InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bits & Pieces ❯ Instinct ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Instinct
Author: Spaceghst407
Theme: Over
Genre: General, Romance
Rating: K
Word Count: 200
Warning: None
Summary: CU. A sudden attack forces Sesshoumaru to face what he's tried to ignore.

The attack had taken them all off guard, but no one was more surprised than Kagome when a golem faced her. Eyes widened when it grabbed her by the waist, hurling her up and over her friend's heads.

The now airborne miko shrieked, knowing her landing would be severe. Closing her eyes she braced for impact only to have strong arms pluck her from the air.

She sighed in relief. "Thanks Inuyasha."

"Hnn. You dare insult me miko?"

Kagome's eyes snapped open, meeting narrowed amber orbs. Flustered by his closeness, Kagome sputtered. "Sesshoumaru! You caught me!"

The daiyoukai arched a brow, wondering if the attack had addled her brain. "Indeed."

Noticing pursuers, Sesshoumaru instructed her to hold on. She immediately wrapped her arms around his neck, while he studiously ignored how much her proximity affected him. It had been as natural as breathing for him to catch her when she fell. He hadn't even realized he moved till she was tucked securely in his grasp.

One thing he was sure of: any harm to her was unacceptable. He abruptly turned to face their attackers, simultaneously placing her behind him and drawing his sword.

Let them come.

A/N: I just noticed I posted this over on my FF.net account, but completely forgot to post it here! Sorry about that, here it is! Dokuga Weekly Perfection Contest entry. Prompt - Over
Converting /tmp/phpBvANfF to /dev/stdout