InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bits & Pieces ❯ Late Night Snack ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Late Night Snack
Author: Spaceghst407
Theme: Grain
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Rating: T
Warnings: None
Universe: AU
Word Count: 300
Summary: Kagome is experiencing late night cravings.

It was late, sometime in the early hours of morning. Kagome was in the kitchen yet again. The house was quiet, only the sound of boiling water breaking the silence. Kagome sighed as she poured noodles into the pot, gently stirring with a fork.


She idly rubbed a hand across her swollen belly, wondering about her cravings. If it was made of grain, this kid wanted it. Rice, pasta, bread – you name it.


'I suppose I should count myself lucky,' she mused. 'Poor Sango, that kid of hers comes up with some strange combinations. Pickles and ice cream, seriously?'


She chuckled softly as she removed the boiling pot from heat, draining the water into the sink. She quickly added some butter and garlic. Satisfied, Kagome waddled over to the table with her prize.


She had barely slurped her first noodle when she was left blinking as the overhead lights were flicked on. Kagome smiled sheepishly at her husband in the doorway, a mild expression on his face as if he was unsurprised to find her here.


“I'm sorry Sess, I couldn't sleep and junior here thought it was the perfect time for pasta” she explained, pointing an accusatory finger at her belly.


“Kagome, you really should get some rest,” Sesshoumaru replied, approaching her and laying a warm hand on her abdomen.


Kagome was about to reply with a witty remark when a sudden pain and a warm trickle of moisture down her thighs stole her breath away. Sesshoumaru's eyebrows shot up.


“Already defying your father?” Kagome murmured. Looking to her husband, she would have laughed if another contraction wasn't coming on. Never before had Kagome seen a look of such utter panic on his face.


“Doesn't look like either of us is getting sleep tonight.”


A/N: My second entry into Dokuga's Weekly Perfection contest. Our prompt was 'grain.' I took 3rd place! Thanks to anyone that voted! Hope you enjoyed it ^_^


Converting /tmp/phpr24qe0 to /dev/stdout