exterminator let out a panicked scream and Miroku hit a huge near by tree behind him with a loud smack. And yet Kagome stood there, she was unaffected and quickly she rushed over to the with red hair to see if she was okay.


Kneeling down next to the girl, she pulled the evil sword from the girl's back, blood spurted onto her pale face and out of instinct Kagome pressed her hand over the fetal wound. A bright blue light poured from her hand into the girl, Kagome tried to pull back her hand, she was in shock, yet her limb wouldn't budge.


She felt like scream out in utter shock, but she didn't; it wasn't even possible if she had tried. Kagome could tell from the very beginning that the red haired girl was dead, but something sparked and a faint beating could be felt in her fingertips.


".Koga." The girl whispered in an almost inaudible voice.


Something inside Kagome snapped, for this girl knew Koga; the prince of the wolf tribe. This red hair, pig-tailed girl was in actuality a dying wolf youkai. Kagome could feel the faint aura. Closing her eyes to rid herse4lf of a minor dizzy spell, Kagome felt a drop of something hit her hand that currently lay on the youkai. Opening her eyes she saw a drop of bright red blood followed by another. As her free hand subconsciously came up to her face, it became suddenly damp. Slightly frightened, she looked down at her blood hand as an enormous gust of the ever so mysterious wind blew by causing her to shudder. Her nose slowly continued to bleed before she finally realized, she was under attack!


Oo If I died tomorrow Would this song live on forever? Here is my ...Unopened letter to a world...that never shall reply. If I died tomorrow, Would this song live on forever? Here is my....Unopened letter to a world that never shall REPLY! Oo


Tsubaki watched the priestess that she assumed to be the deceased Kikyo. The wench was healing, or at least trying to heal that female wolf youkai. Anger pulsed throughout her body, she wasn't going to let "Kikyo" ruin her plans, again. Oh no, she wasn't planning on repeating history anytime soon. Conjuring up a teal colored energy ball between her elongated fingertips, Tsubaki chanted wordlessly as she sent a wave up tremendous power down onto her foe.


Just as the energy was about to make its mark and decimate her enemy, a deep blue torrent wave of power seemed to pour out from "Kikyo" and neutralizing the dark priestess' attack. Tsubaki's eyes narrowed angrily before she felt youkai approaching and fast. Cursing herself mentally, she called to her forgotten sword and vanished from sight into the forest, to await for the next part of her plans to begin.


Oo Never shall reply... From this second story window I can hear the church bells calling out my name... This table is set for one Even angels would be homesick in this forsaken town. Oh random notes of parchment I'm scrawling my existence dressed in white... Oo


He wanted to scream blindly as he stared at his brown and blood soaked tail that lay off to his side. He had to get to the village, something bad had followed Ayame, Koga could sense it as clear as day. The wolf youkai could hear the Inu-hanyou, InuYasha cackling at him. Koga was slowly dying from blood loss, but he couldn't crumble, not to a hanyou who had lost his mind, not now and not ever!


"Why don't you just give up and die?" InuYasha smirked as he looked down at his victim.


"You can never kill me dog shit!" Koga growled angrily.


Finding some strange inner strength remaining in his demon body. Koga snarled, Ayame was in dyer trouble, he could faintly smell her fear, her blood in the air. Flipping onto his back, oblivious to all the pain of his body, the wolf youkai sent a powerful kick to InuYasha's stomach, sending the hanyou tumbling back a few years as Koga quickly jumped to his feet and charged his crazed rival.


Somehow InuYasha couldn't keep up with the lightning quick agility of the wolf's punches and kicks. He could barely block the attacks yet alone deliver anything. Though for some reason InuYasha didn't quite feel as enraged as before and he could feel the fatigue finally settling in as he threw Koga back, the hanyou collapsed to his knees in exhaustion, covered in the wolf youkai's blood.


"I'll be back for you later dog-boy!" Koga snarled taking off towards the village, towards Ayame, "But first I have to take care of something more important than pounding in your ugly face!" Then he was gone.


He still couldn't feel the blinding pain that would have rendered him to spasms, but he had to get to Ayame, he needed to save his future mate at all costs. He sniffed the air hoping to get her scent clearer, but what he got was so surprising that he almost tumbled over a rock, almost. A few minutes passed by and soon enough he was gaining on the entrance to the village where the monk and demon slayer resided and called home.


As he entered the village, blood filled his nostrils as he stared at Ayame laying lifelessly on the ground, she was dying and he could tell. That's when the pain could be felt throughout his entire body causing him to gasp in shock. Out of the corner of his eyes he could see the monk and demon slayer climb onto their feet, and he silently headed for Ayame. He could see Kagome, the one who InuYasha declared as his mate, and since she too was bleeding, the hanyou would surely be here. The devil at his heels with a blinding rage to kill everyone in his path.


"Ayame" Koga chocked out surprising the young miko who was currently keeping the female youkai alive.


He collapsed to his knees next to his own intended mate's body, the unshed tears brimmed in his eyes as he fought back the uneasy waves of bone-breaking pain. Kagome seemed to be watching him as her hand removed itself from Ayame's back.


"I'm so sorry Koga," Kagome whispered sullenly.


"You must leave now," Koga growled pulling Ayame's lifeless body into his lap, "You must leave before he comes for you! H-he's gone made with loneliness, and he will surely kill this whole village because you have been injured!"


Miroku, Sango, and Kagome listened in shock at the wolf youkai's calm demeanor, they would plainly see the tail of dark maroon blood that gave as a trail to any predators. Kagome was no longer bleeding as heavily as before, and yet no matter how had she tried to move, she couldn't get her legs to work. Koga was talking about InuYasha, her InuYasha


"Get off your fucking ass!" Koga snarled angrily, "Go back to your own time girl! Or you'll suffer a worse fate than death when the hanyou finds you here next to an enemy of his! NOW GO BACK BEFORE I MAKE YOU! GO BACK THROUGH THE WELL AND NEVER COME BACK!"


Sango's deafening whistle could be heard as she called out for the neko youkai that currently was hunting in the forest. The demon slayer grabbed Kagome and hoisted her to an upright standing position as a thundering growl could be heard. An enormous ball of flames shot out of the forest of trees and with quick speed and grace headed straight for Sango and Kagome.


Kirara landed on the ground and was glancing at her own as Sango practically threw Kagome onto the neko youkai's back and jumped on herself. Both girls held on tightly as Kirara took off into the air heading towards the bone eater's well.


Miroku looked down at Kagome and Ayame, it sent a pang of guilt throughout his hear for he and Sango had practically sent these two wolf youkai to their untimely deaths.


"Koga, I.we..didn't mean for this to happen," Miroku said.


Koga shifted his weight as he lay Ayame on the ground. He could feel the darkness around him. Glancing up at the monk, he smiled a cocky smile as he laid down next to Ayame. She was on death's door and he would join her.


"Wait for me Ayame" The wolf prince breathed, "I love youSo p-please wait for me"


Placing one last chaste kiss on her lips, Koga put his head down on Ayame's chest wrapping his arms around her waist. He listened silently as Ayame's heart beat slowly came to a stop. A tear slid down his blood covered face as he muttered one last favor to the monk.


"Bless us monk," Koga choked out, "She was innocent, but I need forgivenessP-please bless her"


It became dark and Koga closed his eyes drifting off into an eternal sleep. He had found what he thought to be love, but he had lost it just because of a meddling, revenge crazy evil priestess named Tsubaki.


Sadly Miroku watched as Koga took in his last breath then died, no matter what, he was going to give both youkai a proper burial; they deserved so much more, but that was all that he could give. Closing his eyes and whispering a silent prayer, he began to bless the two bodies of his fallen allies, they had done so much for Sango and him, and that would never go unnoticed or unappreciated, never


Oo this candle radiated throughout the night..And it's never burning out....Never burning out...From this second story window I can hear the children down on main street. They're singing their songs tonight. In the shadows I will listen to their every movement. Mr Higginson am I not good enough for the world? Oo



InuYasha sat on his knees, the smell of wolf and grass filled his senses. The hanyou was dead tired and severly hungry. This was the first time since the night Kagome left him that he could think straight. For some reason he felt empty and that hurting Koga made him feel somewhat guilty, yes guilty.


He had realized when Koga left that Kagome wasn't there with him, she never had been. Tonight would be the new moon and InuYasha would turn human. 'Kagome's human.' He told himself as he looked down at the ring around his neck. He would never take it off, no matter what, he promised himself that he wouldn't.


The wind blew by something firerce, his long silver hair fluttered in the wind, his eyes were closed and he inhaled deeply. Gagging on the scented air, InuYasha coughed. A familiar scent laced with blood and there was no way in the seven hells he could believe that what he was smelling wasn't real; Kagome was back in his time, and her blood filled the air.


Grabbing the ground, InuYasha awkwardly got onto his feet. Boy if he didn't look like a dog before, he sure as hell did at the moment. Building up what was left of his strength, he took off in the direction of where Kagome's scent was strongest. He now knew how Koga was able to find his strength, it came from deep down, from the inner most depths of the heart.


Oo Am I destined only to die the same way that I lived, in seclusion? But high up on this mountain I can almost see your lonely window sill...They'll carry you off tonight...There's a ghost in your old bedroom and a candle burning bright....If I die tomorrow will this song live on forever? Oo


Okay I know it looked as though as Koga and Ayame died in the last chapter, but as you know now they didn't. I actually cried while typing this up becuase it is sad..Even if I don't really know Ayame...it's still sad.. This story has fallen into the angsty-ness and I hope that you can forgive me... It gets worse...


This chapter's scenry changes were brought to you by "Unopened letter to the world" by The Ataris..


If you have a song that you would like to see in any of the chapters leave the song title and the artist's name/band name.. And I will consider it for you..


Chapter Six: From a vision to a harsh reality.

Until next time, Krystal.