InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Nature ❯ Demon Nature Chapter 27 Blood is Thicker Than Water ( Chapter 27 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Demon Nature Chapter 27 Blood is Thicker Than Water

I don't own the Inu Yasha characters folks!!! ^_^

The world was white, and Yukio stood watching the storm, admiring its magnificent fury, its total domination of everything in its path.

"My Lord?"

Yukio sighed inwardly before turning around and facing Isas. The young demon had come seeking an audience with him to discuss a matter he had described as urgent.

"You are sure of this?" Yukio said, keeping his features neutral.

"The word is that he is mortally wounded, and that even now he has hidden his human mate in a temple to protect her. Our forces are looking for her."

Yukio knew what that meant and hoped the horror he felt didn't show on his face. Isas, seeing no reaction, continued.

"There can't be too many women her age recently arrived in a temple, so we shouldn't have to look too hard," the young demon smiled.

"I agree Isas," Yukio said calmly.

"If Lord Sesshoumaru is dead, or dying, now is the time to move against him," Yukio continued, again using his will to make sure his features, and now his voice, betrayed no emotion. Isas, encouraged, continued, which was what Yukio wanted him to do.

"His brother Inu Yasha is formidable despite his being hanyou and he has that sword his father made for him that slays demons, but if it is him alone, I think we can take him. All we need is for you to lead us. Sesshoumaru has placed one of his hanyou offspring in charge in the North, and right now the demons are lined up in support of her, but he hasn't been seen. If Sesshoumaru is gravely injured, just think, the West is ours for the taking."

Yukio met the gray green eyes with a steady gaze.

"Come back in the morning. I will have an answer then."

Isas left, content his presentation had been listened to, and Yukio turned back to the blizzard. He could be to his sire's palace in seconds, but he knew the conspirators were watching him. No one had ever seen him with Sesshoumaru, and no one could know he was his offspring, at least not yet. For once a strategy of his mother was proving to be right.

"Kado!"

"Yes Master," his chief vassal piped up, coming over to stand in front of him.

"Where is Isas?"

"In the guest area."

"Alone?"

"You said he should be provided companionship My Lord."

"I did, didn't I? Has she arrived yet?"

"No My Lord."

"Send for Nobuko."

Sesshoumaru closed the door behind him, looking slowly around the room. When he wanted to be alone he came here, when he wanted to find something out he came here. Various things he used in working his magics, wood for carving images, fabric of all types, bits of hair from human and demon sources, animal bones, human bones, and demon skin, eyes of various creatures, and liquids that varied from human blood to insect gore.

He walked slowly around the room, visually taking stock of things, and finding nothing amiss. This room had belonged to his father, and he remembered the first time his father had brought him in here as if it were yesterday. He needed to think, to be away from everyone, even Rin right now, to get in sync with his body, to see if he could mine the spells the humans had used against him. Even now their effect was still whispering in his flesh, and he knew another attack right now would kill him out right. Taisho and Sakura had managed to get the spears and one of the arrows that had pierced his body, and they were laid out on the counter, darkly stained with his blood. He walked over to them, muttering an incantation, and saw the symbols that had been built into them rise like mist from the weapons and float in the air. His aura shimmered with power and he stood staring at them, committing them to memory. Later he would try and write them down he thought to himself, but right now he knew the spells by memory. Some of the symbols he could write, crudely, but he could. The others he would need help with. The idiot teacher would help him learn to write the symbols he couldn't.

He looked at the spell, and began to look for its weaknesses, the way to counter its effects. If he didn't he was still vulnerable to human attack, something that would endanger both himself and Rin. The thought of her being tortured…

"No" he said aloud. If ever they were captured, he would kill her before he'd let their hands touch her. She had suffered enough at the hands of her own kind. He wouldn't let her go through that again. The spell, floating in the air, wavered, and he forced his mind, and emotions, away from his mate and back to the runes. He would find a way to counter it that didn't require him to be laid up for so long.

Inu Yasha found Kagome in their room, reading a book from her time.

"Inu Yasha!!!"

She got up and ran into his arms, and for the time being everything went out of his head as he inhaled her smell, and felt her now ripening body pressed close to him. His mouth found hers, and he greedily claimed it as she pressed closer, feeling his erection through his clothing and letting him know she wanted him, now.

She stepped away from him, her hands gently untying his red outer robe and snaking under his inner one, her warm hands sending shivers through his body. Her breathing was short, and in one motion he swept her into his arms and carried her to their sleeping area, their mouths locked in a kiss, tongues sliding over each other.

Once he sat her down he began to undress her, kissing her on her neck, her newly bared shoulders, her now heavy breasts. Soon he would be able to drink from her, and once she gave birth…

She sighed his name, reaching for his garments like a crazed woman, her eyes glazed with lust, and he helped her, coming out of his remaining clothes. The smell from her glistening wet opening was driving him insane, and he let the passion take him over, as he leaned in between her legs and using his tongue, began to lick and probe her.

Kagome arched her back at the touch of his tongue as hot liquid spurted from her body into his waiting mouth. She buried her hands in his hair, letting her fingers graze his ears, eliciting a deep moan from him even as he greedily lapped at the now engorged bud he'd exposed. She felt herself come again, and called his name, wanting him inside of her, needing to be filled by this man she loved.

Inu Yasha heard her call his name as if from afar, he was so lost in the scent and taste of her. When her fingers began to caress his ears he rose up, his mouth glistening with her, and watched as her hands stroked his fully erect manhood, rubbing the pearl of semen that rested on its tip over its head, her eyes fixed on him. She used the vulgar term for what she wanted him to do, and he crouched down between her legs, easing the swollen head of his penis into her. She bucked liked something wild under him, her nails raking his back as she begged and pleaded with him. When he pulled back out she cursed, her eyes locking on his in anger at being deprived what she wanted. Before he could respond she touched the place on his back that sent him over the edge, and he plunged into her, feeling her muscles clamp onto him as he moved in and out of her, her passage as tight as it had been when he'd first claimed her as his. Her body shuddered as another orgasm melted over her, and he felt the pressure building in his groin. Her arms were thrown back over her head in complete surrender, and the sight of that did it, his semen bursting from his body into hers, her muscles releasing and contracting to try and hold all of it, him and the sperm, inside of her for as long as she could. It seemed as if the orgasm lasted forever, and he, spent for now, rolled to her side, keeping his arms around her to hold her close. A storm was coming, he could feel it, but for now the only storm he cared about was the one the woman next to him generated. He would see his brother later.

Jaken stood at the barrier, his eyes focused on the disturbance in the air. The coming storm meant nothing to him, but something headed this way did. When the form emerged from the snow, he started. The huge black wolf hovered in front of him, eyes blazing.

"I must see Lord Sesshoumaru," it spoke into his brain.

"Who are you who dares…"

A wave of pure power bowled Jaken over before he could even bring his staff into play, and the wolf hovered, waiting while Jaken scrambled to his feet just in time to see the barrier open and the wolf enter the palace of his Master. Jaken was about to launch an attack when he saw Sesshoumaru standing just inside the entrance, calmly regarding the huge black canine as it approached him. Half way to him the canine transformed, and it was Yukio who descended to the ground in front of his father.

"Lord Sesshoumaru."

"Lord Yukio. What brings you here?"

"Rumors of your death My Lord."

Sesshoumaru nodded in understanding, and Yukio knew he didn't have to explain to his father what was happening in the world outside. Sesshoumaru's eyes hardened, red highlights swirling in their golden depths.

"As you see I am well."

"Yes My Lord."

"But you came for another reason I suspect. Come. Let's discuss this in privacy."

Yukio watched his father as he walked ahead of him. He was not wearing his armor, and he was clad in a deep blue kimono, the white undergarment showing across his chest. The man was what, elegant? His gait was leisurely, just the way he remembered it from his first meeting, and thick socks covered his feet. They entered a room with mats strewn on the floor for sitting. A low table sat unobtrusively in the center of the room. Maybe the Lady Rin used this room Yukio thought to himself, knowing his sire had no need for eating the way humans did. Once again he was struck by the fact that there was no scent of humans here, despite the fact several humans, including his father's mate, lived here. The screen door was pushed back, and Yukio got his first look at Inu Yasha, his uncle, who entered, giving a quick look to Sesshoumaru before addressing Yukio.

"You must be Yukio," the hanyou said abruptly as he sat down slightly behind his older, full blooded youkai brother, giving Yukio a chance to compare the two men. Inu Yasha had different features, and didn't have the stripes on his wrists and face, but it was obvious the two were related, and right now, very much united.

"Why're you here?" Inu Yasha asked, hand on the fabled Tetsaiga.

"Rumors of my father's death are all over this country, and there is an active plot afoot to attack this palace and assume control of the West."

"Who came to you?" Sesshoumaru asked softly, his clawed fingers now spread flat on his knees.

"A demon named Isas. He is occupied by a diversion I presented him with, and I used the storm as a cover to come here."

"Will you ally with me against them?" Sesshoumaru asked, steel now underlying the soft voice.

"Yes."

Yukio had not even thought twice about what position he would take in this matter, or the consequences.

"Sakura-sama is now ruling the North, and all the demons are allied behind her, but if you are killed…"

"I understand Yukio," Sesshoumaru said neutrally, turning his eyes down for a few seconds before he looked up at Yukio again.

"You must go back at once, before you are missed. Pretend to join with them, get as much information as you can."

"Yes Sire," Yukio said, the double meaning of the word not lost on either demon in front of him. Sesshoumaru fixed Yukio in his gaze.

"I will stand next to you in that fight."

The three demons were silent, and after a few seconds Yukio rose and headed home. Inu Yasha looked at his brother.

"So, the South is yours."

"Yes brother. And without any blood shed. Yet."

Inu Yasha nodded in agreement.

"I know the location of the humans who attacked you. They are hiding out in an old exterminator village."

"Did you harm them?"

"No. I know you want to do that yourself."

"I have to go to the north first, to make it clear that not only am I alive, but that I am the power behind Lady Sakura."
"When will you go?"

"After we visit the exterminator village."

"Sesshoumaru…"

"I won't kill them, yet. I need you to take me there."

"Let's go."

"I need to change," Sesshoumaru said, heading out of the room. Inu Yasha followed in his wake, anxious to be out. As he walked he realized he'd never been in this part of the castle, and he began to look around at the various things on the walls, realizing these were the heads and bones of demons his father had slain. He was angry that his father had never brought him here, and realized that even that long ago his father had been preparing him and his brother for entirely different futures. The only thing their father had not for seen were Sesshoumaru and Rin, or had he? Sess's sword gave life, and hadn't he done that with Rin? And hadn't Sess, a killer if there ever was one, built his life around the child he'd saved, and hadn't she softened him to the point that he could allow himself to be happy with her, to choose her as his life mate? Sesshoumaru looked back at him, and Inu Yasha met his eyes with a glare from his. Sesshoumaru gave him a sardonic grin before turning around again. A single word opened the door before them, and they stepped inside.

"Whoa," Inu Yasha exclaimed, surprised at the various types and forms of armor Sesshoumaru had here.

"Why…"

"To learn the weaknesses and strengths of them, to see how they can be altered, spelled or changed to be more efficient," Sesshoumaru said calmly, changing into the traveling robes Inu Yasha was familiar with before strapping on his armor. To an untrained eye Sesshoumaru looked fine, but to Inu Yasha he looked weak.

"Are you able to travel?" he asked, knowing what his brother would say.

"Yes," Sesshoumaru snapped.

"Lead the way."

Rin walked into the room and smiled at Kagome.

"Hello Sister. How are you today?"

"Fine. You?"

"I'm fine," Rin said, sitting down and arranging her kimono.

"She's always so beautiful," Kagome thought to herself, thinking about how she chafed under the ministrations of her hand maid who wanted her to be just as beautiful as Rin now was.

"You like getting all dressed up don't you Rin?" Kagome asked.

"I think so, yes," Rin said with a smile.

"I like the look my Master gets in his eyes when he sees me like this," Rin said with a smile.

"You don't like getting dressed for Lord Inu Yasha?"

Kagome blushed.

"This is the first time we've lived like this you know. We're usually out walking, or camping somewhere, so getting dressed was never an issue."

"I guess not. I just, ever since I knew I loved my Lord, I wanted to be as beautiful as I could for him. He appreciates beauty you know."

"No, I don't. Sesshoumaru and Inu Yasha were always at each other's throats…"

"I know. And now?"

Kagome met Rin's eyes, realizing that if they were ever going to truly be like sisters, this had to be talked about.

"I don't know if I like how Inu Yasha is when he's with Sesshoumaru. He almost forgets his human side…"

Rin looked away, surprised at Kagome's statement. When she looked up again, her eyes were questioning.

"But Kagome, you knew he was half demon when you met him. Why does his other side surprise you?"

"How do you do it Rin? How do you know what Sesshoumaru is, and still be with him? I have trouble dealing with the half of Inu Yasha that's demon, and Sesshoumaru is full demon…"

Rin looked up again, meeting Kagome's eyes with a steady, hard gaze.

"As I understand it, Inu Yasha wanted the Shikon jewel to become full demon. If he had done that, been able to do it, would you have gone back to your time and left him?"

"I…"

Kagome had no answer that she wanted to acknowledge, and looked away.

"You have to face this Kagome," Rin said gently, which annoyed Kagome.

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" Kagome snapped at Rin, annoyed that this child was telling her how to think and feel. With a start she realized that Rin was no longer a child, she was a woman, and at peace with herself. She, the older one in the room, had needed to talk to Rin.

"I am the human who admits she loves a demon, and will until the day he dies."

"Demons…"

"Are evil, yes, and as a rule hate humans. I know."

"Rin, I know you don't have any love for our kind after how you were treated, but you still think and feel like a human, you're not a demon. Don't you ever wish Sesshoumaru were…"

"Human? Would I be his mate if that were the case? I was orphaned, no family, and left to die. No human ever fed me, ever showed me any charity or good will. A demon, a Demon Lord, gave me back my life and has taken care of me all my life…"

"Like a father Rin!!!" Kagome said, realizing as she did that she was broaching a subject that had long bothered her. If Sesshoumaru had begun to have intercourse with Rin while she was a child…

"He is the only man I've ever known, and the only man I will ever know," Rin said softly, idly pawing at her kimono. "He has always been more than a father to me Kagome, at least in my heart. I didn't know how deep my feelings went until, well, lots of things happened, and when he finally let himself be with me, it was the happiest day of my life. And I will never leave him."

Rin had not broken eye contact with Kagome while she'd talked, and taking a breath, she continued.

"Kagome, you know that if he had been able to achieve his goal, if Inu Yasha had become full youkai, you would be here with him, in this time, in whatever time you were in. Until you admit that Kagome, you are fooling yourself."

Rin's words were not spoken in anger, or harshly. She spoke very softly, the little girl tone still part of her voice. Her eyes burned with inner fire, the fire of conviction, of truth, and Kagome knew Rin had always known what Sesshoumaru was, what he did, what a killer he was, and had accepted that as part of the man she had come to love.

"Open your eyes Kagome. Accept it. Embrace it the way he's accepted your humanness, the way My Master has accepted mine."

"But doesn't that make you less human?"

"Less morally superior? Is that what you mean? Do you know how many humans come to this mountain and beg My Lord for his assistance in their affairs? At least My Lord is what he is and knows it. The humans come and grovel to him, then turn around and call him names. That's why demons hate humans, the hypocrisy of their actions and words. As long as Inu Yasha acts human, you're fine. He isn't totally human Kagome. I can't say that enough."

"And you're happy that Sesshoumaru is a killer?"

"I love him Kagome, and that means accepting him for what he is. He can't be anything but what he is, and he still finds room in his existence for me. That's what makes me happy Kagome."

Later Kagome lay awake, Rin's words still resounding in her head. Did she think she was superior to Inu Yasha? Did she think he had to be what she wanted him to be and not what he was? Despite her dislike of his ways since they'd been here, he seemed more relaxed, more at home living here with his brother. She knew this had been his home until Sesshoumaru had thrown him and his mother out. Maybe Rin had such an easy time dealing with Sesshoumaru because he was all she'd ever known of safety and security, and becoming his mate was the logical progression in their relationship. She, Kagome, had been raised in a loving family and among humans all of her life, accepted and respected by them.

But she knew that what Rin had said was true. There were certain families in her time that were shunned despite their wealth and power because it was rumored they had made pacts with demons. The adults usually whispered about this when they thought the children couldn't hear them, but she'd been able to hear the comments, and thought them fairy tales. Apparently she was the one who believed in fairy tales she said to herself.

She turned over on her side, sighing Inu Yasha's name. Here, alone, she knew that what Rin had said was true. Youkai or hanyou, she would never leave Inu Yasha's side. And if that made her less in some humans eyes, so be it.

Yore sat in her chambers, eyes closed. Yukio had done just as she thought he would, gone to his sire. He would leave there after pledging his allegiance to his sire, giving the Demon Lord of the West control of the South without a single battle. Her servant entered the room, and bowed deeply.

"My Lady, Lady Hotaru wishes to see you."

"Send her in," Yore said, eyes still closed. By the time Hotaru entered they were wide open however, and Yore took a minute to study her son's official mate. Illness had changed her, made her tough. Hatred burned bright in her now, where there had once only been love for her mate.

"Lady Yore," she bowed, sitting across from the older Demoness.

"Lady Hotaru, you are looking well. It's good to see you up and about."

"Is it? Or would you rather I disappear, go back to my home, and leave him to his breeder?"

"I never said that, and never will. I want you here, if you want to be here."

"I am useless to him now…"

"You are not."
"No? The breeder's father is one of Yukio's vassals. Once she has her pup, her family's position is guaranteed. What role do I play?"

"Chiyo is only a concubine, her status will never change. You are the Lord's mate…"

"Am I? He has never marked me as his. I bet he has marked the breeder…"

"No, he hasn't."
"He is in love with someone else Lady Yore. I don't know who she is, or where she is, but I sense her all around him. He thinks of her constantly. I just don't know why she isn't here instead of me, or her."

Yore decided not to answer sensing that Hotaru knowing the being Yukio loved was human would send her over the edge, especially after what a human had done to her.

Another servant entered, and Yore, peeved, looked at him.

"Isas is here as you requested my Lady."

"Send him in. Hotaru, stay."

Isas entered the room, and seeing two females, both of high rank, stood waiting for permission to speak.

"Yes Isas?"
"I spoke to my Lord the way you instructed me Lady."

"His reaction?"
"He was, pensive, unemotional."

"He went to his sire Isas, which proves to me that Sesshoumaru is still alive, no matter how gravely wounded. The attack was meant to kill him, and it didn't."

"But…"

"Sesshoumaru is more dangerous now than ever."

"Should we call off the attack?"

"Postpone it for now. Lord Yukio will have to tell his vassals we are now under the control of Sesshoumaru. When he does that, we will know what to do."

Isas bowed and left, and Hotaru turned to stare at her mother in law in disbelief.

"You, you tried to kill Lord Sesshoumaru?"

"Yes. I assisted some humans in creating a spell that would weaken him enough for them to kill him. I don't know what happened, the spell should've worked, and he should be dead."

"But he's not…"

"No. If he was Yukio would've been back by now."

"And now Yukio has sided openly with his sire," Hotaru said bitterly.

"Child, why do you hate Sesshoumaru so? He has done nothing to you…"

"The witch is his creature. She wouldn't move without him…"

"Your not having children would not concern Sesshoumaru. The only one to benefit would be a woman."

"Chiyo had this planned all along…"

Yore had not thought along those lines before, but quickly reached a decision.

"It could be. Jomei is someone who wants nothing but the best of mates for his daughters, and you know his daughter mating with Yukio brings him and his family into the picture no matter once removed. His grandson will be Yukio's heir…"

"While I sit like an empty husk at his side. I wish…"

"You wish what child?" Yore said softly, her bronze eyes gleaming.

"I want no harm to come to the child, but my family is the only one who should have a claim. She is nothing…"

"There may be a way Hotaru. You must be very careful that nothing can be traced back to you."

Hotaru leaned forward, all ears.

The attendant demons stood as two human shapes walked silently towards them. They poised themselves to attack until one of them started, then bowed deeply.

"Lord Sesshoumaru. Lord Inu Yasha. Welcome to the lair of Lady Sakura."

Sesshoumaru walked past without a word, and Inu Yasha followed suit, noticing how nervously the demons looked at his sword. He knew they wished they could get him alone and relieve him of it.

Sakura had sensed her father's approach, and had come down to greet him. She was relieved to see him up, he'd been so sick when she'd last seen him, but none of that showed. He was coming here as Lord of the West, not as her father, and she would have to greet him formally.

"My Lord Sesshoumaru. Welcome."

It felt funny calling her father by his title she thought to herself. Her brother Taisho greeted their father the same way. Like their father he was dressed in armor. She alone wore a kimono, an elaborate one, but under it she was dressed for battle.

"I have prepared a place for you to rest after your journey."

"Lord Inu Yasha and I will not be able to stay long my Lady," he said, falling in between his son and daughter. Inu Yasha walked slightly behind them, listening as the servants scurried to make sure no one crossed the Demon Lords way as they walked to the private quarters. Once there Sakura, out of the sight of anyone but family, grinned. Sesshoumaru reached out and touched her face gently.

"Well done Sakura, Taisho. I am very proud of you both."
"We were so worried father…"

"You were not attacked?"

"They were going to. We saw to it that they didn't."

"The General served me long and well," Sesshoumaru said indifferently, sitting next to Inu Yasha on the floor.

"Your brother Yukio came to see me. He was hearing rumors that I was dead."

"Do you think he was behind the plot on your life father?" Taisho asked, leaning forward. Sesshoumaru knew his children didn't really know Yore, so it was natural that they would suspect their half brother.

"The spell on the weapons was demon generated, but not by Yukio. He's neglected that part of his training as well. He came to throw his support to us."

The children took a few seconds to digest the news, and think about its implications.

"Do we wait for the spring to take my domain?" Taisho asked, baring his fangs.

"Are we prepared?" Sesshoumaru asked, meeting his son's eyes.

"We laid the groundwork here first, and because this moved so fast we had to act. The East is a different matter. Akemi doesn't have to come out from under the waves if he doesn't want to. But he has a daughter who likes being among humans, and spends time on land. A lot of time on land."

Taisho understood, and made ready to leave."

"Wait."

Taisho sat back down, obviously annoyed at being held back.

"The plot to kill me failed, for now. But now they will go after you and your sister."

"Who?"

"I suspect Yukio's mother, Yore."

No one challenged him, and he continued.

"Eat nothing you yourself haven't prepared, beware of offerings of assistance, and scout out good shelter during the day, not at night."

"What will you do father?"

"For now nothing. Let them think I'm still weak and unable to travel. When they come after me Inu Yasha and I will have a greeting for them."

"And mother…"

"Your mother will be safe. No harm will come to her."

"Does she know how well we've done?"

"She will when your uncle and I get back."

"I would like her to come here…"

"Not now. When things are secure for us, she will come. I'll bring her."

Sakura smiled, and Sesshoumaru was struck by how much she looked like her mother.

"We have to leave. And Taisho, be careful. Don't let it be known you're away from here. And don't stay away for long periods of time. Remember how we did this. Be careful."

"Yes father."

Rin clapped her hands for joy, and Sesshoumaru smiled. They were alone, and it was all right for both of them to show emotion.

"She has become what you wanted Sesshoumaru. Now Taisho…"

"He will have his turn soon. And then we will be free to do as we wish."

"How?"

"Rin, I've asked a lot of you over the years, I've asked you to put aside your humanness and raise our pups as demons would be raised. I came very close to dying, closer than I ever have, and I realized a lot of things, mainly how much I need you with me."

"Sesshoumaru…"

"Listen to me Rin. Emotions are not my domain, I'm a demon. But you've wakened them in me, you've made me at least acknowledge that I do have them. And I want you happy, to be able to sing for me like you do freely, without to worry about what the court will say."

"But…"

"If you wish, if it's possible, we can have children again, and they could be whatever you wish them to be."

Rin was speechless, and he pulled her to him, lifting her and placing her in his lap idly undoing her braid.

"If you don't want that…"

"Sesshoumaru, I would like to be able to spend time with you, alone with you. Do you realize we haven't done that since I became your mate? When I was a child we traveled so many places and had so many adventures…"

"I don't know if we can do that now Rin," Sesshoumaru said, reveling in the feel of her close to his body.

"It seems the spells on the weapons were of demon origin…"
"Who…"

"Yore."

"Yukio's mother."

"Yes. She wants the domain for herself, and apparently she's working with humans against demon kind."

"She will kill them when she's achieved her goals…"

"They don't know that," he said, smoothing her hair back from her neck and kissing her just under her ear. His actions were distracting, and Rin allowed her hands to touch his ears, wanting to hear more about what was going on, and who had tried to kill her mate.

"I told Yukio to kill her, but he's not ready for that yet. I will have to do it myself."

"Inu Yasha has the Tetsaiga…"

"This is personal. She won't be easy to trap and kill, but I will do it."

Rin felt his sex pressing against her, and opened her robes before positioning herself so he could ease her onto him. His tongue lapped at her nipple, and she sighed as he took the straining bud into his mouth. Talk could come later.

Kagome greeted Inu Yasha with a deep bow, and he looked at her with a question in his eyes.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked, taking off his red outer robe and hanging the Tetsaiga on its hook.

"What's for dinner?" he asked, walking over to where the pots sat and lifting the lids to see what smelled so good.

"I had them make your favorite."

She was still being very formal, and Inu Yasha looked at her.

"Kagome, you're freaking me out. What is it?"

"I had a talk with Rin today…"

He sat down and she began to serve him, the smell of the food distracting him momentarily.

"I owe you an apology," she said, meeting his eyes.
"For what?" he asked, shoving food into his mouth.

"For wanting you to be only partly yourself."

"Kagome, you're giving me a headache. What is it you want to say?"

"I was going to start a big fight with you tonight and ask that we leave this place, that we take our chances outside. But you're happy here, this is where you grew up. And it scared me how easily you become your demon self in this place, with Sesshoumaru. I wanted the Inu Yasha I had created in my head."

"Kagome, you're getting too deep for me…"

"No I'm not Inu Yasha, and you know it. I want to apologize for making you have to choose."

He finished eating and looked at her.

"This is how it should've been for Sess and me all along. Maybe we both had to grow up."

He reached over and took her hand.

"I know you're not happy here, that being totally immersed in a demon reality is not what you're used to, but this is my world, our world. Rin can help you, but you have to stop looking at her as the little kid who tailed behind Sess all those years ago. The demons here really respect her as the human she is, and their Lord's mate."

"I guess they think I'm a dumb human…"

"They think of you as a miko like they always have. You could see the shards remember? And you can cleanse it too."

"I'm haven't been a virgin for a long time Inu Yasha," she said, blushing deeply while he rubbed her fingers.

"I am a demon Kagome. Hanyou maybe, but demon. I never wanted to be anything else until I met you, and I wanted to be worthy of you so you wouldn't leave me for some totally human guy, like Hojo or whatever his name is."

"I knew that Inu Yasha. I just thought about how you were going to give up your power for Kikyo and I thought being more human than demon was what you wanted."

"I just wanna be me with you Kagome. I thought you knew that by now," he said softly, kissing her gently.

"I need to hear it sometimes you know? Otherwise I go off on a tangent…"

"No tangents right now okay?" he said, his hand slipping into her under robe and finding her breasts, their nipples already straining for his touch.

"No, none," she said as she opened her mouth to him.