InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Drips, Drops, and Drabbles ❯ Thoughts on a Jewel ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thoughts on a Jewel
 
Kagome slowly fingered the jewel that hung around her neck. It was whole, finally, and Naraku was gone; not that she remembered it. A sharp blow to the head had sent her flying and given her over to unconsciousness. Inuyasha had been furious. When she woke again, Naraku was no more.
 
She learned later that Inuyasha had used his wish on the completed jewel to heal her. But the jewel had not vanished, as they had expected. Instead, it had only gleamed more brightly then ever and found a home around her neck.
 
Kikyou insisted that the wish had been selfish, made in the heat of the moment, and that was why the jewel still existed. Miroku disagreed. He claimed that a wish made in a moment of passion could be nothing but pure, for there was no time to let doubt seep in.
 
Kagome was inclined to side with Miroku, not because she liked him better, but because the very idea that the jewel would vanish seemed a little far fetched to her. After all, it was the crystallized soul of Midoriko and the demon, and souls do not simply vanish.