InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Changing Lives ❯ Young Meets Old ( Chapter 31 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

She gave him a weak kind of smile. “You just love your guardian duties, don’t you?” she teased. When he snorted as a response, she relaxed on her mat, Shippou and Kyou curled up next to her. Thinking about it, she could almost see little hearts floating around those two.

It made her think that those two were just fated to be together. And she was glad Shippou had someone to be with him all the time now; whenever she left for home, she worried over whether he was getting bullied by Inuyasha or not, regardless of the fact that Shippou tended to start their spats. But with him focusing on Kyou more, it was unlikely he would test Inuyasha like he used to.

~*~ Midoriko’s Cave ~*~

“Just be good, and I’ll come back with sweets, how’s that?”

Instantly they both perked up, the bribe working well. All of a sudden they were happy to watch her go, knowing full well what she’d be returning with.

AE Sixty One :TimeSkip:

“What did you come here for?”

Inuyasha had to wonder about that. It was just that, lately, he’d been wondering about his older self. Though it’d been almost two years since he’d last seen “himself,” it appeared his older self hadn’t bothered even attempting to groom himself. Maybe Sesshomaru made him bathe every so often, but it must have been a long while, in any case.

Judging by the smell, anyway.

At the question, Inuyasha had to shrug. “Curiosity got to me,” he replied. “You’re. . .me, after all.”

His older self wasn’t looking at him, hadn’t glanced up since Inuyasha arrived. He was just slouching in the window, gazing out as though there was something interesting out there. And at Inuyasha’s weak explanation, he shook with a soundless laugh. He said, “That can’t be all.”

Inuyasha couldn’t help but feel his pride well up. He’d given a perfectly respectable answer, hadn’t he? Wouldn’t someone in his place be interested in knowing his older self, if only a bit? “What else would I have come here for?”

Slowly, the other him turned his head to look at Inuyasha. He had a wry smirk on his face. “Maybe because it’s four days until Kagome’s birthday?”

And he was caught red-handed. He couldn’t even muster the will to hide a string of blush that went across his cheeks. “Okay, I can’t blame you for remembering that part.”

“Five centuries and I haven’t forgotten,” the older man told him. “And you’re stressing because you’re having a hard time thinking of what to do.”

“Don’t read my mind; it’s weird,” Inuyasha spat.

His other self heaved a heavy sigh. “Why’d you have to come and see me to get this information? I asked Kagome’s mother for help.”

Inuyasha felt chagrined all at once. “Right, asking you would just. . .” Bring up painful memories, his mind supplied. He didn’t realize it until now, but it really was stupid to come here.

“Don’t bother going now,” the other man told him as he went to leave. “At least let me help you plan. I can even tell you what she liked, and what she didn’t. You could make an. . .even more beautiful memory. For both of you.”

Despite knowing how badly it would cut him, Inuyasha was surprised to hear how willing his older self was to help. He tried to weigh his options in favor of leaving, but the offer left in the air was too sweet to pass up. Though he knew Kagome very well, knew from more than a few slightly-passionate moments certain things she enjoyed, he didn’t know how to make a romantic scene. Not even consulting books and movies had been much help with that subject.

Exhaling a deep breath, he turned back towards the room, met his other self’s eyes, and nodded. “Okay,” he agreed, “tell me what I should do.”

Getting off the sill, the older inu crossed over to his younger image and replied, “It’s not as simple as to tell. Especially because there’d be a lot of words and terms you don’t know.”

Offended, the younger Inuyasha narrowed his eyes. “Don’t make it sound like I’m stupid!” he snapped. “I know plenty ‘words and terms,’ ya jerk.”

The older man lifted his hands in defense. “I didn’t mean that. I’d forgotten how much of a hothead I was when I was young. Just listen, will you? I can’t deal with your ignorance right now.”

Inuyasha just huffed. “I’m starting to wonder what the hell you could teach me.”

“For one, what soft spots Kagome has that make her moan.”

Instantly, the blush from before was more than doubled for the younger man. He stuttered, “Wh-wh-what?”

“She really likes it when you lick her neck, too.”

“Geez, I know that already!”

“Did you know she also enjoys it when you run your nails along her skin?”

“N. . .No, that I didn’t know,” Inuyasha replied, more quietly than before. He had to admit, though, his older self had been with Kagome longer. Naturally, he knew a lot more than Inuyasha could even guess at. “Alright, alright, you’ve proved your point. What more should I know?”

“We should start with the scene you need to present to her,” his older self said, taking a step back. “Sit down,” he added as he did the same. “I might talk fast, so try to keep up.”

With an angry growl, the younger inu did as he was told, sitting cross-legged and glaring at his older self. And then, very abruptly, the elder Inuyasha was talking, and faster than he’d warned. He started describing the scene: the place he went to for Kagome’s birthday, and at what time. He mentioned everything he brought, from food to drinks to blankets for sitting on. Once he had the entire scene sketched out, and was certain the younger Inuyasha had it figured out, he went on.

“If I described how to kiss well, would you be able to do it?” he asked, though it sounded like he was asking himself. “No, I don’t think so,” he answered before his younger self could. “How hard you can squeeze before making Kagome uncomfortable? Not likely, either. The light caresses she enjoys, just how to play with her hair, how hard you can nip?” He paused, as though thinking.

And Inuyasha found himself glaring harder, because a solution was forming in his head that he didn’t like. “What are you getting at?” he all but growled.

His older self opened his mouth, then shut it for a moment more. “I believe I’d have to show you.”

Narrowing his eyes further, the younger man bit out, “Meaning. . ?”

“Oh, I wouldn’t take Kagome from you,” the other man said reassuringly. “Besides, it wouldn’t help at all for me to demonstrate and you try to mimic.”

“Ah,” Inuyasha said, relieved. But then he snapped back to attention. “Wait, what are you getting at?!” he snapped.

“I’d have to show you; didn’t I make this clear?” The elder Inuyasha was all calm, as though he’d been planning this a long time.

But the younger man’s eye twitched. “You’re not suggesting. . .what I think you’re suggesting. You’re not.”

His older self rolled his eyes. “I can imagine you’re getting the picture. Would you rather meet Kagome with your weak skills?”

The younger inu was all but infuriated. He got to his feet and barked, “Like hell I have weak skills! Kagome loves what I do to her!”

“So you don’t think there’s room for improvement, that your older self doesn’t have any experience to offer? Regardless of what you may think,” the older man stood as well, “I’m only thinking of Kagome’s pleasure. Would you rather accidentally harm her and ruin the entire memory?”

Inuyasha had a retort on his tongue, which died the moment he realized something. Now confused, he asked, “Why do you keep calling it a memory?”

The older inu blinked, as though surprised. And then he laughed. “All I have are memories. I’ll apologize for phrasing it badly, if you’ll just accept my help.”

His younger self growled deep in his throat, but eventually gave a nod. “Fine, you sick fuck. But you’d better tell me before you do anything, got that?!”

The older man nodded. “You’re forgetting that I already know how you think. Don’t be stressed; I won’t take any pleasure from this, either.”

~*~ Later ~*~

What a botched day. Inuyasha had never felt more demeaned in his life. Even being kicked and stoned, insulted and beaten, he’d pulled through fine. But having to be smart-talked into letting his older self do things -- albeit in the name of teaching -- that he’d never have agreed to otherwise, now that was a humiliating loss in his mind.

What made it so much worse was that it had worked as it was meant to -- things Inuyasha never knew could feel good had been done to him. Even through the uncomfortable situation and creeping fear at the back of his mind hadn’t dulled that. And it was terrible to think that, while it was unimaginable to do such a thing with yourself, it was much more horrifying to imagine doing it with anybody else, except Kagome.

Had it not been for the knowledge offered, he wouldn’t have even considered -- that. Had it not been himself offering it, he wouldn’t have considered accepting. And had it not been for the eventual employment for Kagome, he wouldn’t have accepted. For all these reasons, his other self was the last -- and only -- choice to be made.

That didn’t change the fact that he was seriously disturbed now. It was perhaps due to luck that he chose today, rather than later, to make such a visit, because if he had waited until Kagome’s birthday, there’d be no way he could get such a disgusting memory from his mind. The entire evening would end up ruined for that exact reason.

But then, knowing how he thought, would his older self have offered, if it were that day?

Now he was more confused than before, and he didn’t think he’d stop pondering it for some time. Such a stressful string of thoughts, yet he couldn’t banish them. At least not yet. Hopefully all he needed was to wake to find Kagome asleep on his chest to clear his mind. After all, for almost two years, it had done wonderfully it making him calm.

And thoughts of Kagome were always pleasant. He almost felt like humming now, images of her at the front of his mind. Slowly, brick by brick, those thoughts of her built a little wall blockading today’s events at the rear of his mind. With any luck, it’d be a long, long time before that wall broke. Yes, he thought, just keep focusing on Kagome. In no time at all, you’ll be giving her the pleasure of her life.

Ahh, what a wonderful thought that was. After all this time with her, he was really beginning to believe that she was born for him. It was Kagome who taught him to smile, to laugh, how to make friends, to depend on others and have others depend on him. She brought out all of his emotions, one by one, and played with them all until it became obvious to him that she really did own him, body and soul. For her, he’d gone through hell more than once, a few times at her own hands. He was under her power, and the rosary had nothing to do with it.

Or perhaps it did, he amended. It was the rosary which made him step back, reassess the situation, and accept that he had to somehow make her take them off. It was because she never did that he kept following her, until he finally admitted he wanted to keep following her. Touching the beads absently, he allowed himself to smile. Yes, it was definitely because of that kami-damned necklace that he stuck with her at first, though in retrospect he could’ve chosen to go far beyond where her voice could reach.

Or perhaps not, he thought with a mental laugh. No, he was using the rosary as an excuse, and had been from the beginning. He followed Kagome because he chose to from the beginning, because her presence was something that just kept calling to him. He followed her everywhere because he wanted her beside him, even if it meant releasing everything else. He’d done so much for her already, he just knew that if she asked him, he’d agree to stay her, in her time, and remain with her.

Because he loved her more than anything else, nothing else even compared. After all, she had literally given him life, and in more than one way. Reviving him had been accidental on her part, he knew it; but it didn’t change the fact that she, by the power of her very presence, had revived every part of him. He hadn’t even thought such things about Kikyo before.

He had to wonder, every time he considered this, if he was attracted to Kikyo because some part of him knew Kagome would be coming for him later on. Certainly he was drawn to her soul; wasn’t this was they called “soul mates?” For the two of them to feel so strongly about each other, didn’t it mean they were together in a past life, too? If he concentrated hard enough, every so often he could almost swear he saw it connecting them: the red string of fate.

Even if it was a trick of his mind, he could still feel it. For better or worse, he was Kagome’s dog, and always would be. In the past he would’ve try to rebut that thought, even try to beat it into submission, but he knew better now. He didn’t care if it sounded demeaning; he’d say it aloud if he had to.

Kagome was his woman just as much as he was her dog.

:End Chapter:

Next chapter: Kagome’s eighteenth birthday. Also starring the one and only naughty scene of the AE: Changing Lives. So far the plan is to write a super-duper long chapter, and merely subtract the sexy part for ff.net. Yes, this plan seems workable.

I’m kind of rushing this stuff out since I learned that the last chapter of Inuyasha is coming out just next week. Yeah, so, 558 chapters total, I believe? Ah well, can’t try to beat the manga, but at least I can finish my little version of the future.

How many ladies out there wanna believe Kagome and Inuyasha will have little versions of themselves in the next manga chapter? Awww, it’d be so cute. Admit it!

Also, the slightly yaoi scene in here was for two reasons: the first, and very legit reason, was explained by the elder Inuyasha. It was something he regretted in the past, not knowing how to please Kagome more. So, naturally he wanted his younger self’s experience to be better. And the second reason is to make fangirls happy. Ya heard me. I’m trying to appease you ladies, despite my hatred of all things yaoi.

Well, less “hatred,” more “dislike but put up with it.” Anyways.

I’m hungry. Chapter ending, buh bye.

:TBC: