InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Dominating the Indomitable ❯ Duly Noted ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~*~
 
 
Chapter 3
 
 
Duly Noted
 

Taking into consideration that Inuyasha was new to his organization, Kouga had made certain that the mutt was sitting to his left at the boardroom table.  It was a place of prestige and would no doubt prevent some discomfort for Inuyasha.  The half-breed had saved his life more times than he could count; at least three alone during the battle against Naraku.  Inuyasha had even exposed his night of weakness to the bastard's minion.  Even though Inuyasha's reputation preceded him, most in the room had never met him.  Well, no one had because Hakkaku and Ginta were late.  Kouga couldn't blame them.  They probably had intense migraines from the method Inuyasha had used to knock them out the night before.

Kouga's eyes slid to one of his top ranking generals.  The bitch had an attitude problem.  He didn't care that she had a rack like a well-built Amazon.  No, her personality ruined that asset.  She wanted him and it created dissension in the ranks, especially when she was constantly searching for faults in any of her comrades.  If she could get them demoted, she could get closer to him.  She even had her little fan club making false accusations against other team members—just like Naraku, who rarely got his own hands dirty.  Kouga didn't like it one bit.  No one was perfect and she would find a fault and nag him to death until he was forced to do something.  If she started shit with Inuyasha, he'd damn well kick her ass and probably get rid of her, permanently.

'Who's the bitch glaring at now?'  It only took him a second to realize who her next target would be; Inuyasha.  'Great, just what I need.'

Kouga was distracted when the door flew open and his two men rushed in, panting for breath.

"Sorry, Kouga," Hakkaku apologized and headed for the seat to Kouga's right.  Ginta's place was to the right of Hakkaku.

After Ginta took his seat, he realized that they had a newcomer and immediately became excited.  "Brother Inuyasha!  What brings you here?"

Kouga noted that Inuyasha avoided the question by shrugging his shoulders.  There was no need for anyone else to know the young man's secrets.  'Guess I should put that to rest right now.'

"None of your business," Kouga stated, glaring at the two commanders so that they would know to leave well enough alone.  "Now, let's get started.  Kamylla, the map, please."

The Amazon bitch picked up a wooden tube from beside her chair and carefully removed a large map then rolled it out on the table.  Everyone stood and leaned forward.

"Alright, we know that the humans have been occupying this region," Kouga said, pointing to a mountainous area that had a three tier canopy, perfect for concealment.  "The majority are on the northern side.  We're going to come in from the south, spread out, take out their scouts first, and then cut them off."

Kouga began giving detailed unit assignments to each commander.  It seemed to take forever and Inuyasha quickly became bored.  He already knew the area well enough, and damn well hoped that the bitch that had been glaring at him throughout the meeting wouldn't be going along with his detachment.  It would be one helluva bad idea.  He could see the fight brewing in her eyes, though he had no idea what was going on with her.

"You have your assignments.  I expect you to brief your troops and have your equipment ready by tomorrow," Kouga instructed.

One thing that Inuyasha could admit, he was impressed with Kouga's professionalism.  Of course, he hadn't been around the wolf in quite some time.

Kamylla was carefully rolling up the map and the others were collecting their notes when the doors burst open and a young man with dark brown eyes and black hair skittered to a halt and saluted Kouga.  It was the pointed ears and claws that gave him away as a full-blooded youkai.

"Sir!  I have important news from our scouts, Sir!" he breathlessly stated then waited for permission to continue.

"Continue," Kouga responded.

"A human has been captured and..."

"Whoa!  Stop right there!  Who countermanded my orders to avoid detection by bringing in any of their people!?" Kouga shouted.

"Lieutenant Yui, Sir!  The human was carrying an advanced device used to detonate explosives, Sir!"

The boy sweated bullets while Kouga stood and stared at him. "Commander Kamylla.  Yui is under your command, correct?" Kouga asked.

"Yes, Sir!" she replied in standard military style and straightened her back, standing a bit taller.

"Bring him to Building 51 for questioning, along with the device."

"Yes, Sir."

"Don't waste my time; get the hell out of here!"

The red face and ears made it obvious that Kamylla was angry; with whom, Kouga wasn't sure, but he relished it all the same.  He had enjoyed the way she had stomped her way out of the room.

Kouga turned back to the other Commanders.  "We'll meet back here at 1600 hours."

Inuyasha kept his seat while everyone filed out.  He may have been pleased that Kamylla had been distracted from glaring at him, but the distraction itself was cause for worry.

"See you later, little brother!" both Ginta and Hakkaku called.

"Stupid idiots," Inuyasha muttered and scowled.

As he closed the door, Kouga smirked at Inuyasha's remark.  His closest friends must have scented the results of his and Inuyasha's activities.  No one else would have dared to make such comments.  It would also explain some of Kamylla's attitude.  Still, he didn't want Inuyasha catching on.  The half-breed had always been a bit dense when it came to interpersonal relationships.

"Don't be too hard on them.  They appreciate everything you've done for us in the past."

"Yeah, well that happened a long time ago."

Kouga's smirk faded.  "Doesn't matter; without you, I wouldn't even be here, and you know it."

"Keh," Inuyasha muttered and blushed.  "Wasn't no big deal."

"Maybe not to you," Kouga sighed.

"Let's get the fuck down to that building.  I want to see what that device was for," Inuyasha huffed, steering the discussion in another direction.  "The newer weapons are my specialty.  The humans have been salvaging old circuitry.  Most of the newer remotes are rigged to explode if you don't know what you're doing.  Fortunately, there's a delay built in so they can disarm it if they have to."

"Why didn't you say so?!  Let's get the fuck down there!" Kouga nearly shouted and rushed to the door.  "Humans around here haven't had access to weapons in awhile.  I don't know how they got their hands on any."

While they rushed down the hall, Inuyasha continued to update Kouga on the most recent activities.

"We've been trying to find the facility where they are training dolphins to bring shit over from the continent.  That could be where it's coming from, or they could have found one of those old, buried factories."

"Well, fuck.  They're coming along a lot quicker than I'd imagined," Kouga swore as they rushed down the hall and out the door.

"Like I said before, humans can be resourceful when they want to be," Inuyasha growled.  "I hope there aren't any idiots trying to take that thing apart."

Once outside, Kouga took off at top speed with Inuyasha right on his heels.  Inuyasha cursed as he started to fall behind.  It wasn't so much that Kouga was faster as it was that he had gotten slower.  He tried to tell himself that the drop in his abilities was only temporary, but deep down, he worried that there could be lasting—even permanent—effects from the blast he took at the mines.

When they reached the building, Inuyasha was only a few seconds behind.  He was thankful that Kouga had waited before entering the building.  'Is he being sensitive to my reputation?  Nah.'  He shrugged it off and followed Kouga into the building.  It looked to have been a large, silver, airplane hangar that had been converted to a weapons storage facility.  'Great, if that device goes of, we're in a shitload of trouble.'  Hyper alert and anxious to see what had been confiscated from the human, his body went into overdrive defensive mode as he followed Kouga to a reinforced room located about half way down the right side of the building.

Everyone in the room startled when Kouga burst through the door.  "Get the fuck away from that, Yui!" Kouga shouted at the wolf youkai who was holding the trigger device.

Immediately, Yui set it down...in pieces.

"Aw, fuck," Inuyasha groaned and strode over to the table to investigate.  He checked the LED lights and slid a claw between the circuit board and the side the small black box, then popped out board.  "Which light was on when you opened it?" he asked while examining the explosives that lay hidden beneath the board.

"The yellow one," Kamylla responded.

"Well, the orange one is on now...not enough time," Inuyasha muttered, grabbed the little black box then raced out the door.

"Hey!" Kouga called and ran after him.  "What the fuck are you doing?"

"Saving your flea-bitten ass!" Inuyasha called back and flew out of the hangar, immediately chucking the thing as far as he could across an empty area of the compound then he shoved Kouga back inside the building.

Kouga crashed into Kamylla and her lieutenant, who had been following.  Before Kouga could turn to blast Inuyasha, Kamylla cut him off.

"Sir!  What is the meaning of this?!" she demanded.

About that time, a large explosion could be heard in the distance, barely rattling the building, but powerful enough for the occupants to realize that, had the explosion taken place in the small room they'd recently occupied, they'd all be dead.

"That, Commander, was number one.  It'll probably be the first of many times that he saves your ass.  Believe me, he just added one to my count, which is already too high," Kouga huffed.

Kamylla wrinkled her nose and narrowed her eyes at Inuyasha.  "Don't do me any favors, half-breed."

Before Inuyasha had the chance to mouth off, a fist crossed in front him and Kamylla went flying.  Kouga stalked over to her.  "Know your place, Commander; Inuyasha was my comrade in arms before your grandfather was born.  Do not ever let me hear you talking to him like that...ever." Kouga demanded as red flickered through his eyes.  "Demotion will not be the only thing you'll have to worry about."

'What the fuck?!  He can call me mutt face and InuTrasha, but if anyone else insults me, he goes ballistic!'  That confused Inuyasha to no end.  On top of that, Kouga had unaccountably been treating him with respect, at least while in front of his people.

Turning to the rest of his men, he practically yelled, "Maybe now, you idiots will actually follow procedure!  Don't let this happen again.  Get your asses in gear and prepare for the mission.  Dismissed!"

"Come on, mutt face," he growled low for Inuyasha's ears alone then strode out the door.

Inuyasha numbly followed as he observed who seemed to have a problem with him so that he could better watch his back.  Yui was definitely one of Kamylla's cronies, as were a couple of other soldiers.  'I wonder how many of them she has fucked.  They can't possibly want to be under her for any other reason,' Inuyasha thought uncharitably.  Too bad he hadn't had a good sniff in her direction.

"Where are we going?" he asked as he followed Kouga in the opposite direction from which they came.

Kouga slowed and fell back beside Inuyasha.  "We've gotta get our gear ready," he nearly growled.  He was so pissed at that bitch and he couldn't fathom the source of his anger.  In fact, pissed didn't cover it.  He was enraged.  For some reason, he'd taken her words as a personal insult.  Inuyasha wasn't supposed to be this important to him.  Casual lovers, yes.  However, his mind seemed to be going further.

While Kouga's thoughts chased their proverbial tails, he curtly directed Inuyasha to the equipment they would need and instructed him in the packing procedure.  Surprisingly, Inuyasha gave him little trouble.  Perhaps, living with Sesshoumaru had been good for Inuyasha.  Kouga frowned when his mind touched on that subject.  One way or another, he was going to find out who caused the scars on the mutt, and he half suspected that Sesshoumaru was the perpetrator. 

Once they had finished, Kouga wiped his face and sighed.  "I'll show you around, if you like."

Inuyasha smirked and rolled his eyes.  "Nah, I've already done a recon of the place.  Do you think I'd walk in here blind?"

Kouga smirked.  "Guess not.  Let's get back to headquarters.  No sense hanging around out here.  Besides, I'm hungry."

A couple of hours later, Inuyasha sat in Kouga's living room, his ears twitching like mad.  Although the two had been studying the maps of the area they were to invade, he'd noticed the surreptitious glances sent his way.  'I need to take care of this now.'

"Why?" he asked without preamble and tilted his head to the side in question.

"Heh?  Why what?"  Kouga's brow drew down; he had no clue what Inuyasha was referring to, though he could guess.

Inuyasha tapped a claw on his knee.  "Why the hell do you want to fuck me?" he finally spit out.

Kouga's eyes widened.  'So that's what has been up with the mutt.  Well, honesty is the best policy!'

"I have no clue."  Oh, Inuyasha was going to hate this.  "You're cute, pretty, sexy, and I love your ass," he remarked with a lascivious grin and a shrug.

"You're such as asshole, you know that!?  I am not pretty, or cute!" Inuyasha practically shouted, his face turning a dark shade of embarrassed red.

"Oh?  You have no idea, mutt face," Kouga practically purred.  He just loved winding up the half-breed.  It reminded him of times past.  If he were to be completely honest, he'd had much more fun teasing Inuyasha than he'd had chasing Kagome's skirt.  Red was such a pretty shade on Inuyasha's paler than usual face, and he, Kouga, had gotten down to an art form the act of putting it there. 

Kouga had to fight to restrain the chuckle at what he was about to say next.  "In fact, I think you're quite...adorable, puppy."

Well, that put him flat on his back with a half-breed straddling his waist and a fist ready to fly forward.  That action was neatly aborted when he grabbed Inuyasha's ass and squeezed.  He chuckled when Inuyasha's eyes widened and his hand fell.

"You are such a pervert," Inuyasha growled and rolled off of Kouga.

"I dunno what your problem is, mutt," Kouga blithely commented as he sat up.

"I ain't nobody's whore and I ain't gay," Inuyasha huffed.

"You aren't my whore," Kouga sighed.

"Oh yeah, then what am I?  Hm?"  Inuyasha raised a brow in question.

"Well, I'd hoped that we'd be lovers."

Again, that blush spread across Inuyasha's face.  "Keh, I dunno…cause I ain't gay."

"Are you often prone to one night stands?" Kouga challenged.

"No!  You just...you seduced me!"

Kouga laughed at that.  "Yes, yes I did.  But, it was an accident."

"Yeah, right.  You really didn't mean to do that!" Inuyasha sarcastically retorted.

Kouga scratched behind his head and gave Inuyasha a sheepish grin then sat up and put on his arrogant expression.  "And I'll do it again."

"Only if I let you," Inuyasha growled and glared at Kouga.

Kouga's chest puffed out and his smug grin stretched into something vaguely predatory.  "You will.  Mark my words, you will."

"Duly noted," Inuyasha sneered, even though the color of his face was a nice cherry red.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Thank you for reading, rating, and reviewing. It is a great encouragement.
 
 
Kogas Hentai Luver
I'm so glad you like it! It's a relief because this is so different from what I usually write. Iz for ju! ^_^
 
XxMissXiayuxX
Extremely limited vocabulary much? If you're trying to insult me, you'll have to try quite a bit harder. I find it impossible to be impressed by sock puppets. ^_^
 
Sheastarr334
Thanks for the review. Hm, I didn't think of Sess as creepy, but I'm sure you may not like him very much after the first meeting—at least until you find out what his motivations are. Glad you like the story and hope to keep you entertained. ^_^
 
Inumimi
Glad you're enjoying the story! Thanks for reviewing. ^_^ We'll probably meet Sess within the next chapter or so. I try really hard to prevent my readers from getting bored because of long drawn out history lessons, so things will be sprinkled in here and there. I'll never get extremely detailed as I like to allow readers to use their imagination in some things. ^_^
 
~*~
 
Disclaimer
 
Inuyasha and all associated characters are owned by Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I do not own Inuyasha and make no profit from this story, nor do I intend to. My only goal is to occupy my demented mind with delusions of actually owning a life-sized, anatomically correct Sesshoumaru android to use and abuse at will.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~