InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Confrontation II: Trials and Tribulations ❯ Delusions of Grandeur ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: As always all characters will be walking that fine line of OOCness. I have some good news for you Inu/Kag lovers out there; I currently have a new fic in the works. It's an all Inu and Kag AU romance angst thingy that I've been working on. I'll try to have it posted sometime in the next two weeks, so look out for it. But I must say this, “Mature readers only! You've been warned!” That being said, the bad news is, I will more than likely be deleting Truth & Consequences since I really don't have much time to work on it. I haven't totally decided yet, but I am seriously debating hitting that delete button. Any who, thanks for all your wonderful amazing support!!
 
Disclaimer: I do not claim ownership to anyone with the exception of Reinto, Rinji, Mana, Teela, Kanomaru, Susamajii, and Joudama all others are owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Viz, definitely not me!
 
Chapter 16:
 
Delusions of Grandeur
 
Teela relaxed into the heated water and smiled conceitedly as she pulled a sunflower, that she plucked earlier in the day, from her hair. Chuckling at the things she had heard and that she would surely relay to Susamajii, she grinned down at the flower as the image of Sesshomaru's lean perfectly sculpted body played through her mind.
 
`You have definitely filled out well, Sesshomaru.'
 
The way his hakama rode his hips as he stood there looking out into the night. The way his youkai strips wrapped sensually around his hips…the tone of his masculine voice as he spoke. All of that, it made her giddy, didn't it?
 
`Oh Sesshomaru-sama, how I've waited for you,' she thought giggling softly.
 
It had been almost 120 years since she had last seen him, talked to him, and touched him, but the longing, it never went away…never diminished.
 
Her father, when he was alive, had tried to have her mated off on more than a few different occasions, but she always made sure that something murderous befell her suitors.
 
He had told her on one too many occasions that she was not meant to be with the one called Sesshomaru. He'd told her that her wants…her desires were frivolous at best, they were nothing more than the dreams of a pup.
 
Teela refused to listen to him, because he knew not what they shared. He didn't witness the way Sesshomaru gazed at her, or the quiet…sensual way he responded to her gentle caresses. So she blatantly and disrespectfully ignored him.
 
`My heart, my body, and my mind belongs to only you, Sesshomaru. No matter what anyone says, I am yours and you are mine.'
 
She was merely a girl of 50 when she first laid eyes on him, but she knew in that one brief moment, that he was what she was destined for. He was her reason for breathing and living. She knew that he was created for her, whether he was aware of it or not.
 
It was on one of her many travels with her father to The Land of Eso, when she met him.
 
She and her father, Modako, had been invited to the palace of Lady InuTaisho, the wife, by a political marriage, to the Lord of the West, InuTaisho. The memory of that day remained in her heart…in her mind like it had only happened yesterday.
 
She could remember clearly walking through the huge palace doors. She could remember the illustrious decorations that adorned the palace halls. She could easily visualize the spotless glazed wooden floors of the greeting room. She remembered…felt even now, the way her heart skipped several beats and her stomach fluttered as she looked up at the tall, lean body and stoic gorgeous face of the Inu youkai standing to the left of who she later found out was his mother.
 
When he was introduced to her, Teela silently repeated his name for what must have been a million times in her head. She had tried not to stare too much at him, but failed miserably. His golden eyes mesmerized her, dug deep into her soul and made it so that she wanted to share all her deepest darkest secrets with him.
 
`Love at first sight, that's what it was,' Teela thought with a smile, as her mind continued its' trip down memory lane.
 
After that meeting, Sesshomaru had made many visits to her father's home for unknown reasons. However, on every occasion, she made sure that she spent as much time as she could with him, even if it was only a few moments.
 
At first he would totally ignore her, but as the years drew on and his visits became longer, she noticed that he was slowly warming up to her.
 
Soon instead of a grunt, she would get a quick glance of his eyes as he reluctantly walked with her through the gardens of her home. On one occasion she wasn't paying attention and slipped on a bed of ice. Of course she could've easily righted her footing, but he caught her. In his strong well-defined arms, he had caught her and he held her to him as he stared down into her soul with his earth shattering golden orbs.
 
`That's when I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I had to have you. That's when I knew, that you knew too. You knew that I was destined to be your mate, didn't you Sesshomaru?'
 
Her smile quickly turned into a slight frown as her last memory with him played like a theatrical performance through her mind.
 
Flashback As SheSaw It
 
The wind blew tussling her hair back away from her face as she stood on the green rolling hill beside the only youkai she could see herself mated to.
 
Sure he was gruff with her and didn't speak much, but she understood him like no other. He'd learn to talk to her in time, wouldn't he?
 
“Sesshomaru-Kun, when will you be returning? Why do you have to leave?”
 
The youkai in question stared at her, his face blank, determined.
 
“Why is this a battle you must involve yourself in? Surely your father has more than enough men at his disposal!”
 
Looking away from her, he spoke into the wind, “Don't ask foolish questions, Teela. I will be Lord of those lands one day, it is my duty to protect them from all enemies, near and far.”
 
“But what about us? What about you and me?” she begged almost hysterically. Sure, he'd never promised her a freaking thing, but she was close, wasn't she?
 
He'd finally started opening up to her! He'd just told her a week ago, `that she was like no one he'd ever met,' didn't he? And now…now he was just going to go away and leave her here in this war-ridden place?
 
Sesshomaru repeated in an incredulous tone, “Us?” Sparing a moment, he stared at her then turned and began walking slowly down the hill.
 
Running behind him, she threw herself at him, hugging him from behind. “I'll wait for you, Sesshomaru-kun! I don't care if it takes a hundred lifetimes, I'll wait for you, my love!”
 
Sesshomaru glanced down at her, and then proceeded to carefully peel her off of him, without a word.
 
Teela felt her heart break as he continued on to an uncertain future, but as she collapsed to her knees and wept, she solidified her promise to him, `I will wait for you, my love. This I swear.'
 
End Flashback As SheSaw It
 
Frowning deeply at her memories, the green eyed, golden haired Inu Youkai sighed lightly and thought, `I waited for you, Sesshomaru. Why didn't you wait for me? Why didn't you come back for me?' Shrugging offhandedly, she tried to sweep away those depressing thoughts. That didn't matter, did it? The only thing that mattered was that she had finally found him; he'd finally come back to her.
 
To be quite honest, Sesshomaru was the only reason why she'd come on this trip to begin with. The idea of coming to his home… Sleeping beneath the same roof with him… Sitting across the dinner table from him as if they were a family, well, that was just a little too good to pass up.
 
Teela was aware of Susamajii's plans for Sesshomaru, but being the woman that she was, she quickly warped those plans to better suit herself. There was nothing she asked for that she didn't get and the wonderful Sesshomaru would be no different.
 
She didn't care about his human mate or his half-breed pup! She'd enslave then both, as soon as she made him come to his senses!
 
`Surely he'd lost his mind after he lost his father! That has to explain it! He couldn't… He wouldn't under normal circumstances willing choose a stinking human as his mate…to share his title…his bed with! My Sesshomaru-kun would never do such a stupid…weak…pathetic thing!'
 
After his father died, he'd roamed the western lands looking for some sense of stability…strength…for her. But he'd been so lost in grief that he didn't remember where to find her. He was lost without her, wasn't he? That's what she wished to believe. That's what she chose to believe. In her twisted little mind…her world that explained everything perfectly.
 
`No one understands you like I do, Sesshomaru. I know you're not happy, I just know it. I just have to make you see that.'
 
Staring down at the sunflower twirling between her fingers, she began to hum a soft tune as she began to slowly pluck the petals from the stem. `He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me,' she thought excitedly while bringing the stem up to her lips and kissing it's bare tip.
 
Simonkal of Inuy
 
Rinji, the bear youkai inquired, “What will you have me do now, Sesshomaru-sama?”
 
“They are all accounted for?”
 
“Yes. They are both in with Lord Susamajii.”
 
`Plotting against me, no doubt,' Sesshomaru thought. Looking away from his trusted friend, he glanced towards the early morning sun and stated, “Watch them.”
 
Rinji inquired, “I can tell that you do not trust this Susamajii character. So why is it that you've welcomed him and his party in?” He was one of the few demons that could talk openly to Sesshomaru, without worry of being reprimanded.
 
He suspected that perhaps it was because he had served his father and him loyally for centuries, or perhaps…it could have been the fact that he was one of three people still alive that could humble…embarrass the Lord, by regaling tales of his childhood.
 
Staring at his friend and commander, Rinji couldn't help but to smirk. Even now he found it hard to believe that this was the same pup that ran naked through the halls of the palace, suds covering him from head to toe, because he didn't feel like bathing.
 
He'd remembered several occasions when a young Sesshomaru would run and hide for hours in nothing but a loincloth, because he didn't want to get dressed or because he didn't like what his nanny, Mana, was putting on him.
 
Rinji took a sip of his tea and tried to hold in the chuckle that wanted to escape. Staring at the Inu Lord while he no doubt pondered the question that had just been posed to him, the bear youkai's mind wondered through images of the pup playing practical jokes on the staff. He could hear the child's laughter ringing in his ears when he was found out and he could still envision the way he blushed when one of the female demons in employ to the palace, would kiss him tenderly on the forehead, because he had done something sweet.
 
To look at the Inu Lord now, one would never know that he had, had a rather carefree upbringing, at least up and until the age of five, but he had. InuTaisho had made sure of it. He'd gone down to the south when Sesshomaru was about the age of two and taken the pup from his mother. He'd never explained to anyone why and quite honestly he didn't have to; it was his palace and his pup.
 
It had been the day after the young lords fifth birthday that Lady InuTaisho arrived at the castle to retrieve her son.
 
Thinking back, Rinji never could figure out why the infamous Lord didn't put up a fight to keep Sesshomaru with him. The bear youkai always assumed that it was because of some arrangement they had with one another, much like their marriage.
 
`What happened down there, Sesshomaru? What made you change so much? You used to be so playful and full of life…full of smiles. But I suspect that once you returned to the South to be with your mother, things changed, didn't they?' Taking another sip of his tea, Rinji sat his cup down as his thought finished, `I suppose we all have to change, eh? Even young Kanomaru will change, but in which direction?'
 
“If I had it my way, he and his party would be sleeping below the ground. However, as Lord of the West, I am bound by politics to hear whatever they have to say. My personal feelings have no bearings.”
 
Rinji asked, “Has he stated what he want?” He knew that even though he could be more open with Sesshomaru than most, he was still pushing the envelope just a little.
 
Narrowing his eyes at his one and only officer, Sesshomaru snorted lightly, unable to stop Susamajii's voice from filtering through his mind.
 
`Bare a full-blooded heir! Do not disgrace your bloodline this way! Don't leave all that you and your fathers before you have worked, bled, and died for to a half-breed!'
 
The Inu Lord's fists clenched and released unbeknownst to him, but his facial expression remained just as blank and stoic as ever. `That arrogant bastard!' he hissed mentally, but as soon as that thought finished, another more sinister possibility occurred, `Is that why he brought Teela? Did that ass really think that I would bow down and accept what he offered? The audacity…!'
 
Glancing from the lord's face to his hands, Rinji stated, with one eyebrow arched higher than the other, “I will take that as a yes.”
 
Quieting his mind, Sesshomaru pushed away from the table he had been sitting at in his office and stood to his feet. Turning away so that he was facing the window he stated, “Susamajii is not to be trusted, watch him and his closely.”
 
Grasping his halberd, the bear youkai stood up as well and stated, “That goes without saying, Sesshomaru-sama.” Smoothing out his clothing, he asked, “Do really think that he'd be stupid enough to try something?”
 
Sesshomaru didn't respond to that, instead he changed the subject totally, “Kanomaru's training will begin soon.”
 
“Why so early? He's barely five.”
 
Sesshomaru hated the idea of his son going through this particular training but he knew that there was no way around it. It was something that he had gone through as a young pup and so did his father before him and his father before him. In order to be Lord of the West someday, and rule with a stern decisive fist, the pup would definitely have to perform and pass each level.
 
There were three levels of training, each taking a span of five years to complete.
 
The first is 60% Political Principles and Diplomatic Relations, 20% Survival, and 20% fighting. This would be taught by Shizuka the 1850-year-old deer youkai that had taught him.
 
The youkai's main goal would be to make sure that by the end of Kanomaru's training he will be able to attend and perform the duties of a lord without hesitation or doubt. He will be taught what he can and cannot do…what is and is not allowed. He'll be made to choose life or death for demons and humans that have broken the law and he will have to deal with the consequences of his decisions. And finally in order to pass this test, there will be a make shift court created and the pup will have to rule over this court as Lord for a year, without incident. At this point he will also be taught basic fighting skills and how to harness and use his powers, if he develops any.
 
The second is 40% Survival, 40% fighting, and 20% Political Principles and Diplomatic Relations. Bokusenou, the aged tree, would teach this portion within the confines his forest.
 
Kanomaru would basically have to survive on his own for that five-year period. Meaning, he'll have to catch and kill his own food. He'll have to create and protect the home of his choosing, be it in a tree, stump, or a cave. He will not receive any help from the aged tree with the exception of maintaining the barrier that surrounds the 50-acre forest. Should he survive without killing himself and with all limbs intact, he will pass this test.
 
The third and final lesson is 70% fighting, 20% Survival, and 10% Political and Diplomatic Relations. It would be taught in the area and by the demons of Sesshomaru's choosing. Thus far, he had only decided on Rinji and Inuyasha as the only demons he trusted with the pup outside of Shizuka and Bokusenou. At this point Kanomaru would choose his primary weapon and learn to become an expert in using it. He'll learn and hone his fighting skills until he can best two out of three of his teachers, which at this point were to be Inuyasha, Rinji and a very reluctant Sesshomaru.
 
In order to prove his worth, he would be placed in a 1 against 10 battle with full blooded demons, varying in age, power, and size. Should he win, he will then be finished with his training and ready to sit beside his father as heir to the West.
 
Shaking his head lightly Sesshomaru, sighed softly and stated, “It is time Rinji. To delay this would do nothing but delay the inevitable.”
 
Rinji hadn't heard much about this training but he knew that from the point that it started it would take 15 years to fully complete and much of that time was spent away from home. “Sesshomaru-sama, forgive me, but do you really think he's ready?”
 
`None of us were ready,' the Inu Lord thought solemnly, but replied, “He is as ready as I was.”
 
“How soon?”
 
“The day after his fifth birthday, ” Sesshomaru responded blandly. On the outside it looked as if he could care less, but his heart was already breaking.
 
How could he send away his own flesh and blood without feeling something? Not only that, but he knew Rin would not take this well at all. Quite honestly, he knew that she was going to be beyond hysterical when the time came. Sure they had spoken briefly about this when the child was newly born, but not much about it since.
 
“That soon?” Rinji stated more then questioned. “So he'll be gone from home for 15 years straight?”
 
“Not necessarily.”
 
The bear youkai wasn't quite sure he knew what the Inu Lord meant, but he didn't feel like pushing it any further. Stepping forward, he added as if it was a second thought, “He's not a full blooded demon; surely he'll need hidden protection.”
 
Glancing behind him at his friend and trusted vassal, the Inu Lord replied nonchalantly, “Are you volunteering?”
 
Bowing his head gracefully, Rinji replied, “I look at Kanomaru as if he was my own cub, Sesshomaru-sama. If I am needed, my services are always available.”
 
Turning back to the window, Sesshomaru watched as Inuyasha and the fox kitsune joined the Monk and his daughter, whom were already making use of the rising sun. “You have a mate, surely you can't be away that long.”
 
“Trust me, my old friend, Mana needs me like she needs a hole in the head,” Rinji replied with a chuckle. He then continued, “We've been mated for more than 500 years. I'm sure she could use the break.”
 
“Speak with her, before you volunteer fully, Rinji. This is not a task to be taken lightly.”
 
“Of course, Sesshomaru-sama.” Turning slightly, Rinji stared at the door and sniffed. “I believe you have a guest.”
 
Sesshomaru inhaled heavily, `I was wondering when she would show herself,' he thought. Speaking to Rinji, he stated, “Go now, we'll finish this later.”
 
Bowing slightly, the bear youkai quirked a small hidden smile, and turned towards the door. Sliding it open slowly, he smiled innocently, “Good morning, Lady Teela. I hope you slept well.”
 
Teela stared straight ahead, her emerald green gaze locked on that of the Inu Lord's. Smiling softly, she replied boldly, “I always sleep well when I'm under the same roof with `my' Sesshomaru-kun.”
 
Rinji was taken aback by her brash response. Turning to look at his Lord, he quickly turned back to her and nodded. “I'll just have to trust you on that, my lady,” the bear youkai responded quickly.
 
He didn't know what to think. This woman was acting as if she and Sesshomaru had some kind of relationship! And the way she spoke! It was totally disrespectful to Lady Rin.
 
Staring at her a moment longer, the bear youkai quickly took in her golden locks pinned elegantly at the base of her head. Her lightly blushed cheeks and shimmering, determined green eyes, her supple lips and the way the white and red kimono she wore hugged her hips.
 
Shaking his head, Rinji glanced back up at Sesshomaru with a look that said clearly, `Watch your back, this bitch means business.' After allowing Teela to walk into the room, he slowly closed the door behind him and made his way upstairs to find his mate.
 
Sesshomaru stared at the Inu bitch, unblinking. She hadn't changed a bit in the 120 years since he'd last seen her. Perhaps if her hair weren't pinned up, he could've said that her hair had gotten longer, but for now he just didn't know.
 
The last time he saw her, was actually the last time he had wanted to see her! Quite frankly to Sesshomaru the woman was absolutely and without a doubt, insane.
 
If he remembered correctly, and he was sure he did, their last encounter was on the cliffs near her home. She was holding onto him while crying and begging him not to leave her. He still didn't quite understand why she acted that way, it wasn't like they had a relationship or was even working towards one. She was simply the daughter of Modako, whom he, at his mother's request, was having monthly talks in hopes of quieting the uproar of violence in the south.
 
He'd been cordial enough with the woman for no other reason than she was Modako's kin. But it had become clear to him that she had something totally different on her mind.
 
He could tell by the manner in which she looked at him. The sly way she would raise the sleeve of her Kimono to reveal the underside of her wrist. The way she would appear immediately at his side whenever he was out trying to find a moments peace. Yes, he could tell right from the beginning that she wanted him the way a wife wanted a husband. The way a mate wanted her counterpart…the way he wanted Rin.
 
Sure, he could understand why she wanted to be his mate, but then who wouldn't? He was Sesshomaru Lord of the West after all.
 
Staring at her with a blank expression gracing his handsome features, he asked in a bored manner, “You're showing yourself this morning…instead of spying?”
 
Teela chuckled then replied as she took a few steps forward, “Can you really blame me? It's been way too long since I've last seen you.” Smiling softly, she finished, “I just couldn't wait.”
 
Sesshomaru's only reply was and a muffled, “Hn”, but his thought's were, `I see she's just as crazy as ever.'
 
“I see I haven't lost my touch. I still have the ability to leave you speechless.”
 
Wanting nothing more to run his hand down his face in hopes that she would disappear, the Inu Lord refrained and inquired, “Why are you here, Teela?”
 
The emerald-eyed jezebel smirked innocently, “Why do you ask a question that you already know the answer to?”
 
Becoming increasingly annoyed by the woman, he replied again, “Hn.”
 
Walking slowly down the length of the far wall, she slowly dragged a claw along the middle level of one of the many shelves. Glancing away from Sesshomaru then back again, she stated seriously, “I've missed you.”
 
The Inu Lord didn't respond, instead he watched her every move closely. He noted the way she seemed to glide along the floor. The soft manner in which she spoke, the way her aura spiked, reached out towards him… `Has nothing changed about her?'
 
“When you left…I wasn't quite sure I would make it without you.”
 
One eyebrow raised higher than the other, he thought exasperatedly, `Delusional.'
 
“After father died, Susamajii found me. I'm thankful to him for that, because he made sure I lived long enough to see you again.”
 
Why was he here listening to this drivel! He could honestly care less how she spent her time after he left or how much she supposedly missed him! Unfortunately, because she was a guest in his home, he needed to show decorum and patience, even if only for a little while.
 
“I waited for you. Father wanted…” She giggled nervously before continuing, “Father tried to marry me off… I mean, that is what they call it, when it's for political reasons, right?” Not expecting an answer, she continued as she came to a stop a few feet away from him, “But…I refused them all, Sesshomaru-kun. I refused them all for you.”
 
Sesshomaru scoffed and thought sarcastically, `And I care about this, why?' His patience running thin rather quickly, he asked bluntly, “Why do you speak nonsense?”
 
It was as if Teela hadn't heard him, because she kept on talking as she continued in his direction, “I've missed you, more than you'll ever know. Have…Have you missed me Sesshomaru-kun?” Even though she asked him a question she didn't wait for a reply, because in her mind, she already knew the answer. “Have you ever woken in the middle of the night and reached me?” Smiling sadly she finished, “I have on countless occasions reached for you.”
 
`She's completely and utterly, delude,' Sesshomaru thought as he stared at the woman, his face as blank and unemotional as ice. `Could she have gotten worse as the centuries passed?' He answered his own question, `Yes, definitely yes.'
 
He knew that she had spied on him and Rin last night, so how could she stand here before him and act as if he wasn't mated? How could she stand there and act like nothing had changed, not that there was anything between them before. How could she just ignore the change in his scent?
 
Sesshomaru knew that for a dog demon…any dog demon, scent, was a severely important thing, even more so than appearance or the manner in which your chosen mate treated you.
 
Blinking, he brushed away these thoughts and realized almost too late that she was directly in front of him and still babbling about god knows what.
 
Taking a calculating step back, he stated, “Teela, remember your place.” He couldn't stop the image of Kagura from filtering into his mind. When she thought…believed that she was mated to him. When she believed above all else that he belonged to her.
 
The green eyed, golden haired Inu bitch smiled up at him and replied without missing a beat, “Don't you see my love, I've never forgotten about you…us. That's why I'm here now, to be by your side, finally.” Reaching out so quickly, he didn't have time to react, she palmed his cheek gently. “I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when your father was killed, but I'm here now. That must count for something, don't you think?”
 
`Did she just call me… Wait a minute, is she touching this Sesshomaru?' he thought heatedly while reaching up and grasping her wrist tightly.
 
“My love, wh…what's going on in here?”
 
Turning his head towards the sound of her voice, Sesshomaru inwardly cringed. Of all the times for her to walk in, it had to be now! `Damn it to seven hells!' He knew that this didn't look good and he could tell by the look on Rin's face that her imagination was clearly getting the best of her.
 
Rin stared at the scene before her. All she could see was the woman's hand seemingly caressing her mate's face! She saw the way the other woman stared up at him with... Was it love in her eyes? `What's the meaning of this?' she thought, as her eyes slid down to her husband's hand that was… Was it holding the woman's hand in place? It certainly looked that way!
 
Her heart told her that she shouldn't believe what she was seeing and that there had to be a damn good explanation, because Sesshomaru would never allow anyone but herself or Kano to touch him. But her eyes, were telling her another story.
 
Rin swallowed hard and stared at the woman that was now looking at her with something akin to a smirk on her face. Glaring indignantly back at her for a moment longer, she then directed her attention to her husband whose facial expression hadn't changed a bit!
 
Jealousy reared its ugly head with in her chest…her heart…her mind, `How dare he stand there as if he is doing nothing wrong? How dare he allow her to touch him in a way…a way that only I should?' She wanted to yell at him...them, but she couldn't she just wasn't that kind of person.
 
Deciding that it would probably be best if she left, she turned quickly but stopped when she felt a pair of little arms wrap lovingly around her legs. Glancing down, she remembered clearly her reason for coming in here.
 
`Kanomaru'.
 
Quieting her mind, she watched her son peep out from behind her and stare from his father to the woman…the…the harlot!
 
Stepping out from behind his mother, Kanomaru tilted his head slightly from one side to the other as if he himself was finding this scene before him hard to digest. Slipping his hand into that of his mother's, he squeezed her hand gently, and then asked innocently, “Mommy, why is she touching my daddy?”
 
Eyeing his son and his mate, the inwardly flustered Lord almost forgot that he was supposed to be dragging this woman's hand from his body. Yanking it down and away from him rather roughly, he then turned completely to face Rin and asked, his voice the same as always, “Rin, did you need something?”
 
`Did I need something? Did I need something! I need to know what in the hell do you think you're doing? Why is this…this…thing touching what's mine?' she snarled mentally…possessively, but said nothing in response to his question. She just stared at him, her heart breaking a little more with every second that ticked by.
 
“Mommy, why was she touching my daddy? Who is she?” Kanomaru asked again. He could smell his mother's scent changing drastically and he looked up at her, then back at his mentor…father. `She's mad at him. She's mad at daddy.' The pup could never remember his mother ever being mad at his father. `Mommy's mad because that woman is touching him? She…she shouldn't be touching him!'
 
Teela stared at the woman, the anger she was feeling clearly visible in her eyes. The tension in her body… Yes, she had definitely done a very good thing. Now, she just needed to plant the seeds of unfaithfulness and she'd have what was rightfully hers to begin with. `Humans are so easy to manipulate.'
 
Resting her hand lovingly on Sesshomaru's shoulder, Teela stated even though she could feel his aura roar up against her own warning her to back off, “Well Sesshomaru-kun, I see that you're needed elsewhere, perhaps later we'll finish what we started here today. There is still much left for us to discuss, my love.” Letting her fingers trail slowly down his arm as she walked away, she silently patted herself on the back.
 
Sesshomaru's head turned towards her so fast that neither party saw it. `Tell me she didn't just say that!'
 
Rin's heart lurched in her chest and she grabbed her stomach and staggered slightly. `Wh…what did she just call him?'
 
“Stop touching my father,” Kanomaru screamed, sensing a surge in his mother's aura that he clearly didn't like. If his father wasn't going to do something about it then he definitely would. Standing there in front of his mother his tiny fist now clenched at his side, he stared at the woman that had angered his mother as she made her way in his direction.
 
The little boy's outburst didn't fall on deaf ears as Teela stopped before him and knelt down. “You're such a volatile little thing aren't you?”
 
Rin pulled Kano back so that he was pressed firmly against her legs, with her hand resting protectively across his chest.
 
“You're almost as adorable as your father, little hanyou,” Teela stated, while reaching up in an attempt to pat his head, but Rin pulled him quickly out of her reach.
 
“Don`t you dare touch him, ” she yelled, while shoving her child behind her back. She hadn't a clue what she would have done if the woman would have challenged her, because quite honestly if the demon wanted to kill her, she could, without batting an eyelash.
 
Teela chuckled as she stood to her feet, “My my, I thought he got that temper from Sesshomaru-kun, but now I know…”
 
Rin snapped irritably, “It's Sesshomaru-sama, or Lord Sesshomaru to you! Not Sesshomaru-kun or san or my love!” `How much more of this am I supposed take? This…this jezebel has already caressed my husband, called him her love, and now she thinks she can just touch my child,' Rin thought angrily.
 
Sesshomaru stepped forward quickly placing himself between his fuming mate and the delusional woman. “Teela, leave, I believe you have said enough for one day.”
 
Smiling up at him, she glanced quickly at the woman that already had a scent of tears around her and stated, “Of course, until next time, my lov…my Lord.” Bowing slightly, she made her way from the room with a smirk. `He protected me, even though he knew he didn't have to. I knew he loved me, I just knew it! Now to get rid of that bitch and her half-breed and everything will be perfect!'
 
Rin wiped away a solitary tear of anger that had slid down her face as she watched her mate slowly close the door to his study and step towards her. She didn't know what to say to him. Was there anything to be said?
 
“Mommy don't cry, I won't let her touch me, I promise.”
 
Smiling down at her son with a forced smile that she hoped he couldn't see through, she quickly picked him up. Kissing him gently on the forehead, she stated lovingly, “It's fine sweetie, mommy's okay. Come now, it's time eat.”
 
“Rin,” Sesshomaru stated blocking her from leaving the room, “What you did here today was unacceptable.”
 
Until Next Time…(Your .02 cents are greatly appreciated!!)