InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ By The River of Shadowed Moments ❯ Hate me with your body ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

AN: Thank you to my new beta, Dragoninu, for helping me revise this chapter.
 
"Lick my legs I'm on fire
Lick my legs of desire
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Oh you're not rid of me
Yeah you're not rid of me
I'll make you lick my injuries
I'm gonna twist your head off, see"
~ "Rid of Me" by PJ Harvey
By The River of Shadowed Moments
Chapter Three: Hate Me With Your Body
Kagome had never felt more alone in her life as she did now. She had to drag Inuyasha's semi-conscious body back to the camp, Miroku and Sango rushing to help them, and Kagome didn't even care about her state of undress. She had used most of her uniform to treat Inuyasha's wounds.
Although she would have preferred to not have Sango and Miroku know about the deal with Sesshoumaru, she had to tell them everything given Inuyasha's dire wounds. With her emotions in a state of manic unrest, she poured out the whole story at once, trying to dispel some of her agony with the truth that she retched from her tongue.
No doubt Sango and Miroku were shocked, and even Shippo did not seem to completely understand the information she provided. She felt filthier and even more impure as their eyes watched her closely as almost every detail of the deal and the fight was thrust upon their unknowing ears. Miroku had covered Shippo's ears when Kagome had inadvertently explained her relationship with Sesshoumaru.
And, while she finished telling them her story, Kaede went to work on Inuyasha's wounds. His hearing had not been wounded; however, and he had heard everything Kagome had described.
Shippo was partially wary of her now, staying mostly with Sango and refrained from getting close to Kagome. Sango was less sympathetic, and the demon slayer shot Kagome looks full of pity and disappointment. Miroku, who could understand her situation more than anyone, did little but talk to her civilly, and stayed away from everyone to ponder some conflicting thoughts he had about the whole situation.
Kaede said nothing to her as well. The old woman didn't even make eye contact with her. What was worse, Kagome had entered the hut to check on Inuyasha, and when he realized it was her, he turned his head away in mild anger. She could tell by the way the muscles in his face contorted, his fangs showing under his lips, that he was ashamed of her.
His judgment of her sin hurt the most.
And yet there was nothing she could do. They were grounded from their mission to find Naraku until Inuyasha's injuries could heal.
Until then, Kagome wandered listlessly in the forest by herself. She made herself feel the pain that she deserved. With her friends' abandonment and judgment of her, she felt it was small compared to the price she should be paying.
She had betrayed her friends. She had betrayed her own body. She had betrayed the man she loved the most. For someone with a heart so pure, these realities only soiled it. She walked around the forest almost a ghost, feeling that now Kikyou's presence was more pure than her own.
Despite all this, she stayed and did not run home, cowering from her mistakes. She stayed in the village for Inuyasha's sake, she convinced herself. She only hoped that when he recovered from his injuries that he would lash out at her, maybe even hit her for what she had done because this silent shame was killing her.
And yet, her soul did not wither fully. She would let her mind roam to thoughts of Sesshoumaru. Her heart ached for him as well, and she remembered the pang of agony that she had felt when he rejected her.
"I heard what you said, Kagome," he snarled at her with mild languid inflections. Among the coarseness and fury of his voice, she heard a quiet sorrow. Kagome's eyes began to widen. "If it meant nothing to you, then it means nothing to me as well."
His snarl had impaled her like a jagged sword, but when it was all said and done, it was her understanding of his sorrow that poisoned her even more.
'He had felt something too,' Kagome thought, as her body remembered their last time together, looking at each other, reveling in the way their names curled off the tips of their tongues. She had longed for him, and although she still appeared a mere girl, being with Sesshoumaru had prompted her life as a woman.
'If I had no ties to Inuyasha,' she mused to herself. 'Then no one would frown so much upon it.' She slumped down against a tree near the well, and she bent her knees and buried her head into them. She felt her tears splatter against her own shivering skin.
'Would it be different?' she asked. Would her friends think so differently of her if she had been alone, without ties to anyone? How could they possibly understand her? Despite the fact that she did indeed have spiritual powers, she was not from this time. They couldn't possibly understand how alone she felt in this era away from her true time.
And although Inuyasha had made her feel more at home, he still wasn't completely hers. He had ties to Kikyou that she couldn't ever compete with. Sango and Miroku were her friends, but they had each other. Shippo was just a kid.
When she deduced everything, there was not one person in this time that she could truly call her own, that she could have by herself and share with no one else.
"People who are alone usually don't have anyone to call their own," she said aloud, and then she whimpered into her knees again as she realized that her voice was probably too impure for this beautiful night, and she was ashamed further for disturbing it.
Suddenly, she didn't care about going back to the hut for dinner. Her eyes grew heavy with exhaustion and grief. Her body harbored no more energy for her eyes to remain open. She started to feel peaceful, the cold night air blanketing her tainted body. In her last thought before slumber, she wondered if it would get cold enough to freeze her to death, thus ending all her torment.
When everyone was asleep, Inuyasha silently struggled to get up. The wound in his stomach was healing slowly, but he was now able to walk at least. He watched carefully, trying not to disturb anyone, floating quietly out of the hut and into the night. He limped along clutching his torso as he made his way to the well. Her scent had not been there with the others, and no matter how angry he was with her, he didn't want her to feel the need to run away from them, either home or back into the arms of his brother.
He had heard her story, and the more she tried to defend her wrongs, the sillier he thought she was.
He growled. 'How can that girl be so stupid to give herself to Sesshoumaru for my sake?' He understood that ultimately she did it to protect him and his sword, and he had wondered slightly why Sesshoumaru had left him and his sword alone recently. Now that he knew, he rather wished that Sesshoumaru would have continued to come after him.
He winced in pain as he felt his muscles tense in frustration. 'How could she? How could she do this to me?' He was starting to think that she only made the deal because she had lost confidence in him, lost any kind of hope that he was strong enough to protect her.
And to give herself to him physically, did she not love him enough to refuse?
He scoffed at his own thought. 'Love...does she love me?' His inner voice resonated with his sorrow. Then he suddenly wondered if he had been clearer about his love for her and abstained from his meetings with Kikyou, if things would have turned out the same.
He started to feel stupid, fearing that his own idiocy and countless betrayals drove her into the arms of another. He huffed again. 'She could have run to anyone. Kouga, that boy from her time, even Miroku, but I never expected her to go for ...' He inhaled a lump of air. `…my brother...' Sadness and anger possessed him once again. As he made his way to the well, he dropped to his knees in relief.
There she was, sleeping against the tree and still in his time. He was afraid of what would happen if he journeyed through the well with his injuries, but he didn't need to. He couldn't get up anymore because his energy had been exhausted. He crawled his way to her on his knees, and nudged her legs with his head when he reached her.
"Kagome," he whispered. She whimpered.
"Not now Mom...just five more minutes..." she said sleepily, her body fighting to stay asleep.
He wore a grin of relief as she called out to her mom in her sleep and not to his brother.
"Kagome...wake up," he whispered again. He saw her head raise slowly, her eyelashes fluttering over her glazed eyes.
"Inuyasha ...?" she asked, her ears recognizing the voice that roused her. When she looked over and confirmed that it was in fact him, she sat up straight and gave him a worried and agonized look. She backed away slightly, her eyes ebbing with tears. She covered her mouth with her hands to muffle the involuntary sobs that surfaced.
"Kagome, we need to talk," he said, his solemn expression never leaving hers. His voice rang with seriousness. Kagome closed her eyes relishing in the beauty of it. She nodded her head.
"Ask of me what you want, Inuyasha," she choked out. He watched as her hands shook over her mouth.
He growled. Her pitiful state raked over his nerves. In a flash of unknown reserved strength, he grabbed her hands from her face and gave her a piercing stare. Their eyes locked knowing that with this moment everything about them, their relationship, their feelings, would change.
Kagome looked away from him, fearing the worst. She felt it was only inevitable that he would once and for all send her away, never again to renew their bond. She could feel the strings of their loyalty fray slowly.
"Look at me!" he snarled. He pulled her closer to him, and she dutifully complied to the angry command.
"I know what you did. I heard everything you said to him and everything you said to the others when you brought me back," he said suddenly. Still, silence overwhelmed them. He sighed heavily.
"I just want to know one thing, Kagome," he asked. Her spine tingled with nervousness.
'Only one thing?' She feared the next words to come from his mouth.
"Why?" he asked softly, his voice devoid of any anger. With clear eyes ebbing with compassion, he looked at her with tenderness and confusion. Despite all his anger, Kagome could see that Inuyasha really just wanted to understand her reasoning. "Why did you do it? Why didn't you think that I was strong enough to defeat him if he came after me? That I couldn't protect you?" He grabbed her shoulders sternly. She flopped lifelessly in his arms, feeling the sting of his depression. "Why did you do that, you idiot! I promised you I'd always protect you so why'd you have to go and make a deal like that? Have you no respect for yourself?"
His words pricked at her like thorns. He leaned into her chest, and he wrapped his arms around her, soaking up her body heat. Kagome embraced him back, and she ran her fingers through his hair, her countless tears dampening the strands under her face.
"I'm so sorry, Inuyasha," she sobbed, feeling all the pain of the past few days, of the shame and rejection of her friends, flowing through her. "I had no choice. He came to me, and I thought he'd kill me if I refused. When he offered the deal, I thought I would stop being useless to you, that I could do something for a change to protect you! I didn't care what it was! I wanted to do it for us! To protect us! I never thought he'd keep me..." her voice trailed off and she knew Inuyasha was listening closely. "I never thought he'd continue. I thought, since I was a human, he'd get bored with me and throw me aside. But..." she could feel Inuyasha shaking with fury and anguish in her arms. "... he never let me go...and I ...never let him go..."
Inuyasha pushed her out of his arms, and he glared at her with anger. "That's enough!" He growled audibly at her. "Do you expect me to believe that Sesshoumaru cares about you...a human?"
Kagome gave him a blank expression. She shot him an opposing remark, "After all I have done, and after all the betrayal and rejection by my friends, do you think I would LIE?"
He fisted his hands on the ground and turned his gaze away from her. Her face was mottled with her tears and snot.
Finally, he broke the silence and said with defeat, "I think...but I don't want to believe it...that Sesshoumaru cares about you."
Kagome gave him a weak chuckle of sarcasm. "You must be joking. I'm only a plaything to him." She had injured herself with that comment, but she didn't care. She was in so much pain that she felt she rightly deserved every lash and beating she could get, even if it came from her own words. She waited for Inuyasha's hand to strike.
But it never came.
"No." He shook his head and began to speak rationally. "He would not have kept you alive or me for that matter, the last time if he didn't ...." he paused, feeling his own tongue tainted with his impending words. "...care about you in some particular way."
Kagome gave him a look of tenacity. "You're wrong. He wants nothing to do with me! Did you not hear it yourself? He HATES me now, as much as I HATE him for almost killing you and revealing the plan the way he did."
Inuyasha narrowed his eyes at her. "Oh...so you would have preferred that you were never found out!" He got up ignoring the pain from his wounds to stand over her. "How long would you have gone sneaking off with him before you told me? Huh? Tell me the truth Kagome!"
She bent her head low, drowning in his shadow. She wanted so desperately to lie to him, to ease the pain, but she could not. Enough damage had been done already.
"I wasn't planning on ever telling you," she whispered. She flinched, wholly expecting his elbow to impale her skull out of pure rage.
But it did not.
He only turned around and clawed the tree in frustration.
She looked up and begged with him. "Inuyasha, I'm sorry, but I didn't intend for it to come this far. It wasn't supposed to mean anything! I didn't expect for it to last beyond defeating Naraku! I had hoped that you would never know, and in the end, I was just supposed to go home with my shame of betraying you and happiness that I was privileged to meet you. You would go with Kikyou, and I would go home. No one was ever to know!" She had begun to sob again after just calming down, and the muscles in her throat complained at her convulsions.
Their voices were muted again, and the only sounds that could be heard were Kagome's sniffling and Inuyasha's erratic breathing.
Finally he said, breaking the silence, "You thought I'd go off with Kikyou?"
Kagome nodded. "It was meant to be, right? I was just second best. Inuyasha you know I could never live with that."
"So you were just going to leave me?" He snarled. "Kikyou is dead, you fool! Once I repaid my debt to her I was going to ..." He paused and looked up into her hopeful eyes. "I was going to be with you."
Simultaneously her world shattered and was reborn only to readily implode again. Now she knew for sure that she screwed up. She whispered with all loss of hope, "I...I didn't know. I always thought..."
"Idiot!" He rushed over to her again, embracing her and preventing her weak collapse into the grass. She felt her body wither and her bones shatter as she finally realized his true intentions. Now, with her sins sewn on her chest, all the purity of that dream shook with ragged instability.
She melded to the softness of his arms. She sobbed uncontrollably, feeling the weight of her own melancholy as her own voice rabidly echoed in her mind. 'I don't deserve him! I don't deserve him!'
For many moments in the cold night, they remained like this, sharing each other's pain without words, only expressing sorrow through their embrace and the way air left their lungs.
Finally, Inuyasha said, "This whole thing, let's just put it behind us, shall we?" She nodded, her hope becoming kinetic by the sanity in his words. "It's going to take time, but as long as the deal is off, we can get through this."
She sniffled. "But for how long? And what of the others?" she asked, still not sure of his devotion of her. Like he said, it would take time to renew trust in her.
He released his hold on her. He did not smile, but his eyes were tender amid the solemnity of his face. "I haven't forgiven you yet, and I'm sorry, but I can't just give it out freely when I don't feel it." She nodded, feeling her tears and sadness returning to her. She knew it was too good to be true that he would so quickly forgive and forget. Pain still lingered in his voice. "As for the others, I can't speak for them. You'll have to do this all on your own."
And she would.
She wiped her tears away and stood up. He looked at her with wonder. She seemed to acquire more confidence than he had expected.
"Well, then, I'm going home for awhile," she said. His face fell, but he nodded anyway. He understood that she needed some comfort, and with the way everyone regarded her, she wouldn't be able to get that here for a long while. She had a home and parents to go to.
Kagome's mind flashed with the image of her mother holding her and her brother hugging her. She smiled in anticipation of the therapeutic nature of being with her own family. Her mother's smiles would dull the pain of her own sins. Mother's smiles always had that sort of magic.
She walked toward the well. She turned around for a moment, and realized that Inuyasha had gone. Her heart fell only slightly that he did not stay to see her off.
Yet, it was her reality. 'It's going to take time.'
She readied herself on the lip of the well, preparing to cross the barrier between worlds when she heard the scream of a child. She looked in the direction of the West, and her senses soared.
Someone needed help.
She ran in that direction as fast as her legs could take her, and she abandoned all her sorrow and anguish for the will to help someone else. Maybe she would bravely defend this victim, and even die saving someone else. She wouldn't be looked upon as so tainted anymore. Perhaps her anguish and shame would be redeemed in the eyes of those she held dear.
And when she was helping people, she was in character. Everything was forgotten in the task of aiding a person in need.
The screams grew in urgency as she descended upon them. They were achingly familiar, her eyes widening when she matched the terrified sounds with a face as she entered the clearing.
'Rin...'
A large bear demon was looming towards the girl, and her small toad guardian was beaten to a pulp and unconscious off to the side, most likely trying to defend her.
Kagome frantically searched around, seeking Rin's main guardian who was nowhere in sight. As the bear's paw was lashing out toward Rin, Kagome knew she had to think fast. She spotted a long, thin fallen branch lying on the ground next to her feet. She picked it up, wishing that it was an arrow and she had a bow.
But she could not wish for things she had no time to wish for.
Rin cried piteously as the bear's claw slashed at her arm. She had moved just quick enough to avoid a fatal blow from the bear. Kagome abandoned all her doubts and fears, and feeling the burden of life in general, she lunged at the bear, her psyche in full fury that the bear would dare harm one so pure as Rin.
As she held the long stick like a spear, it glowed with her pink energy, breathing an autonomous will into the spear as it lunged straight for its heart. Kagome screeched in agony and rage. As her energy collided with the aura of the demon bear, it exploded in a cascade of dust throughout the clearing. Rin shielded her eyes, and Kagome sank to her knees in relief.
Rin started to run over to her savior, but stopped in her tracks as she noticed someone approaching behind Kagome.
"Sesshoumaru-sama! Kagome-san saved me!" the young girl bubbled. Rin then continued towards Kagome, giving her a quick squeeze before skipping over to her lord. Jaken was beginning to stir awake. He wobbled as he got to his feet and teetered closer to Sesshoumaru, making his endless apologies for failing the girl.
Sesshoumaru said nothing in response to Jaken's failure. He looked down at Kagome, who stared at the ground in fear and exhaustion. "Jaken, take Rin back to the campsite," he ordered.
Jaken obeyed and led the energetic girl back to through the forest away from Kagome and Sesshoumaru's position.
Sesshoumaru was beginning to get bored with Kagome's silence, and he was planning to leave her there without saying a word. He didn't have anything to say to her himself since he had not resolved his feelings for her. Actually, he had been willfully avoiding any contemplation on her whatsoever, and he had not intended to see her so soon. Questions and emotions began to surface within him again upon seeing her now, and he was numb to pursue them, masking his emotions the best he could.
He was taken aback when she started to laugh. The laughter was weak, ebbing on mockery.
"Ha...how ironic. Of all people I run into..." she continued to chuckle. Then her laughter transformed into a strange murmur of weeping. Weakly, she stood up, still maintaining her gaze to the ground. "Well, I'll leave you be. I just wanted to help Rin. Don't mind me..."
She started to walk away, and he was ready to let her walk away. However, some strange emotion inside him became strong and usurped the power of his rationale. He grabbed her roughly, and she fell into him with not so much of a struggle. He rested her weight against his chest and within his arms. He studied her face, longing for her eyes and pink lips in the time they had been apart.
Through moistened eyes she pleaded with him weakly. Her lip quivered. He could smell fear and pain in her natural scent. "Please, let me go....Just let...let it all go."
He furrowed his brows at her. He didn't remember her being this weak. He shook her lightly. She wobbled in his arms as if she had no bones in her frame. "What is wrong with you?"
She laughed again, her sanity slipping further and further into nothingness. "They all hate me, you know." He watched her look in the direction of his brother's village. "It's because of you they hate me. You and me..." She started to hum in a sing-song voice. "You and me, we're a couple of loners, aren't we?"
He didn't answer. She rambled on.
"Where do you think the world would be if we did not exist? Hrmm?" He stayed silent. She seemed intent on answering that herself. "It would be right here, as it is. We have no love that binds us to this world. People without love float without solid bearing."
"You talk foolishness. You are sick," he said finally. She nodded in agreement.
"You're right, you know. I am foolish and sick. I'm sick from it all," she said, and she almost felt Pandora's box open in sync with her words. She struggled, trying to free herself from his arms with some small amount of energy.
"I'm going home," she said with finality. "He doesn't know, hell, none of them know I'm not coming back. I'm running away like the shameful coward that I am."
She finally looked up into eyes. She said with a sweet, regretful voice. "Goodbye, Sesshoumaru. I think..." She paused as she smiled warmly. "I think I will miss you, even though you hate me."
"Kagome," he said to her soothingly, and he flinched inwardly, wondering if it was truly he who had said her name like that.
He loosened his grip on her. He was going to let her go. And on top of all that, he was never going to see her again.
Should he really care?
She turned around suddenly, teetering weakly on exhausted legs. She pointed her finger accusingly at him
He stared back at her with mild interest.
"Oh, and remember this: I hate you for what you did to me. I hate you for what you did to Inuyasha. And I hate you for ruining my dignity. I guess...no, I KNOW you love it when you defeat your enemies until they drop to their knees in shame and defeat. Well, when you think of me, just know that you did that to me."
Her eyes were flaring with truth and tears. Her lip quivered, and her whimpering dulled into a small muffle of erratic sobs. She turned around again, limping to the well.
She had just had enough.
And so had he.
He rushed over to her, knocking her onto her back, his tall shadow towering over her. She gave him a challenging look painted with a smile. His loins burned for such resistance.
"Oh, are you going to kill me? Please do," she snarled with anger rising in her voice.
She had released her sadness with Inuyasha, and Sesshoumaru was right here for her to release her anger. She had enough energy for that, and once that task was completed, she could hopefully die peacefully.
Unless Inuyasha was right, and Sesshoumaru cared enough for her not to kill her. She laughed out loud at that implausibility. Her audible chuckles stirred Sesshoumaru's rage. He grabbed her shoulders and pinned her down. She lifted her head towards him, a pleased smile gracing her lips. She waited for him to strike her.
'Please, Sesshoumaru, take all the pain away...' her soul hoped.
She closed her eyes, ready for the inevitable blow. A tear trailed down her cheek, cool in the breeze that flowed around them.
Yet, when she had expected to feel pain, she felt a tender, moist heat descend upon her suicidal smile. Her mouth slacked in shock, and he opened her lips further with his probing tongue. Her eyes shot open, and she caught a glance of Sesshoumaru close to her, tenderly kissing her. His brutal hold on her shoulders became softer, and she pulled away and started to shake with great unease.
"What the hell? Wha...What are you doing? I hate you!" she lashed at him, her body trying to squirm free of his needy grasp.
Sesshoumaru gave her piercing look. His stoic mask did not waver once. He held her with such strength, and his eyes peered into her soul, demanding submission. She became weak when she realized that portions of her body and mind desired this from him. She remembered that he was the one person who had made her into a woman.
Her pelvis warmed to the thought of this. She stuttered in confusion and overwhelming emotions. "Don't you hate me too? You're the one who said..."
He cut her off as he pressed his lips on hers again, muffling her cries of protest. Finally she subdued and pressed her lips against his as he kissed her. She then began to weakly struggle, her senses telling her not to relive her sins again when the pitiful shamed glances her friends gave her flashed in her mind.
'No...'
"Get off! Let me go! I hate you!" She struggled in his grasp, her hands balling in fists. He said nothing. He shoved her to the ground again, and she felt a wave of dizziness wash over her as her head made rough contact with the ground. She glared at him ferociously.
The more she struggled, the more he wanted her.
He let go of one of her arms to free his hand. She pounded on his face. He sliced off her clothes. She gasped, and then made a noise of violation.
"I don't want this!"
"Your body says otherwise!" he retorted, and then he let her go, but he straddled her with his weight immobilizing her. She became slack, but her eyes remained angry.
"You bastard," she huffed, her bare chest heaving with adrenaline and chaotic emotions. She watched him sordidly, yet her body bucked under him in wanton lust. She felt contemptible. She would only enjoy this dirty play if she could fully blame him.
"I won't do it, no matter what my body is telling you. My shame runs deep enough!" she spat at him.
He managed to delicately squirm free of his lower robes. He hovered over her, his hand stroking absently at her hair. And all through this, his face read no emotion. He was only doing what his body wanted him to do.
"You're ashamed that you're with me," he chuckled dangerously. "Oh, I too feel the shame as you do."
He stuck a clawed finger inside her, and she gasped at the pleasurable intrusion. Her eyes looked upward to the starry sky as he licked the skin that wrapped thinly over her clavicle. "After all, you are a mere human."
"So...you're just going to have your way with me and kill me afterward, right?" she patronized him. "I'm only a stupid human. What use could I possibly be to you further after you get what you want from me?" She moaned as he dug his finger deeper within her core, legs wriggling around his arm. He could feel her wetness blanket his hand and wrist.
Then, feeling that she was wet enough, he shifted himself closer to her. She looked away as he entered inside her. She had a scowl of disinterest on her face. Her muscles clenched sporadically as he began to shift inside her. She would will herself to not enjoy it. Maybe that way the sin wouldn't cut as deep.
He grabbed her chin and made her face him. She glared at him, and he became more intrigued when her lip rippled to reveal some of her teeth. He unexpectedly smirked.
He swiftly pulled out of her. She managed a gasp of shock as his manhood seared a burning path along her inner walls as it exited. She screamed softly as he grabbed her hair and then pulled her up with him. She stood gaining balance on her feet, and then with a strong surge of physical strength, she pushed him away from her. His grasp on her hair remained steadfast, and she was pushed along with him. Still, she felt victorious even if she only pushed him a few steps from his original stance.
He growled, a smirk remaining on his flawless face. He whipped her around, and slammed her body against a tree. She felt her skin scrape against the bark. She mewled in pain. He pushed his hand on her back, not letting her move from where she had hit the tree. He reached down with his other hand and spread her legs, lifted her hips and impaled himself within her. She screamed from the pain of the scratching bark and the rough ecstasy as he bore into her.
Her slick thighs rocked swiftly against his, and she felt his balls beat systematically against her with each one of his thrusts. She screamed, feeling the burning erotica as he rammed into her.
Despite the roughness, her body was becoming fulfilled. She wanted so badly to hate him. She snarled when he grabbed her breast from behind and squeezed it to the brink of immeasurable pain. She said in a ragged breath, "You bastard, I hate you."
He continued to smirk. And when she came he pulled from her, wiping the rivers of her so-called hate off his penis and licking up the fluids. She scowled at him, not at all amused at his delight. She rested her back against the tree and continued to glare at him. His eyes danced with amusement as she continued to convince him of her loathing. He walked over closer to her, the shadow of his perfect body encasing her in a prison. He grabbed her arm and forced her into his chest. He rested his chin on her head. She shivered in his touch, her body betraying her mind again as she slacked into his embrace. Absently, she started running her fingers through his hair.
Her thoughts wandered aimlessly. Being in his arms and feeling the touch of his hair and skin made her world with Inuyasha disappear.
Her friends' shame of her didn't matter in the slightest when Sesshoumaru held her like this. He was an addiction, and she dared not tell him of her thoughts. She would struggle as much as she could to keep her heart away from him.
"This will never happen again," she said finally, her voice solid with resolution. He continued to caress her bare skin with his claws, not allowing her to break from him. But she did, and turned her back to him. He watched her pick up what little she had left of her clothes and begin to walk away.
"If you say so," he replied, voice sounding wistful.
She did not respond, but continued to walk away from him until she was out of sight, and most likely returning to the place she called home. He remained standing there, staring at the last spot where he had seen her, as if searching for a shadow of the ghost her physical form left behind. He sniffed the air to catch the last scent of her mixed with him.
He did not believe her when she said that. He did not believe himself as he agreed.
She would be back in his arms again; he was sure of it.
 
TBC...