InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Early December ❯ Three ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: ::eats a cookie, though this has nothing to do with the fact that she doesn't own Inu-Yasha::

Author's Note: -^_^-; Okay, okay, so I should technically be updating Seeing is Deceiving, but I was in a fluffy mood, so I wanted to do this one instead! ^_^;;;

Don't worry, I'll update SiD soon, I promise. ^_^

Anyway. . .

ShiroInu AND EVERYONE ELSE, PLEASE!!!: The current plan for this fic to go up until Kagome has her baby (yes, it WILL be born!). If I get enough votes, I might do an epilogue, but that's unlikely.

See, this is my problem with `future' fics like this:

Everyone has their own opinion about Inu and Kag and/or Mir and San's children. Some think they'll have boys, some think girls- ages, personalities, and physical characteristics are all different in different people's minds. And I know it can be annoying when you're reading someone else's fic and you don't like how they see the future, so to speak.

So I want to keep this as. . . well, `to the manga' as possible, I guess. I'm not a big fan of original characters in fan fiction (fan fiction is supposed to be written with already known characters, after all- that's what it's all about!) so I try not to add in many of my own.

SilverStarWing: ::laughs:: You're a cheerful one, ne? ::shakes head with a smile::

But Inu's not just nice `cause she's pregnant- he's nice `cause he loves her. (He just very often doesn't know how to show that. He's romantically challenged, ne? ^_~)

Sesshoumarus Luver: ::big puppy eyes:: Pocky please?

^_~

squeakyinuears: Poor squeakyears-chan! Here! ::hands large crate::

::inside crate are half-dressed bishies to give her a massage::

^_^ I hope everything went well at the centers!

-^_^- I'm glad you liked the chapter!

And don't worry- my studies, etc. all (unfortunately -_-) come before my fanfiction. That's why it's been so hard to update, lately. I've had some much work! @_@

^_^ Anyway, good luck at school! Go study! ^_~

Okay! Here we go! XD

~*~

~Chapter Three: Blush~

~Inu-Yasha's PoV~


I glance down at Kagome, who has fallen asleep in my arms.

Sighing softly and shaking my head, I carefully pick her up and crawl into her bed; leaning back against her headboard with her body in my lap.

Oh, Kagome. . .

Sighing again, I carefully brush a lock of her ebony hair behind her ears and reposition her body so she is lying on top of me; her head resting in the crock of my neck.

Wrapping my arms around her slumbering form, my hands gently brush her stomach before laying to rest on her abdomen.

That's where our child is- right now. . .

The smallest of blushes cross my cheeks at the thought- much to my disgust.

I hate it when I blush.

Kagome-chan says it makes me look cute.

I don't like looking `cute.'

. . .

I wonder if our pup will be cute. . .?

I jump slightly as Kagome begins muttering softly in her sleep, mumbling incoherently into my neck- her breath warm and causing the blush on my cheeks to darken as `certain' memories flash past my eyes.


Damn photographic memory!

I shift rather uncomfortably as she continues to slumber and I continue to grow pink in the face.

But then-

I suddenly quit squirming as I hear a sound coming from outside the door.

And then the door opens a crack, as if someone is trying to listen in.

One of my ears twitch as I take a few deep sniffs.

Sota. . .

"What are you doing, kid?" I call quietly, causing the little boy outside the door to topple into the room in shock.

"Inu-Yasha niichan!" he laughs nervously under my cold glaze- which is slightly less frightening then usual since my cheeks are unnaturally rosy. "I was just- um- um- um. . ."

"Listening?"

"Er. . ."

"Uh huh," I drawl dryly, shooting him a blank expression as he gives me his cutest face. "What do you want?"

He pouts slightly, crossing his arms and legs in a rather startling similar impression of me. "I just wanted to know how far you'd gotten with my sister."

My eyes widen as I choke on air.

"F-Far?!"

"Yeah," he sighs, pulling his legs to his chin and resting his head upon them, taking no notice to my now flaming face. "Like have you kissed yet or anything?"

"Keh!" I snap, looking away and glaring at the wall as Kagome moans in her sleep.

Let me tell you, that doesn't help my bright face any.

"So, Inu-Yasha niichan? Have you? Kissed, I mean," he asks, excited that he might get his questions answered.

"Why the hell would I tell you something like that?" I grumble, subconsciously tightening my hold on Kagome, my hands still resting on her stomach.

A moment of silence passes as the little boy eyes my red face.

Ah, damn. . .

"I bet you have," Sota suddenly laughs, bouncing up and down in excitement in his overlarge pokemon pajamas.

"Shh!" I hiss, my face now officially the color of my haori. "Shut up! My ma- I mean, Kagome's asleep!"

The boy breaks into a fit of loud giggles, ignoring me completely as I resist the urge to start smacking my head against something hard again.

"Niichan and Kagome sittin' in a tree!" he sings. "K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

"Shut up!" I bark again, trying to look scary through my blush.

He ignores me and continues singing the stupid little tune.

Kagome moans again as I glare up at the ceiling, sure that the gods are up there laughing at me.

Someone please kill me now.

*

Eventually Sota looses interest in tormenting me, so he goes off to bed- still humming his little melody.

Releasing a deep sigh, I collapse backwards onto Kagome's pillows, my back against the mattress as Kagome rests next to me, cuddled into my side.

But wait. . .

Her breathing is. . .

"You're awake, aren't you?" I sigh again, kneading my forehead with a hand.

The ebony haired girl's face broke into a smile as she let loose a contained giggle.

"Sorry, Inu-chan," she laughs as she opens her eyes, throwing her arms around my neck and rolling on top of me. "I couldn't help it. . . you were acting so cute!"

"I was not!" I snap irritably, glaring out the window as my face slowly pinkens again.

"Eeek! You're blushing!" the girl squeals, hugging me closer and massaging my ears.

Oh, shit. . .

Very soon a loud, content purr echoes through the room.

Damn.

"You are TOO cute. .." Kagome whispers, a large grin on her lips as she kisses me on the tip of the nose.

I sigh, giving in to defeat.

For now.

"Whatever. . ."

Taking that as a sign of victory, she beams and halts her assault on my ears, giggling as I subconsciously release the softest of whimpers.

"So how long were you awake, anyway?" I ask as she snuggles back into my side, a content smile on her face.

"A little after Sota came in, I guess," she half shrugged, her eyes closed. "It's hard to sleep through you two `talking'."

We say nothing for a moment, instead laying silently together in the dark room.

"Hey, Inu-chan?" she finally murmurs, breaking the serene quiet.

"Mm?"

"What were you going to call me?" Kagome asks, her eyes slowly opening and glazed with curiosity.

"What?"

"You know, when you told Sota to shut up? You began to call me something else."

Dammit.

"Um. . ." I mumble, my cheeks- once again, curse it!- turning pink.

"Well?" she questions, propping her head up with one hand.

"I- um- was- er- going to- - - "

"Going to. . .?"

"Call you- - -um- - -"

"Yes?!"

"Well. . . I was going to call you my mate," I admit, my face flaming as I look away and another- less comfortable- silence blankets us.

"Mate?" Kagome finally questions, gently touching my face so I'd look at her.

"Yeah," I grunt. "My mate. . ."

". . . Why?"

I blink in surprise.

I'd think that would be kind of obvious.

Didn't I already explain it?

"Well. . . because I love you and. . . um. . .well, we-"

"Yeah, I know that," Kagome interrupts, her own cheeks flushing bright magenta. "I meant: why didn't you?"

I blink again.

"Because your brother didn't know and I didn't think you wanted him to know and. . . I didn't think you'd like to be called my mate. . ."

I roll over and lock our eyes.

"I mean, who would want to be a hanyou's mate?"

"Me," she replies simply, without a moment's hesitation. "I love you, Inu-Yasha. We're mates, now and forever."

Smiling at my shocked look, she wraps her arms around me and presses her lips to mine.

"I love you," she whispers in my ear as she curls up on my chest and slowly drifts back to sleep.

"I love you, too," I grin, nuzzling her neck gently and hugging her close before falling asleep as well.

~*~

^_^

Hope you enjoyed!

FLUFFY! XD

^_~

Please R&R!

Ja ne!