InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Enemy Mine ❯ Enemy Mine ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: What was I thinking? My apologies to Inu for taking him to the dark place and twisting his mind, but he and I made a deal. He would do an Inu+Nar yaoi IF I made it consensual and kept Inu “Het” in his heart. I honored my end of the bargain and so did he. This story is NOT my usual fare, nor am I planning to make it so. However, I'm currently planning a bit of a tragic tale for Inu and Kags and I did this as a character study of Dark!Inu. For the record, when I write the real fic, it will (eventually) have a happy ending. I was also inspired by a phenomenal piece of art, “With Teeth” by JoJo_Kun (aka: Velvetarms) on LJ's InuErotica community & y!Gallery. My thanks to her for the inspiration to wander outside my usual waffy/dramatic/comedy range and try to imagine why Inu would welcome the sexual ministrations of Naraku. Warning: darkfic, yaoi, light bondage and major Inu+Naraku squick in a graphic sexual situation. Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha, Kagome or Naraku. And I'm sure that were she to read this, Rumiko Takahashi (their rightful owner) would be extremely glad of that fact. Also, the title “Enemy Mine” is also the title of a very good 1985 sci fi movie directed by Wolfgang Pederson, who would also be mortified to learn I used it… but it really fits and since I'm not making any money of this, I ask them both to pardon my borrowing of their wonderful creations.
 
Enemy Mine
 
Fifty years gone…
 
InuYasha took a blow to the chest as the hulking spider demon twisted its forward leg at the last minute, sweeping his feet out from under him and hobbling him from leaping out of the way. The hanyou went down hard and came up angry, his head aching with furious rants at himself for being so stupid, so distracted. Regaining his balance and jumping out of the way nimbly this time, he considered drawing Tetsusaiga but thought better of it, wanting to feel the monster's blood ooze between his fingers as he sliced through it with his bare hands, wanting to feel the blood that had never been his. Racing behind it faster than it could swivel to follow his darting trajectory, InuYasha grabbed a hind leg and swiped it off at the joint.
 
“You in there, Naraku?” InuYasha yelled as he vaulted over to the other side of the injured beast and sliced at another appendage with his claws. “Come on out and play, asshole!”
 
The beast tried to round on him, and InuYasha looked for intelligence in the shiny small eyes, tried to see a glimmer of consciousness. There was nothing there for him to see, nothing but a stupid, hurt monster slowed by its wounds. InuYasha, his body racing with adrenaline and burgeoning anger, sped up his taunting circle, darting in and out on the thing trying to draw out its last ditch efforts at survival, trying to draw out the dark sprit that might live inside.
 
Come on, bastard… I know you're here somewhere…
 
After toying with his prey a while longer, InuYasha admitted defeat yet again in finding his nemesis in the light of the sun. The body of the spider rolled heavily on the ground, its legs disabled and no evidence of tentacles or extra appendages in sight. Sickened suddenly at the beast's helpless flinches, InuYasha moved in on the creature, pulling back his arm to strike the killing blow.
 
“Sankon Tesso!” he burst out, pouring all his anger, frustration and disappointment into the sweeping arc of his clawed hand and shredding the beast, which fell in two sections at his feet.
 
“Fuck!” InuYasha yelled at the carcass when it didn't move. “You're just a fucking spider demon!” He kicked at it and watched the large lump of flesh jiggle forward under his foot and then settle back down with a quivering roll. Clearly dead, the body burbled and quivered as the vestiges of life drained away; and in those twinges and sounds, its killer heard a whispered laughter, returning the taunts he'd meted out, teasing him and reminding him that the sun burned the evil away...
 
Suddenly, everything around him stank to the point of sickening him and he had to get away. Briefly glad the houshi was no longer there to make him clean up his mess, InuYasha launched himself into the sunset-lit trees and followed his nose to a hot spring and stream not far away.
 
“Fucking Naraku!” He had taken to talking to himself in the recent years of traveling alone. “I've hunted down and killed every damned spider in Japan and he's not here!” As he stripped and waded into the water, dragging his clothes along with him to wash off the blood and slime from the attack, he kept talking, his voice softening just a bit. “Kagome, I can't find him. And hell if I can't find you either…” He'd stopped thinking of his conversations with Naraku and Kagome as `crazy'; they simply were. And sometimes one of them talked back.
 
As he scrubbed his clothes in the warm water, beginning to relax despite his anger, the memories came flooding back as they always did. Every night when the sun set and InuYasha was alone, the memories came back to keep him company, memories of that day when they had finally chased Naraku down, cornering him and driven the trapped demon souls from his body to reveal the jewel. That was the day he'd lost them both. Naraku had been first, his towering mountain of flesh collapsing in on itself when Kagome freed the mass of souls imprisoned within it. But all of InuYasha's swipes at the mortal body could not uncover the last remaining soul, the true Naraku. He'd shredded the beast until nothing remained but an evil laugh that disappeared into the darkness of the forest - or at least InuYasha had heard it fade away even though none of the others seemed to be able to.
 
They had ended up covered in miasmic slime and he'd taken Kagome to a hot spring, much like this one, where they'd cleaned each other of the filth and bile. He'd finally gotten to touch her, smooth his hands over her skin unobstructed by her clothes. He'd touched every inch of her and she'd moved her hands softly over him. In celebration, and in culmination they'd made love by the spring that night, years of pent up need for each other releasing as their bodies came together. He'd kissed her and knelt over her as she'd smiled at him and opened herself to him, drawing him down into her with warm arms around his neck. As she'd moaned under the rhythm of his body inside her, he'd mumbled out low groans and grunts, unable to contain himself as he'd lost himself in her completely.
 
He'd never felt so alive as he had on that night, fifty years of living death and consuming obsession coming to an end with such joy and love. He'd joked at the time about how it was like a dream, and he'd come to believe since that day that maybe it had been only that, for the next fifty years of living without her had become a living nightmare, as though the day he'd killed Naraku was the day he'd died again, but without the luxury of a spelled sleep.
 
The next day as he'd walked her to the well to go home. He'd thought he should stay behind in case Naraku really wasn't gone. She'd said she'd be back the next day and he just knew he should've gone with her; he had the strongest urge to jump into the light with her. His heart said jump and his brain said wait; but it was too late when her scream pierced the quiet of the forest and he'd leapt in after her, heart pounding with fear, only to hit unforgiving and altered dirt at the bottom, horrified to find himself timebound to his world once again.
 
After he'd waited listlessly by the well for weeks, Miroku had finally convinced him that the best thing he could do with his life was continue to search for Naraku, or his spirit, or whatever might be left of him. The houshi's hand was healed, and so they reasoned that Naraku himself must be gone, and but that maybe his spirit remained. During those weeks of hoping helplessly for her to return InuYasha had vowed to wait out the centuries to find Kagome's soul whenever she was reborn and maybe have the life he'd wanted and failed to have with Kikyou and Kagome both; to save her from that scream that rang in his head no matter how hard he tried to clear it; to be with her forever in that strange future that could still be theirs. He knew it was probably foolish, a promise he didn't know if he'd be able to keep, and so he kept his vow to himself and didn't tell the well-meaning houshi and his wife his reason for refusing their kind offer to stay with them. They were friends, but they didn't understand what drove him to set out on his own, his hatred of Naraku still pushing him from behind and his hope for Kagome pulling him forward. He decided to use his time looking for Naraku to rid the land of every low-life demon he could find, losing track of the houshi's son when his parents had passed in the wash of humanity that began to cover the hills of his childhood. As the years went by, InuYasha had moved farther and farther out into the wilds where the demons still lived, seeking his nemesis, visiting the villages only when news of a child was born - hoping to find it was her - and returning to the wilds empty-handed where he could live in tormented peace - alone.
 
He waded up on the small muddy shore to wring out his clothes and drape them over a rock. As he finished arranging the wet cloth, placing Tetsusaiga reverently nearby, he froze, acutely aware that as he knelt naked by the pool, he was vulnerable to the eyes and ears of the forest and what lurked there. A chill ran over him, scattering small goose bumps in its wake and he turned slowly, scanning and sniffing the growing darkness between the trees. No scent or sound, but a presence, lurked there, one he knew well, one he'd given up hoping would walk out of the trees at him, one he shivered in response to as it passed by him in a familiar way. It's not real, he reminded himself for the millionth time, not believing the tricks of his mind. He waited, alert to the sensations on his skin that he trusted with his life. And when they calmed and he felt alone again he slipped back into the warm water, relaxing into the light current that pushed up out of the earth to caress the insides of his thighs and the fine hairs all over his body. Leaning his head back into the water and running his fingers through his hair, he tried to clear his mind of the thought that had been intruding on him ever since the dreams had started so long ago.
 
What if I find Naraku before I find Kagome? Of late, he'd realized that he sought them both with the same urgency. And with dread, he'd also realized that though it was Kagome's soul who he knew would soften his heart and bring him happiness, it was Naraku that had the power to make him feel alive again, to awaken that burn in his heart that had died in her scream. And Naraku was close; he was somewhere near in some form that had become a pull on InuYasha's dreams, both waking and sleeping. But it was the pull of a flame to a moth; InuYasha knew this and yet allowed himself to be pulled all the same, needing one of them to save him from this isolation and aimless wandering, needing to be needed. As he wandered the land looking for them both, hoping to find Kagome's soul and live in peace, he knew it was only Naraku who seemed to need him in return.
 
“Who the fuck am I kidding?” He finally said the words out loud, blinking up at an owl that perched on the branch of a tree, just coming into the moon's silver light. “I fucking miss Naraku!” InuYasha shook his head, trying to drive water droplets from his hair as he stood in the spring, letting the warm water slosh against his stomach. Looking down at his naked body he saw his penis drift in that slowly swirling water, the movement of liquid against his sensitive skin stimulating the memory of Kagome's hands on him that night. He began to feel himself thicken as sadness overwhelmed him. “And I miss Kagome, too…”
 
Feeling the tension return with the light summer breeze on his wet skin, he walked out of the water and flopped in the grass to stare up at the moon. Would the dreams come again tonight? He'd stopped being mortified when they came on him in the darkness of his sleep. He was always alone now, no one to see or hear him as he cried out in the night, no one to care that his dreams and nightmares had become confused and began intruding on each other, no one to frighten with his half crazed fantasies when he woke. He rubbed his face with his hands, trying to remind himself that he was really there, that if he were crazy he was at least real.
 
The owl hooted, a low and mournful sound and it released something in him, something deep and shameful; some primal part of himself that wanted the dreams and welcomed the nightmares into his life; for real or not, they made him feel alive. They had become familiar and comforting in their familiarity, like friends he no longer had, returned to him. He heard the little voices that whispered to him - warning him that fifty more years of this, much less hundreds, would drive him truly mad - but he let them go to drift out of him into the darkness as his lids closed and he secretly invited them in.
 
~~o~X~o~~
 
It started with a throbbing, deep pulse of desire.
 
The warm water of the hot spring sluiced around them and slid in between their bodies, sliding past their skin more quickly as he pulled her hips against him so that her soft bottom pressed into his erection and fired it with more desire. He looked down on her and saw that her body shimmered as though she might not be there at all, but he could feel her warm skin rub against him and hear her as she sighed softly and arched her back, pushing herself into him while her arms rose over his head and around his neck, her head lying back on his shoulder and turned so that her tongue could lick out at his jaw. He felt the slick trace of her mouth under his chin as his hands smoothed up from the front of her thighs, pressing lightly into her curls as he brought the water with them, wetting her stomach and palming her breasts. The feel of her nipples hardening beneath his touch as her full breasts filled his hands was like a spark, coiling something deep within him that seized his hips into a slow push against her. A small groan escaped them both and he gripped her ribcage enough to turn her and take her lips in his, plunging his tongue into her, sliding against hers as his hips began to rock against her.
 
He wanted to take her right there, but she wouldn't let him.
 
“I need you, InuYasha,” she breathed against his neck as her body turned in his arms. Her breasts slid against his chest and his cock pushed into the giving skin of her stomach. “I need you to be happy. I need to know that you're happy. I need to make you happy.”
 
Frustration, longing and gratitude welled up in him as she led him from the spring, her fingers curled against his to draw him up after her. He watched the swell of her bottom swing under her wet hair as it dripped the water down her legs as they flickered in and out of his sight. But when she turned to him and put her hands on his shoulders, her weight felt real and he allowed her to push him down on the soft grass at the edge of the spring. She kissed him deeply and settled her weight playfully on his stiffening cock, teasing it with the hot velvety skin of her opening and lifting off him when he crunched his muscles in and effort to enter her, so that he only managed to press his head into her. She laughed lightly as he collapsed back down, unable to reach her.
 
“You need me, too, don't you?” The edge to her voice would have been cruel if her words had not rung so true.
 
“Yes,” he hissed as her fingers slid down his body to wrap around his length and pull, swelling him in her hand and pulling an arch into his back as he brought his hands to her breasts to let them rest in his palms. “I need you… I want this…” he whispered into the surge of blood and adrenaline that coursed into his groin to harden him even more in her grasp.
 
She followed the path of her hands down his body, descending into the pool of water at his feet, trailing her tongue to swirl once around his nipple and then follow the ridges and clefts of his chest and stomach down to where her hand lifted him up so her mouth could take him in. Her tongue and lips were so hot and wet that he gasped and put his hand on her head as she began to move more quickly, flicking her lips and tongue over his shaft. His breath was coming out of him in involuntary little puffs. The sensation was so light, so delicate; it was like a tickle, almost as ethereal as her form which he watched through slitted lids.
 
“Fuck, Kagome!” he whispered as his fingers tried to gripp her dark hair. “Harder!” He squirmed under her motions as she continued to play with him, tracing her tongue under the ridge of his head and twirling it around him, teasing him. He wanted to yell at her, scream at her to grab him harder, squeeze her lips over him until she thought she'd stopped the circulation, move her hand and mouth together up and down over him until her muscles ached with the effort. He knew if he grabbed himself with one strong hand, he could bring himself off in about ten seconds, but for some reason, his arms wouldn't move. He was caught in the dream, unable to break himself from it and unable to stop or change her motions over him.
 
His body convulsed slowly with another light lick down to his balls as she took one into her mouth, sucking it in and rolling it around on her tongue as her hand played with his shaft until his body jerked with the effort to break free and move. Gods! If she'd only just grab me and pull! Or let me flip her over…he imagined her under him and the desire to move became overwhelming as he growled in frustration, the fearsome sound caught in the air around him as he floated in this limbo of torturous pleasure that was driving him mad. Why can't I have you? Even if you're not real, I need you.
 
Just when he'd reached what he thought was his limit, when his mind had lost its grip completely and failed to latch hold of anything anymore except the fact that his cock was hard and wanting and he needed to fuck something… that's when he came… as he always did... spiking fear and excitement through his victim.
 
The tongue snaking over him became longer and the mouth larger, the hair under his hand became coarser and he was able to fist a handful of it; the force holding him became a tangible tangle of limbs lifting him up to a sitting position while the grip around the base of his cock became firm and strong. InuYasha didn't need to look down to know what held him now. Dream and nightmare merged in the smooth, deep voice that spoke from between his splayed legs.
 
“Tell me what you need now, InuYasha,” Naraku intoned.
 
“Fuck!” The hanyou burst out, his cock pulsing into the strong hand holding it with the promise of relief. “Let me go!” He began to struggle, shamed by the exhilaration that flooded into his limbs as they remained pinned, knowing what was coming and wanting it so badly even as he was repulsed the fact he did want it so much. It hadn't always been this way, Naraku having been even more ephemeral than Kagome until the visitations became routine.
 
Even as he reminded himself that it was an illusion brought upon him by a confused mind, lonely for the one he missed and the purpose he longed for, he couldn't help but feel it was real as the muscular grasp around his shaft became forceful and the mouth became harder as it moved faster over his quivering flesh. A cry of ecstasy escaped his lips and he arched his back against the restraints of Naraku's limbs, which tightened at his elbows and yanked his hand away.
 
“Fucking hate you!” He ground out as he finally began to feel the coil inside him tense, the muscles at the back of his thighs and ass bunching in the effort to push, but finding no purchase. A chuckle of encouragement accompanied a relaxing motion on his arm that allowed him to rest his hands behind him and gain the leverage he needed to thrust his hips up to try and suffocate the beast that held him in willing captivity. “Gonna fucking choke you `til you can't breathe!” he snarled out as he felt himself slide down Naraku's open throat, the muscles giving to let him fully in only after he'd slammed up into them several times. The monster's muffled laugh infuriated him and he pumped himself harder, encouraged by the feel of Naraku's hands on his rear, stroking their way along side his frenzied motion, pulling him in with each thrust.
 
Suddenly, Naraku's mouth disappeared with a scrape of teeth and InuYasha was left gasping, his hips lifted and tight.
 
“No!” His whole body trembled with pent up need “Finish it!” He looked down between his legs to see the cruel smile of his nemesis, the red eyes burning in the handsome face of the long-dead prince. The prince's hands slid up the insides of his thighs to take his swollen cock in one strong pull, wringing a guttural groan from his captive.
 
“What if I were real?” Naraku's face shimmered a little, as if to contradict his words.
 
“You're not real, so fucking finish this!” InuYasha spoke from between clenched fangs.
 
“What if I were real?” the prince repeated, rising out of the water to display a firm, muscled body, his various limbs loosening their hold on InuYasha completely now and withdrawing behind him as his own impressively aroused cock emerged out of the water. The beast grabbed himself and began fisting his hard-on as his eyes roamed the hanyou's body hungrily. “What if I needed you as badly as you needed me?” A veined human hand rose to grasp InuYasha's erection again and began pulling on him in unison with his own movements, sapping the hanyou's desire to do anything but pump his hips up into that sweet motion that promised to give him release from this torment. His whole body rushed with heat and need and he didn't care anymore how his relief came.
 
“You're not real,” InuYasha managed to get out as a satisfied grin broke over Naraku's face, his skin flushing with excitement.
 
“Maybe you're right,” the deep, resonant voice taunted. “Maybe I'm just all that's left of your guilt for betraying Kikyou and Kagome both-
 
“Shut up!” InuYasha screamed at him, the effort of his outburst only rushing the blood more quickly through him, hardening him more. “I don't need you!”
 
Naraku's grin became feral and he leaned in, fisting them both with such ferocity that InuYasha felt his release build again, coiling and ready. But then Naraku threw his head back in the midst of his own ecstasy, loosening his grip on InuYasha to the hanyou's supreme frustration yet again, too busy following the rhythm of his own body's need to bring InuYasha to climax. Jumping to his feet with a snarl of exasperation, InuYasha grabbed Naraku by the shoulders and flipped him back onto the muddy bank of the spring, kneeling over him on all fours.
 
“I don't care if you're fucking real or not, asshole!” Grabbing him by the shoulders again he hoisted the man's thin frame up against a rock; fisting a handful of that long dark hair in his hand he slammed the beast back on the rock so that his mouth was as hip height. Vaguely he was aware of the fact that Naraku's hand was still pumping himself. The sly grin that spread on his face infuriated InuYasha, who ground out, “I'm gonna make you finish what you started!”
 
“Good,” Naraku murmured, eyeing InuYasha's thick cock. The hanyou kept his fingers firmly entwined in the black mat of hair, pinning Naraku's head to the rock and he inched his knees forward, grabbing himself and angling towards Naraku's open mouth which spoke thickly. “The more you want me, the more real I become…” His last words disappeared into the heat of his tongue and lips closing over InuYasha's throbbing shaft, so desperately in need of release, InuYasha finally let loose, jamming himself so far back into the animal's mouth he thought he felt the rock behind his head.
 
“I don't want you!” He yelled as his cock disappeared into those wet lips below the cruel, red eyes. “I don't need you to fuck with me!” He pulled out and slammed himself in again, feeling Naraku's gag reflex grip the tip of his cock and finally lighting the smoldering fuse into a flame. Just before he closed his eyes and lifted his face to the stars, he saw Naraku's mouth around him come slightly more into focus, his lips glistening more brightly in the moonlight and his teeth scraping harder on sensitive skin. Giving voice to the terrible anger and pain brewing in him, he yelled as he slammed himself forward again, “I don't need you to feel alive!”
 
He was losing it now, pumping his hips so hard against that mouth that Naraku's grunts became entangled with his huffing breathes and strangled moans. “I don't need you to be real!” A quick thought of her, her breasts against his hands, her body open and willing beneath him, her smiling face… the images came together with the final tightening of Naraku's lips and an increased pressure of his tongue underneath the length of his shaft. InuYasha's scream ripped from his throat as he threw his head back and clenched every muscle in his body, coming violently into his enemy's mouth, continuing to pump himself into the waves of white-out sensation flooding him until neither one of them could breathe, killing them all over again.
 
~~~X~~~
 
The light of the sun played across his eyelids as it poked its way through the trees with the morning's dawn. InuYasha fluttered his lashes open as his fingers awoke to the sticky evidence of his unconscious indiscretions. He was curled on his side, at the edge of the hot spring, far from where he'd laid down the night before. He slid down into the water, moving to submerge himself in the inviting warmth and clean himself of the filth of his nightmare. It had been a dream. Always a dream…
 
As he tried to reassure himself in the morning light, there was a shift in the sun, as though a cloud passed over in the cloudless sky and his skin crawled with the familiar graze of goose bumps as the presence moved across the water, passing over him as though in thanks. His face burned with shame at the sadness he felt as it left the clearing, tugging at a residual sob of anger in his throat. He swallowed the strangled noise with a breath and berated himself for dreading another day in the world so void of friends - and enemies.
 
 
The End (thank goodness!)