InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Collected Works ❯ Come My Way ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Come My Way
Author: LuxKen27
Genre: General
Universe: Alternate
Rating: T
Warnings: Suggestive situation
Word Count: 300
Summary: Kagome suggests attending an on-campus Halloween party to an initially reluctant Sesshoumaru.

Entry for: dokuga_contest [Sess/Kag] Drabble #6, “Lure”

Disclaimer: The Inuyasha concept, story, and characters are copyright Rumiko Takahashi and Viz Media.

~*~

“You’re invited too, you know!” Kagome called through the open door.

The only response was an indeterminable grunt and a rustle of the newspaper.

She rolled her eyes. Really, he’s so uptight sometimes! She pushed open the doors of her closet. It was short notice for a party invite, even by her incredibly easygoing standards. Still: it was Halloween, it was Friday night, and dammit, she needed the release! The stress from classes was about to suffocate her.

Living with one of the hottest guys on campus in a completely platonic situation certainly didn’t help matters.

“Don’t you find this supposed ‘holiday’ quite childish?” Sesshoumaru asked, waxing poetic from his spot on the common room couch. “You can’t tell me you honestly believe in spirits and demons.”

She gave a short laugh. “Haven’t you ever heard of just having fun?” she replied, digging underneath her bed. “You know: getting together with other people, gorging on candy and beer, dancing the night away?” Her hands landed on her desired shoes, and she tugged.

“Hmph.” She could practically see his condescending stare from here. He could be so irritating sometimes…

Satisfied with her last-minute outfit, she gave one final glance into the mirror before stepping out.

“Are you sure you don’t want to come with me?” she asked, moving through their shared space. “Guess I’ll have to ask Inuyasha or Koga for a ride instead.”

His mouth fell open slightly as he took in her appearance: black halter top, black miniskirt, thigh high boots, all topped off with a fedora. His gaze seemed to linger on the exposed patch of skin between the end of her skirt and the top of her boots.

“What kind of party is this?” he choked out.

Her lips curved into a wicked smile. “A life-changing one.”