InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Complexities of Fate ❯ Resolution ( Chapter 42 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Guys, I was banned from my computer because I was sick so I wasn't able to update...Don't worry, I'm okay now. Thanks for all the reviews…I feel so loved… MWAH!
 
 
~aryanna~
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER 42:RESOLUTION
 
 
 
Inuyasha watched Kagome empty the grocery bags on the kitchen counter. She did not even show a sign that she saw him as she worked quickly.
 
“Kagome…” Inuyasha called and Kagome ignored him.
 
“I'm sorry…” He said but Kagome continued as if he does not exist.
 
“I'm going…” Inuyasha finally said and sighed when Kagome acted as if she didn't see or hear anything.
 
Kagome slowly emptied the shrimp into a bowl and she waited for Inuyasha's footsteps to recede. Slowly, she turned the faucet off and followed Inuyasha to the door, locking it securely after he left. Enough of self pity Kagome. If it's meant to be then it is. She thought as she walked back to the kitchen.
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
“Sango!” Kagome yelled when she opened the door at twenty minutes past six in the evening.
 
“Kagome!” Sango shrieked and hugged her friend. “It's been a while.” She said grinning.
 
“Hi, beautiful…” Miroku said smoothly and both girls rolled their eyes.
 
“Miroku, still the same old lecher…” Kagome replied grinning as she let Miroku hug her.
 
“Aww, Kagome I'm so hurt…” Miroku said clutching his chest as Kagome stepped aside to let the couple in.
 
“I would believe you if I don't know you, Miroku.” Kagome replied and they all laughed.
 
“So….” Sango said looking around the big room.
 
“So…what?” Kagome asked.
 
“Where's that hunk?” Sango whispered and Miroku raised his brow.
 
“I'm right here, dear.” He said wrapping his arm around Sango.
 
“I said hunk, not lech…” Sango replied rolling her eyes.
 
“Lech? I was just God last night and now I'm a lech?”
 
“Quit it.” Sango elbowed her husband and Kagome laughed.
 
“You haven't changed at all, Miroku is still a lecher and you're still violent, Sango.”
 
“That's how we show our love…” Miroku quipped seriously as they followed Kagome to the kitchen.
 
“It took me five hours to prepare these so you'd better enjoy…” Kagome said as she raised jokingly a knife towards the couple.
 
“We will try to be nice, Kagome.” Sango said as she sat next to her husband.
 
 
The meal was pleasant as the group kept a light conversation all through out dinner. They did not notice how the time went as they exchanged jokes and stories about each other.
 
“I told him that the next time he leaves his briefs inside the bathroom, I'm going to feed it to him!” Sango said looking at Miroku with feigned disgust.
 
“See how cruel your friend is, Kagome? She's lucky she has me for a husband…loving, patient, caring…”
 
“Perennial playboy, lecher…” Sango continued rolling her eyes and Kagome laughed with them.
 
“You're a joy to watch.” She said as she stood up to refill their glasses with fresh orange juice. Kagome's back stiffened when she heard the door open. She smiled at her friends and sat on her chair.
 
“Well…well…well…who do we have here?” Sango asked raising her brow.
 
“Sango, Miroku, this is my roommate, Hirohito Inuyasha.” Kagome said without looking at Inuyasha.
 
“Hi,” Inuyasha said and Miroku stood up to shake Inuyasha's hand.
 
“Come join us.” Miroku offered and Inuyasha looked at Kagome hesitantly.
 
“No, I already had dinner.” He said but Sango stopped him.
 
“Come on, you should taste Kagome's Gyoza and Ha Kao, they're the best in the universe.” Sango smiled and kicked Kagome's foot underneath the table. Kagome sighed and looked at Inuyasha, a fake smile plastered on her face.
 
“Sit and eat with us, Inuyasha.” She said motioning to the chair next to her. Inuyasha took the chair out and sat, smiling tentatively at Sango.
 
“Eat…” Sango offered as she offered the plate of dimsum to the hanyou.
 
“I didn't know you and Kagome are friends…” Inuyasha told his former classmates.
 
“Hmm…” Miroku said looking at Inuyasha and Kagome. Kagome caught Miroku's eye and she frowned. Okay, does Miroku remember too?
 
“Small world, isn't it?” Sango said smiling.
 
“Hmm…” Miroku said as he stared at Kagome's bowed head. “So Inuyasha, how are you?” He asked.
 
“Great.” Inuyasha answered.
 
“Good. If I remembered correctly, you weren't exactly feeling great when you left Japan.” Miroku commented and Kagome's head snapped in his direction.
 
“More juice, Miroku?” Kagome offered.
 
“It's okay, Kagome. I'll be a good wife and refill his glass for him…” Sango said as she stood up to refill Miroku's glass.
 
“And you Kagome, how are you holding up?” Miroku asked the raven-haired Miko and Kagome shook her head at him.
 
“Don't, Miroku…” Kagome said and Miroku sighed.
 
“I respect that my friend.” He answered as he took a sip from his glass. Sango looked at Kagome then Miroku and finally Inuyasha.
 
“Hey, what did I miss?” She asked and Kagome smiled at her friend.
 
“Tell us again Sango how your Dad married you off so quickly?” Kagome asked changing the topic abruptly.
 
“Pure charm on my part…” Miroku said laughing as Sango bopped him on the head.
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
“Thank you.” Kagome said as Miroku helped her with the dishes.
 
“Why not tell him, Kagome?”
 
“He'll remember on his own…”
 
“What if he doesn't?”
 
“Then I am a greater fool…” Kagome replied.
 
“Are you scared he wouldn't believe you?” Miroku asked.
 
“No, I'm afraid he'll remember and realize that he does not feel the same…”
 
“What if he does?”
 
“What if he doesn't?”
 
“Kagome…”
 
“Miroku, he's near me but I couldn't feel the same closeness we shared before. Already he's dating and running to Kikyo…”
 
“Kikyo?”
 
“Yes, he's from a date with her…”
 
“And you'd rather turn a blind eye on everything, Kagome for fear of being rejected in the end?”
 
“No, that's not what I wanted. I want to give both of us a chance. We were young when we decided to take the leap so to speak and may be that was a wrong thing to do…”
 
“Do you really think so?”
 
“No Miroku, I don't think so and I would gladly undergo the same thing for us but feeding the past forcefully to him wouldn't help us now…”
 
“I don't know, Kagome…”
 
“If you were in his place, would you believe me if I tell you we knew each other two years ago and we're actually life mates?”
 
“Yes, Kagome. Becuae if it were me, I wouldn't forget…” Miroku said and Kagome looked at him with sad eyes.
 
“Easy for you to say…”
 
“Not easy but possible. Come on, what if he remembers too and he's waiting for you to say something?”
 
“Knowing Inuyasha, if he remembers, I would be flat on my back before I could say `hi.'
 
“Yeah…knowing Inuyasha…” Miroku replied grinning.
 
“Yep…that's Inuyasha…” Kagome replied, her smile sad.
 
“So, what's your plan?” Miroku asked after they wiped the plates dry.
 
“Enjoy everything as they come…” Kagome replied.
 
“Good enough plan for me…”
 
“You think so?” Kagome teased.
 
“I think so…enjoy, you're young and beautiful…”
 
“Miroku, you're married to my best friend!” Kagome said rolling her eyes.
 
“What did I say?” Miroku asked raising both his hands.
 
“I heard that…” Sango said hugging her husband from behind.
 
“You should probably put a leash around Miroku's neck, Sango…” Kagome kidded.
 
“No need Kags, I got him wrapped around my dainty, little fingers…” Sango replied winking as she squeezed Miroku's butt…
 
“And you girls call me a lecher…” Miroku replied sighing.
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
“Don't you remember him, Sango?” Miroku asked when they were driving home.
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
“Yes…”
 
“Of course I remember him, he went to Midoriko High too just like us…”
 
“Aside from that…”
 
“Miroku, we weren't close with him…”
 
“We were, Sango…”
 
“No, we weren't…”
 
“We were…he and Kagome were mated, remember?”
 
“I don't…but Kagome told me the same thing.”
 
“Don't you remember undergoing a ritual prepared by Principal Kaede?”
 
“No…this is insane…” Sango said massaging her temple.
 
“It's not…I don't know what triggered my memory but everything came back as soon as I saw Inuyasha sat down beside Kagome…”
 
“Why don't I remember it then?”
 
“May be memories are triggered by different circumstances…” Miroku reasoned as he pondered on Kagome's situation thoughtfully.
 
“How unfair for her to remember…” Sango said.
 
“Their story is unique Sango, so we can't judge.”
 
“Of course it's unique, how can you be married or mated to someone who doesn't remember?!”
 
“No, not like that…they were both devastated so its not as one sided as it seems now…Inuyasha was broken-hearted too…come to think of it, he told me before he left that he'd fight the effects of being separated from his mate rather than let them go through this whole business of forgetting…”
 
“I wish I could do more for Kagome…”
 
“Talk to her…she shouldn't give up on Inuyasha…it would be the greatest waste of their lives…”
 
“I'll try but that guy was dating some frigid bitch now according to Kagome…”
 
“Dating but not married to…true love shouldn't be ignored just because of some frigid bitch…”
 
“Aww, Miroku that's just so sweet…” Sango cooed as her hand moved up Miroku's thigh.
 
“Sango…couldn't you wait…until we get home?” Miroku moaned as Sango continued to caress him.
 
“What? And miss all the fun….where's your sense of adventure?” Sango said smiling evilly at her husband.
 
“It's still here, believe me…” Miroku replied as he made a u-turn.
 
“Where are we going?” Sango inquired.
 
“I saw a park way back…come on, where's your sense of adventure…” Miroku taunted and Sango laughed.
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
“Kagome….” Inuyasha called softly as he knocked on Kagome's door.
 
“Yes?” Kagome replied as she opened her door a little. She was wearing her pink bathrobe with a pink towel wrapped around her head.
 
“Can we talk?”
 
“Can't it wait till tomorrow…I'm a little tired.”
 
“No, it can't…let's talk now.” Inuyasha sighed and Kagome opened her door wider to let Inuyasha in.
 
“What do you want to talk about?” Kagome asked opting to sit on her gray, computer chair as Inuyasha sat on her bed.
 
“I'm sorry…” Inuyasha said and Kagome played with the white paper clip she found near her mouse pad.
 
“It's okay…” Kagome replied.
 
“I mean it.”
 
“I know.”
 
“Am I forgiven then?”
 
“No,”
 
“What do you want me to do?”
 
“Nothing, Inuyasha. Let's just let it pass, I'll get over it, you'll get over it and we'll wake up one morning realizing we're not as awkward as we are now…”
 
“I can't wait that long…”
 
“You don't have a choice…”
 
“What did I do to irk you this much?”
 
“Do you want me to enumerate? I hope not for it would take us the whole morning.” Kagome replied.
 
“I know I was a jerk but…”
 
“But I'd rather that we leave each other alone first…to think…” Kagome finished his sentence for him.
 
“Look, I'm really sorry…”
 
“I'm sorry too…for all that's been said and done…”
 
“You're forgiven.”
 
“Thank you…I hope my heart is as big as yours…” Kagome said with a little sarcasm.
 
“How's your wound?” Inuyasha asked, gazing at the band aid on Kagome's forehead.
 
“I'll live,” Kagome replied as she patted her bangs to cover it.
 
“Kagome…”
 
“Look, Inuyasha…I'm human, I bleed, my heart breaks, I get hurt, I get offended and you sitting there on my bed apologizing does not make it easier for me to forgive you. I could tell you you're forgiven but I'd be lying because every time I see you, I'd be hearing again what you told me, I'd be wincing again at the pain of what you said. This superficial wound on forehead is nothing but the scar you left in my heart is something I couldn't forgive you easily for…”
 
“Do you want me to leave and look for an apartment so you wouldn't remember what I said?” Inuyasha asked, his heart breaking at the thought of being far from her.
 
“Do whatever you want…life is about making choices. I chose to feel what I feel now…I would give you that same freedom…”
 
“You hurt me too, Kagome.”
 
“Yes I did and I'm not going to say that you hurt me more because I don't really know how and what you feel…”
 
“But I forgave you easily…”
 
“We are not the same, Inuyasha…I don't forgive nor forget easily….” Kagome said smiling sadly at him.
 
“Is this what you want for us?”
 
“Yes…”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“Very…”
 
“How will I know you've already forgiven me?”
 
“I'll come to you and I'll let you come to me…” Kagome replied as she walked to the door and opened it signaling for Inuyasha to leave.
 
“I'll come to you, Kagome…”
 
“Till then Inuyasha, I'll be waiting…” She replied as she closed the door behind him.
 
 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Author's Note:
 
 
Next chapter is more fun…Hehehe!