InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Code Pink ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

FF.net

Mystic Kintoun: I don't hate Kikyo per-say. I feel she is more of a necessary evil. But she does tend to get cast as the 'bad-girl' part of my stories. She just fits it so well in my mind. And Yes, I am a Inu/Kag fan but I'm also a supporter of canon couples, though alt pairings can be good too.

Inuyasha Mistress: You're right. No one guessed Hojo.

The Literary Dragon: Thank you. I was worried it might not be suspenseful enough, but I guess not. Yes this is the last chapter. As to Hojo and Kikyou… Cleo (Emerald's 8 month old kitten) chooses this moment to attack the Christmas tree and the unarmed foliage needs saving. ^_~

Squeaky: Mwahahahahaha! Never over look the quiet person in the back of the room, they are secretly plotting and know you don't suspect them! Question: and a Naraku Kikyou quickie would have been better perhaps?

MM.org

Chihiro-san: Oh, sorry about the blood thing. Though I'm a bit flattered that I was about to get that reaction. If you plan on looking into my other stories; I recommend avoiding Bandit of the Woods. It's my Robin Hood parody-sorta-thing and it has a lot of blood and violence.

Other reviewers: Thank you and enjoy!

Code Pink

Chapter 7

Inuyasha had given up on trying to sit still, and kept up a relentless pace back and forth across the room. He had removed his shoes to prevent waking Kagome again, but his feet had become chilled from the cold tile. Every so often he would stop to look out the window at the sun. He knew how to read a clock, but instinct always drew him to the sun as a timekeeper.

Biting his lip he began to growl. It was well past time for his daughter to have had her first meal, and she was still missing. His mind raced through one worst case scenario after another. Takara lying hungry and alone in some gutter, Takara hurt and crying, Takara dead. With a fierce shake of his head he pushed the thoughts away. They would find her.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ;<<<<<<<Flashback>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kagome looked up at the high ceilings of the palace as she walked in. Inuyasha watched intently for her reaction. She looked like a small child in the worlds largest candy store. Her eyes were big and her mouth slightly open. She had stopped in the doorway in her awe and was oblivious to the fact that everyone else had stopped with her. The royal palace was a far cry from the simple shrine she had always lived in. Inuyasha couldn't help but smile.

"Kagome." He said quietly. She jumped slightly as if he had snuck up on her. Kagome blushed when she realized she'd been staring, but Inuyasha said nothing. "Come on, I'll show you around." He took her gently by the hand and led her down the hall. A servant came and took her single piece of luggage, and Inuyasha reassured her when she started to protest. He led her all around the palace showing her everything she could possibly want to see. When they had finally settled into his-their room to sleep he snuggled close and asked.

"What do you think?"

"I think I'm going to spend most of my time lost." She replied with a giggle. He chuckled and kissed her cheek.

"Don't worry Kagome. I'll always be around to take care of you."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<&l t;<<<<End Flashback>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>

Inuyasha sighed, some mate he turned out to be. He wanted to go looking for Takara himself, but was afraid leaving Kagome's side would make her a target in her weakened state. Rubbing his temples, he sat down again. The sound of the door opening drew his attention up.

Miroku stepped into the room with a bundle of red fabric in his arms; he had once again left his staff out side. As softly as human feet would allow he crossed the room. Inuyasha stood up expecting to be given a quick status report. When the monk reached him, however, he said nothing and placed the bundle into his arms. Inuyasha blinked as the bundle's scent wafted up his nose. His eyes widened and he shifted the fabric around to show his daughter yawning up at him. It had to be the cutest thing he'd ever seen.

Without a word to the monk he sat down on the edge of the bed and gently shook Kagome with his free hand. The young mother stirred and opened her eyes. For a moment she looked disoriented then her last memories came flooding back. Tear well in her eyes before a gentled hand cupped her cheek and whispered comforts. The hand drew her eyes to a pair of golden ones before the words hit her.

"Don't cry Kagome, they got Takara back." Her eyes widened as he helped her sit up and placed their daughter in her arms. She hugged the little girl tightly before kissing her on the forehead. A smile found it's way onto Inuyasha's lips. "Come on Kagome she's probably really hungry… I'll meet you in the hallway in a minute monk." He finished pointedly.

"Of course my lord." Miroku responded with a smile. A few minutes later Inuyasha emerged from the room to find his adviser leaning against the wall with his staff in the crook of his arm. Miroku smiled at him. "I assume you would like to know what happened Inuyasha." He asked coolly knowing now it was safe to lower the formalities of their relationship.

"In detail." Inuyasha responded firmly.

"That I can not tell you for it is still unknown." Inuyasha lifted an eyebrow and Miroku exaggerated. "You see Shippou was the one who performed the actual rescue. By the time Sango got there, Takara was already in his arms. However, Shippou has some extensive injuries and passed out from blood loss on the way here."

"Is he going to be ok?"

"The doctors think he will make a full recovery." Inuyasha sighed in relief.

"And the ones who took Takara?"

"Alive and well under Sango's careful guard back at the palace."

"So who was stupid enough to take my daughter?"

"A young man by the name of Hojo and his girlfriend Kikyo. They are the leaders of the faction called 'The Morality'. The other members, that didn't elude capture, are also being held until you decided what to do with them. If I might make a suggestion?"

"Go on."

"While I'm sure it would be impossible to talk you out of… dealing with Hojo and Kikyo yourself, I feel it might be ill served to do so to their entire following. Most of these extreme groups have very sheep like mind-sets in that they mostly follow blindly. I believe you will show a better face if you gave the followers a strict but lighter punishment."

"And what would you suggest?" Inuyasha grunted. As much as the idea affronted him Miroku was usually right about these things.

"I'll think on it. But there is no rush, spend time with your wife and get to know your daughter. I will let you know when Shippou wakes." Inuyasha nodded and left.