InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Back to you ❯ Back to the past ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: Oh, yeah I don’t own InuYasha but I do own the rights to this story save for the characters!



OMFG Here's a new chapter for you finally! xD I know, I'm such a horrible person when it comes to updating like I said I would... So this chappie goes out to Allie! She's the one who practically told me in a subtle way that I needed to get off my ass and post a new chapter to this story or else she would die... Well I can't have reivewers keeling over now can I? xD I hope you like it! SO ENJOY!


Back to you


By Miztikal-Dragon


Chapter Twelve: Back to the past.


Sango couldn’t believe that Miroku just walked off. He was angry with her, and she him. Hours went by and the kids were fed, bathed and tucked into their futons. Dinner was done, and some was eaten, but only a little. The demon slayer busied herself with other tasks as she waited patiently for Miroku to cool off and come back so she could apologize for her behavior. She had never asked Seiko anything, but from her daughter’s victorious smirk, Sango immediately knew that she herself was in the wrong all along.


The demon slayer watched the entrance to the hut, praying that he would come back alive because lately demon’s had been acting up again and attacking helpless villages near by. Sango knew this because she and Kirara were the one’s going off to exterminate the youkai that had regularly become quite a nuisance.


Holding her bandaged hand, she blinked away her tears. The worry was beginning to get to her. Soon it would be dawn and Miroku had yet to return, Kirara was off hunting and wouldn’t be back until late afternoon. Sango had burned her hand as she tried to boil water for tea, it proved to be unsuccessful to even attempt at her current state.


‘What if he’s hurt?’ She thought as her dark brown hair lay strewn out over her unblinking eyes, ‘How can I not trust my own husband? Haven’t we been through enough already? Why did I screw everything up? Curse my stubborn ways! Miroku could be anywhere, why hasn’t he come home yet? What if he doesn’t come home?’


Hugging her knees, Sango hid her head in her lap and silently began to sob, she couldn’t take the stress of worrying for the monk any longer. Though she wasn’t paying attention, someone was watching her from behind a corner. Her brown eyes filling with tears of her own. Seiko had made her mommy and daddy have a terrible fight and now her mom was crying because her dad had yet to return. He had always came back home before and her parents made up, but not it was different, and this time it was all her fault.


Coming out into the open, Seiko quietly towards her mother’s side, careful not to disturb her, but Sango could hear her daughter’s movements as she crept closer.


“Seiko,” Sango choked out wiping away her tears and looking at her daughter’s guilty face, “You should go back to bed… It’s passed your bed your bed time.”


Quickly rushing to her mother’s side as the tears streamed heavily down her pale cheeks, Seiko collapsed onto her knees and hugged her mother as she continued to cry, she was to blame for her dad’s disappearance.


“I’m sorry mama!” The eight-year-old cried, “I didn’t mean to make daddy leave! I didn’t mean to mama! I’m sorry! Please don’t hate me!”


Sango pulled her daughter into her lap and wrapped her arms around the trembling child. She was going to let Seiko cry herself to sleep as the demon slayer whispered comforting words into her daughter’s ear. Her chin laying on the child’s hair as she rubbed the girl’s back.


“It’s okay Seiko,” She sniffled, trying to regain her composure, “I don’t hate you and I never will… Accidents happen and you can’t prevent them sometimes. It’s not your fault, it’s mommy’s. I shouldn’t have started yelling and accusing daddy of things before I got the whole story… Mommy’s just an igit, an ill-tempered igit who’s getting her just deserts.”


Seiko’s crying slowed down to quiet sniffles and sango brushed way the stray strands of her hair away from her daughter’s face. The demon slayer tried to smile, but only got a lopsided grin as she got to her feet and carried Seiko back to her room with her brother and sister. Sango laid Seiko down on a futon and covered her, kissing her forehead.


“Don’t worry, daddy will come home soon.” She cooed trying her hardest to believe her own words, “He always comes home.”


~~oOo~~


He was thinking deeply of things as he walked slowly passed the village. Miroku was angry at himself for just walking away from Sango, and yet he was upset about the demon slayer not trusting him. All he would need is some time to seriously think about his actions, free space if you will. They would have to sit down and have a serious conversation. Things would need to be repaired before they were given enough time to get worse.


Looking around, Miroku knew that it would get dark soon, but he really had something important to do, the monk wanted to go visit an old friend. It was true that the youkai were starting to attack random villages, but Miroku was armed. He may not have had his trusty staff, but his spiritual powers were good enough to keep himself safe, and so were his spell sutras that he carried in his robes.


Entering the forest, the monk calmly kept his face forwards and kept his aura hidden from any unwanted visitors. The trees seemed to take on the dark green and foreboding look with their long branches reaching out as if trying to steal one’s soul. The dead leaves and twigs crunched under his feet, the breeze was unusually calm and the forest was radiating with a strange heat.


Miroku rubbed the back of his neck as he watched the bone eater’s well come into view. The wood was aged and yet she never came back. The last time that Kagome had come back through the well was one of the days that he and Sango could never be able to forget, it was hectic, chaotic, and just one of those days that someone could never be prepared for.


Whispering a silent prayer, the monk continued on his way, he wanted to get to the sacred tree before morning at his leisurely pace. Miroku could feel the lifeless aura that surrounded InuYasha’s sleeping body that hung from the sacred tree. The Inu-hanyou would be turning human in the next couple of days and then either the monk or Sango would go to the sacred tree with Kirara and watch over InuYasha, because it was the least that they could do for him, given what he’d done for them.


He reached his destination a few minutes later and silently walked a few feet away from his old friend. InuYasha was no longer a mere teenager if he subtracted the time when he was cast under Kikyo’s enchantment that is. His long silver hair was probably down to his knees and his now pale skin had lost it’s tanned brownish color. Even if the hanyou’s face was smooth and calm, Miroku could fel something raging inside, InuYasha wasn’t dead, and it seemed that he wouldn’t let himself go either.


“InuYasha,” MIroku greeted as he ran his fingers through his own hair, “It’s nice to see you again, but I can’t stay long. Sango and I had a big fight and she’s probably thinking of ways to castrate me as I speak.”


He laughed at his own words, even after ten years he and Sango hadn’t really changed at all too much. Sure they were now married and had three kids wandering around, but it wasn’t perfect yet, there was still something rather significant missing in everyone’s lives, but it wasn’t as if the problem would be solved over night. No, Miroku believe that it would never be solve, or at least not any time in the near future.


Just as Miroku turned to leave, something rather small glistened through one of the rays of light that found a way around the green foliage of the forest, even if the light was faint what ever it was had surely caught the monk’s eyes. Curiously he slowly walked p to the hanging hanyou, careful and cautious about all of his surroundings. Miroku kneeled to the ground right below InuYasha and with trembling hands, picked up the two tiny pieces of medial that together would form a broken ring and holding it in the middle of his hand. He frowned, this foreign piece of jewelry was like nothing the monk had seen before and by the art of deduction, one name came to his mind.


“Kagome…” He whispered to himself.


Before Miroku could get to his feet, he felt a small pulse of something pass through him. He subconsciously gulped as another wave of power blew passed the monk. Something wasn’t right. That’s when he heard the low rumbling of an animal’s angry growl. Bringing his gaze to the source, Miroku stared straight into the blood red eyes of a demon InuYasha hanging from the sacred tree. The hanyou wasn’t moving an inch, his eyes just burned into the monks. Miroku’s eyes were wide with fear and surprise as he fell back onto his knees.


How is this possible?


Why is InuYasha a demon?


How is he even awake?


“Holy shit…”


One of InuYasha’s ear twitched and Miroku watched as the hanyou’s free arm moved towards the arrow that pierced through his chest. As the clawed hand came an inch away from the arrow, a malevolent force of energy shot out. InuYasha’s face contorted into that of pain as his lower back arched somewhat. A wave of power pulsed off the Inu-hanyou’s body and it knocked Miroku into a near by tree. The monk collapsed in a heap onto the ground and soon the darkness claimed him. Soon InuYasha’s body slacked as he grew still, his red demon eyes closed and he fell back into his eternal nightmare.



~~oOo~~


InuYasha’s point of view.


I can feel the darkness that surrounds me, and I haven’t a clue to where I am. I cannot feel the ground beneath my feet, but the hard texture of something on my back. Am I asleep in Kaede’s hut? Or maybe asleep in a tree or on top of a roof? Where is everyone and why can I not sense them near by? I must get up soon for there are things needed to be done. Sango, Miroku and I have to fight Naraku, or there is no hope.


I have to avenge my dearest Kikyo. I’ve tried to open my eyes but as I try, there’s a shooting pain throughout my entire body starting from the right side of my chest. I know that there is an evil being, probably a demon because I can sense it. I can feel the demon inside me, trying to claw out of my confinements. Destruction, hate, and the wanting of fresh blood running through my claws begin to fill my mind with evil thoughts. Sadistic thoughts. I need to break free from whatever is holding me.


Now I can sense a familiar presence, but the person seems older, wiser, but distraught. Who is this human who is slowly coming to me? Is he here to kill me? Or to help me become free? He starts talking to me as if I am an old friend and I can recognize his voice from anywhere, it is the lecherous monk, Miroku. I now can understand why he’s upset, for I can smell Sango on him, the monk has finally mated with the demon slayer, and I would smile if I could move, but I can’t.


Miroku begins to come closer and there is something boiling deep within my heart. My demon blood is being drawn by an unknown source and I struggle to keep control. My head feels as though I’m being torn in half. A sharp pain in my chest begins to worsen ten fold and something soothing is rippling at my abdomen. It’s as if there is a battle against my body. One that I can feel, but only with that of excruciating pain. I cant’ keep up and my demon blood is steadily getting stronger.


I try to scream out for help, but I have no voice, I can hear a malicious laughter and I try my hardest, I mustn’t break so easily. I need to be strong for my friends, for my lost love Kikyo. The soothing caress is gone and the pain shooting throughout my body is too strong for me to handle. I can feel myself slipping into the darkness of my inner self, into my heart’s deepest desires.


~~oOo~~


Kagome woke up to find herself laying spread eagle on her carpet. Her head hurt and she felt like crap, not to mention the dull pain in her knee. Groaning, she slowly climbed onto her feet and looked over at the clock on the wall. It was only half past four and she would have to be up in a half hour. Deciding not to go back to bed, Kagome made her way shakily to the bathroom.


Stretching out her aching muscles, the twenty-six-year-old woman stripped off her work clothes and went to the shower, turning on the hot water for her shower. Waiting a bit for the water to warm up a bit, Kagome rubbed her neck, she thought that she had probably slept wrong that’s why it was bugging her, though it wasn’t a physical type of pain, Kagome began to feel empty inside like something she once had was missing.


Brushing it off, she got into the shower and stood underneath the showerhead as the hot water pounded on her naked body. Quickly washing her hair and body, Kagome jumped out of the shower and pulled on her robe before she took off running down the stairs and into the kitchen to start a pot of coffee. Kagome then hurried back to her room to get ready and shut off the alarm clock. She didn’t have much time until people would come and she needed to be prepared.


Putting on her priestess outfit, she put her long black hair into a ribbon before slipping on the traditional sandals. Looking over herself in the mirror, Kagome felt a pang of sadness in he heart. Something wasn’t right and deep down inside she knew it had to do something with the hanyou that she left behind.


Racing down the stairs she grabbed a crow bar that mysteriously lay on the coffee table and she bolted outside. Why hadn’t she thought of this once her uncle died? He couldn’t destroy it if he wasn’t living and if he could, she wouldn’t leave the well if she could pass through. Practically shoving open the well house door, she ran to the bone eater’s well and began to pry loose the boards. She had to go to InuYasha, she had to go back to her past.


~~oOo~~

And thus the angst returns.... OKAY! So what did you think? I don't know when the next chapter will come out but I'll try and shoot for next week. I'M SORRY TO SAY THAT I HAVE DISCONTINUED "My Revenge" AND "Bewitched" IS ON HIATUS UNTIL I FINISH POSTING "Love, Murder, and Betrayal" ALONG WITH FINISHING "Will you be mine?" I know I know.. But life's a bitch get over and please leave a review! ^_^


*Grabs her folder and hides under her covers* so that's all for now!


Chapter Thirteen: Return


Until next time, Krystal.
Converting /tmp/php24gyKq to /dev/stdout