InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Complexities of Fate ❯ Moonlight Promises ( Chapter 28 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Guys, if you've read this before it's updated…umm…read again….I added some very important lines…thanks!
 
 
 
Portia: My friend, I did not abandon you, I merely attended a wedding…here's the update. Enjoy!
 
Ryo-Tuesdale: I have big plans for this story…you will love it…I hope…
 
0oStandinOuto0: Here's the fluff…hmmm… I hope this is fluffy enough?
 
Rainydays: Kagome and Inuyasha's love story is super extraordinary….I wish mine is as exciting. Hahahaha!
 
LadyWolf: I'm so sorry for not being able to call!!! I am researching our time differences so I won't wake you up in the middle of the night just to say `hello.' Hehehehe! I just got back from my cousin's wedding and I was bawling my heart out I felt stupid after. I'm so excited to talk to you, I've got so much to tell…and I know you have so much to tell me too. ^_^
 
inukaggrrl06: This chapter had me crying….hmmm….I hope you're up for another bout of tears? Hehehe. I'll email you later!
 
AngelsRebellion: Hehehehe! I'm sorry…talk to me already! I promise this will get better! I hope this chapter will make up for…your..ahem…sadness?
 
Meru: You're right, girl. Men are scums…but not everyone…I mean Inuyasha is good enough to eat and Sesshoumaru's a god…what more could we ask for?
 
TrinityK: Oh, I'm so sorry for posting this late, I hope you'll enjoy this. I know men are way beyond fickle-minded, they're fickle…without minds….some of them are okay though…tsk! I'm sounding bitter…
 
Elenecala: You'll absolutely love the twists…I hope….*bites nails*
 
Ochamiko: Thank you so much for leaving a review! Here's the update. Thanks for reading my story, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter too.
 
BiggestInuyashaFANever: Here's the update…I know, I know…I'm evil for throwing them apart…sorry…*puppy eyes again*
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER 28:MOONLIGHT PROMISES
 
 
 
 
Mrs. Higurashi looked at Inuyasha, quietly sleeping in Kagome's bed. She felt tears fell from her eyes and she hastily wiped them away. She and Souta went home, leaving Kagome's grandfather to look after her so Souta may still attend his classes. She had intended to clean Kagome's bedroom after Souta left for school and saw Inuyasha inside, sleeping.
 
“Inuyasha…” Mrs. Higurashi called softly.
 
“Inuyasha…” She called again, this time touching the boy's shoulder. Inuyasha bolted upright and swallowed when he saw Mrs. Higurashi.
 
“I'm so sorry…I….I got through the window….” Inuyasha tried to explain and Mrs. Higurashi smiled fondly.
 
“I know you've been sleeping in my daughter's bedroom for almost three months now Inuyasha. I also know that you and Kagome are…are…ma-…..are together.”
 
“Are you mad?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Why should I be?”
 
“Because we did not tell you?”
 
“Inuyasha, it's funny how you and Kagome tried to hide it but your efforts are futile because it shows…It shows when you unconsciously touch each others hands. It shows when you look at her and your face would light up. It shows when my daughter would smile at anything that you say…”
 
“I miss her terribly…”
 
“I know and I know what your parents asked of you…”
 
“I would die if she's not near…”
 
“And she would too that's why I'm asking you to be strong for the both you…”
 
“I'll try…”
 
“Inuyasha, the heart is a fragile thing and forgive me but at first I thought yours and Kagome's relationship is not this serious but when your mother called….I was blown away. My daughter is just a child…”
 
“I'm sorry…”
 
“No, don't get me wrong. You make my Kagome happy and for that I'm thankful. The universe can't be blamed for people falling in love…yours and Kagome just came early.” Mrs. Higurashi smiled as she took Inuyasha's hand.
 
“I'll be gone for two years, please take care of her and ask her to wait for me…”
 
“Why don't you tell her that yourself? She has finally woken up.” Mrs. Higurashi said and Inuyasha dashed out of the bedroom.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
“Inuyasha, why don't you come in?” Kagome said smiling softly when she felt Inuyasha outside her door. Sango and Miroku said quiet goodbyes to Kagome to give the couple space.
 
“Get inside she's been waiting for you…” Miroku whispered as he passed by Inuyasha. Sango smiled encouragingly.
 
“I can sense you, baka.” Kagome said when he sat on the chair beside her bed.
 
“I don't know what to say…” Inuyasha said as he looked at the bandages on Kagome's arms.
 
“Then don't say anything…”
 
“Kagome…”
 
“I'm just glad you came back…” Kagome said sobbing softly and Inuyasha sprang to his feet to hold her.
 
“I'm sorry…”
 
“You scared me, I thought I wont be able to call you back….” Kagome said crying on his chest.
 
“You'll always be able to call me back and my heart will listen to you…”
 
“But it took so long….”
 
“Honey…”
 
“Don't ever scare me like that again, I was so afraid I was going to lose you…”
 
“I'll never leave you…”
 
“Don't….not even for a second.”
 
“Kagome…”
 
“I thought you don't know what to say…” Kagome jested as she wiped her tears off her eyes.
 
“I see you're feeling well already…” Inuyasha replied as he sat on the edge of Kagome's bed.
 
“I was not ill…just broken-hearted…”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because I couldn't seem to reach you…”
 
“Kagome, even when I transform, I always know it's you…”
 
“Are your hands okay?” Kagome asked as she grabbed Inuyasha's hands.
 
“They are…”
 
“They got burned…”
 
“Youkai healing abilities.” Inuyasha replied as he stared at her, head bowed as she gently touched his hands.
 
“What other abilities do you have?” Kagome asked as she grinned at him.
 
“I'm rather good at loving you…”
 
“I mean aside from that…” Kagome teased.
 
“That's all I need to have…”
 
“Awww, my baby is still corny…” Kagome said and was surprised when Inuyasha hugged her tightly.
 
“Promise me you won't forget…”
 
“Huh?” Kagome tried to lean away to look at his face.
 
“Promise me you won't forget me…”
 
“Why would I?”
 
“Just promise me…”
 
“Inuyasha, what's wrong? You're scaring me.”
 
“Just promise me, Kagome.”
 
“I won't forget you…” Kagome said, her heartbeat sounding like thunder in her ears. “Baby, what's wrong?”
 
“Nothing…” Inuyasha replied finally letting her go.
 
“Inuyasha, what is it?”
 
“I promise I won't ever forget you. I promise I will love you till the day I die. I promise I'll come back for you…” Inuyasha said and Kagome started crying.
 
“Where are you going? Are you leaving me?” Kagome demanded, sobs wracking her body.
 
“I'm going away for a while…”
 
“Where? I'll go with you.”
 
“You can't, I wish…”
 
“What do you mean I can't?! I want to go with you! Why the hell are you leaving me?!” Kagome's asked, her voice rising hysterically.
 
“Hon…”
 
“You promised, you promised you won't leave me…ever.”
 
“I did…”
 
“So, are you going back on your word?”
 
“I'm not. Kagome, listen. I'm sorry I suddenly blurted it out when you've just recovered but I can't help it, you have to know so we will be prepared.”
 
“Stop going in circles dammit!! Tell me what the hell is wrong!!” Kagome yelled.
 
“I'm being sent to London for training. Dad said the reason why I transform is because I'm not strong so my youkai surfaces every time I'm threatened.
 
“But you said I'm always able to call you back…you said you'll always come back to me…”
 
“Kagome, I nearly killed you…”
 
“But I'm talking to you now, dammit! I'm alive!”
 
“Yes and I'm glad that you are but I can't afford to…” Inuyasha sighed. “I thought I was going to lose you, I cannot afford close brushes such as this…”
 
“You should have killed me if you plan on leaving like this…”
 
“Kagome…”
 
“I will die without you, can't you see that? Make them see that…”
 
“I'll be back in two years…”
 
“Two years?!” Kagome bolted upright pushing Inuyasha off her bed. “Two years?! A lot could happen in two years!”
 
“Honey, don't be mad….I'll train faster, I'll do better…”
 
“Two years?” Kagome asked in disbelief as she clutched her blanket to her chest.
 
“Kagome, please…”
 
“Leave now…” Kagome whispered.
 
“Honey, don't, please….not like this…”
 
“Leave now, please…I want to be alone first…”
 
“Kagome…”
 
“Just give me two hours in exchange for the two years…” Kagome said as she lay back down on her bed.
 
“I don't want to leave you…”
 
“Let's talk after two hours…”
 
“Kagome…”
 
“Please, Inuyasha I need time to let things sink in. After two hours, I'll be more rational. I'll be less bitchy, I'll be better. So please….just two hours.” Kagome pleaded averting her face. Inuyasha sighed and got up.
 
“I'll be back here in one and a half hours…”
 
“Okay but go straight to the shrine. I'm going home tonight.”
 
“Kagome…”
 
“Please, I'll wait for you in my room…be there.” Kagome said and Inuyasha walked towards the door to leave.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Mrs. Higurashi kept on glancing at her daughter as she drove the family's car towards the shrine. Kagome had been adamant to go home telling doctors that she's feeling better and peeled off her bandages to show perfectly healed wounds with only reddish, thin scars visible.
 
“Youkai healing abilities.” Kagome had whispered when the nurses and doctor looked at her in confusion.
 
“Kagome, are you okay?” Mrs. Higurashi asked her daughter tentatively.
 
“He's leaving, Mama.” Kagome said and tears rolled down her cheeks.
 
“I know…”
 
“I can't….not without him.”
 
“Kagome, listen to me as I tell you the Inuyasha's story….” Mrs. Higurashi said as she told her daughter what Mrs. Hirohito told her…
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
 
Kagome brushed her wet locks as she sat on her bed wearing her pink robe. Her heart broke at what her mother told her. She had cried brokenly as she sat on her bath tub, willing the lukewarm water to wash away her pain. We don't have a choice, how cruel of fate to not leave us a choice… Kagome thought and straightened when she felt Inuyasha.
 
“The latch is open…” Kagome said staring at her pink bedroom slippers and Inuyasha slid the glass pane slowly and let himself in.
 
“Hi…” Inuyasha said as he sat on Kagome's pink bean bag.
 
“Why so far away, sit beside me.” Kagome told Inuyasha as she smiled hollowly - her heart shattered, her soul broken. Inuyasha rose up and sat beside Kagome on her bed.
 
“Kagome…”
 
“Inuyasha,” Kagome cut him off, “I'll wait for you even if it takes forever.”
 
“Hon…”
 
“I'm yours as you are mine…” Kagome said as she cupped Inuyasha's face.
 
“I'm yours as you are mine…” Inuyasha repeated kissing her palms gently.
 
“I know they will try to break the bond because it is said that mates die when they're separated…”Kagome said smiling bravely at him even when tears raced down her cheeks.
 
“Kagome…” Inuyasha said, a lump forming in his throat. He had known that his parents will break the bond and he had pleaded with them to take Kagome with him but the council wouldn't hear it, for them Kagome will only be a distraction, a distraction which could cause Inuyasha his life.
 
“Promise me you'll come back to me…” Kagome said as she slightly stood up to unknot the robe and let in fall in a crumpled heap by the floor.
 
“I promise…” Inuyasha said as he reached out to her, pulling her gently towards him.
 
“Promise me there'll be no other…” Kagome said, as alone tear trek from her chin down the valley of her breast.
 
“I promise…” Inuyasha said as Kagome's hands helped him take off his shirt. Inuyasha pushed Kagome gently on the bed to stand up to discard the rest of his clothing. He covered Kagome's nakedness with his as he gently kissed her lips. She hungrily kissed him back and opened her mouth when his tongue begged for entrance.
 
“Promise me that even when the bond is broken and we wouldn't remember any of these, you'll find me…” Kagome whispered snaking her arms around his neck as Inuyasha kissed her neck. She arched her back off the bed when he sucked and lapped on the red mark branding her as his.
 
“I promise.” Inuyasha whispered back. “I promise to always look for you, I promise that even when my mind does not remember, my heart will…” Inuyasha replied as he looked at Kagome's eyes which are misty with tears.
 
“I promise to wait for you and love no other…” Kagome smiled tearfully as she opened her legs wider, cradling Inuyasha's warmth fully. Inuyasha's hand traveled to her breast and she moaned uncontrollably when his tongue traced dizzying circles on her flesh.
 
“Only with you and no one else….” Inuyasha rasped as he felt Kagome melt in his arms. He rocked forward slightly and almost came undone when he felt her slippery folds parted a little to tease his manhood.
 
“Only with you and no one else…” Kagome moaned when she felt Inuyasha reach down, his length probing her entrance slickly.
 
“You are mine, Kagome…” Inuyasha whispered brokenly as he slid smoothly inside Kagome's warmth. They lay still for a second staring at each other's eyes, both bursting with an unnamed emotion stronger than they let themselves believe.
 
“I am always yours, Inuyasha…” Kagome moaned softly, closing her eyes as Inuyasha started to move inside her. She bent her knees instinctively and his breathing snagged when he felt himself snuggle closer inside her.
 
Kagome moved languidly to meet his thrusts, never taking her eyes off his. She vowed to remember how his golden gaze darkens every time she moves her hips to meet his. She vowed to remember how his breathing sounds as he quickened their pace. She vowed to remember how much she loves the man filling her completely, making her quiver with need.
 
“I chose you and I will choose you over all others everyday for the rest of my life…” Inuyasha said as he felt Kagome slid her hands off his neck to rest on his hips pulling him to her closer than what's possible. His mouth opened in a silent scream as she bit her lips, both careening closer to the edge. Inuyasha drove harder and Kagome matched him thrust for thrust.
 
“I love you…” Kagome whispered as she shattered beneath him.
 
“I love you…” Inuyasha whispered back before kissing her mouth swallowing her scream.
 
Mine. Inuyasha thought, his eyes turning red.
 
“Yours.” Kagome replied quietly as she hugged him to her. “Yours and no one else's.” Kagome whispered soothingly and Inuyasha shuddered his release.
 
“I promise I'll find you, mate.” Inuyasha whispered.
 
“And I promise, my heart will know you at first sight….” Kagome replied, holding Inuyasha's hand in hers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
 
Author's Note:
 
 
Ah, I am soooo proud of this chapter….