InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drabbles and Babbles ❯ A Houshi's Advice ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I actually wrote this one a while ago, just never got around to posting it. Hee, it was inspired by Aiffe's drabble The Legend of the Magic Button
 
 
 
Somewhere between his fifth and seventh jar of sake, Miroku's vision had begun to blur.
 
The past week had been decidedly unpleasant. Inuyasha and Kagome were barely speaking to each other after their last encounter with Kikyou. All Miroku knew was the tension between them was making this journey unbearable. He heartily wished he could suck both into his wind tunnel just to gain a few hours of peace.
 
His patience had been rewarded when they'd happened upon this village with a charming inn. The inn had been badly in need of an exorcism and the grateful proprietor had extended his hospitality to their weary group. As the owner of the inn had three equally charming daughters, Miroku thanked the fates for their generosity.
 
He was contemplating on how to approach the eldest of the sisters, a saucy young woman with a knowing smile, when a disgruntled hanyou flung himself onto the floor next to him.
 
“Nothing I do makes her happy!”
 
Miroku raised his eyebrows and poured another cup of excellent sake. “Have you tried talking to her?”
 
“She sat me.”
 
“Have you tried apologizing to her?”
 
“I haven't done anything wrong!”
 
“Have you tried anyway?”
 
Inuyasha's ears flattened on his head. “She just sat me harder.”
 
Miroku hiccupped loudly. The room was beginning to spin and he laughed, realizing that the sake was more potent than he'd realized. “Maybe you didn't apologize in the right way,” he said with a conspiratorial wink.
 
“What? Do you know how to make a woman happy?” Inuyasha asked curiously.
 
As a man of worldly experience, Miroku decided it was his duty to let the hanyou in on the secret. “Inuyasha,” he said, hiccupping again. “My old master once told me of a special place on a woman's body. If you can find it, you will definitely make her so happy she'll forget about being angry.”
 
Inuyasha seemed interested, fixing him with a steady stare. “Where is it?”
 
A few gestures and low spoken words later, Inuyasha's face had turned as red as his clothing and he stared at Miroku in pure shock. “I can't do that!” he blurted, looking more embarrassed than the monk had ever seen him.
 
“It was just a suggestion,” the tipsy monk murmured, sipping a bit more of his drink.
 
Neither Inuyasha nor Miroku had noticed that a third set of ears had been privy to their conversation. A fluffy tail slipped away to where the women were gathered.
 
Kagome's shriek brought conversation in the room to a standstill. “Shippou! Are you crazy, get your hands away from there!”
 
“But Kagome, I'm just trying to make you happy so you stop fighting with Inuyasha!”
 
“Where did you get such a disgusting idea that would make me happy?” Kagome demanded angrily.
 
“They said so,” the fox answered, pointing at Inuyasha and Miroku.
 
For a long moment, glances were exchanged and the tension built. Miroku carefully set down his sake jar and looked at Inuyasha.
 
“I think we'd better run.”