InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dance on ice ❯ Dance on ice ( Chapter 22 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Dance on ice

Chapter 22 Dance on ice

Hey guys! Thanks for the great reviews! I'm crying you know, I love this story, and today it ends. Someday there might be a sequel, but not for now. My characters demand some…ahem, they called it, time alone. I want to thank all of you for the support you have given me!

So, a big hug to all my readers! JA NE!

~^~

Gold. Looking at the picture again, he couldn't believe that they had actually won. But then again, looking at the woman who stood beside him in the picture he could. She had made it possible, she had made everything possible.

He heard the laughter from outside , and couldn't help but smile. Yes, she did that too. He was fairly lucky he was still emotionless to the rest of the world, because if not…

Five years back. It seemed five lives. Lives he would not trade. For nothing.

They had won, given up skating, he had made his own companies and she, his love, his life, his escape, had become … a mother, a wife and the best architect there could be.

He remembered his reaction, to the news that she actually wanted to work, and such a stressful job at that, but after seeing the place she had designed for them…

For the first time in his life he had been speechless, and the little vixen of course had to have a camera. She loved the months of extortion. She did, until he taught her what payback truly meant.

Oh, yes, that had been a great week.

And now….. turning in his chair he cast a look outside.

Lawns of sparkling diamonds stretched out before him. The crystal gloss of fairy dust clinging to each green giant before him, as well as to the spiral cases of frozen wood. And throughout the frozen, as well as the cold, he could see the fire of love, dancing on ice.

Her ebony hair, flowing around her with each move, her dreaming cerulean eyes, the smile of pride and care on her tempting lips, granting her skin this iridescent glow.

His three sons …he considered them such, even if not all came from his blood… Ryuchi, Kenji and Shippou. And his daughter…she had insisted on the name, and who was he to deny her anything…Rin.

His children, laughing, crying, learning to skate…

,,I like her." A voice whispered to him.

,,I know and so do I." he whispered back, knowing fully well who she was.

,,I'm proud of you ." it whispered again, his only response a mute nod.

,,Love her and protect them, my son."

,,I will mother. I will." He whispered back, his eyes never leaving them.

Then he saw her wave to him, a pleading look in her eyes, a look, which he all to gladly obeyed. For now, and forever.

~^~

I look at you, that mesmerizing smile

I watch you there, that thrilling stare

And I know, for eternity you'll be there.

I see the ice, you never cared to break

You now use it to skate,

Granting my world a deadly shake.

Your laughter fills the air,

And you always seemed to care,

Through good and bad, you would be there.

I love you.

I do, from the farthest corner of my soul.

Destiny, fate, providence,

I don't care,

As long as you're there.