InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bet the House ❯ Bet the House ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


'Pssssssssssssst'

'Pssssssssssssst' irritated at the sound our favorite hanyou looked around for the source of the whisper 'Hey you, over here.'

Inuyasha's gaze caught a waving appendage just above the lip of the well to Kagome's time. 'What the fuc... ' He growled.

'Shhhhh... man.'

Inuyasha watched a bald head peek above the well lip and glanced over at the miko and the rest of the crew heading to Kaede's hut. A finger touched the interloper's lips and then unfolded into a hand imperiously beckoning as a rather tall and strangely dressed man crawled out of the well and dropped to the forest floor.

Growling an irritated hanyou moved closer, fingers grabbing and crushing the male‘s shirt.  

'Never mind that,' The man pulled ineffectively at the hanyou’s clawed grip and reached into his shirt, 'we need to talk'

The hanyou's ear's twitched a fang gleaning in the moonlight as he pulled the male‘s face close to his, 'that so...'

'Yea,” he swallowed, “look, I thought you oughta know - Kagome's been'a gettin around.'

Inuyasha blinked, his grip loosening.  Ever the opportunist the male stepped back and pulled a fist full of papers from his shirt,  'Yea, I've been reading the stuff at Mediaminer and it seems that several other guys have been trying to nose in on your gal.' as he began flipping through them.

'Media... what?' Inuyasha reached for the bundle, his claws ripping away a handful.

His eyes grew round as he read "... he stroked her stomach his claws drawing lightly, dipping lower as her moans teased his ear. Koga felt his body tighten...'Kagome,' he growled..."
Inuyasha tossed away the strip of paper his gaze jerking over the next page,"'We have to keep it secret Kagome, I wouldn't want to hurt Sango or Inuyasha.' the monk panted as Kagome leaned closer her breasts filling the palms of his hands... "

The man busily picked up hanyou discarded slips of ripped paper glancing up at the raw growl rumbling from the Inuyasha's throat,

'Hey, it ain't me, man. It. Ain't. Me. If you can believe your eyes there's even one here with Kagome going down on Nar...'

'Silence!' Inuyasha roared shoving the pages back at the man. 'Kagome wouldn't... '

The man straightened, rolling the bits of paper into a bundle and shoving them into his shirt. 'Hey man you know that, and I know that, but the folks at Mediaminer they have to get their ideas from somewhere.'

Our favorite hanyou's fingers played with the hilt of his sword his head lowered, bangs hiding his eyes, 'Whadda you want?'

'Me? I don't want nuthin' The man pulled a rolled ball cap from his back pocket and shoved it on his head brim backwards 'But you man you've gotta get your shit together or you're gonna lose your boo.'

'My what?'

'Your boo man, your piece, your squeeze, your girly,' noting the confused expression on the hanyou's face 'Your Kagome?'

'She's not my Kagome.'

'No?'

'Kikyo...'

'Oh right the night of the living dead babe...' the man nodded studying his patchwork timberlands '...the one you promised to go to hell with.' he leaned over rubbing an imaginary bit of dirt from the tip of his boots.

'Kikyo came after me, gave her life for me...' Inuyasha snarled his knuckles whitening as he grabbed the hilt of Tessaiga.

'True. True. That's a natural fact.' the man mused then look up into the hanyou's eyes, 'But then so did Kagome.' He straightened.

Startled, Inuyasha stilled.

Shoving his hands in his front pockets the man continued, '... the arrow, the robe of the moon maiden, you wrapped in vines, ring any bells?'

How could he have forgotten, inwardly he winced, 'Yea, but I have a history with Kikyo. I was going to use the ...'

'... use the jewel to become human so you and Kikyo could be together, yup I know. Why?'

Inuyasha's eyes narrowed in irritation, 'Why? Whadda you mean, Why? To be with the woman, Baka!'

'Okayyyyyyy... 'the irritating man shrugged '... but why'd she ask you to do that if she loved you?'

Inuyasha's silence was his only response.

'Or maybe she loved the idea of what you would have been.  Human.'

Inuyasha grimaced as if trying to swallow something foul.

'Hey man ain't a big thing, we're here caus'a Kagome. I'm telling you man, If you care about the little lady you need to get it together, there's a whole lotta guys out there who'd love a lick of that sweetness.'

The man turned back to the well and straddled the ledge, 'Course since you got Kikyo, and you're gonna go to hell with her; you ain't got any worries 'bout Kagome.' He studied the silent hanyou, 'To bad, cause that little lady likes you alive and jez as you are. That trip to hell you're gonna take, it's going to fair break her heart.'

The man held up his hands at Inuyasha's glare, 'Alright, alright I've said my piece who knows maybe Sesshoumaru will suck on that sweetness and mend her heart.' Inuyasha stiffen, an angry growl rumbling deeply as he reached for the strange man only to miss as he disappeared into the darkness of the well.

Inuyasha stood for a long time staring down into the well listening to the grating of crickets and the scurrying sounds of prey escaping predator. His hands clenched into fists, his mind made up as he turned to Kaede's hut.

Sure Kikyo gave her life, sure he had a past with Kikyo, but that was his past. This was his today, and tomorrow and no one was gonna suck any damn sweetness unless it was him, he didn't care what the Baka Media - freaking' - miner said.

He looked up at the tiny woman walking toward him, concern and sweetness coloring her expression, 'Inuyasha?'

He grabbed her, and pulled her to him crushing her in his arms as his lips took hers. His heavy heart growing lighter as her hands slid up his arms to close around his shoulders, accepting. This was who he was. She was who she was - he pulled away from the woman and looked down into heat glazed eyes, and swollen red lips then pulled her deeper into his arms and a soul stealing kiss - to hell with anyone else.

- Fade to black - Hey a little privacy here! -

'So how'd it go?' a little weasel of a man rubbed his hands together and studied the man emerging from the Bone Eater's well.

'I think he heard what I had to say,' the man hopped out of the well and brushed down his jeans.

The little man bopped from one foot to the other anxiously, 'But will it make a difference? The boss wants to know before he puts the money down. It's Kagome and Inuyasha 50 to 1'

A huge grin broke out on the man's face, as he clapped the little weasel on the back. 'I'd say we bet the house, my brotha. Bet the freaking house! '



Converting /tmp/phpCfYYpc to /dev/stdout