InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Destined for Me ❯ Chapter 39 ( Chapter 39 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 39
 
Kagome woke up the next morning feeling dazed. She didn't understand where she was as her eyes came into focus. She looked to her right as she saw Sesshomaru sitting next to her with a concern look in his eyes. He looked like he had not slept at all as she rolled over to her side and asked, “Sesshomaru what happened? Why are you so worried?”
 
Sesshomaru sighed she didn't remember anything about yesterday and he wished that he could keep it from her. But she had to know what happened in case it happened again and she lost control.
 
“Kagome, do you remember what happened yesterday?” asked Sesshomaru with a bit of worry in his voice.
 
Kagome started to think and she couldn't remember anything other than being in the garden with her guards. She furrowed her eyebrows together as she thought. She remembered being outside in the garden then smelling something wonderful in the air and knew it was matsutake mushroom.
 
She remembered that she wanted to go and collect them so she could cook with it as she made her way outside then it was all a big blur. She looked at Sesshomaru and told him what she remembered as she waited for him to fill in all the missing pieces.
 
Sesshomaru sighed, he had gotten the story from her guards on what happened when they were out in the forest. “Kagome you went to pick some mushroom from a fallen Japanese Red Pine. You found the tree and gathered them all up with the help of the others. You were returning from the forest when you were attacked.
 
The Anaguma youkai had dug a tunnel underground to get to the castle. They were determined to take you away from here and your guards protected you. There was a silencing barrier set up that protected them and prevented us from hearing the attack. You went into a blood rage by the time I got there.”
 
Kagome's eyes started to water when she heard what her mate was saying. She was starting to remember when she broke out in tears and tried to leave the bed.
 
Sesshomaru held her tight against his chest for he didn't know why she wanted to leave. His mate struggled in his embrace as he said, “Kagome, calm yourself, where are you going?”
 
Kagome stopped her struggling as she looked up at him and said, “Sesshomaru what happened to Nasume? Please I have to know!”
 
Sesshomaru held her tighter in his arms as he started to purr and said, “Nasume is all right. I healed her wounds and she survived the attack.”
 
Kagome finally relaxed into his arms as she let his soothing purrs calm her soul. When she had seen Nasume get attacked she lost it. She was her best friend and couldn't bare the thought of losing her.
 
She stirred in her mates arms as she said, “I need a bath. I still have the Anaguma stench on me and it's driving me crazy.”
 
Sesshomaru smiled as he picked her up and took her to take her bath. He would enjoy getting that stench off her as he put his scent back on. He couldn't stand that stench either but he had to put up with it until she had awakened.
 
While they were resting in the hot springs Sesshomaru got his chance to talk to her, “Kagome, we must make a visit to the Southern Lands. Inuyasha has stated that there is trouble in that area. He and General Hisoka have been unable to find the ones responsible that are destroying villages in the Southern Regions. He has requested our help and we have to leave sometime today.”
 
Kagome understood what he was saying he was not about to leave her behind knowing that she was attacked. She was slowing down because of the pup and she was scared of using her powers and hurting it. She was glad when Sesshomaru told her that the pup was all right. She had not hurt it when she let her purifying powers go. She was also surprised that she did not purify her guards. She didn't even know that she had done that.
 
They left the hot springs, as they got ready to leave. She left instructions with Rin and Shippo on how to contact her if they had any problems. She was sad to go because she would be left alone or would have to stay by Sesshomaru's side the whole time she was there. At least here in the castle of the west she had some freedom from his possessiveness.
 
When she walked outside she was surprised to see that Nasume was standing there waiting for her. She was so happy to see her that she completely forgot she was pregnant as she rushed to her side and gave her a big hug.
 
The pup inside her was not happy as it kicked its mother to let her know it was there. The two women pulled apart when they felt the pup kick as they started to laugh. Nasume was the first to recover as she said, “Milady, I will be coming with you to keep you company. Lord Sesshomaru trusts in my ability to protect you.”
 
Kagome smiled knowing that she was coming with her as they walked towards Ah and Un. Sesshomaru was letting the dragon come along so he could carry Kagome and to protect her in case of trouble.
 
The dragon didn't care, he was happy to be with his mistress as they lowered themselves to the ground so she could get on. Once his mistress was securely on his back he stood up waiting for his lords orders.
 
When Sesshomaru was ready to leave he gave a nod to the dragon as they took off toward the south. The trip there was uneventful as they flew with speed across the land.
 
Kagome noticed the countryside as they traveled. A lot of the villages were looking good and the fields were full with food. As they flew over several villages the people stopped to wave at them as Kagome returned the jester. They knew who was flying over them since Sesshomaru image was an imposing one over the lands.
 
She looked at her mate from the corner of her eye. He was a magnificent creature. He stood tall on his demonic cloud, head held high for all to see. His hair was whipping behind him as he traveled, along with his tail. It was a beautiful sight as she started to think other things about her mate.
 
She suddenly imagined her Taiyoukai flying in the sky with no clothes on, his masculine body standing straight and tall. His pale skin was shinning in the sun as his sun kissed orbs scanned over the countryside.
 
Kagome suddenly felt her arouse go sky high. `Oh shit! Now is not the time to be thinking about him like that. He will smell my arousal and we won't be going anywhere for a while. I have to get my mind off him. Damn those books were right, we females do get hornier when we're pregnant.'
 
Kagome quickly turned her mind to something that was no as arousing as her mate. Pictures of Jakin, the ugly green toad, came into her mind as she cringed. That worked for it got rid of her arousal very quickly.
 
But her efforts were for nothing because Sesshomaru had already smelled her arousal as he looked at her from the corner of his eye. He saw her turn bright red when she realized what she was doing and quickly thought about something else.
 
He had found that he liked Kagome being pupped. Even though her emotions were always in turmoil she was very responsive when it came to their desires. She was more aggressive and he liked that. She had shown him so many things that he didn't know nor he had seen in that talking box back at her house. He couldn't wait to get to the Southern castle so he could ravish her body. That would teach her to think dirty thoughts while they were traveling with someone else.
 
They continued heading toward the southern castle when off in the distance they noticed fire in one of the villages. Kagome became concerned as she turned to her mate and said, “Sesshomaru there is a village getting attacked. We should see if we could help them.”
 
Sesshomaru growled as he said, “I will not chance you getting hurt in the battle down below. We will continue to go to the southern castle then I will return with some help for the villagers.”
 
Kagome's anger was peaked as she said, “Sesshomaru you can't go off and leave them like this! We have to help them. I will stay safe I have Ah, Un, and Nasume is with me. Those people need our help now and by the time you return to help some could already be dead.”
 
Sesshomaru looked at his mate and he was about to put her in her place when he noticed that her eyes had gone blood red with anger. He had seen this look before when they had fought about the child that she had delivered in that one village. He wanted her submission and ended up biting her so she would submit. She had almost bled to death because of his mistake. He had turned her into a cold-blooded youkai that rejected her own children because of his demands.
 
He promised himself that he would never do that to her again. He had to learn that she cared for the people of his lands and she would do anything that was within her powers to help them. He sighed as he said, “Very well we will head in that direction. You are to stay on Ah and Un where you will be safe from danger. Once the enemy has left the area then you can come down and help the villagers.”
 
Kagome agreed with his request. He was at least listening to her pleas for the people so it was a step in the right direction. They flew with speed as they headed toward the village that was under siege.
 
It took them only a few minutes to get to the village as they observed what was going on. It looked to be a rouge band of demons that was attacking the village. They had no skills what so ever. They looked like they didn't want anything from the village only to destroy it.
 
Sesshomaru took out Tokijin as he flew down toward the battle. He was in the thick of battle with the enemy as he killed hundreds of the rouge demons. He was pushing them back away from the village as he continued to battle with the villagers to salvage their homes.
 
Kagome looked down to see what was going on. She noticed that the main attack was coming from the north and east as the west and south were left alone. She found this to be odd and decided to have Ah, and Un go down just a bit so she could get a better look at that area.
 
Nasume had warned Kagome not to go down too far for she might get attacked and risk the lord's wrath. She had given her word that she would not land until the village was safe for her and her companions.
 
Kagome noticed that there was a group of demons that was approaching the rear of the village. The woman and children were being kept there in order to protect them while the battle raged around them.
 
Kagome couldn't risk using her powers as she reached into her kimono and pulled out some sutra's. She held several in her hand as she started her spell. When she was done the sutras flew out of her hands as they went in different directions.
 
The sutras attached themselves to the four corners of the village and once the last one was placed they all started to glow. They formed a powerful barrier around the woman and children keeping them safe as the demons that where approaching from the rear got ready to attack.
 
Kagome watched with amusement as the demon attacked the rear of the village only to find that there was a purifying barrier that met them head on. They never saw the barrier as they ran right into it and were destroyed.
 
Kagome had the satisfaction of helping in the fight by not being directly in the line of fire.
 
Nasume had watched everything with amusement. Her mistress knew how to fight and still keep her word to her lord. She had protected the rear of the village without any help and killed the approaching demons that were about to attack.
 
Kagome and Nasume continued to circle the village until Sesshomaru and the village men drove off the attacking force. When he turned around and started toward the village he saw Kagome's barrier protecting it. He looked up in the sky and noticed his mate still safe in the air. He would have to ask her how she put up a barrier without her being down on the ground.
 
He signaled for her to come down and the dragon landed right in front of him as he eyed his mate. Kagome saw the look in his eyes as she sighed and said, “Sutras.”
 
Sesshomaru furrowed his eyebrows together as he was trying to understand her comments. Kagome saw the confusion in his eyes as she said, “You were going to ask me how I put a barrier around the village to protect it while I was in the air.” He nodded yes to her question. She pulled some sutras out of her kimono as she showed him.
 
He understood and he knew that she had kept her promise to him by not coming down. He helped her down from the dragon as she walked over to the wounded. There were mostly cuts nothing too serious as she helped the village healers bandage the wounds of the injured. She didn't have to use her healing powers and for this she was grateful.
 
Once everyone was taken care of she lowered her barrier and looked around the area. She felt a presence in the near distance. She felt like she was being watched as the hairs on the back of her neck started to stand up.
 
She concentrated on this feeling of hers as she tried to pinpoint the threat. She knew that this fight was not over yet and that there would be more attacks in the near future. The auras were illusive and she couldn't find them. But if she had to guess she thought that it was the rouge demons that were still in the area. They had formed a pack and were now terrorizing the area. They were also hiding their auras and scents so she couldn't pick up where they were located.
 
She felt their hatred when they spotted her. They knew that Sesshomaru was here from the west to lend his brother a hand in trying to defeat them. She couldn't understand why they were attacking the villages of the area. These people didn't do anything to anyone to deserve this.
 
Kagome had been standing in one place for too long without moving and that caught Sesshomaru attention. He went to her side as his tail slipped around her waist and pulled her to his side as he said, “Kagome? What to do sense in the area?”
 
Kagome seemed to be in a trance as she replied in a monotone voice, “Sesshomaru, this new threat seems to be very organized. They work expertly together to bring down each village. They know that Inuyasha is lord to this area and they want him out of these lands. They won't stop until they have destroyed the Southern Lands. They also know that I'm here with you and that we came to help Inuyasha fight this threat.”
 
Kagome seemed to go weak in the knees as Sesshomaru caught her and picked her up in his arms. She had over done it today and needed to rest. Sesshomaru turned to the village headman as he said, “We must leave now. I will send some help to this village upon my return to the Southern castle. Rest assured that you will have plenty of food to feed your village come winter. We will deal with this threat swiftly.”
 
The villagers bowed deeply to the Lord of the Western Lands as they saw he form his demonic cloud under his feet and take off into the sky. They were heading toward the Southern castle at a fast pace.
 
Nasume followed her lord as the dragon flew with speed. He was keeping up with the Western Lord with no problem. It took them about an hour to finally reach the Southern castle as they saw Inuyasha rush outside to greet them.
 
~oOo~
 
Inuyasha was patiently waiting for his brother to arrive. He should have been here with Kagome over two hours ago. He was starting to get worried that something might had happened to them as he caught his brothers scent in the air.
 
He breathed a sigh of relief knowing that they were safe as he made his way outside so he could greet them properly. When his brother landed in front of the castle he immediately noticed the blood stains on his brother's clothes. He began to worry that something might have happened to Kagome as he rushed to his side. Once he got there he quickly asked, “Sesshomaru? What happened? Is Kagome all right?”
 
The rush of questions irritated Sesshomaru as he started to walk into the castle. He would answer his irritating brother as long as it shut him up for a few minutes so he could think. “Kagome is fine, she is just exhausted from the trip here. There was a village that was attacked and we went to help them. Kagome refused to come here first so we could get help.
 
I didn't let her into the battle so she used her powers to cast spells on sutras and placed them around the village to protect them.
 
There is a group of rouge demons that is attacking the villages. They are very good in hiding their auras and scents. Kagome could not locate them even thought she felt them in the near distance.
 
I want you to send some help to that village they are located about 75 miles due north of here. Make sure that they are not attacked again. We will have to shift food to that area before winter. Those bastards almost destroyed all of the fields that would have feed the villagers all through the winter.
 
I am willing to discuss this in more detail with you, but first I want to put Kagome down so she could rest.”
 
Inuyasha bowed to his brother in apologies for keeping him waiting. He knew that Kagome needed to rest as he stepped aside to allow him to go to the Lords chambers. He looked behind Sesshomaru to find that Nasume was standing there quietly waiting.
 
He smiled warmly at her as his cheeks flushed a light pink and he said, “Nasume! I didn't know that you came along with Sesshomaru and Kagome.”
 
Nasume smiled as she bowed and said, “Lord Inuyasha, its nice to see you again. I am here to keep Kagome company. That way Lord Sesshomaru can concentrate on the threat to the Southern Lands.
 
Inuyasha scratched the back of his neck as he said, “I can have someone show you around the castle, that way you will know where everything is without asking.”
 
Nasume smiled warmly at his suggestion as she agreed to the tour of the Southern castle. From what she had seen so far it was beautiful. They both left the area as Inuyasha introduced her to Minagi. He instructed her to show Nasume around the castle as he turned to meet his brother who was coming back down the stairs.
 
Nasume turned to Minagi and asked, “Could you please show me where Lady Kagome is resting?”
 
Minagi bowed as she said, “Yes, milady please come with me.”
 
Nasume chuckled and said, “Please don't call me milady. I'm Lady Kagome's personal servant and guard. I'm the same as you so I don't need the honorifics. I just want to know where everything is so if milady needs anything I could tend to her properly.”
 
Minagi eyes grew big when she asked, “Your Lady Kagome's guard? How did you get that honor?”
 
Nasume giggled as she followed Minagi upstairs to the Lords chambers while she explained how she got to be Lady Kagome's guard.
 
Minagi introduced Nasume to all of the castle servants. They were fascinated that she was the Lady of the South guard for no female has ever been bestowed such an honor. They all noticed the katana that she had at her side as they asked where she had gotten it.
 
Nasume explained that the katana was very special. Lord Sesshomaru had one made for each of Lady Kagome's guards. She told them that there were a total of six guards for her and that they were all females. Her lord had said that if the sword was ever pulled from its sheath he would know that his mate was in danger and he would come to protect her. Their job was to protect Kagome until he arrived.
 
Nasume recounted the attack they had at the western castle and how she almost had died had it not been for her lord that healed her wounds.
 
There was a great deal of respect for the female demoness that stood before the rest of the servants. They knew that she had to prove herself to their lord in order to have the honor of protecting the Lady of the South. They knew that she was not one to be mess with if their lord personally trained her.
 
Nasume excused herself from the group of servants as she made her way toward Kagome's room. She had been gone long enough and needed to do her job. She had a complete understanding of the castle as she reached her ladies bedchambers. She listened to see if Lord Sesshomaru was in there and when she didn't sense his aura she knocked and then slowly opened the door.
 
To her delight Kagome was still asleep as she took her position by her bedside as she waited for her to wake up so she could tend to her.
 
~oOo~
 
Kagome woke up a few hours later. She had a tremendous headache as she rubbed her temples with her fingers. She didn't know that using that little bit of power could cause her this much pain but she guessed that her fighting days were over for now. She had to wait another two months before the pup was born and she was determined to keep it safe.
 
Kagome heard the rustle of clothing as she opened her eyes to see who was in the room with her. When her eyes finally got into focus she saw Nasume standing there next to her bed with a concerned look in her eyes.
 
“Kagome are you in pain?” asked Nasume with concern in her voice.
 
Kagome sighed as she said, “Yes I have a headache. I didn't know that using that small amount of power would do this to me. I guess I'm not going to be able to use them at all until the pup is born.”
 
Nasume nodded her understanding as she said, “Don't worry Kagome I will get you some tea that will take the pain away and not hurt the pup.”
 
Kagome agreed as she rolled over on her side and closed her eyes again.
 
Nasume left the bedchambers as she went looking for her lord. She needed to tell him that she was awake and in pain. She quickly found them on the ground floor with his brother as she knocked on the door. She waited patiently to be let in as she heard Lord Inuyasha say, “Come in Nasume.”
 
She opened the door and stepped into the room as she bowed deeply to Sesshomaru as she said, “Milord, milady is awake now but in pain. She has a headache and I'm on my way to the kitchen to get her some tea.”
 
Before Nasume could say another word Sesshomaru was gone out of the room as he headed straight for his mate.
 
Anytime someone mentioned that Kagome was in pain he panic. He never wanted his mate to be in pain as he rushed to her side. When he finally got to their bedchambers he quickly walked in and noticed his mates discomforts.
 
He sat by her side as he watched her sleep. Then he bent down and started to purr in order to bring her some comfort and relieve the pain.
 
Kagome heard when her mate had walked into the room. She was still in pain as she kept her eyes closed and waited for the pain to go away. She felt when Sesshomaru sat next to her as he started to purr and offer her some comfort. His purrs helped her to get calm and took away her headaches. She relaxed and purred her delight, as she was feeling better. He knew how to take away her pain. She felt when he nuzzled her and she returned the affection.
 
When Sesshomaru heard Kagome's purrs and he was happy. It meant that he was able to take away her pain. He nuzzled her as he brought her closer to his body. He wanted her near and with this pup it had taken its toll on her body. He would have to keep a closer eye on her to make sure she stayed safe.
 
Kagome opened her eyes, as she saw nothing but silver hair. She took in a deep breath and relished her mate's scent. It had a soothing affect on her. It was like taking medicine without the bad taste. Whenever he was near she always felt better, she didn't know why this happened and she didn't care as long as he was with her.
 
They both heard a knock on the door as Sesshomaru growled and sat up on the bed. He sniffed as he said, “Come in Nasume.”
 
Nasume waited until her lord let her in the room. She didn't want to interrupt anything as she waited patiently by the door. Once he told her to come in she opened the door and placed the tea that she had for Kagome on the table next to the bed. She bowed deeply and left the room to give them their privacy.
 
Kagome sat up and with shaky hands she reached for her tea. Sesshomaru seeing that she would never be able to hold the cup on her own reached for it himself and helped her drink the tea.
 
Once Kagome drank her tea she sat back in bed and closed her eyes. She was feeling better but she didn't understand what was wrong or why she was feeling like this. She got an idea as she turned to Sesshomaru and said, “Sesshomaru, I need raw meat. It's been a while since I had any and I think that is the problem I am having. Could you please get me some?”
 
Sesshomaru's eyes opened wide when she said this. He had completely forgotten about that since he had been busy with the affairs of the land. He had hoped that the servant could get her to eat the raw meat but he knew that she wouldn't do it on her own. He had to bring her inner inu out for her to eat it.
 
“I'll be right back mate.” said Sesshomaru as he got up and left the room. He found Nasume standing outside the door like always and instructed her to bring some raw meat for his mate and plenty of liver.
 
Nasume rushed down the hallway to get what Kagome needed. She too had forgotten to tell him that they couldn't get her to eat the raw meat unless he was present. When Nasume made it to the kitchen she instructed the cooks on what kind of meat she needed for the Lady of the castle.
 
The servant scrambled around the kitchen as they quickly got the food ready for their lady. When the food was prepared they showed it to Nasume for her approval. She smiled and told them they did a wonderful job as she took the meat and left in a hurry to bring it to Kagome. She reached the bedchambers as she quickly knocked on the door and handed the tray to her lord when he answered the door.
 
Sesshomaru was surprised at how quickly Nasume had brought the meat up to the room. He had been rubbing Kagome's back as he tried to comfort her when he heard the knock on the door. He got up and answered it as he took the tray from Nasume.
 
He finally got Kagome's inner inu to come out as she feasted on the meat that was in front of her. Sesshomaru's inner inu took great care to make sure he got all the blood off his mate. He purred and her inner inu purred back to his delight. She was feeling better as she was playfully nipping at his ear.
 
A low growl was heard coming from Sesshomaru as he enjoyed her attention but too soon the time came that they had to go back. They both returned to normal and when they looked into each other's eyes they noticed that they were back to normal.
 
Sesshomaru still had the playfulness of his inner inu as he gently teased his mate. He remembered her arousal from when they were traveling here and he was going to make her pay for thinking naughty thoughts about him.
 
Soon you could hear the laughter coming from the room, as his mate was feeling better. They left them alone for the rest of the day as Kagome rested from their long travel, along with a very sedated Sesshomaru by her side.
 
~oOo~
 
Off in the distance, deep in a mountain cave, the rouge demons were gathering. They were the misfits of packs and villages. They were called the outcast because they had dared challenge the leaders of the pack and lost or they lost to a stronger alpha for the right to lead.
 
They had come to the Southern Lands because of the leader they had picked. He was the strongest one out of all who challenged to become alpha. He had defeated each one in battle and became the alpha of the misfit bunch.
 
At first their leader had traveled alone for a long time when he was cast out of his pack. His pack rejected him as alpha because he chose to go after a female that had already chosen a mate and rejected him.
 
It was a lonely existence for one who was rejected from their pack. Forced to wonder the land by themselves, never to have company. He started to meet others that were like him and they started traveling together. Soon his new pack grew bigger as others sought them out and joined their group.
 
They had heard that the Western Lord had taken over the Southern Lands. He started thinking on the best way to get his female mate away from him as he had formed a plan in his mind. The female would be with him and it should be easy enough to take her away from him.
 
They made plans to go to the Southern Lands. Many of his new pack didn't want to go there because they knew food was scarce in that area. But he convinced them that they should go get this female who was the most powerful demoness in all the land and that if they had her they could rule the south.
 
His new pack decided that this was a good idea as they made up their minds and went to the Southern Region. At first it was hard on them because food was scarce but then one night a bright flash of light lit up the entire area. When they were able to see again they noticed that there was fresh game in the area as they hunted to have their fill of food.
 
Slowly they made their way toward the southern castle but by the time they got there and sent in their spies the female had already gone back to the Western Lands. This got their leader to thinking as he got information that the hanyou brother was left in charge of the South.
 
A big smirk appeared on his face as he thought of a new plan. He called his men together as he filled them in on what he wanted to do. They all agreed with his plans. But first they had to find a permanent place they could call home before they started on their plan.
 
They had traveled the Southern Lands searching for the perfect place for them. They found this cave deep in the mountains and made it their home. Then he started to make plans for taking down the hanyou and then taking control over the Southern Lands. He would enjoy making the mutt pay for letting his brother mate with his woman.
 
Koga the former leader of the wolf pack of the north now had a new pack to call his own. His once neat appearance was replaced with a ragged one. His hair was mussed and dirty, instead of having it in a high ponytail like he used to wear it, now it was down in a low ponytail.
 
His clothes were torn and dirty. His hardened face was full of scars because of the many months of suffering being on his own. For a wolf to be alone without being a part of a pack was pure torture. Now he had another pack and he had a purpose. To bring down the brothers that caused him so much pain and get the woman that he had claimed as his own.
 
Slowly they started to plant seeds of hate among the lower lords. They were the ones to openly challenge Inuyasha and had refused to listen to him because he was a hanyou. Koga witness one of the fights that Inuyasha fought against one of the lord and he had changed.
 
He was more mature than before. He had complete control over his temper and he used his sword with more skill. He also noticed that his sword held more power in it than it ever had before. He also noticed that he had his markings showing his royal heritage. You could clearly see the crescent moon on his forehead indicating that he was second in line to take over the Western Lands if something was to happen to his brother.
 
He saw as Inuyasha handled each threat with ease as he took control over the Southern Lands. He ruled with a gentle heart as the people from the Southern Lands accepted him as their lord.
 
This change in the hanyou and his new position caused Koga to rethink his strategy. He pulled everyone back to the mountain as they came up with a new plan of attack. They decided to destroy the Southern Lands piece by piece and when the time was right they would bring down both brothers and claim both the Southern and Western Lands.
 
This plan although ambitious was proving to be the best plan of attack. They would go into a village destroy it and then leave before anyone showed up to help the villagers. This was causing the people of the land to doubt the hanyou ability to protect them as each time they disappeared from the village before reinforcements came.
 
They decided to attack this one village because they had the greatest amount of youkai females. His men needed something to occupy their time and decided to take this village. The main force attacked from the north and east. While another group made their way behind the fighting villagers to where they were hiding their females.
 
Everything was going according to plan. They were burning down the village as they went and they had the village men occupied while they went after the real prize.
 
Koga was standing on a hilltop while he observed what was going on down below. He smirked as he thought that they would soon have some entertainment. Everything was going according to plan as a new scent drifted in on the wind. He sniffed, he recognized this scent as he tried to remember where he knew it from.
 
When he looked back down to the village, to see how his men were doing, he noticed a new youkai that had come into the battle. He saw the white hair and instantly knew who it was. Sesshomaru had finally showed up and was now cutting his forces in half all by himself.
 
He caught another scent of sandalwood and honey. He knew this scent as he was frantically looking around for her. He knew she was here as he looked up and saw her. She was more beautiful now than she was before. Her long blue/black hair billowing behind her as the wind hit it just right, while she rode a dragon steed in the sky.
 
She didn't come down into the battle but he saw her throw something from the sky as they spread out and landed in different parts of the village. He saw his men attacking the rear of the village and soon they would have their women to keep them company. But before they made it even five feet from the edge of the village they hit something as they were all purified.
 
Koga growled as he ordered a retreat of his forces while he still had some men to fight with. He was losing badly and with Kagome putting up a barrier that can purify his men they will not be able to get what they wanted.
 
The rouge demons retreated into the forest as they made their way back to the mountains. Koga stayed behind as he saw the dragon descend from the sky. It landed right in front of Sesshomaru as he walked over to the dragon and helped Kagome get down.
 
He noticed right away that she was pupped and this set his rage on fire. `How dare he pup her! She is my woman and the only pups she will have will be mine!'
 
A new plan was forming in his mind as an evil smile came over his features and he thought, `Enjoy Kagome while you can Sesshomaru because soon I will have her as my mate, as for your pup, well I will enjoy killing it and then I will pup her.' He turned as he left with the rest of his pack to make plans for kidnapping Kagome.
 
They had reached the cave in the mountains as he gathered his men. Then he started to lay out his plans. “Sesshomaru is back in the Southern Lands. The female with the blue/black hair is his mate Kagome. We need to come up with a plan to take her away from him. If we can succeed then we will have control over Sesshomaru. He would not risk her life or the pup she carries.”
 
The men started to grumble and talk among themselves as Koga continued. “We have to come up with a plan to take her. She is almost ready to give birth to that pup so she will be weak. The swords she wears on the side of her hips protect her so we must find a time when she is not wearing them or we will be purified if we touch her.”
 
One of the men spoke up as he said, “Yea I saw another female with her and she seems to be protecting her. She never left her side while she was at the village.”
 
Koga took this in as he thought, and then someone else had an idea. “Hey Koga, I know of a secret passageway that leads to the lords chambers. If we take her from there when she is sleeping then she won't be wearing those swords. But that other demoness might be in the room with her.”
 
Koga got an evil smile on his face as a new plan formed. “That sounds like a good idea. We can cause a disturbance somewhere else and make Sesshomaru and Inuyasha leave Kagome in the castle for her safety. We can sneak in and then grab her before anyone knows what is going on.”
 
Everyone agreed to the plan as they started to get the finer details outlined so they could set their plan in motion. His men did not have to know that he had no intentions of giving her back and he would make sure that she lost that pup she was carrying.
 
It took them a few days to get the plan set up. Everyone had their orders as Koga went with the group that was going to sneak into the castle. He would be the one to take Kagome from Sesshomaru and he was going to rub it in his face. They all left the cave as they set their plans into motion. Soon they will have the Lady of the West and they would rule everything.
 
~oOo~
 
After Kagome had eaten the raw meat she felt a lot better. Her body needed the nutrients that the meat provided to her. She still needed Sesshomaru help to bring out her inner inu to eat because she just couldn't do it on her own. Plus she enjoyed his inner inu attention. He was very possessive yet very affectionate toward her inner inu.
 
Sesshomaru made it a point to always be with her when she needed to eat so he could make sure that she ate the raw meat. Her body needed it now more than ever with the pup getting so big.
 
After a couple of days Kagome went about her normal routine in the mornings she would walk with Nasume through the garden. She showed her everything that she had planted there and Nasume was amazed at the way the garden looked. It suited Kagome so well and it was all her.
 
Nasume thought that the western castle gardens were beautiful but this one was far better. Kagome had taken great care to select only the best flowers to grow here and her roses were the prettiest she had ever seen. Their blooms were big and the fragrance was wonderful.
 
They were sitting in the garden when they heard footsteps coming their way. Nasume was instantly on her feet as her hand reached her sword then relaxed when she picked up the scent of her lord and Inuyasha.
 
She bowed deeply to Lord Sesshomaru and gave a gentle smile to Inuyasha as they approached.
 
Kagome saw all of this as she thought, `Hmm, I wonder if Nasume has feelings for Inuyasha?'
 
Kagome noticed the blush on Inuyasha's face as they came her way. This was something that she would have to investigate a little later once her mate was gone from her side. It was time for a girl talk with Nasume and if her suspicions was correct she thinks that Inuyasha has just found himself a mate.
 
Kagome hoped that she was reading the signs correctly. She would hate to see her friend go but if it meant that she would make Inuyasha happy then she was all for it.
 
Sesshomaru came to a stop by his mate as he sat by her while Inuyasha and Nasume walked away from where they were sitting.
 
Kagome looked at her mate and noticed the concern look in his eyes as she waited for the bad news that he would bring her.
 
It was hard for Sesshomaru to speak his mind this time to Kagome because he knew she would get upset but he didn't have a choice. She needed to stay in the castle so she could be safe. He let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding as he started to speak to his mate.
 
“Kagome, we have received word that the rogue youkai that attacked that one village is on the move again. They are heading toward a village that is due south from here. Inuyasha and I have decided to take a strong force to see if we can get rid of these youkai once and for all.
 
I will need for you to stay here while I'm gone. I can't afford to let you get hurt in a battle. You can't continue to use your powers because it will hurt you or worse it could hurt our pup. The pup is getting bigger and it's slowing you down by taking away your energy. I need to know that you are safe while we take care of this threat to the Southern Lands.” He watched Kagome closely as he felt her upset. He knew this was going to be hard for her. They have not been separated since they have been mated and she had grown used to being by his side.
 
Kagome's heart was pounding in her chest. He wanted her to stay behind while he went to fight the rouge youkai. This didn't sound right to Kagome. For months they have been moving around the Southern Lands attacking different villages. Then leaving before any help could arrive. Now all of a sudden they are leaving a trail for them to follow and it sounded like a trap.
 
She was breathing hard as she said, “Sesshomaru, there is something wrong with this scenario. For months now they have been evading your soldiers. You have not been able to get close to these youkai and now you receive word that they are about to attack a village south of here. It all sounds like a trap to me and I want to go with you.”
 
This was one time that he was not going to give in to her and let her come along. He stood as he growled, “Kagome you are not coming with us. You are to stay here and be protected. I know that this could be a trap but we must meet it head on. If there is a chance that we can get rid of these youkai from the Southern Lands then I'm willing to take the risk and walk into a trap. But I can't let you get into danger.”
 
Kagome was slowly losing her temper as she stood to face her mate. She didn't want to be left behind as she said, “I won't be in the battle. Nasume could come with me and I will be on Ah and Un. You know that they can protect me but please don't leave me behind. This does not feel right and I'm afraid that it might be a trap.”
 
“No, you will stay here!” Said Sesshomaru with finality to his voice. It didn't leave any room to argue.
 
Kagome went to open her mouth as a vicious snarl came from Sesshomaru. He spoke in Inu Youkai language to her, as he demanded, “Female will submit to the alpha male. You will stay here to protect our pup!”
 
Kagome backed away from him as tears started to come out of her eyes. She turned as she left him in the garden to go back into the castle. She understood what he had said and there was no convincing him into letting her go with him.
 
She ran as fast as her legs would allow her as she raced to her room. She had a bad feeling about all of this but he wouldn't listen to her instincts. Once in her room she began to cry her heart out. She still couldn't understand why he was being this way with her. She could still protect herself and the pup but he was treating her like she was a weak human again.
 
Nasume heard the snarls coming from her lord as she turned in time to see Kagome race into the castle. She turned to Inuyasha with a look of sorrow in her eyes. She bowed to him in respect as she left to go after Kagome. She needed to calm her down.
 
Sesshomaru was still in the garden as he was shaking with rage. He had to be forceful with her so she could stay behind and be safe. They were leaving within the hour so they could meet up with these rouge youkai. He wanted them gone from the Southern Lands so he could go home with his mate. She was still very emotional and he was having a hard time dealing with her.
 
Inuyasha approached his brother with caution. His eyes had gone blood red with his anger. He had overhead everything that Kagome had said. She did have a valid point but they had already discussed this and thought it would best to leave her behind.
 
He had told Nasume what was going to happen and then asked her to stay by Kagome's side until they returned. She had promised to do this for him as he watched her leave to go after his sister. He could smell the scent of salt and knew that she was crying. It pained him to see her like this but it could not be helped.
 
Inuyasha left the gardens as he went to look for General Hisoka. He wanted a strong force left behind to protect Kagome in case the castle came under siege while they were gone.
 
Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were ready to leave the castle. Sesshomaru had gone upstairs to see if his mate was all right. He could not leave her if she was still upset. He entered his room as he saw Nasume sitting in a chair keeping his mate company.
 
When Nasume saw him she quickly stood as she bowed and left the room. She did not want to be present for the argument that was coming. Kagome was still upset and won't listen to reason.
 
Sesshomaru approached the bed as he saw his mate turn her back to him. This was not good because it only meant that she was mad at him.
 
He was reaching over to touch her when she pulled away from him and growled. She didn't want him to be near her just now. He asked for her submission and he got it but he will not touch her. Her anger was great at this point as her aura flared around her body.
 
Sesshomaru pulled his hand back the moment he heard her growls. She was mad at him as he said, “Kagome I understand that you are mad at me but you must understand my reasoning for leaving you behind. I don't want to lose you or the pup that you carry. We are leaving to find this threat and I want to make sure that you will be all right while I'm gone.”
 
He got no response from her and she wouldn't turn around to look at him. He sighed as he left the room. As soon as he closed the door he could hear her sobs of anguish. He knew that he was the cause of her tears but it could not be helped.
 
He walked back down as they got ready to leave. The castle having been secured with a powerful barrier that would not let anyone in, the main force of the Southern Army took off to meet this threat head on. They wanted these youkai to leave the Southern Lands and never return.
 
Once they were gone the only thing that you could hear around the castle was the quiet sobs of the Lady of the castle as she cried her heart out for being left behind.
 
It took the Southern Army about two hours to make it to the village where the rouge youkai were going to attack. They set up their defenses as they waited for them to arrive. They didn't have to wait too long before they showed up and the battle was on.
 
To Sesshomaru it looked like they had double the amount of youkai that they had before. When he had attacked them in that one village their number had not been this great. They were easy to defeat but because there were so many of them it was taking time.
 
Sesshomaru was in mid swing with his sword when he felt it. Nasume had unsheathed her sword. He knew that his mate was in danger as he yelled, “KAGOME!”
 
Inuyasha having heard his brothers anguish call for his mate made his blood turned cold. `Kagome had been right this was a trap. It was a trap to separate Kagome from Sesshomaru so they could go after her.'
 
Sesshomaru was about to leave when a large number of the rouge youkai surged toward him. His anger was peaked as his eyes turned white. He had enough of these fools as they had separated him from his mate and now she was in danger. He should have listened to her.
 
His hair started to go up in the wind that was being created by his youkai powers. His crescent moon glowed an eerie red as he unleashed his attack. He killed all of the rouge youkai in one move while leaving his people untouched.
 
He let his anger go as he transformed into his true form and took off toward the Southern castle. He needed to get back as fast as possible and save his mate.
 
Inuyasha and the rest of the soldiers took off after him. Inuyasha knew that if his brother got back to the castle and found his mate had been taken there would be no stopping him from going on the rampage to find her. His inner inu would take over and would not stop until he found her.
 
~oOo~
 
After Sesshomaru had left the castle Nasume had convinced Kagome to go down to the hot springs to take a bath. She had gone with her to keep her company as she tried to get Kagome to calm down.
 
Nasume bathed Kagome as she washed her hair and took care of her. She was depressed for being left behind but Nasume knew in her heart that she would be better protected here in the castle. “Kagome please try to calm down. You being upset is not good for the pup. I know that you wanted to go with him but do you think that maybe he might have been right in having you stay here?
 
You said yourself the other day that you can't use your powers any more or you will hurt the pup. If you have no way of protecting yourself then Sesshomaru would be forced to do it. If you were to get attacked then he would be distracted from what he was doing to try and save you. You wanting to help and be there with him could have the opposite effect. He could get injured because you are with him.”
 
Kagome heard Nasume words of reason but it did not help her at all. There was something that was going to happen and it would be soon. This was a trap she was sure of it. “I understand what you are saying Nasume but Sesshomaru is ignoring my instincts and they have never been wrong. We needed to stay together but he refused to let me go with him. This is a trap I can feel it. But I don't know where the trap is set. It's being hidden from me and it's frustrating.”
 
Nasume understood Kagome's concerns as she moved her to the hot springs so she could relax. Her being upset was making her tired and when Nasume noticed her yawns she got her out of the springs and back to her room.
 
Kagome took off her swords and put them next to her bed. She could not sleep with them on but they were still close to her so she could reach them. She laid down in bed as she drifted off into a restless sleep.
 
Nasume watched as Kagome finally fell asleep, she really needed the rest. She sat in her chair keeping her company while she slept. She would not leave her alone not for one minute.
 
While Nasume was sitting there she started to think, `If Kagome is right about this being a trap then there is only two possible out comes. One they could be attacking her lord and Inuyasha.'
 
She smiled when she thought about the fluffy ear hanyou and allowed a genuine smile to grace her lips as she continued with her thoughts, `Or two, instead of attacking Lord Sesshomaru, the only other possible out come was that they were about to attack the castle itself.' This thought did not please her at all.
 
She knew that the castle was protected. It had a strong barrier around it and guards everywhere. So there was no way that they could get into the castle. She continued to ponder what Kagome had said as her senses came alive. She felt danger coming but she couldn't detect where it was coming from.
 
She got out of the chair she was sitting in as she pulled her sword from its sheath. She knew that her lord could sense it and it would summon him back here to the castle. She waited to see if she could detect the intruders when off to the side a secret door burst open as five youkai came rushing into the room.
 
Nasume tried to protect Kagome but was overpowered by four male youkai as her sword was knocked away from her hand. Another had hit her so hard that she went flying across the room, hit the wall, and fell unconscious on the floor.
 
Koga slowly walked over to his sleeping beauty. She was beautiful and she was his. He was reaching down to pick her up when her eyes opened. He could see the look of shock in her eyes as she said in a low voice, “Koga!”
 
Before Kagome could reach her swords she was pulled from behind as she struggled.
 
Koga had about enough of the squirming female in his arm as he turned her around and hit her hard across her temple. She fell unconscious in his arms as he picked her up. He could smell Sesshomaru's stench all over her and that filthy pup that she carries. Soon he would get rid of it and he would be able to mate her.
 
He quickly turned as they heard the sound of running feet. They grabbed the females and left the room with them.
 
Kagome's sword was shaking violently. It knew that it had to protect the girl but the sword was not on her. The sword floated in the air as it unsheathed itself and got ready to attack. It went straight for the intruders but before it could reach them the sword imbedded itself in the wall when they closed the hidden door.
 
The soldiers that were guarding the castle had heard the screaming and the noise coming from the lord's chambers. They hurried, as it would be their heads if anything happened to their lady. They rushed into the room only to find it empty. They froze in fear for they knew that the Lady of the castle was in this room just a few moments ago but now she was missing. They were searching the castle when they heard a howl coming from outside.
 
When they all reached the outside of the castle all the blood drained out of their faces. Lord Sesshomaru had returned and he was in his full demon form.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru had finally made it back to the castle. He quickly transformed back as he rushed to his mate. When he got to the room he found that his mate was gone along with Nasume. He caught the scent of his guards but most of all he caught the scent of intruders.
 
He howled an anguish cry telling the world that someone had taken his life mate. He promised a painful death for the ones that did it.
 
Inuyasha and the others had finally made it back to the castle and they were all out of breath. What had taken them two hours to travel to that village only took them about 20 minutes to get back.
 
They all heard Sesshomaru's howl and promise of pain as they rushed toward the Lord's chambers. They found him in the middle of the room as he was breathing hard.
 
Inuyasha was the only one that could approach his brother and talk some scene into him. When he entered the room he immediately caught a familiar scent. He also caught the scent of Nasume's blood as his rage took over. `How dare they hurt Nasume!”
 
He snarled as he said, “Koga I will make you pay for taking Kagome and Nasume.”
 
Sesshomaru turned to his brother as he heard what he had said. That wolf that he had let live when he had taken his Kagome away before had taken her again. `This time wolf I will make you suffer for touching what is mine.'
 
Inuyasha took a few deep breaths as he tried to get his head clear, being upset will not help find them any faster. He turned toward his brother as he said, “Sesshomaru, you must remain calm. You going into a blood rage will not help you find her. You need to keep your mind clear so we can track them.”
 
Sesshomaru understood as he stood straight and looked around the room. He saw Kagome's sword stuck in the wall as he went towards it. He pulled the sword out of the wall as he let a blast of his youkai hit that area. It opened the hidden door as they all follow to see where it led.
 
They all traveled in darkness as they followed Sesshomaru down the cold passageway. They knew that this passageway was built with the castle to allow the lord and lady to leave in case of an attack.
 
When they finally made it outside they found that they were deep in the forest. It was a good three miles back to the castle. Sesshomaru sniffed the area but they had covered their tracks, scent, and aura. He growled as his anger grew.
 
He looked down at the sword he held in his had as he said to it, “Sanshunojingi go find and protect Kagome until I get there.”
 
The sword in his had rose up into the air as it pulsed. It made three complete circles in the air before it disappeared from sight. Sesshomaru knew that the sword would find Kagome and all he had to do was follow the sword.
 
He took off heading north toward the mountains as his brother and soldiers followed. Sesshomaru was almost in a fit of rage as he tracked his sword going toward his mate. If that wolf hurt her or his pup he would make sure that he died an agonizing painful death.
 
~oOo~
 
Koga and his group finally made it back to the mountain. The demonesses they held were still unconscious as they put them in a secure room. They made sure to lock the door and put several guards in place to make sure that they stayed in the room.
 
They walked back out to the main area of the cave as Koga requested a status report of the group that was fighting against Sesshomaru. When he was told that Sesshomaru had killed them all his eyes bleed red. `How dare he kill my pack, I will make him pay for this.'
 
Koga was left with only a quarter of the men he had originally started out with. This was not good. He needed to defend the mountain because he knew that Sesshomaru would come after his woman. He set about to set up his defenses for the impending attack. He was not going to let him take her back.
 
~oOo~
 
Nasume was the first to wake up from her ordeal. Her left side hurt like crazy. She thought that she might have broken some ribs when she was thrown against the wall. She looked around the place she was in and spotted Kagome lying on the floor next to her.
 
She crawled over to her as she checked to make sure she was all right. Kagome had a nasty bruise on her face where she had been hit. She checked the pup and it seemed to be doing well. She gently shook her to see if she would wake up from her sleep, as she said, “Kagome.”
 
Kagome felt that someone was calling out to her. She slowly started to open her eyes as she felt the soreness on her face. She winced in pain as she remembered what had happened. She had seen Koga in her room and then he had knocked her out.
 
She turned her face as she looked at Nasume. She saw the pain in her eyes as she tried to sit up so she could see how badly she was hurt. It was difficult for her but she finally sat up as she asked, “Nasume, where are you hurt?”
 
Nasume smiled at Kagome as she said, “Don't worry about me Kagome. You need your strength to protect yourself from that wolf. You don't have your swords and I know he will be returning soon.”
 
Kagome moved closer to Nasume as she saw that she had three broken ribs. She reached out with her hands as they turned blue and she healed her wounds. She couldn't let her friend be in pain as she mended the bones.
 
Nasume was grateful for what Kagome had done for her. Her pain was gone as she asked, “Kagome, who brought us here?”
 
Kagome ran a crawled hand through her hair as she said, “The person that brought us here is named Koga. He is a wolf demon that can't take no for an answer. I have rejected him as a mate because he is not strong enough to help me control my powers, but he insists that I'm his woman.”
 
Kagome stopped talking as she sensed someone coming their way. Nasume moved closer to Kagome in order to protect her. They were both huddled in a corner of the room as they waited for the intruders to come in. They both started to growl their displeasure as the door opened.
 
~oOo~
 
Once his defenses where set Koga decided to see if his woman was awake yet. He headed toward the cell that he had put her in as several guards followed. They opened the door as he stepped inside and heard the growls of the demonesses that were there.
 
He smiled as he said, “Ah Kagome I see that you're finally awake. Don't worry mate soon we will be together and that mutt that you are carrying will be replaced with one of my own.”
 
Kagome growled at the threat made toward her pup. She was not about to let him touch it and she was not going to be his mate. “Koga how many times do I have to tell you that I rejected your weak ass because you are not strong enough to help me control my powers. I'm already mated and I'm not leaving him for you. Now get over it!”
 
Koga growled at his mate as he said, “You don't have a choice in the matter. You belong to me and I will kill that mate of yours and the pup you carry. You are mine and no one is going to take you away from me.”
 
Kagome's anger peaked as her eyes turned blood red. `How dare he threaten my pup and mate! He is going to pay for that!'
 
Koga started to move toward Kagome as a barrier stopped his movement. It was a powerful barrier and he couldn't break it. He growled as he said, “All I have to do is wait my sweet. How long do you think you can hold that barrier with no food or water? You will accept me as your mate and provide me with many pups.”
 
“You IDIOT! You know nothing! I will never give you any pups because I don't love you!” Yelled Kagome as she was losing control of her emotions. She was just barely hanging on by a thread.
 
At that point Koga attacked the barrier as he tried to bring it down. He felt as it was weakening as he continued his assault. He gave it one more hit and the barrier shattered as he got a big smile on his face. He had grown stronger with all the battles he had to fight to be alpha of his pack. He was strong enough to bring down her powerful barrier.
 
Nasume seeing that the barrier that Kagome had put up fell stood in front of her ready to protect her with her life. Her claws extended, as she got ready to do battle. She would not allow this wolf to touch her mistress.
 
She saw Koga attack as she went after him. Her claws dug deep into his chest as she pushed him away from Kagome. Her eyes were blood red from anger as she took a fighting stance against him.
 
Koga jumped back as he felt a sharp pain in his chest. He looked down to see that he had four deep claw marks. He looked at the demoness that was standing in his way as he growled viciously at her. He moved with speed as he attacked her.
 
Nasume saw the attack coming and stood her ground. She couldn't move for she would leave Kagome unprotected if she dodged the attack. She caught his arm as it came down to slash her. She raised her foot and kicked him hard in the stomach as she sent him flying through the air. He hit the wall hard as he fell to the floor.
 
Koga had gone into a blood rage as he attacked the demoness again. This time she could not stop his attack as he hit her with such force that she hit the wall, while he heard a crack, and fell unconscious on the floor.
 
He made his way over to Kagome as he grabbed her by her shoulders and shoved her into the wall. He growled as he said, “You will be my woman and this pup that you are carrying, I will take great pleasure in killing it. You will only have my pups and we will rule the Southern and Western Lands together.”
 
Kagome was struggling but she didn't have enough strength to get out of his grip. She felt when his lips crashed into hers as she was fighting back. She continued to struggle as Koga had enough and smacked her again. She fell to the ground hard unconscious. He moved forward getting ready to grab his woman when a sword appeared in front of her and pulsed.
 
Sanshunojingi had finally found its master as it landed right in front of her. It pulsed twice as it put a powerful barrier around her and Nasume to keep them safe.
 
Koga growled his displeasure. As long as she had that stupid sword he would never be able to get near her. At that moment an alarm was sent throughout the cave as intruders where approaching the cave. He raced out of the room as he went to see what was going on.
 
~oOo~
 
Sesshomaru was following Kagome's sword through the forest. It was leading them toward the mountains. He stopped as they came upon a big cave. He could sense that Kagome was in there and he could also smell her blood.
 
His inner inu upon smelling the blood of his mate went into a fit of rage. Sesshomaru's eyes were turning blood red as he was losing control. He turned his head as he heard his brother's snarls and growls.
 
Inuyasha was picking up Nasume blood and his inner inu started to take over. His eyes also turned blood red as he looked at his brother. They stood there in silence as they both growled. These wolves had hurt their mates and they will pay with their lives.
 
They both started to walk forward as they were meet by the enemy. They saw Koga standing in front as they approached. Koga smirked as he said, “Well, well, well what do we have here? A pair of mutts, what do you want?”
 
Inuyasha flexed his claws, as he was ready to tear that wolf to pieces. It was his brother who put his arm out to stop him from advancing.
 
Sesshomaru looked at Koga as he said, “I believe you have something that belongs to me. You will release her and then you will get your filthy ass off my lands. You are vanished from the Southern and Western Lands for as long as I live. Refuse to give back my mate and I will see that you have a slow and painful death.”
 
Koga and his men started to laugh as he said, “Your mate as you call her is not yours to have. She was my woman before you walked into the picture. I will not give her back nor will I give back the other female that is with her. She will give my men pleasure for a long time to come.”
 
Inuyasha was about to lose it all as he felt his brother's hand on his shoulder. He spoke quietly to him so only he could hear as he said, “Brother, concentrated on the crescent moon on your forehead. Focus all of your powers there and summon Nasume to you. Once we have them in our arms then we will deal with this wolf.”
 
Inuyasha calmed as he did what he was told. Both brother's concentrated on the crescent moons on their foreheads as they called to their mates. The marks on both their heads started to glow a green in color as they summoned the girls to them.
 
~oOo~
 
Inside the cell room where Kagome and Nasume were being held a green ball formed around each one. It lifted them from the ground as it protected them. The balls blasted through the door that held them as it moved them toward their mates. The guards that were protecting the door were blasted out of the way as the balls continued to move with speed out of the cave.
 
Koga was watching the brother's with interest. He saw as the crescent moon on their foreheads started to glow a green color. He heard a blast coming from inside the cave as an alarm was given. He turned in time to see two green balls come quickly out of the cave as they went toward the mutts.
 
To his surprise they had taken Kagome and the other wench from their cell and they were now holding them in their arms.
 
Sesshomaru and Inuyasha held out their arms as Kagome and Nasume landed gently in them. They both moved them closer to their chest as they each nuzzled the female of their choice.
 
When Sesshomaru pulled Kagome away from his chest he noticed the bruises on her face. He had hurt his mate as he saw the blood from her wounds. His anger was peaked as he raised his head and looked at the wolf in front of him. It was about time he made him pay for hurting his Kagome.
 
Inuyasha pulled Nasume away from his chest as he looked at her. She was badly hurt. He could tell that she tried to protect Kagome and was hurt in the process. He caught Koga's scent on her and he knew that he was the one that had hurt her. His eyes flashed red as his anger grew.
 
Tetsusaiga pulsed at his side as it came to life. It surrounded his body with a golden light as his father appeared in front of his sons. He looked at both of them as he asked them, “Do you have something to protect?”
 
Both son's looked at their father as they said in unison, “Yes father we both have something to protect our mates.”
 
Inutaisho smiled as he said to his youngest son, “Inuyasha you have proven yourself to be a worthy lord in your own right. I give you a gift to allow you to protect your mate for all eternity. I rid you of you human blood, you have proven to be a worthy Taiyoukai in your own right. She is your soul mate my son. Treat her with respect and love her for all eternity.”
 
At that moment Inuyasha turned into his full youkai form. The only time he has ever held this form was on the night of the new moon. His father had gotten rid of his human blood and turned him into a full youkai. He was happy because now he could protect his mate and live the life he was meant to live.
 
Inutaisho looked at his eldest son and said, “Sesshomaru, you must learn to listen to her when she speaks. She has seer's abilities although she does not know it. You could have lost her today because you wouldn't listen when she spoke. Protect her my son for she is the key to your future.”
 
With that said Lord Inutaisho, former Taiyoukai of the Western Lands disappeared from sight. He knew that his sons now had something to protect and protect it they will.
 
Both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru turned their attention toward the rouge demons standing in front of them. It was about time they got rid of these fools so they wouldn't destroy any more villages.
 
Both Sesshomaru and Inuyasha youkai flared as their eye went white with anger. Their crescent moons on their forehead flared with a golden glow. It surrounded their bodies as they both attacked the demons that were a thorn to their side.
 
Koga had been standing their watching as Inuyasha turned into a full demon. The power that he held was even more powerful than before. He almost rivaled his brother in strength as he saw their eyes turn white from their demonic powers getting stronger.
 
He tried to get everyone out of the way of the blast but he was too late. Their combined attack killed everyone in the clearing and within the cave. Koga the once wolf prince cried in anguish as his body was torn apart. He died a horrific death by the hands of the two brothers for taking their mates.
 
When the dust cleared from the area there was nothing left of the rouge demons that plagued the Southern Lands.
 
The soldiers that were with Sesshomaru and Inuyasha watched as everything unfolded in front of them. When the brothers destroyed the demons in front of them with one powerful blast they almost leveled the side of the mountain. They never knew that these two brothers held so much power between them. They saw them turn as they walked back to the castle. It was time that they returned home.
 
~oOo~
 
Well that's the end to another chapter. Koga finally learned his lesson that Kagome was not his woman and that she belonged to Sesshomaru. Inutaisho had turned his youngest son into a full demon so he could have a real life bond with Nasume. She is his soul mate and he gave him this gift. Yes Inuyasha has finally found his mate. After all the pain and suffering he went through in his life he now has someone to share it with. I think that Nasume is a good match for him.
 
Inutaisho had also scolded Sesshomaru for not listening to Kagome. Kagome's instincts in the past have always been correct. He would have to quit acting as alpha and have a little bit more faith in his mate.
 
A Single Spark should be up and running soon on its own domain. If you are like me and have been trying to get to the site it has been down. They have extended the voting for the fanfics to allow people time to vote. I have no idea when it will be up but I will keep you posted.
 
In the next chapter Kagome's pup will be born. What is it you say well you have to wait and see what it is.
 
Until the next chapter!
 
Ja ne!