InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cold as you ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 

Chapter 2: And when you take, you take the very best of me
 
That night, Kagome rested against Inuyasha happily. The others had fallen asleep rather quickly and so they were now sitting cuddling against the trunk of a tree in the branches. They didn't need to talk. It was a comfortable silence. For Inuyasha, he had had a rush of fear that he had almost lost her that day. The fear hadn't quite left him and he had been a bit more possessive than usual.
He finally heard Kagome's breathing even out. Gently jumping to the ground, he settled her in her sleeping bag with Shippo and settled down next to her. He gazed at her, his eyes brooding. His heart still continued to pound. Suddenly, he stiffened and looked up. Above him, soul stealers hovered, beckoning.
Kagome had woken when Inuyasha had laid her down but she had remained quiet. Suddenly hearing him move, she waited for him to leave. Once he did, she glanced up and felt her heart stutter as she saw the soul stealers fade into the forest. Rising, she followed silently. At the edge of a clearing, she paused and watched quietly, her heart breaking. She didn't know how much more she could take. It was obvious though. He would take it all. He would always take the best of things from her and never give anything back.