InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bad Day ❯ Chapter 6

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
 
Disclaimer:I don't own Inu Yasha,Fuel,or their lyrics Someone shoot me now*sobs*
 
Authors Notes: First off,I have nothing against punks. I have a mohawk for crissakes! I got a rather…bitter email about it. But yeah. I have nothing against punks. I just used the term loosely.
And before anyone asks,yes I earned my hawk.
 
 
Bad Day Chapter 6
She left a note
 
 
Kagome stared at the group of punks in front of her. What was she going to do? She didn't have Inu Yasha or Sango or Miroku or even her bow and arrows to protect her from these guys! Why had Sesshoumaru turned away right as she got out of the gate? Damn it!
“So girlie, you wanna come someplace quiet with us?” The familiar punk asked. Kagome took in his piercings and bleached hair and tattoos. She noticed a particular tattoo. A red spider interlaced with kanji. He was in the Ichimi No Supaida!
“Please leave me alone, I'm not interested in spending any time with you,” Kagome said with an icy politeness. She tried to walk away from the group, but a short fat punk in plaid pants and chains stepped in front of her, blocking her way. She tried another route and was cut off by another cohort of the bleach blonde punk.
“Come on princess, you know you want to slum it, if just for a night,” The punk told her in a lewd manner. Kagome was frightened beyond belief, but she wouldn't let them know that. She couldn't let them know that, or else they'd close in on her like hyenas on a carcass.
“No I don't. I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in you. I have to go home to my son, and I'm in a hurry,” Kagome told them all, thinking if they thought she had a son they'd leave her alone,and it wasn't far from the truth. She had to get back to the feudal era where Shippou was, and the kitsune was her son.
“A son?” The punk said stupidly. “How old are you?”
“I'm twenty and I'm married. Now please, let me pass,” Kagome told him.
“Not so fast. I don't believe it. You're lying. You want to know what happens to girls who lie to me?” The head punk asked. Kagome almost shivered, but kept herself from doing so.
And she did the first thing that came to mind.
“SESSHOUMARU!” She screamed in a piercing voice. And within three seconds flat Kagome was pinned to a wall behind Sesshoumaru.
She hadn't wanted to do this. He was still emotionally perturbed, and the he needed to take his anger out in a savage brutal way, but she didn't want him doing it to humans.
“Kagome, go to the house and wait with Lin. Send Shippou,” Sesshoumaru told her. Kagome gulped and nodded.
She had done the only thing she could, and she had to be content with that. She couldn't blame herself for protecting herself in any way she could.
And she ran. She ran as fast as she possibly could up the pathway and up the stairs into the house. Shippou was at the door. Kagome told him to go to Sesshoumaru and the kitsune was gone in a flash.
Lin took one look at Kagome and took her into a friendly embrace, comforting the young girl who now stood shaking.
“I've condemned them to death,” Kagome sobbed.
“They were going to violate you Kagome. You had no choice,” The demon replied.
 
“Ah, the pathetic Gang of Spiders,” Sesshoumaru said with utter disgust. “You have been terrorizing women for years now you pathetic hanyou. What, can't find bigger quarry?” Sesshoumaru asked.
“And who the fuck are you?” One of the hanyou punks asked.
“He's the Lord of the Western Lands,” Shippou said quietly. “These lands. For all intents and purposes, you owe being here to him.”
“And what the fuck are you?” Another asked.
Shippou had dropped the glamour and his lean face bore two emerald green stripes down each side. His fangs were prominent and his emerald eyes flashed anger.
The hanyou had threatened to violate his mother, the one woman who had done everything she could for him. They would pay. Dearly.
“I'm her son,” Shippou growled.
The group of hanyou didn't realize just what was going on until Sesshoumaru's glamour dropped and they saw the facial markings.
“Fuck,” The leader said.
“Not anymore you won't,” Sesshoumaru growled.
And he and Shippou began to growl and get closer to the offenders.
 
 
By the time they got back, Kagome was fast asleep on Sesshoumaru's futon. Granted she had no clue it was his. Sesshoumaru stepped into the very western bathroom and wash the blood off of his claws.
It had been a long, slow torture. It was almost dawn. Sesshoumaru had known Shippou was protective of Kagome. The miko was his mother. He was going to be since she was weaker than he was.
He dried his hands, thankful the scent of hanyou blood was gone. This killing had brought him no satisfaction. It had only calmed the beast within, keeping it from surfacing again as it had today.
Quietly he went to his futon and checked on Kagome. She didn't seem to be suffering nightmares or anything from her experience tonight.
Effortlessly, he walked quietly to his window and slid it open. He watched the sky being to turn a pinkish red as the sun began to rise. Purple and blue hues soon joined the pinks.
Sesshoumaru sensed her waking before he felt her hand lightly rest on his shoulder.
“I'm going back today,” Kagome told him.
“I know,” He replied evenly.
“Sesshoumaru, I read parts of the book. Is there anything in there about how to defeat Naraku?” Kagome asked simply.
“No. But there is information in there that may help you save my brother.”
“What?” Kagome gasped.
“Kagome,I can't say any more. But please, I have regretted not having Inu Yasha with me through the centuries. You must keep him from making the wrong decision, no matter the personal cost,” He told her. Kagome nodded and gulped slightly.
“Lin is making breakfast. I smell,” Sesshoumaru paused then smiled. “Oden.”
“Oden! I love oden!” Kagome gasped.
“I know.”
For a flashing moment Kagome wondered how he knew, then shrugged it off and followed him through the house to the dining room.
 
 
It was almost noon, and Kagome looked at everyone in turn. It was time to go back. She still wondered what had happened to the punks, but didn't ask. She honestly didn't want to know.
She hugged Lin, Shippou, and his kits in turn. When she finally straightened from hugging Miroku, she looked at Sesshoumaru and saw his sad smile.
“I'm going to miss you,” Kagome told him. Sesshoumaru smiled sadly.
“You will have me in the past Kagome.”
“But that will be the cold you that doesn't even like me. You never did tell me why exactly you listened to me that first night and then the second,” Kagome murmured.
“When my past self tells you, then you will know. Now go Kagome. I will see you when you come back,” He said, embracing her. Kagome was too surprised to respond. His embrace was tight and anxious. He quickly let her go and stepped back. Kagome nodded and began to walk away from the shrine. Slowly at first, then faster and faster.
Finally she was past the gates, running and confused as hell.
She ran all the way to the bus stop and sat down, huffing slightly.
Sesshoumaru had changed so much. And between seeing him in the past one day and then the next seeing him in the future,each different, she was beginning to feel like Sesshoumaru was bipolar!
And the thing was, the Sesshoumaru of this time seemed to genuinely care about her, which was weird. He hadn't explained his what his rage had been about at all. It made no sense to Kagome.
What made less sense was him asking her to save Inu Yasha. `What did he mean, at any personal cost? What's going to happen?' Kagome thought to herself as she boarded the bus.
She thought over the facts, only making herself more and more confused in the process. In the end she decided she'd simply read the book.
She arrived at her stop and ran as quickly as she could into her home. Scribbling a quick note on a piece of paper, she left it on the fridge and packed her bag quickly. She ran out of the house, locking the doors behind her.
As she rushed into the well house and jumped down the well, she didn't even remember that she had forgotten to pack the book.