InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bits & Pieces ❯ Reflection ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Reflection
Author: Spaceghst407
Theme: Core
Genre: Introspection, Romance
Rating: G
Word Count: 400
Summary: CU. Sesshoumaru examines his feelings for a certain little miko.


What was this feeling?

Never before had he felt so light, so airy, so open. There was a warmth rushing through his veins, a sense of contentedness that was unfamiliar. It was a strange feeling wanting to hold someone, to shield them from all harm. For the life of him, he could not remember why he had shunned these emotions, and that shocked him to the core.

No doubt all these new sensations were caused by the petite woman boldly staring up at him with an awe-struck expression. It was laughable, really. He was Sesshoumaru. He did not need companionship, he did not need anything, and he certainly did not need her.

When she had first come to be with him, he found her foolish and naive. She flitted about constantly and always seemed to find herself in such impossible situations. But after a time, he grudgingly admitted that she was honorable, and that she possessed a quiet strength. Somehow, she had slipped past his defenses, slowly changing him, one piece at a time. She was a part of him now, ingrained into every fiber of his being. Was this what Father had meant? Something to protect?

For the first time since before he could remember, Sesshoumaru felt the corner of his lips turn up in a smile. Her soft gasp pleased him and the quick thundering of her heart appealed to his beast. Not able to deny the pull, Sesshoumaru quickly closed the gap between them with his long stride. Her eyes widened as his hand came up to cup the side of her face. A sigh slipped past his lips as the press of her flesh ignited a fire within, his fingertips tingling from the touch. Who was this woman to hold such control over him? What was it about her that made him soft?

Timidly, Kagome leaned into his chest, her hands fisted in the silk of his haori. He shuddered when she breathed his name, her warm breath tickling against his skin. She made him feel stronger, more alive. He finally had something to fight for, rather than just for the sake of conquest. Did he really need an explanation for these feelings? For how she came to mean so much to him? As his arms instinctively came up to hold her, he decided it did not matter. She was his, as he was now hers.

A/N: Originally written for Dokuga's Weekly Perfection contest. Prompt - core
Converting /tmp/phpzpCJUe to /dev/stdout