InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Edge of Heaven ❯ Level 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Edge of Heaven

By Devon Masterson-Bond

Level Two

 

 

"Mmm," Kagome yawned and she stretched as the warm sunshine coaxed her awake. Large, content brown eyes opened expecting the welcome sight of her lover, but rested on two large violet orbs instead. "What…?"

"Now this was unexpected," Miroku commented staring at his two friends curiously.

"Aaahh! You pervert!" Kagome screamed once recognition set in her mind. She pulled Inu Yasha's top over her more tightly and picked up a rock. "Peeping Miroku!" She threw the rock and missed as he scrambled out of the way.

"It's not like…" he began when he felt someone grab his ankle. He looked down and saw Inu Yasha open his eyes.

"Miroku," he growled. He reached for his sword.

"Inu Yasha, we were worried when you and Kagome didn't come back for your party," he replied reading his staff.

"Yeah right, this is not a peep show," Inu Yasha declared as Miroku wriggled free from his grasp. He really hated it when someone woke him up from a good night's sleep. It came to him so rarely.

Before Miroku could comment, Sango ran up holding her boomerang. She was ready for a fight when she stopped short. "What happened, I heard screaming and I…oh excuse me," she said flushing furiously. She turned around. Of all the sights she expected to see, Kagome and Inu Yasha exposed the way they were was not one of them. She now had a good idea why all the screaming occurred. "That pervert just couldn't resist a good view. Has he no shame?" she thought then frowned as she put Kagome's bag down. "This is Miroku we're talking about."

"I can't believe this," Kagome said grabbing her clothes and holding them close to her along with Inu Yasha's shirt. She had never been so embarrassed her in life. What was once a wonderful moment was now something for Miroku to tease and have fantasies about. "I have to get out of here." She jumped to her feet and ran off.

"Kagome!" Inu Yasha called out as he pulled on his pants and started after her.

"Leave me alone," she replied while running away.

Inu Yasha sighed inwardly then glared at Miroku. The monk dropped his head. "Okay that was wrong even for me," he replied. "Forgive me making your night of love cheap and for ruining any details I could have gotten out of you later." Sango slapped him in the back of the head.

"Will you stop it?" she asked incredulously.

"Okay. Okay," he replied rubbing the back of his head. "I just hope Kagome remembers my birthday is in two months."

Sango smacked in the back of his head again. "You look guilty." Miroku gave her look. He had been around all of them entirely too long.

Inu Yasha shook his head. He would kill Miroku or at least stomp him into the ground, but that would have to wait. The monk had been looking for him because he did not show up at a party and Kagome mentioned that he needed cheering up last night. That meant only one thing, Myoga squealed like a pig. "So then the only reason she slept with me in the first place because she felt bad for me and after I told her.... She's going to hate me forever," he thought. His eyes narrowed and he rubbed his shoulder. It stung a little from when Kagome bit him last night. A sudden flash from last night passed through his mind's eye.

"Kagome, I don't want to lose you," he said lowly and he bit into her flesh tenderly. He could feel her flinch just slightly as he got carried away from with himself. "I didn't hurt you did I?"

"No, I'm okay."

"It's going to leave a mark."

"Oh?" she asked then leaned upward and bit him on the collarbone. She doubted she could do the same to him being that his skin was much tougher than hers was, but it was the sentiment.

"What are you doing?" he asked

"I'm marking my territory," she smiled.

His eyes widened. "But.."

Kagome put her finger to his lips once more. She liked this side of him, the shy- virgin side. It made her feel better that she was giving herself to someone that she cared about and didn't have sex life like doorknob.

"Are you alright?" Sango asked as she waved her hand in front of his face.

"I have to take care of something," he said suddenly grabbing her wrist. "Make sure Kagome is okay." He then darted off.

"That went well. I thought for sure he was going to kill me," Miroku commented.

"There's someone else he wants more," Sango replied as she started in the direction that Kagome ran off moments ago.

 

In the village…

 

"Will you get off me? I'm not a feast," Shippo complained as he scratched his head.

"Sorry," Myoga apologized, "I didn't realize your blood would taste sweet, It must be all the candy Lady Kagome gives you."

Shippo sighed. "I hope she's okay. Miroku and Sango have been called almost all morning."

"Oh they're fine, young kitsune. Just less pent up."
"So that is why you did sent out there?" Inu Yasha growled.

"Lord Inu Yasha," Myoga said in shock as he tried to hop away only to be caught by his master.

"Do you know what you've done?" he yelled.

"Lor…Lord Inu Yasha I only helped facilitate feelings that you already had towards…"

"Look at this," Inu Yasha interrupted exposing an almost perfect perforated arc cut in his flesh.

Myoga's eyes widened. "She marked you. Now that is a surprise…I didn't expect. Did you mark her as well?"

"What do you think?" he asked sarcastically. "Do you know how pissed she's going to be when she finds out…"

"You and Kagome mated?" Shippo broke in with wide eyes. "Finally went got some guts, didn't think you had in it in you."

"Do you even have a clue what's going on, half-pint?" Inu Yasha asked annoyed. He had been so pissed he forgot that the little kid was in the room.

"Everybody knows about that, I'm not some little kid you know."

Inu Yasha's eyes narrowed. "If you say anything before I tell you to, I'll…" his sentence trailed.

Shippo pulled out a small scroll. "You'll what?" he asked annoyed. He was getting tired of Inu Yasha pushing him around like some little kid. Sure, he pranked him every now and then, but it was all in fun.

"Wait," he replied perking his ears upward. A growl sounded in his throat as he released Shippo.

The young kitsune dropped lightly to his feet and looked curiously. He was about to ask what was wrong when he felt it.

"Stay here."

Shippo shook his head. "I wanna help…"

"No, I need you stay here," Inu Yasha replied. "You'll have to protect the villagers in case they come here."

The redheaded demon sighed and nodded his head. He was no match for what the others would be facing. It would better if he stayed. He could provide cover for the humans, but even that was minimal. "I wish I was older then I could fight with them instead of…" Shippo looked toward Inu Yasha. "You better come back or I'll find you and…"

"What gnaw me on my ankles?" He snickered with a confident look on his face. He pulled out his sword. "I haven't lost yet."

 

***

Miroku stood in front of Kagome and Sango as he fended off another shockwave from the battle above them. "We have to leave this place," he suggested.

"No you are to witness this," Naraku replied as he held out his arm while blocking with the other. A hoard of demons flew from his hand towards the three friends below. "Now you have my full attention, Sesshomaru!"

Amber eyes narrowed slightly, but never betraying his stoic countenance. "Why are you bringing these humans into affairs just between us?"

"You will interfere with my plans."

A white eyebrow raised in understanding. "This is about Inu Yasha. Are you still jealous of my brother?"

Naraku merely laughed. "I only mean to claim what is mine and while you do not admit it, you care for hanyou."

"He is my brother nothing more," Sesshomaru replied as he attacked only to be blocked. It seemed that he was not going to get anywhere as long as Naraku possessed the two pieces of crystal in each of his arms.

Crimson eyes gleamed as a certain hanyou dressed in red appeared on the scene. "My playmate's here. Now, I will take everything away from him."

Sesshomaru looked downward. "I refuse to be your pawn," he commented as he noticed several demons circling Kagome. They were cutting her off from the others. Naraku's plan of action was now clear to him. He was going after the jewel.

 

To be continued…

 

 

 

© Devon Masterson-Bond

This is just for fun. I just came up with the concept for this particular story.