InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Challenge Destiny Movie Madness: July - Thriller/Horror ❯ The Stranger At the Door ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Challenge Destiny on July 1, 2012 for Movie Madness July: Thriller/Horror.

Title: The Stranger At the Door
Prompt Name/Prompt List/Ficlet # : Candyman – July - #3
Author: ananova
Rating: M to be safe
Genre: Admin's Genre- Thriller/Horror
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 700
Summary: Just who was at the door? This follows the previous entry in the collection, Alone and Afraid.
Warnings: Minor Language, Violence

---------------------------


Kagome nervously clung to Inuyasha as the door slowly opened. There was another flash of lightning, then the lights went out. A scream escaped her as another brief flash of lightning illuminated someone standing in the doorway. Beside her Inuyasha growled before demanding, “Who the hell are you?!” She tightened her grip on his arm as he shifted his body in front of her.

“Hello there,” a male voice called in the darkness. There was a click and then a beam of light from a flashlight nearly blinded her. After a moment and a snarled curse from Inuyasha, the beam was directed away from them. Blinking back the spots that had formed in her eyes, she took in the bland face of the man still standing in the doorway. “Sorry about that,” the brown-haired man said, a friendly grin on his face. Kagome shuddered slightly, there was something creepy about that smile of his.

“Who are you?” she asked. 'And why are you in my house?'

“I'm the handyman,” he replied cheerfully. “There's been a lot of power-outages in the area from the storm so I thought I'd check out this old shrine.”

Inuyasha snorted. “Funny, everything was fine until you showed up.”

The man continued to smile. “Then I guess it's a good thing I showed up. Can you show me where the breaker is?”

The smile was really creeping Kagome out. “You know what, I think we'll wait until morning. Thanks for stopping by but we don't need your help.”

The man's smile twisted into an ugly frown at that. “That's not very nice.” He suddenly smiled again. “Here, have some candy,” he said as he held something out toward her.

Inuyasha snarled and slapped his hand away. “She don't want any of your candy, and we don't need your help, so get lost!”

“That wasn't very nice.”

Kagome shuddered at the angry glare twisting the man's face, illuminated by his flashlight. “Not nice at all.” He smiled again but it was twisted and Kagome gasped at the pointy teeth that were flashed. His hand flashed forward and Inuyasha fell back with a pained grunt.

“Inuyasha!” She reached for him when the 'handyman' grabbed her arm and hauled her away.

“Have some candy!” Something was shoved into her mouth and she choked, spitting it out. “It'll make you so much sweeter!” Lightning flashed, illuminating the knife in his hand, blood dripping down the blade as he licked it clean.

“Aah!” Kagome screamed before choking as more 'candy' was shoved into her mouth.

The man laughed. “Eat up, eat up, so the candyman can eat you. Hahaha!”

She looked up to see the knife flashing toward her and tried to scramble away. Something warm and wet hit her face and she gasped at the sight of Inuyasha standing in front of her, knife sticking out of his arm.

The candyman gurgled once before dropping to the ground, his throat slashed by Inuyasha's claws.

Kagome ignored him as the hanyou stumbled. “Inuyasha! Are you alright?” She grabbed his arm, helping him sit down.

“Keh, I'll be fine,” he told her, one hand clutching the wound on his chest. He sniffed, eyes widening. “You didn't eat any of that shit, did you?”

She shook her head. “No, I managed to spit it out before I ended up swallowing it.”

Inuyasha relaxed. “Good.” No way was he going to tell her that it smelled human, what kind of sicko was this creep. Well, other than a dead one now. “Come on, I'm not leaving you here alone after what just happened.”

Kagome merely nodded in agreement, trying not to look at the body on the floor. “I'll just call the police and they can deal with this while we go through the well.” No need for her family to walk in and discover the body. That done, she allowed Inuyasha to lead her out the door, neither noticing the eyes following them out the door. Lightning flashed again a few minutes later, illuminating the empty kitchen.