InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Nature ❯ Demon Nature Chapter 19 Round One, or is it Two? ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Demon Nature Chapter 19 Round One, or is it Two?

Note: I don't own the Inu Yasha Characters

Rin watched the sleet, her eyes impassive. Sometimes when the weather was like this, she remembered her childhood and the actions she'd taken that had put her in this place. Sesshoumaru had been almost dead, and she, who had nothing, had wanted to help him. She had had nothing, barely food to eat, but she had offered him. And when abandoned and alone she had died…

"You are thinking about the past."

She looked up at him as he joined her, and she reached out, touching his arm as he looked down at her.

"Days like this I would be so hungry…"

"It was a long time ago Rin."

"For both of us."

He looked out at the weather, long ago having understood how it affected her, and her moods. He had not understood at first, when she would grow silent and he would wonder if something, or someone, had hurt her. When she'd gone to market one time a monk had driven her out because someone reported seeing her with him. But being Rin, she hadn't cried, she'd gone out and collected edible herbs and managed to steal a chicken for her dinner. When he'd asked her about it she'd looked at him with eyes so full of what he now knew was sadness before smiling.

"I am fine Sesshoumaru-sama," she'd said perkily. "Sometimes things make me sad that's all."

It had taken him two days to find out what had happened. Leaving Jaken to watch her, he'd gone back and taken his revenge.

"Are you going to smile and tell me you're all right Rin-chan?"

She looked up at him again, and this time she didn't smile.

"There are times I wish…that I was a demon. That way I could've given you…"

It was still hard for him to express his feelings, it went against his nature, but with her, because of her, he at least acknowledged that he had feelings. If she had become a demon…

"I want you the way you are Rin," he managed to say, his eyes fixed firmly on the tableau outside their window.

"Yukio is a fine demon…"

"His mother let him become soft. Our children are stronger…"

"…but that is because of you Master. You are so strong and intelligent…"

"I am a demon Rin. I know nothing of human childhood except what I learned from you."

"I wanted our children to be like you, not like me, weak, emotional…"

"You are not weak Rin. You survived back then because you were strong. You had to stop talking because of how bad things had been for you…"

"Then I never shut up," she smiled, and he graced her with one of his. Anyone who saw him would've been shocked. This side of him was only for Rin, because he only felt safe showing this side with her.

"I was with Yore long before you were born Rin. She's a memory to me, nothing more. She would've hid Yukio from me if she could have."

"And now?"

"I told him to kill her."

"Is she that much of a threat Master?"

"She will kill him once this is over. And then I would have to kill her."

"…because he is your son."

"Yes. She's made him soft on purpose. I don't mind him having his study, but for him to be so ignorant of how to rule…that I blame her for. And she would only do that if she didn't intend for him to rule. She killed Yemon, her father. She knows Yukio will fight when the time comes, he is my son. And when the battle is over, she will kill him."

"Did you say that to him?"

"No. Like you said, he is smart. He'll figure it out."

"In time Master?" she asked, boldly wrapping her arms around his waist like the women in the future time did their mates. Liking her boldness, he let her pull him to her, claiming her mouth with his.

"I hope so. I can't fight on three fronts."

"Am I being too bold Master?"

"No Rin. You are not being too bold."

Yore bowed in greeting, and Yukio returned the gesture.

"How is she?" Yore asked, and as if seeing his mother for the first time, saw that while the words sounded good, her eyes were cold.

"Better," he said, not wanting to say anything that would betray his feelings to this woman.
"You were away a few days."

"I was."

"Am I going to have to force you to tell me where you went?"

"You mean your spies haven't told you mother? Or has your nose failed you?"

He saw the flash of anger in her eyes, and heard the voice of his sire in his head.

"Kill her."

"All right Yukio. You went to see your sire."

"Yes, I did."

"And what did he tell you to do?"

Yukio walked around her the same way Sesshoumaru had done to him.

"Kill you," he said, standing behind her.

"I see he hasn't changed."

"I wouldn't know would I? I mean, his hanyou know more about how to run a domain than I do. I thought about that last night while I was sitting with Hotaru. Why is that mother?"

"I, you wanted to study…"

"I did. My brother and sister are learning to write, and read, and run a domain. Am I mentally deficient mother?"

"No…"

"Then I can only conclude that it was to your advantage to have me weak. And the only reason you want to push me now is because you want to rule behind the scenes. Hotaru's pup was going to be male as I'm sure you know. Now I was thinking last night that if she had birthed her pup, you wouldn't need me would you? In fact, it would be to your advantage to have a pup and not a full grown demon to maneuver. Am I right mother?"

Yore said nothing, turning to face her son.

"He has filled you with hate for me."

"I don't hate you. I told him he was a sick demented being. But he never changed his words to me."

"His spawn didn't kill you, and you know it would be to their advantage to have you dead."

"That is true mother. But they live in the West, not here, and my sire made it clear that he wants me alive."

"And you don't think he would kill you without a second thought?"

"Why would he wait? He could do it now…"

"…no. He needs you when he moves against Leiko in the spring."

"Your friend…"

"Demon's have no friends."

"You don't mother."

"I don't want some human sniveling after me who will die on me. Demons don't need friends."

"You may be right in some way mother, but right now, I am concerned about my mate. If you will excuse me…"

"Have you marked her Yukio?"

Her voice, and her words, brought him up short, but taking a deep breath, he continued out of the door and to his private apartment.

Sesshoumaru had been right about Yore he thought to himself. Apparently demons didn't need mother's either.

There was nothing else left to destroy. Her servants had run from her in fear, and the demon who had done this to her had retired to his room. Now was not the time to be pregnant. The thought sent her on another rampage, breaking things into smaller pieces than they already were. She would deliver in the spring, and would be too weak to lead her vassals against Sesshoumaru. If she didn't know better she would've thought he was behind this. Only a spell would've rendered her unaware of her condition until it was too late. Nursing…

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" she howled, transforming and taking to the sky where she howled her anger until she couldn't anymore. Back in her quarters her servants had already replaced the damaged furniture with new pieces. And that asshole, the father of her pup, was there.

"Darling, I know this is not what you wanted at this time, but listen to me. Listen. I have led battles before…"

"We are going up against Sesshoumaru you idiot. Don't you see? The war has already begun. He's already made the choice to face you instead of me. Think!!!!!!!!!"

"I've heard all the talk about Sesshoumaru. He's a demon, like any other demon, and he has his weaknesses. Didn't that hanyou brother of his defeat him more than once? If a hanyou can do it, a real demon can as well."

Leiko made an exasperated sound, and shook her head.

"I am starving. What is there to eat?"

"Fresh food. Come, and eat."

Rin lay in his arms, her fingers tracing patterns on his skin. She had drained him, and apparently she was satisfied, for now. She was not asleep, but she was still hung over from the mating, and was quiet. For some reason he was thinking about the day he realized his feelings for her ran deeper than he had wanted to admit. She still went to the village down below at that time, and she had done so this day. For some reason, he was bored, he had followed her. She was known to everyone in the market, and he noticed they only gave her the best of everything she wanted, and didn't try and gouge her. He also noticed that a young man in the village was following her. He smelled human, and Sesshoumaru caught himself wondering if he were a boyfriend, if she had found a human who she wanted to mate with. His eyes had burned fire, and only because he didn't want to, what, show he was jealous, worried, afraid she couldn't take care of herself, he stayed hidden. He noticed she didn't smile with the young man the way she did when she talked to him, and as they got closer he could hear their conversation.

"…if he has some kind of hold on you, my uncle is a priest, and he can help break the spell. You're human. You shouldn't be with a demon."

"I've told you before, I don't want to leave. I'm happy where I am."

He had put a hand on her shoulder, and he had growled deeply, exposing his fangs. His claws had shone green.

"You can't be happy with him Rin. He will kill you."

"I'm sorry. You don't understand."

"He is a monster!!! What is it, he fucks you that good?"

Rin had blushed and hurried away from the man, diving into the bush where Ah-Un had waited for her. He'd followed her at a distance, entering his palace via a side route. The young man was right. Rin was human, and she needed human companionship, not his.

After she'd eaten he'd come and sat down next to her. It had been late spring, with the hint of summer in the air, and she was sitting on one of the balconies.

"It's a beautiful night isn't it Master? Look at the stars, how beautiful they are."

"They're just cold light…"

"When I was alone, before you saved me, I used to think my parents had become stars. I would look for the stars I thought were them every night," Rin had said. While she talked Sesshoumaru had looked at her. Yes, she still wore her hair the same way she always had, but tonight, dressed casually, he was more than aware of her as a young woman, a woman who had begun the cycles a human woman went through every moon.

"I am a demon Rin. Maybe it's time you had different companionship, with your own kind."

"Have I displeased you Master? What have I done? Did Jaken tell a lie on me…"

"No Rin."

"Then why are you sending me away??!!"

"I thought…"

"I don't want to go anywhere. I want to be with you."

He had met her eyes, and he realized that he couldn't bear to be without her. Who would talk to him about the stars?

He kissed her on her head, and she stirred, looking at him.

"Thinking about the war?"

"No."

"What then?"

"About you, and how you changed me."

"No Master!!"

"Yes. I knew, I knew that I had feelings for you the night you talked to me about the stars. That's what I was thinking about."

Rin's fingers strayed south, and she gently wrapped her fingers around his rapidly engorging penis, her fingers feather light and warm against the sensitive skin there.

The first time he'd mated her came to mind, and he became fully erect, remembering. When he came to himself she had mounted him, and was easing herself down on his shaft. His hands found her breasts, and she moaned in pleasure. She loved him, and would miss him when he had to be away from her. If she could become pregnant again, safely, it would be good, it would give her something to look forward to. The first of her orgasms covered him, and she called him Sess, something she did only when they were like this. They mated several times that night, and dawn found her sound asleep, curled up in his arms. He closed his eyes, needing to rest with her. Yore should make her move soon, and he and the kids had to be ready.

"Sess," she said in her sleep, a smile on her lips. He stroked her hair and pulled her closer.