InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Complexities of Fate ❯ Sun Kissed ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

CHAPTER 11: SUN KISSED
 
 
 
Kagome ran as fast as she could. She was afraid she'd blast someone off to another dimension. She was beyond pissed and her aura flared and crackled. She did not stop running even when she reached the school gate. She panted and winced at the stitch on her side.
 
“Running away, Miko?” Kagome spun around and saw Inuyasha's half-brother, Sesshoumaru, getting off from his motorcycle.
 
“Sesshoumaru.” Kagome bowed her head a little to show respect.
 
“Where's my baka of a half-brother?” Sesshoumaru asked as Kagome tried to catch her breath.
 
“Inside.” Kagome said as she watched Sesshoumaru take his helmet off.
 
“Don't you have classes, Miko?” Sesshoumaru asked tugging at his silver hair which was gathered in a low ponytail.
 
“I'm declaring today as my personal holiday.” Kagome grinned as she flipped her hair and adjusted her uniform.
 
“Oh, is that so?” Sesshoumaru asked, bestowing Kagome one of his rare smiles.
 
“Well, as much as I would like to entertain you and chat, I really have to go. I have to enjoy this holiday for the trouble that it would cause me later.” Kagome waved at Sesshoumaru and started to walk away.
 
“Wait!” Sesshoumaru called and Kagome spun around to face him.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Would you like to spend your holiday with me?” Sesshoumaru asked and Kagome raised her brow.
 
“Tempting but one Hirohito is enough.” Kagome jokily replied.
 
“Come on, Miko, where's your sense of adventure?”
 
“I'm smart, not adventurous.” Kagome replied and frowned when Sesshoumaru advanced towards her, Kagome held up her hand and the energy ball appeared.
 
“Interesting…” Sesshoumaru said as he stopped in front of Kagome. Kagome didn't budge and they both stared at each other, unflinching. Finally, Sesshoumaru sighed and raised both his hands in mock surrender. Kagome smiled and clenched her palm to extinguish the energy ball.
 
“Interesting indeed…” Kagome smiled and turned around to leave.
 
“Come with me.” Sesshoumaru said.
 
“Come where?” Kagome asked, mildly curious.
 
“Wherever the road takes us.”
 
“I'm fifteen and I really am not good girlfriend material plus eloping is not in my itinerary for today.” Kagome replied and Sesshoumaru barked out a laugh.
 
“Come, Kagome. Let's get to know each other well.” Sesshoumaru said.
 
“How well is well?” Kagome asked.
 
“Well enough to prevent you from throwing one of those energy balls at me.” Sesshoumaru replied as he gently placed the helmet in Kagome's head.
 
“Wait! I did not say yes.” Kagome retorted.
 
“You did not say no either.” Sesshoumaru replied.
 
“I'll behave. I know you're my brother's intended. No use in stirring more trouble in the family.” Sesshoumaru smiled engagingly as he helped Kagome straddle his motorcycle.
 
“Intended?” Kagome asked and held her breath when the motorcycle roared into life.
 
“Yes, intended.” Sesshoumaru replied as he turned his head to smile at her.
 
“Yeah right and the sun is no longer the center of the solar system.” Kagome replied and Sesshoumaru laughed.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
Kagome smiled when Sesshoumaru stopped at a mall's parking lot.
 
“Wherever the road would take us, huh?” Kagome joked as she got off the motorcycle and handed Sesshoumaru his helmet.
 
“Ah, we have to plan something grand for your next personal holiday but for now, let's make do with this.” Sesshoumaru replied looking at Kagome's dancing blue eyes.
 
“Okay,” Kagome replied tucking stay stands of her hair behind her ear.
 
“Arcade?” Sesshoumaru asked.
 
“Sure, race you to the entrance!” Kagome squealed and ran ahead of Sesshoumaru who shook his head and followed the exuberant teenager.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
“That's not fair!” Kagome complained as Sesshoumaru beat her for the nth time.
 
“What's not fair?” Sesshoumaru asked grinning.
 
“I think you major in Tekken. Are you sure you're a college student?” Kagome replied as she watched Sesshoumaru's character give hers a triple combo.
 
“Of course I am.” I'm a sophomore at Tokyo University.” Sesshoumaru retorted as he pressed five buttons in rapid succession and watch Kagome's character fly in the air.
 
“Arrgghhhh! Not fair! This is extortion!” Kagome sighed as she gave him another token. They were betting on game tokens and Kagome's supply was running low.
 
“Okay, Miko, I'll let you choose the next five games starting now.” Sesshoumaru replied and regretted what he said when he saw the evil glint in Kagome's eyes.
 
“Oh sure….” Kagome said as she walked ahead of Sesshoumaru. Sesshoumaru followed quietly and nearly winced when Kagome handed him a microphone.
 
“Let's see how you fare in singing.” Kagome taunted as she dropped a few tokens inside the videoke machine.
 
“I'll let you win, I'll back out.” Sesshoumaru started but Kagome threw him a dirty look.
 
“I don't remember backing out when you whipped my ass back there.” She calmly stated and Sesshoumaru sighed in defeat. Both he and Inuyasha had singing and dancing lessons when they were kids but he would rather let a train run over him repeatedly than tell anyone about this.
 
“Okay, your call.” He said and Kagome's face broke into a grin.
 
“Okay, same rule applies, the one with the higher score wins. Good luck.” Kagome announced with such solemnity that Sesshoumaru laughed.
 
Kagome chose the first song took a bow.
 
 
Go on, go on, leave me breathless
Come on
The daylight's fading slowly
But time with you is standing still
I'm waiting for you only
The slightest touch and I feel weak
 
 
Sesshopumaru smiled as Kagome danced around the videoke room making people stop and watch.
 
I cannot lie
From you I cannot hide
And I'm losing the will to try
Can't hide it (can't hide it)
Can't fight it (can't fight it)
 
 
So go on, go on, come on leave me breathless
Tempt me, tease me, until I can't deny
This lovin' feeling
Make me long for your kiss
 
 
Go on, go on, yeah
 
Come on
 
And if there's no tomorrow
And all we have is here and now
I'm happy just to have you
You're all the love I need somehow
 
 
It's like a dream
Although I'm not asleep
And I never want to wake up
Don't lose it (don't lose it)
Don't leave it (don't leave it)
 
 
So go on, go on, come on leave me breathless
Tempt me, tease me, until I can't deny
This lovin' feeling
Make me long for your kiss
Go on, go on, yeah
 
 
Come on
 
 
And I can't lie
From you I cannot hide
And I've lost my will to try
Can't hide it (can't hide it)
Can't fight it (can't fight it)
 
 
So go on, go on, come on leave me breathless
Tempt me, tease me, until I can't deny
This lovin' feeling
Make me long for your kiss
Go on, go on, come on leave me breathless
Go on, go on, come on leave me breathless
Go on, go on, come on leave me breathless
 
Go on, go on
 
 
Sesshoumaru clapped loudly as Kagome took a bow. They both waited for Kagome's score and Kagome grinned like a cat when 99 flashed on the screen.
 
“Look, Kagome. I'll give you all of my tokens, just don't make me sing.” Sesshoumaru tried to plead but Kagome just stared at him. Sighing Sesshoumaru took the microphone…
 
“Prepare to be blown away…” Sesshoumaru announced and Kagome raised her brow.
 
“Oh, I'm scared…” Kagome replied grinning and listened to Sesshoumaru sing Usher's Confession.
 
 
Watch this...


These are my confessions
Just when I thought I said all I can say
My chick on the side said she got one on the way
These are my confessions
Man I'm throwed and I dont know what to do
I guess I gotta give you part 2 of my confessions
If I'm gonna tell it then I gotta tell it all
Damn near cried when I got that phone call
I'm so throwed and I don't know what to do
But to give you part 2 of my confessions


Now this gon' be the hardest thing I think I ever had to do
Got me talkin' to myself askin' how I'm gon' tell you
'bout that chick on part 1 I told ya'll I was creepin' with, creepin' with
Said she's 3 months pregnant and she's keepin' it
The first thing that came to mind was you
Second thing was how do I know if it's mine and is it true
Third thing was me wishin' that I never did what I did
How I ain't ready for no kid and bye bye to our relationship


These are my confessions
Just when I thought I said all I can say
My chick on the side said she got one on the way
These are my confessions
Man I'm throwed and I don't know what to do
I guess I gotta give you part 2 of my confessions
If I'm gonna tell it then I gotta tell it all
Damn near cried when I got that phone call
I'm so throwed and I don't know what to do
But to give you part 2 of my confessions


See when this stuff goes through be tryna figure out
When, what, and how I'mma let this come out of my mouth
Said it ain't gon' be easy
But I need to stop thinkin', contemplatin'
Be a man and get it over with (over with)
I'm ridin' in my whip
Racin' to her place
Talkin' to myself
Preparin' to tell her to her face
She open up the door and didn't want to come near me
I said why ? baby?
Please hear me


These are my confessions
Just when I thought I said all I can say
My chick on the side said she got one on the way
These are my confessions
Man I'm throwed and I don't know what to do
I guess I gotta give you part 2 of my confessions
If I'm gonna tell it then I gotta tell it all
Damn near cried when I got that phone call
I'm so throwed and I don't know what to do
But to give you part 2 of my confessions


This by far is the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do
To tell you, the woman I love
That I'm having a baby by a woman that I barely even know
I hope you can accept the fact that I'm man enough to tell you this
And hopefully you'll give me another chance
This ain't about my career
This ain't about my life
It's about us
Please


These are my confessions
Just when I thought I said all I can say
My chick on the side said she got one on the way
These are my confessions
Man I'm throwed and I don't know what to do
I guess I gotta give you part 2 of my confessions
If I'm gonna tell it then I gotta tell it all
Damn near cried when I got that phone call
I'm so throwed and I don't know what to do
But to give you part 2 of my confessions
 
 
“That was sad…” Kagome commented when the song finished.
 
“Sad?” Sesshoumaru asked forgetting that they were placing bets.
 
“Yes, loving someone and being tied to someone else.” Kagome replied.
 
“That's reality.” Sesshoumaru smiled gently at Kagome who had grown forlorn.
 
“Come on, it's just a song. What about we watch a movie to cap your personal holiday?” Sesshoumaru said.
 
“Are you paying?” Kagome replied grinning.
 
“Yes,” Sesshoumaru replied with a mock-sigh.
 
“Ice Age 2!” Kagome said as she pulled Sesshoumaru towards the cinema.
 
“Ice Age 2? It's for kids.” Sesshoumaru groaned when they saw kids lining up at the ticket booth.
 
“I'm a kid and it's my personal holiday…please….aniki?” Sesshoumaru laughed as Kagome turned puppy-eyed on him.
 
“Are you sure you're fifteen? You're too scheming to be only fifteen.” Sesshoumaru said as he paid for their tickets.
 
“I am fifteen, I'm just too charming for my age but I'm only fifteen…really.” Kagome enthused as Sesshoumaru handed her popcorns and sodas.
 
“Okay, if that's what you say.”
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Sesshoumaru had to agree that the movie was fun. Kagome's laugh was infectious and he found himself enjoying the movie and her laugh. Kagome was very animated, gasping and laughing at the right moments, he even failed to notice the annoying kids mimicking the characters' lines around them.
 
“That was fun!” Kagome commented as they exited the cinema.
 
“Yes, it was.” Sesshoumaru agreed. They walked in companionable silence towards the parking lot and Sesshoumaru gently put his helmet on Kagome's head.
 
“Okay, where to?” Kagome asked as she rode the motorcycle.
 
“Just one more place and I'm taking you home. Sesshoumaru smiled at the young girl.
 
“Okay, but can we eat first, I'm hungry.” Kagome asked.
 
“You'll love this place I'm taking you next then.” Sesshoumaru smiled as they zoomed in his motorcycle.
 
“Sesshoumaru, why are you being nice?” Kagome asked suddenly.
 
“I am not being nice.” Sesshoumaru said. “I really am nice.”
 
“But Inuyasha said….” Kagome started and closed her mouth.
 
“What did Inuyasha say?”
 
“Nothing.”
 
“Come on, Kagome we both know Inuyasha has some bone to settle with me or at least that's how he feels.” Sesshoumaru said as he stopped the motorcycle and helped Kagome off it.
 
“Wow….” Kagome said as she took her helmet off.
 
“I'm glad you like it.” Sesshoumaru said seeing the enraptured expression on Kagome's face.
 
“I didn't know a place like this exists.” Kagome said smiling at Sesshoumaru. They were in front of a small diner called “Sun Kissed” and what's thoroughly breath-taking about the place is the location. Housed on top of a hill, one can watch the sunset while munching on fries and burgers or feasting on salad, taco and pizza.
 
“I come here often when I was in high school and I make it a point to visit every time I'm home for the break.” Sesshoumaru explained and smiled at a plump, red-haired waitress who approached their table.
 
“Sesshoumaru, I see you found yourself a girlfriend.” The waitress teased as she took her notebook out from under her apron.
 
“Hello, Therese. This is Kagome.” Sesshoumaru replied ignoring the girlfriend comment.
 
“Pretty lady.” Therese the waitress smiled at Kagome indulgingly. “Are you having the usual?” Therese asked.
 
“Yes, please.” Sesshoumaru replied.
 
“And the lady?” Therese asked as Kagome browsed the menu.
 
“I'm having whatever aniki is having.” Kagome said and the waitress smiled not missing how the girl intentionally called Sesshoumaru `big brother.'
 
“I see, you're too young to be his girlfriend anyway but you two look good together.” Therese chatted amiably.
 
“Thank you.” Kagome replied and raised her brow when she saw Sesshoumaru's amused expression.
 
“What?” Kagome asked.
 
“Nothing.” Sesshoumaru replied.
 
“Ummmmm….” Kagome pursed her lips as she tried to phrase a question that's been bothering her since the night she met Sesshoumaru.
 
“What do you want to ask me, Kagome?” Sesshoumaru asked as he watched the girl struggle internally.
 
“What's the deal between you and Inuyasha? Why does he despise you?” Kagome finally blurted out and Sesshoumaru sighed.
 
“My mother died when I was three, two years after Dad married Inuyasha's mother who was already pregnant with him then. To say that I was resentful was putting it mildly and I was a brat towards Inuyasha and his mother. I could not accept that my mother was easily replaced, I wasn't even through grieving her but Auntie Izza was patient with me. Inuyasha was another matter, he could sense my dislike for him and he retaliated by hating me back. Things weren't good between us but it got worst when Kikyo came to the picture.” Sesshoumaru said and smiled at Therese as she put their taco salad and pizza in front of them.
 
“Enjoy you two.” Therese called cheerily and left their table.
 
“So, as I was saying, Inuyasha felt that I was not too fond of him so he did everything to piss me off. I think he got kicks seeing me glare at him but when he was ten and I was fifteen, Kikyo's family moved across our manor and to say that Inuyasha was totally smitten would be the understatement of the century.” Sesshoumaru smiled at the memory.
 
“He even forgot about pissing me off, instead he would follow her around. I could not blame him, Kikyo is pretty.” Sesshoumaru relayed and laughed a little when Kagome snorted.
 
“You don't find her pretty?” Sesshoumaru asked the girl, raising his brow.
 
“She's too evil for the category.” Kagome retorted earning another laugh from Sesshoumaru.
 
“But Inuyasha was too infatuated to see this and his dislike for me grew tenfold when Kikyo showed interest in me, dropping by the house to talk to me wearing skimpy shorts and almost see-through blouses. I never did return her affection though at that time I found it rather amusing.”
 
“I bet.” Kagome commented.
 
“Well when Kikyo turned fourteen, she managed to catch me alone at home one night while Inuyasha was late coming home because of baseball practice and our parents were off to a party.”
 
“Ewww, stop.” Kagome wrinkled her nose.
 
“Why?” Sesshoumaru asked the girl before him.
 
“I don't think I want to hear yours and Kikyo's gory sex details.” Kagome replied as she chewed on her pizza.
 
“We did not. But we almost did had not Inuyasha barged in.” Sesshoumaru said as he took a bite from his pizza.
 
“He walked in on you?! Yikes!” Kagome felt like gagging on her pizza.
 
“That he did. It wasn't pretty.”
 
“You almost did it with her? Eww….”
 
“I was a teenager, Kagome. A healthy male with healthy hormones.”
 
“Men and hormones. It's a miracle Inuyasha did not kill you.”
 
“Almost, but I'm a full demon and therefore stronger than him besides, he was younger.” Sesshoumaru said.
 
“Why are you telling me this, Sesshoumaru?” Kagome asked rubbing the bridge of her nose.
 
“Because I want you to understand.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Why not?” Sesshoumaru teased.
 
“Because,” Kagome replied smiling.
 
“You're quick.” Sesshoumaru praised.
 
“Thanks.”
 
“Are you in love with Inuyasha?” Sesshoumaru asked suddenly and Kagome spat her soda out sprinkling it on Sesshoumaru's jacket.
 
“What?!” Kagome yelled.
 
“Are you?” Sesshoumaru asked again as he wiped the liquid off his black leather jacket.
 
“Why are you asking me this?” Kagome inquired.
 
“Because I need to know…”
 
“Why?” Kagome asked again.
 
“Because.” Sesshoumaru replied smiling as he signaled for their bill.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~