InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Changing Lives ❯ Conflicts Of All Sorts ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
"Just go and see what happens. I'm sure they'll let me come with. If you want to go at any time, just tell me."

She had no strength left to argue, and at the same time, his words made sense. She mumbled something incoherent and sighed. "Fine. . ."

~*~ School, Next Morning ~*~

“Jealous?” Kagome repeatedly with something of an insane laugh. She cleared her throat. “Doesn’t she watch the news?”

“Well, yes, but that was half the point,” Hojo went on. “She said. . .”

~*~ Hojo’s Morning ~*~

It wasn’t long before they had him on painkillers and stuffed into an ambulance. The painkillers had hit hard and fast, and he hadn’t the slightest clue what he had said in that time. He came to when the doctors had nearly finished putting on his cast.

~*~ Present Time ~*~

She grinned. “Well, now that everything’s back in order. . .”

It took another moment for them to get into a full-blown argument about. . . arguing. They snapped and scoffed, pouted and glared, just like they always did. And in truth, both of them were enjoying themselves greatly.

Until Kagome sat him.

AE Forty Eight

Next day, Kagome didn’t go to school. Not because she didn’t want to; on the contrary, she missed the boring classes where she could easily get a few more winks. No, she missed school because that was when she was scheduled to have her first therapy session.

As Mama had said, she fought tooth and nail for Kagome to allow Inuyasha to come with her to the session, and in the end, whether or not Mama had won didn’t matter – Inuyasha barged right in, as though he deserved to be there, and stared down anyone who attempted to say otherwise.

In the room itself, which actually did have one of those long couches, she laid down as instructed but with one major difference: she was using Inuyasha as a pillow instead of the arm of the chair. Inuyasha had sat down first, back to the arm, and when Kagome laid down, he put his arms around her and fixed the therapist with a make-her-cry-and-you-die kind of glare.

The therapist herself was a tall and thin woman with long hair held in a bun with short bangs and small, round spectacles. She was wearing a nice, dark blue suit, had the curtains shut, and a small lamp lit on her desk. She was sitting in a big, comfy chair across from the sofa with a pen and pad of paper in her hands. Beside her on the arm, she clicked a recorder to begin before asking any questions. She began with,

“Why did you bring him with you?”

Kagome didn’t answer, merely relaxed in Inuyasha’s arms, defiant of this order. She turned her face away from the woman.

“Oh, forgive me,” the woman said. “My name is Sarah Lanes. You may call me Sarah or Ms. Lanes if you don’t like calling me ‘doctor’.”

Another few moments went by before Sarah broke into the full questionnaire, asking about the littler things of Kagome’s ordeal, always in gentle tones, always looking directly at Kagome, and Kagome never gave an answer. She ignored Sarah completely, still miffed about being here to begin with, but a bit calmer with Inuyasha holding her.

At the hour marker, Kagome began to get up, and Sarah stopped her with one dreadful statement.

“Our time is not yet up, miss.”

Kagome blinked and for the first time, she spoke. “What do you mean? I thought all these sessions were supposed to be over after an hour!”

“They normally do, yes,” Sarah agreed, standing as Kagome had. Inuyasha remained firmly seated but his glare intensified on Sarah. “However, the court order was to keep you here for two hours. I apologize if this is an –”

“I can’t believe they pulled this!” Kagome snapped. Reacting to her anger, Inuyasha stood at last and hugged her tightly to him. Near inaudibly, he’d begun growling.

Sarah shook her head. “The order was neither mine to give nor to reject. I am sorry you seem so angered by this, Kagome, but –”

“Why don’t you just shut the fuck up already?” Inuyasha snapped.

Sarah jumped at his forceful tone. “Because it is a therapist’s job to ask questions. If you two will just sit down. . .”

Kagome turned her back to Sarah, but refused to sit. Securely wrapped in Inuyasha’s arms, she no longer had a hold on her anger, which drifted away as a bead of water would leave its brothers over a waterfall. She leaned into Inuyasha in something akin to abandon, as though she were leaving her body behind to join her soul with his, somewhere far away from this room and that woman.

Sarah sighed heavily and sat back down. Striking a strong, straight-backed pose, she asked the question Kagome hated most.

“How do you feel?”

How did one answer that? What exactly was she referring to with that question? Was she asking about how Kagome felt now, how she did yesterday, or the day of her rape? Perhaps it had nothing to do with the answer, but how long it took to answer, if one answered at all. Trying for a light tone, Kagome replied, “Well, as you stated, a moment ago I was very angry.”

She didn’t know why she answered that. There didn’t seem to be a reason why she’d answer that question and no other. It was, after all, a much bigger question than the rest Sarah had asked.

“You are not angry now?” Sarah asked quietly.

Kagome shook her head.

“Can you tell me why that is?”

Kagome glanced up at Inuyasha, who was still giving Sarah a Death Glare, but spared a moment to look down at Kagome and smile faintly, as though reassuring her that everything was perfectly okay.

Still holding his gaze, she said simply, “It’s hard to stay angry when you’re in the arms of the one you love.”

Inuyasha’s eyes softened considerably. For a moment Kagome was certain he was going to kiss her, in front of the therapist; perhaps give her something to write about. But he just hugged her a little more completely and dropped his head to nuzzle her shoulder lightly.

For a moment, neither of them noticed that Sarah was even in the room.

~*~ Hospital ~*~

Not long after they left the therapist’s, Kagome decided to drop in on Hojo and see how he was holding up. Inuyasha’s accompaniment was actually a mix between her having to threaten him and his reluctance to let her go anywhere by herself, let alone to see another man.

The nurses allowed her in and she waved hello to Hojo. Inuyasha trailed behind with narrowed eyes and a high nose. He looked like a prince that was despairing over where he was and whom he came to see.

Hojo smiled brightly at the sight of Kagome. “Hey, Kagome-chan. Aren’t you supposed to be at school?”

“I was forced into visiting a therapist today,” she replied none too gently.

“Ouch,” Hojo replied, then glanced up at Inuyasha. “Inuyasha, right? Hi.”

Inuyasha stood at the door, unmoving, refusing to reply.

“Inuyasha!” Kagome hissed. “Come over here and take a seat.”

It was with great reluctance and an obvious internal battle of wills that Inuyasha crossed the room and sat beside Kagome, pouting more than despairing at this point. Kagome rolled her eyes at him before returning to Hojo.
“He’s been treating you good?” he asked, carefully.

Kagome smiled. “He’s harmless, really.”

“What?” Inuyasha snapped, anger heavy in his tone.

“Like a cuddly puppy,” Kagome told him, her eyes glittering with mischief, knowing he’d be extremely put off by that.

Inuyasha huffed and got up, going over to the window which he faced and stared out of, apparently engrossed with interest at the tree five feet away.

Hojo snickered, then cleared his throat when Inuyasha glared at him in warning. “So how was therapy?” he asked.

Kagome groaned in obvious discomfort. “It was stupid. I don’t need therapy. She made me stay there for two hours, not one.”

Hojo bit his lip. “Definitely sounds painful. And here I was the one on painkillers, when you need them way more desperately.”

Kagome laughed. “Who knew you could joke?” she teased.

He shrugged, then winced and rubbed his shoulder. “Apparently I couldn’t till I got that knock to the skull. I think it knocked the jokes loose or something.”

She laughed again. “Joking suits you, Hojo-kun.”

He blushed slightly.

Then Inuyasha was beside his bed, poking his cast. “What’s this thing?”

Hojo leaned a little away from Inuyasha. “It’s a cast.”

“What’s it do?”

Kagome shooed Inuyasha away from Hojo. “It’s made to keep his arm still while the bones heal. Like a stick and wraps.”

He nodded, then resumed poking the cast.

“You need to stop that,” Kagome told him in a warning tone.

Hojo smiled. “But if you wanna sign it. . .”

Inuyasha raised a brow.

“Like this. . .” Kagome began, picking up a marker. She signed Hojo’s cast, along with five other names – all girl’s names, she noticed.

“What’s the point of that?” Inuyasha asked incredulously.

“Keeping count,” Hojo suggested. “I don’t really know, but it’s popular.”

“And it helps the healing process,” Kagome said matter-of-factly.

“It does?” Hojo and Inuyasha asked in unison.

She nodded. “As everyone signs their names, their spirits go with it, to help you heal. With enough names and energy infused in the cast, it could heal in three days!”

Inuyasha scoffed while Hojo sighed. They both knew she was making it up, but at least the thought was nice. Heal a broken bone in three days from infused spirits of those who signed the cast? It would be magical.

Or demonic, in Inuyasha’s case.

“No way a human could heal that fast,” Inuyasha said harshly.

“You’re a human; what are you complaining about?” Hojo replied quickly.

Kagome and Hojo were both stunned at his quick and somewhat hard rebuttal, while Inuyasha was angered at being called a human. But before he could reply, Kagome tried to defuse the situation.

“Don’t you dare yell at him, Inuyasha!” she warned as he opened his mouth.

“What the fuck are you defending him for?” he snapped at her.

“And don’t yell at me!” she added. “We’re in a hospital where injured people get better; they need their rest and they won’t get any when you get going!”

Inuyasha’s shoulders lifted a little, his fists clenched and he bared his fangs. All in all, he looked extremely angry. Kagome stared him down, crossing her arms and leaning on her left leg more, lifting her nose stubbornly.

They continued to stare at one another for a long moment, one that seemed to just keep going. It ended after what had to have been five whole minutes of nothing but staring, when Hojo said, “Look, Kagome. . .”

And Inuyasha exploded with rage that Kagome actually looked away to answer Hojo.

“Yes, Hojo?”

“What the – You can’t just ignore me, wench!” he snapped, his voice rough with his growl.

“I can do whatever I please and you can’t stop me!” she snapped back.

Inuyasha looked like he was going to snap again, but instead he took two steps towards her and grabbed her around the waste, saying fiercely, “You couldn’t resist me if you tried!”

“Watch me!” she snapped back, stepping out of his reach. She pointed at the door. “Now just get out! I can find my way back by myself!”

Oh, but that one pissed him off. “I’m not leaving you here alone with another man!”

“I’m in a hospital! What do you think is going to happen, huh, Inuyasha? Hojo’s just going to limp over here and try to force himself on me, and all the while I’ll be quiet and no one would think to check in here or even look in the open door?”

A nurse had appeared during her part of the rant and said, “You’re disturbing the patients –”

“Stay out of this!” Kagome and Inuyasha shouted at the nurse.

The nurse stuttered for a moment before saying quickly, “You’re that Higurashi girl!”

Kagome ignored her, as Inuyasha was doing as well.

“I don’t care what could happen, I’m not going to let the chance take place!” Inuyasha was yelling at her.

“Good for you, but you’re crazy if you think I will let something like that happen!”

“Maybe I am crazy, what’re you gonna do about it, sit me?”

“Don’t tempt me! You know very well I would! And I told you to go back already!”

“I’m not leaving you here!” he roared loudest of all.

Both he and Kagome stared down each other at this point, panting from their anger. They turned their backs on each other, leaving Kagome facing the door and Inuyasha facing the window. The door was now occupied by five or six nurses, each staring at Kagome as one would a legend proved to be true.

Then one of the nurses came forward and lifted a shaky hand. “Higurashi Kagome, correct?”

“What’s it to you?” Kagome asked, her voice still angry but much quieter.

The nurse moved her hand around nervously before dropping it. “I’m just. . . well, you’ve had a lot of news coverage and I’m just surprised you can be normal enough to. . .” She trailed off.

“To argue with my boyfriend? Yeah, we do that sometimes.”

The nurse glanced away and a second came up beside her, saying, “But in the courthouse he said he loved you.”

“And vice versa, but we still get on each other’s nerves; why are you interested in us anyway?” she asked harshly.

A third nurse came forward from around the corner. “What was going on here? Patients reported extremely loud voices arguing like the world was ending.”

Kagome laughed in a slightly hysterical way. “Yeah, sorry about that.” She looked behind her just as Inuyasha glanced behind him. The moment their eyes met, both of them humphed and looked away sharply.

On the bed, Hojo coughed to gain attention. When Kagome looked over at him, he said, “I’ve never seen you yell like that before.”

She shrugged a shoulder. “Inuyasha is the only person who brings it out in me.”

“Vice versa,” Inuyasha muttered, though loud enough that likely everyone heard.

Kagome ignored him as Hojo went on. “You were a little scary,” he said quietly, as though worried he would invoke her wrath if he wasn’t careful.

“Tell him that!” she snapped, gesturing Inuyasha.

“Don’t you dare get me started again!” Inuyasha said quickly, spinning to face her. “I’ve still got a lot to say to you!”

The third nurse, a large woman with a hairnet, snapped at them both, “Well say what you’ve got to say somewhere else!”

The nurses around her tittered and giggled to themselves before dispersing. Kagome and Inuyasha turned away from each other again.

“So. . .” Kagome began, trying to strike up conversation with Hojo again. “How long are you staying here?”

“Another night,” Hojo replied, eying Inuyasha carefully as he spoke. “They want to make sure I haven’t gotten any serious head injuries before letting me go.”

“What about the principal?”

“He showed up yesterday after school, asked me some questions,” Hojo was saying conversationally. “He’s begun a kind of investigation into finding that girl, since I didn’t know her name and apparently she never went to school with us.”

“Apparently?”

“They had me look over the school photos and try to spot her, but she wasn’t in there.”

“Either that or she beat herself out of your head,” Inuyasha barked.

“Inuyasha!” Kagome hissed. “Sorry, Hojo, but Inuyasha and I have much more arguing to do. We’ll have to leave.”

Hojo shrugged. “No problem. As soon as school’s over I’ll get bombarded by girls and their presents again; I think I’ll be fine.”

There was a teasing note in his voice that made Kagome smile. “Be sure to fall for one of them.”

He laughed. “Been trying to.”

Kagome waved her goodbyes while practically dragging Inuyasha out by his forelocks. Outside, she began a fast pace, trying to make it so Inuyasha not only knew of her anger, but would have some trouble keeping up with her.

Forgetting that he was half demon and far stronger and faster than she was, if only physically.

He wasn’t saying a word, just like she was, but he was shoulder-to-shoulder with her, clearing the crowded streets with glares and a few swipes. People glanced at her a lot these days, surprised to see her up and about and walking down the street like a normal girl.

It felt odd to be looked at like a normal girl for her. She was so used to being extraordinary, being powerful, being practically worshiped at times. Being looked at like other girls stirred strange feelings in her. On the one hand, this is something she always yearned for, to forget her dangerous, hectic life and be normal, if only for a day. On the other, she didn’t like being looked at as something other than what she was: a priestess with near unmatched purity.

She paused outside a store, glancing in the reflective window and seeing herself. Odd, her reflection didn’t look like it used to. There was more wisdom and maturity in her eyes than she was used to seeing. Was it possible that her rape and trial caused this? The knowledge of how cruel the world could be made her spirit age quickly?

She knew she didn’t take things for granted anymore. That was good.

She sighed, looking away from her reflection. She didn’t feel the same as she used to, either. If she had to place it, she could only say that she was more focused now, less of a daydreamer. But then, that could be from Inuyasha. They both seemed to have changed since the first moment they kissed.

Inuyasha was definitely kinder to her, and even playful. Kagome, on the other hand, felt calmer than usual, and she knew she was being much sweeter to Inuyasha. In fact, the two of them often teased each other, sometimes with words, sometimes with little touches, sometimes with withholding kisses or cuddles.

Kagome looked at Inuyasha now, as he stared impatiently at her, no more than a foot from where she stood. He looked like he was mentally giving her what-for, and getting slowly calmer for it. She took a step forward for a reason she didn’t understand, and hugged him around the middle, pressing her face into his shoulder.

She felt him jerk with surprise, but after a few moments, she felt his arms go around her. She waited there, perfectly still for one long moment, before looking up, mostly with her eyes. Inuyasha had his head down and a slight blush, his bangs completely obscuring his eyes from view.

Kagome smiled at the sight and let go, glancing around and noticing a slight crowd around her. Her instinct to run rose up quickly at the close quarters, and she tugged at Inuyasha’s sleeve to get moving again. Inuyasha’s arm went around her waist and held her securely by his side, looking up once more to glare, but this time, only one of his eyes were visible.

It didn’t take too long to get back to the Shrine, and Kagome went straight to her room with so much as a “Tadaima.” Inuyasha stayed downstairs only long enough to give the crash-course summary of the day.

When he came back in, she was once more at her computer, which she didn’t often fiddle with lately. From what he understood, she received things called “e-mails” from time to time over something even weirder called the “internet,” both of which required a computer to access.

He wasn’t much interested in it, so he generally kept his mouth shut. Today, however, she wasn’t on the “internet” that he could see; no, she seemed to be working on that Paint program she used every now and again. Didn’t seem to be getting very far, though.

It was over the last week or so that he realized how creative she could be when given the incentive. Naturally, he saw her imagination run wild with ideas in that story of hers, but lately he’s seen more. She has books on a shelf – rather, she calls them “manga,” and looking through one showed pictures that intended movement from one picture to the other.

She tried several times to draw some of the images simply from looking at them, and though it surprised him, she didn’t seem entirely too excited that her pictures looked perfectly like the ones in the mangas. If he didn’t know better, he might have guessed that she drew each and every one of those books.

It got him thinking that she might very well have a future in writing and drawing those things if she so desired. After all, he certainly wasn’t expecting to find that story – not only was he entranced by the very ideas in it, but the way she wrote it, how obviously she got better as she went along, and he himself could hardly believe the twists she pulled. I mean, who in their right mind would not only make Sesshomaru an ally, but one of honor that goes both ways?

He sat on her bed and watched her for a while. As always, that incensive clicking was annoying, but the sound drowned out as he watched her. He could hardly believe the beauty he saw when he looked at her, how bright her eyes were. He was frightened, deathly so, that those eyes would have become dark and dead as Kikyo’s had, that he would once more lose a woman he loved.

There had only been three. Over a century and a half old, and there were only three women he loved. One because she had always been there for him, in spirit after body: Izayoi, his mother. One because she had routinely spared his life, intrigued him, talked to him and trusted him: Kikyo, whom he nearly became human for. One because she had simply refused to be shunned, because she had never lifted her nose to him nor trembled in fear: Kagome, who he now pledged his life to.

If there were ever a better reason to be a slave, he had not yet heard of it.

Kagome knew he was watching her. She could feel his eyes on her back, watching her carefully, either from simple fascination, intense love or questioning worry. Perhaps a bit of all three. She wanted to turn and smile at him, maybe even go over to him and kiss him.

But she knew better. Inuyasha had told her before, more than once, to be careful around him. Now that they were officially together – waiting for her to recover or not – his body tended to act without conscious decisions. If she stayed too close to him, leaned on him too much, kissed him too passionately, there was a great chance he would do everything he could to seduce her.

Though this hasn’t been tested, in such a case it was far better to be safe than sorry. She wondered at times if he would really drop his control enough to attempt seducing her, or if he were simply worried that he would and couldn’t allow himself to find out. At the very least, not now, when although her body had finished healing, her mind was still recovering.

At the beginning, her heart used to ache, thinking that her body wouldn’t untouched for him. Inuyasha told her quite a few times since then that it didn’t matter to him, but she knew it did. It was how men in his era thought. Women who were no longer virgins, by choice or by force, were frowned upon and often looked at as trash.

In an odd coincidence, she now understood Inuyasha better. His entire life, he was looked at as trash by most of the population of Japan. Though people in his era sympathized knowing that Kagome had been hurt in such a demeaning manner, she could still see that their beliefs triumphed in their eyes. Before, Kagome had often been looked at as a kind of Goddess at times, and knew without looking that many men admired her and sought after her, if only in their own minds.

Those same men rarely glanced at her anymore, always looking away or down when she drew near, always with sad or pitiful or resentful looks. It was mainly the women who sympathized most, often offering her help with whatever it was she was doing, though most of the time she did nothing but sit and try to get used to the world around her again.

It was an enigma how only a few hours could change your view of the world so drastically that you needed time to readjust. Most people, like Kagome, spend their entire lives used to the things around her. She even grew used to life in Sengoku Jidai quickly and easily, becoming a second home to her. In fact, if she was ever asked to choose a time, she would be hard pressed to decide on one or the other.

Kagome snapped herself to and blinked at the computer screen. Unknowingly, she had continued the image she was making without seeing it, and wondered if the curves and lines were correct. It was something she did now, every time she opened the program: She zoomed in immediately so she wouldn’t see what it was she was making, which means when she finally finishes, it will as much a surprise to her as everyone else.

Although she couldn’t help but notice the amount of red and silver she was using. Based on that, she had a pretty solid idea of who or what the picture was about, but until she saw the image for herself at actual size, she couldn’t be sure. After all, she could be drawing the deaths of those men, little by little, from many blades or arrows.

It would be poetic justice to let her kill them, but then, it would be poetic justice for many people to kill them.

As a new thought entered her mind, she lifted her head and looked over at Inuyasha. Though he seemed to be nodding off, he obviously picked up on the lack of clicking noises and the squeak of the chair when she shifted. He looked up.

“Yeah, Kagome?”

She didn’t even have to ask. It made her smile. “Has Mama or Grandpa said anything new about The Phantom?”

“Not that I heard,” he replied, shifting and yawning widely. At that moment, she couldn’t help but examine his fangs, left wide open. “Why are you interested?”

She shrugged. “Something tells me to keep an eye on it.”

“Well, check that newspaper thing sometime. They mention everything, don’t they?”

“Just about.”

“There ya go.” He shifted again, laying out on her bed and shutting his eyes.

“Cute, cute, cute,” she chanted.

He snorted, but otherwise didn’t reply.

~*~ The Phantom ~*~

Last night, it was Yashutino Ryoki who had died by Him. Tonight, it would be Itsukonomu Serio. “He made her cry forth.” Ryoki’s message. “He frightened her fifth.” Serio’s.

His resolve was wavering. Death didn’t suit him, even vengeful death. He’d spent too long being calm with his wife, too long cuddling her womb and spending nights with her in their bed. Though he was once, and always will be, a great warrior and a cunning adversary, he simply didn’t fight anymore.

Perhaps when She died, she took that part of him with her. He hated wallowing in misery after the death of someone dear; he’d done so before and had difficulty hardening himself to it. Unfortunately this blow was too great to be ignored, a wound too deep to ever heal.

Quite often over the past centuries Sesshomaru had found him, lying still in a garden or on a floor, simply staring up, blankly. Oftentimes he would be shedding tears as he did this, trying not to remember Her or their daughter, but the two of them were always the only thing on his mind. It was the decision to kill those brutes that kept him going all this time.

If it hadn’t been for them and the fear of killing himself and losing his place in Heaven, he would have taken his own life long ago. Maybe after this he could get Sesshomaru to kill him, one final battle between the two after so long of tense partnership.

He laid on the floor of his ‘room’ now, a small puddle of tears near his temples, where they had run off the sides of his face. He couldn’t move at the moment, finding himself greatly regretting going through with this. It was one thing to plan, to go on from visions of the deaths of the ones who killed the only person who not only loved him, but was willing to live forever with him, to share his life – however long it will be – and give him children.

But it was another thing to kill the brutes, to watch them and listen to them as they screamed endlessly in agony, bodies being torn to bits and lifeblood flowing in thick waves onto everything within easy reach. The first death, Hisochane’s, was by far the easiest. Ishi was the one He wanted to kill most of all. Slow death, painful death, a reminder of what’s to come in Hell for such beasts.

The second was just as greatly satisfying. Kei had tried to retaliate, flinging a small stolen knife into the air repeatedly once he knew He was there to get him. The knife had, in fact, connected with His arm, but though it ripped through the jacket He wore, His arm remained unscathed.

It was something He noticed about two centuries ago. When he was young, he bruised easy, though they never lasted long. At around two centuries old, his skin was much tougher, never bruising but still able to be cut and pierced. At four hundred, it became incredibly difficult to harm him in the least, taking a great deal of effort to make him bleed. At six centuries, it became near impossible to break his skin, though his internal organs were much more susceptible. And now, at over seven hundred years, it required acid-tipped needles to break his skin. He has not had a bruise in more than four hundred years.

Sesshomaru, it seemed, was much the same. Although He didn’t really know how old Sesshomaru was, it was becoming more and more obvious that the man was invincible. Why he chose to run a business with his family rather than recruit them all and take over the world could only be because honor was Sesshomaru’s highest priority, second only to his Brood.

He looked over at the time and sighed as the minutes ticked closer to midnight. All in all, he didn’t want to get up and do this again; his point was made, wasn’t it? On the other hand, he had only existed until now to do this, to get it over with so he could die without regret.

But he was regretting killing them.

:End Chapter:

Yikes. Hope this one didn’t take too long to come out. Been wondering for a long time how to go about this chapter, in pretty much all aspects. Luckily the fingers write the story, not a big plan.

Great News: I have my scanner YAY!!! Come look at my new and improved gallery if you dare. ;) I don’t have much more Trans. artwork, and I’m working on some Changing Lives (CL as I call it) artwork as well, but I have a years’ worth of others. Well, not the full year, not yet anyway. Still working on the scanning part.

Know what’s the kicker? I’ve been scanning for four days. XD

Ah, what to say about this chapter. . . Well, for one, I dunno why I gave that therapist an English kind of name. I mean, Sarah, in Japan? I hope she mastered the language. Or maybe her parents were Japanese, and just liked the name, I dunno.

I also can’t express how angry I am. It gets frustrating to the point of shredding things alive (like Phantom’s been doing) when I can actually count how many people have read each chapter (now on both sites) and yet only get a few reviews for each. Well, a few in comparison.

I don’t understand it, but I really really want to know what you guys think. If you have ANYTHING to say, for the love of INUYASHA just say it! That’s an order from your Authoress. :Glances away:

Moving on. . .

Getting more and more into anime and games lately. I’ve now seen all of Escaflowne and the movie to it, all four Inuyasha movies and all the episodes (kinda sucks where it leaves off, really), all Vampire Princess Miyu episodes (which is awesome, go watch it I command you!), all of Trigun, all of Cowboy Bebop and the first movie, some of Ranma (though I read the entire Manga so watching the anime is kinda pointless), read most of Chobits (one book away!), and nearly all of DBZ. Sounds odd, I know, but DBZ has been on TV and I can’t follow a schedule for the life of me. x.x

Well, I think I’ve wasted enough time. I’ll just bring the points of the chapter to light once more:

Kagome’s trip to the therapist.

Inuyasha’s obsession with poking casts.

Hojo’s newly found sense of humor O.o

Kagome’s interest in the Brutes’ deaths.

Inuyasha and Kagome’s thoughts on their relationship.

Phantom’s regret.

:Blows a whistle, waves a flag, pulls a curtain, shoots a gun, snaps a whip, cuts a ribbon:

So get to it, peoples! Review time!

See ya! :Rose: