InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Complexities of Fate ❯ The Plan ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER 6: THE PLAN
 
 
Kagome woke up early the following day and waited for Inuyasha on the shrine steps. She brought a jug of hot milk and chicken sandwiches with her as she sat patiently on the lowest step. After two minutes, Inuyasha arrived by car.
 
“You're early.” Inuyasha remarked.
 
“You're late.” Kagome replied.
 
“By a few seconds…”
 
“You're still late.
 
“I'm sorry…”
 
“Don't say sorry unless you mean it.”
 
“I mean it.”
 
“Good, breakfast?” Kagome offered as she poured milk for Inuyasha.
 
“Thanks.” Inuyasha answered as he took the cup and the sandwich Kagome offered.
 
“What do you want us to talk about?”
 
“The plan.”
 
“What plan?”
 
“How do we go about this whole … scheme.” Kagome answered as she waved her hand in front of her.
 
“One question though,”
 
“What?”
 
“Why did you change your mind?”
 
“I just did.”
 
“That's all the answer I'm going to get, isn't it?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Hmm...okay.”
 
“What's the plan, Inuyasha?”
 
“To make Kikyo jealous.”
 
“That's the outcome but what are we going to do to achieve it?”
 
“Let's say, we quarrel but slowly fall in love with each other and we get sweet and I ask you to be my girlfriend.” Inuyasha replied blushing.
 
“Is blushing part of the plan?” Kagome teased.
 
“No, and you're not supposed to tease me, you're suppose to fall in love with me.”
 
“Duh, teasing is a form of foreplay, it's part of loving.”
 
“How do you know it is?”
 
“How do you know it isn't?”
 
“Have you had foreplay?”
 
“Have you?” Kagome asked back.
 
“Are we going to argue again, Kagome?” Inuyasha sighed and massaged his temple.
 
“No, if you'll let me win.” Kagome replied grinning. They sat together in silence as they pondered how to go about their plot.
 
“Any ideas?” Inuyasha finally asked as he stretched his legs in front of him.
 
“One question…”
 
“What?”
 
“What did you see in her?”
 
“She's beautiful…”
 
“Can I say something?”
 
“Of course.”
 
“You're shallow but I can't really complain, can I? I agreed to be your `partner' in the first place.
 
“Smart girl.” Inuyasha replied as he grinned at Kagome.
 
“Don't forget sweet and beautiful.”
 
“I won't but you'll have to remind me.”
 
“Don't worry, I will…” Kagome retorted as she stretched her back lethargically. Inuyasha watched her movement with a smile on his face. The girl is pretty and smart, she's perfect…Perfect for what…?
 
“Stop staring, you're making me uncomfortable.”
 
“I'm not staring.”
 
“Quit ogling then.” Kagome sighed as she rubbed her eyes. “I'm getting sleepy and we're not getting things done.” Kagome sighed again.
 
“Let's just do it naturally, Kagome. Let's be ourselves.”
 
“How can we be ourselves and get Kikyo jealous, I'm not in love with you and you're not in love with me. We're so not each other's type.” Kagome replied as she rolled her eyes at her companion.
 
“What's your type?” Inuyasha asked, a little put out by Kagome's speech. We're so not each other's type? What a way of putting it. He frowned a little as he waited for her answer.
 
“Why the personal question?”
 
“I'm curious, if I am to play your boyfriend, I should know what you want.” And I'd like to find out why `we are so not each other's type.'
 
“Hmm…let's see. He has to be romantic but not hopeless, he should be smart and funny, he should be sweet and thoughtful, he should be taller than I am, he should be able to put up with my mood swings, he should be responsible and he should be loyal to me.” Kagome announced as she was lost in her own romantic realm.
 
“Is that all?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Yes,”
 
“I can be all of that.” Inuyasha replied as he popped into his mouth the last of his chicken sandwich.
 
“And he should not love someone else…” Kagome said as she looked at her `partner.'
 
“And you're too naive.”
 
“And you're experienced?” Kagome threw back.
 
“And all I'm saying is you're too idealistic.” Inuyasha replied not missing the sudden glint in Kagome's eyes.
 
“And it's the man of my dreams so you really don't have a say in it.”
 
“And I'm saying you're asking for too much.”
 
“And I'm saying I don't care what you say.”
 
“And you're being illogical.”
 
“And I'm saying logical and illogical are subjective since it depends on a person's point of view.”
 
“And we're arguing again.”
 
“And it makes the relationship healthier.”
 
“And we have a relationship now?” Inuyasha quirked his brow at Kagome.
 
“And you're asking a lot of stupid questions.” Kagome replied blushing painfully. Oh, great!
 
“And your mother is wondering what you're doing down here this early young lady.”
 
“Mama!” Kagome and Inuyasha both jumped at the sound of Mrs. Higurashi's voice.
 
“Well, who do we have here?” Mrs. Higurashi smiled at Inuyasha with kind, gentle eyes.
 
“I'm Inuyasha Hirohito, Ma'am.” Inuyasha bowed respectfully in front of Kagome's mother.
 
“And?”
 
“He's my…”
 
“I'm your daughter's boyfriend.” Inuyasha stated as Kagome coughed violently.
 
“What he meant, Mama is he's a boy and he's my friend.” Kagome said in a rush as Mrs. Higurashi looked at the youngsters.
 
“Well, if you're my daughter's boyfriend, a boy and a friend, please come inside, we're having breakfast.” Mrs. Higurashi smiled.
 
“Go ahead, Mama. We'll be there.” Kagome smiled innocently and watched as her mother disappeared from sight.
 
“What the hell did you do that for?!” She hissed.
 
“What?”
 
“Why did you tell my mother you're my boyfriend?!”
 
“Because I am?” Inuyasha replied, smiling inwardly at the thought. Ours must be the fastest courtship in history. He tried to hide his smirk as he watched fire danced in Kagome's eyes. Feisty.
 
“It's not even real, we're only playing a part!”
 
“Kagome, we'll be going out often and I would rather that we tell your mother now that we're dating than let her hear it from other people.” Inuyasha reasoned as he tried to keep up with Kagome's steps.
 
“But…”
 
“Do you have a problem with dating a hanyou?” Inuyasha asked, suddenly saddened at the idea.
 
“Gods, what's your obsession about this whole hanyou business, I agreed to your plan, didn't I? Would I have agreed if your being a hanyou makes my skin crawl?” Kagome retorted as they quickly walked up the shrine steps.
 
“Okay, glad to hear that from my girlfriend.” Inuyasha smiled teasingly.
 
Pseudo-girlfriend.” Kagome corrected as they entered her front door.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
 
“So you and my granddaughter are dating?” Kagome's grandfather interrogated as Inuyasha and Kagome sat on the white, plush sofa in front of Kagome's family after they had breakfast.
 
“About to date, Ji-chan!” Kagome hissed and she looked at Inuyasha's calm face and hissed some more.
 
“My intentions are pure, Sir.” Inuyasha replied, a little nervous, as the old man looked at his red Adidas rubber shoes and then his gaze traveled to his white ears.
 
“Okay, let's hear these intentions then.” The old man replied.
 
“Okay! Enough! We are going out as friends! See, Ji-chan, Inuyasha is my study buddy so we'll be doing a lot of studying than dating. And, this is so ridiculous; it's not as if we're getting married. We're just friends!” Kagome bit out.
 
“That's what they all say.” Kagome's grandfather said as he drunk his tea.
 
“Arrghhh… Mama?” Kagome turned pleading eyes towards her mother.
 
“Inuyasha, I trust that you'll take care of my daughter. I can see that you're a good man. Kagome, watch your temper around your boyfriend, you're too hard-headed sometimes.” Mrs. Higurashi explained as if she was bestowing precious words to a couple who are about to get married.
 
“OKAY! Can I kidnap my BOYFRIEND so we can maybe KISS and MAKE OUT?!” Kagome stood up and glared at her family. Inuyasha smiled to himself, he really loves teasing Kagome.
 
“My granddaughter is no longer a baby…” Kagome watched in exasperation as her grandfather sobbed.
 
“I have a very dysfunctional family!” Kagome threw her hands in the air as she grabbed Inuyasha by his shirt.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
 
“Why do you have to tell my family that we're going out?!” Kagome glared at Inuyasha. They were inside her bedroom, Kagome sitting on her bed and Inuyasha on her pink bean bag.
 
“Because I want them to trust me. Look Kagome, I want to do this right for you. I don't want you sneaking behind their backs just so you could be with me when I ask you to and I don't want them to find about the whole set-up later.” Inuyasha reasoned although truthfully he had wanted to see how Kagome's family would react if they know that their daughter, a Miko at that, is dating a hanyou. He was relieved with what he saw. Okay, I'm getting confused with what I really want.
 
“But it's going too far. We're not even in love!” Kagome looked grim.
 
“Do you want us to be in love?” Inuyasha asked. He looked around Kagome's pink bedroom with interest as his eyes traveled to the rows and rows of cds and the black Yamaha organ against one wall. She's into music, no wonder she has such a beautiful voice. Inuyasha smiled at the memory of Kagome singing in the park.
 
“Do you want me to cut your head off?” Kagome's voice cut through his musings as the girl smiled at him with an evil glint in her eye.
 
“Do you want to lose such a good-looking boyfriend?” Inuyasha replied as Kagome blushed.
 
“Pseudo-boyfriend!”
 
“Okay fine. Pseudo-boyfriend.”
 
“Are you enjoying taunting me Hirohito?”
 
“Not as much as you enjoy threatening me Higurashi.”
 
“Ohhhhh, witty. I like that in a boyfriend.”
 
“I'm glad you approve.” Inuyasha grinned.
 
“One more thing, Inuyasha.”
 
“What?” Inuyasha raised his brow when he saw Kagome blush fifty-eight shades of red.
 
“No touching, no kissing, no anything…”
 
“And I'm suppose to be your boyfriend, how are we going to get Kikyo jealous if we're kilometers apart?”
 
“Ok fine! Ask my permission first!”
 
“Can I kiss you now?” Inuyasha asked naughtily
 
“Sure, can I purify you later?” Kagome replied sweetly.
 
“You're very sweet, hon.”
 
“You too, baby.”
 
“Can we study now?” Kagome asked as she heaved her heavy chemistry book.
 
“Okay,”
 
“Should we have a clause that says, you should pay me ten million yen if I fail Chemistry since that would mean that you have not accomplished your end of the bargain?”
 
“Why not? But it should also include that you should pay me ten million yen if Kikyo fails to fall in love with me.”
 
“It's not my fault if you're not charming, Inuyasha.”
 
“I'm not? Such cruel words to tell your boyfriend.”
 
“Pseudo-boyfriend.”
 
“Fine, pseudo-boyfriend.”
 
“Should we tell Sango and Miroku?”
 
“Do you want them to know?”
 
“Of course, they're my friends.”
 
“Okay, anything for my honey.”
 
“Aww, baby you're so sweet.”
 
“Can we make out now?” Inuyasha teased as he plopped down on Kagome's bed.
 
THWACK!
 
“What was that for?”
 
“You're too male for me, Inuyasha!” Kagome replied as she bolted upright.
 
“I affect you like that?”
 
“Duh?”
 
“Come on tell!”
 
“Would you shut-up if I blast you to pieces?”
 
“You can't, your aura recognizes me.”
 
“Is that one of your stupid theories, Hirohito?”
 
“It's not a theory Higurashi, I've proven it when I found you at that park and your barrier let me in.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“Oh what?”
 
“What does it mean?” Kagome asked, frowning.
 
“I don't know.” Inuyasha replied truthfully, he too was confused about the whole barrier thing.
 
“Are you hungry?”
 
“Yes,”
 
“Let's eat, then.”
 
“I want ramen.”
 
“You hurt me baby, I thought you want me.” Kagome teased.
 
“Do you want me to want you, hon?”
 
“Nah, you want me already without me trying.” Kagome replied as they descended the stairs.
 
“You may be right.” Inuyasha said as Kagome looked at him and raised her brow.
 
“I may be crazy…” Kagome sang.
 
“But I just may be the lunatic you're looking for.” Inuyasha replied laughing.
 
“You're corny, major turn-off.” Kagome replied laughing.
 
“But you love me…”
 
“Sure Hirohito, I need you, I love you, Oh baby, oh baby…” Kagome recited blandly. Ten things I hate about you. “Marry me Heath Ledger.”
 
“Who's Heath Ledger? Inuyasha asked, his brow furrowing.
 
“My ex, but we're through now, don't worry. I'm all yours.” Kagome replied winking at him.
 
“You better be.” Inuyasha replied softly.
 
“What did you say?” Kagome asked as she turned to look at him.
 
“I'm hungry.”
 
“Fine!” Kagome shook her head as she jumped the last three steps.
 
What the hell is wrong with me?! Inuyasha thought as he watched Kagome land gracefully on the carpeted floor.
 
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Author's Note:
 
I would really appreciate feedbacks and reviews. To those who cared enough to leave me their reviews, I love you guys! Mwah!