InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dating Is Not For The Faint Of Heart ❯ Inuyasha's Dinner ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

, Do you all hate me, ? I'm sorry it took so long, I have to work. Hope you like it, please let me know that I haven't been ostracized from the FanFic community, thank you. I own no one, they only live under my bed, chasing children down endless halls, love you all, missed you. Darth Mer Mer

Dating is Not For the Faint of Heart Part 6

Inuyasha's Dinner,

Kagome watched below as the treetops melted away into a dark blur. Safely tucked under Inuyasha's arm, she sighed. If only she had though things through, maybe things wouldn't have gotten this crazy. Her dark hair tickled her face as she tried again to adjust her nightgown so it didn't fly up in the back. Inuyasha snorted as she wiggled. After a few seconds of readjustment, she was immobile again in his arm. She had resigned herself that there was no escape from the cackling white headed hanyou. But where on earth were they going?

Inuyasha grinned. She was his for the whole night. Hojo didn't have her the whole night! He had only had her for three hours. Chuckling, he allowed Kagome to save her modesty and pitched her onto his back. He tensed for the handful of seconds before Kagome locked her arms around his shoulders and tucked her knees around his waist. That was better, it had been a while since she had ridden on his back. It was a familiar and much missed weight to bear.

Kagome wondered when she had began to feel so safe flying through the air on the half demon's back. The first couple of times she had always figured he'd dump her just when they got high enough. But after a while, well, lets just say that she would have passed a lot of sleepless nights on tatami mats more comfortably on Inuyasha's back. It hit her then that he had never dropped her, she smiled. No, she didn't think that her Inuyasha would ever drop her. Sighing, she felt Inuyasha start to fall out of the sky and slowly descend to the ground. Around them was a small clearing in the grove of trees.

Kagome sighed and shook her head, Inuyasha had really outdone himself. Granted if she had told him that, he would have just scoffed at her and gotten mad. But during the time he had carried her to this tiny moonlit glade she had realized something, Inuyasha had absolutely no idea what a date was really about, that made her a little sad. Did he only think of this as a competition with Hojo? Or did some small part of his brain understand that a date was something that you did when you liked someone, ? She raised her eyebrow, just how long had it taken him to get her, meal together. It must have taken hours.

Inuyasha glared at the ground, she wasn't eating. She had eaten the food with Hojo, didn't she like it, ? Or was it that she didn't want to eat it because she was with him? That did it! He rounded his eyes and stared at her forehead, if she wouldn't do it on her own, he'd stare her into it.

Kagome eyed her ‘dinner' on her makeshift plate. She nervously pushed her hair behind her ear. Glancing up at Inuyasha, she found that he still had his eyes glued to her. She lowered her eyes to her plate again. The gesture was really sweet, but did he really expect her to eat them? On her plates were a heaping pile of worms, why it was worms she had no idea. But he kept staring at her.

"It's Eetah-lhi-ahn, " He was sure that he had done everything right. The stuff she had been eating with that boy had looked exactly like what she was supposed to be eating with him. He had even washed the silly things off. He had know idea why she wanted to eat worms, but if that was part of the date so be it! Fighting not to gag, he had eaten all of his share, down to the very last wiggly, squiggly one. But Kagome hadn't even touched hers. His ears swiveled down to signal his annoyance. How was this supposed to be a date if she wouldn't cooperate?!

"Uh, Inuyasha?" Was this supposed to be Italian food? Was that what he was trying to say?

"What is it? Did I mess up again?" He growled, but it only came out as sounding depressed and defeated.

Kagome waved her hands, "No, not at all, it's just, uh," Come on Kagome, think fast. "On a date, I usually cook the dinner, " She lied and biting her lip, she hoped he wouldn't see through her. But hoping above everything else not to hurt his feelings.

Oh, so that's what it was, "Wait, why didn't you cook for Hojo?" He glared at her again. Was she trying to trick him?

Kagome blushed. "Because, I don't like Hojo that much, in a dating manner that is. I mean he's a nice guy and all, but he's, well, he's a little dull. I mean compared to you that is." Flattery will get you everywhere.

Inuyasha's chest puffed up. "Oh, okay, cook then wench." He waved his hand in the general direction of the well.

Did he expect her to go all the way back to the well and then come all the way back here after she had cooked him dinner at two in the morning?! Well, she could change out of her nightgown into something a little nicer she supposed. Woah, was she starting to think of this as a real date? She shook her head. No this wouldn't do at all! He had kidnapped her from her home in the middle of the night, cackling like a loon and now he wanted her to slave away for him over a hot stove? About to get very angry and sit him for all she was worth, she snapped her head up and-

She stopped. Inuyasha was grinning at her, very openly and very happily. Her anger drained from her body like someone had poked a hole in a water balloon. It had been a long time since she had seen him grin like that. Before, before Kikyo had been reborn. A small light went on in the back of Kagome's mind. Inuyasha was here, with her. The light started to blink and grow a little stronger. Inuyasha was not there, and not with Kikyo. He was here, and he wanted to be here. He also wanted her here with him, her, not Kikyo. She grinned. If he wanted dinner she'd make it, but perhaps another diversion was in order. "Well, Inuyasha, I thought that you'd be full since you already ate. I know I am, " She patted her stomach for emphasis.

He scratched his head. "Would it not be a date if I didn't eat?"

Kagome sat back. Good grief, "I'll still consider it a date if I don't eat since you ate for me." Then she smiled. The look of relief that found its way onto Inuyasha's face was too blatant not to smile at.

Inuyasha was glad that he hadn't eaten all those worms for nothing. But since it was for Kagome, he guessed that it was worth every bite. He looked over at her as she stared into the still moonlit night, watching as the fireflies blinked out unknown messages to each other in the darkness. She looked prettier with her hair down, he decided. Even though she had worn it up for Hojo on the date, he still preferred it falling over her shoulders like a waterfall of dark sumi-e ink. That and he didn't like the way the paint stick had stained her lips dark. Now they were back to their original color and he was glad. The only time her lips got that dark was when she was laughing. He couldn't stand the thought that she had to convince Hojo she was happy while she was with him. Then a small light went on in the back of Inuyasha's mind. She was here now, not with that Hojo jerk. And she seemed happy as she looked out into the night. Her lips were the same dark red color she had painted them earlier, but he had seen her wipe the stain off before she had gone to bed. The light began to get brighter and pulse. That meant that she was happy to be here, with him, on a date. He blushed and looked away as she turned to look at him.

Kagome wondered why Inuyasha looked away so quickly. Had he been staring at her? She felt a small smile tug at the corners of her mouth. Maybe this date wasn't so bad. This had been the first time she had had a guy fix her dinner. She glanced at her plate and found that the majority of her 'dinner' had managed to crawl away. Sighing, she pushed the worms away and said, "Well," She said jokingly. "Where's my movie?"

To her surprise he scooped her up again and took off back toward the way they had come from. "Over there." He said simply, smiling as he held onto her arms as they circled his shoulders.

So, how do you all think Inuyasha could pull off a movie in the Feudal Age? You'll see soon, I hope. Love you all, please tell me what you think. Love

Darth Mer Mer