InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen and Risen ❯ Falling and War ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Falling and War
 
Darkness consumed the retched city. Dark disgusting storm clouds hung heavy over the Tokyo buildings and skyscrapers, causing a thick fog to follow. Deep beneath these stone forests, laid bloody streets and alleys. The stench of blood and demons hung strongly in the fog.
 
A figure stood, glancing down at the damn city, thinking that it could be worse. Her blue silver hair hung at her mid back framing her face and almost covering her sunset colored eyes, as well as covering her panther like ears hiked on the side of her head, clothed in blue shorts and a black tank top, one strap seeming to have been ripped or removed, whether it had been on purpose or not. A hand at her hip, slightly above one of the crescent shaped blade that hung at both sides, she stood perfectly still on top on the high building. Listening carefully to everything around her.
 
“This is not good, they're already preparing.” She growled, as she looked to the far side of the city, seeing something in the distance moving, and fast. “He is so not going to be happy.” She spoke again, turning her heel and leaping off the building, landing onto the streets below. The rain was coming, but the clouds would never fade.
 
The water from above mixed with the oils, blood and other things that mixed on the street, leaving a deplorable odor in the atmosphere. `Disgusting, damn it. Even the heavens above could sense the sinister feeling.' The woman clenched her jaw, and hissed through the teeth.
 
She ran, picking up the blood and rain on her black shoes, though, not giving a rats ass about the damn things. Passing more buildings and an old park. All the homes had been evacuated long ago. The once proud city of Tokyo had fallen prey to the demons. Many humans had left the island long ago; most others had gone in hiding. Surprisingly capable of forming small colonies and packs.
 
Though, like all, there are those that are shunned. The woman ran as fast as her legs could take her. Stopping in the middle of the street, and looking around. Not worried of being run over by a car, but by being caught by something worse. She looked up at the falling rain, the angels were crying, for what? Pity on the pathetic beings that lay beneath the asphalt streets? `Go to hell.' Was her thought as she grabbed the manhole at her feet. Picking it with one hand as though it were plastic instead of heavy metal. Grasping the rusted cold bars of the ladder, she took one final glance and jumped down.
 
She feel down quite a way, before hitting the sewer floor, surprisingly clean, other than the water and other substance that feel through the holes above. She sprinted in one direction, and kept going.
 
At the end of the run, in her sight, she saw them. The giant iron gates, protected by her own kind.
 
“Hey, look, Hana's come back.” Said the male on the left, green hair tied in a high ponytail, yet still never passed his ears, shaped like the gills of a fish.
 
“What news do you bring for us, huh?” The one on the right asked. He looked human enough, other than the horns that stuck on the top of his head instead of ears, black hair that hung to his shoulders. Both men with weapons that laid across their shoulders.
 
Greeting them with a gentle smile and a wave, “I need to speak with Inuyasha, we have trouble coming our way. This may not end well. Is he here?”
“Yeah, he's here. He's helping the kids, last I checked.” The man on the right said. “Open the gates. Hana has come with news.”

The moment his words carried up to the woman at the tower above them, she started tugging on the rope that kept the gates closed. Opening them for the panther woman.
 
Hana wasted no time in walking inside. The minute she stepped foot in, the gates closed behind her. “Yamori, certainly your shift is almost over right?” She yelled up to the woman in the tower known as Yamori.
 
“Yes, I just have to wait for Aya to get here.” She yelled back down, Hana's ears flicking to her direction. Catching every word she spoke.
 
Hana nodded, “I have to find Inuyasha. Looks like we're in for some trouble.”

”What kind, huh wench?” A gruff male voice rang behind her, startling her slightly. She knew it any where. As she turned around, the male stood only a few feet from her, arms crossed at his chest. He was clothed in black jeans, and a red shirt. Silver hair trailing unquestionably down to his waist, golden eyes that showed so many barriers around them, and yeah the most cutest dog ears atop his head.
 
“Inuyasha, man why must you sneak up me like that? You know how much I detest that.” She asked, anger filling her eyes.
 
“Keh, some hanyou you are, can't even sense someone behind you. How sad.” Inuyasha replied sticking his nose high in the air.
 
“I would have sensed you had I not been talking you ass.” Hana crossed her arms across her chest and glared at him.
 
Yamori had climbed down from her post in the tower, and walked over to her friend.
 
“You said something about trouble,” He said again, bringing his eyes to meet hers. A shrill always ran up her spine when she saw the coldness in his gaze. “What kind of trouble?”

His voice was much gentler than it was a moment ago. Hana sighed wishing he was just a bit nicer. “The demons are moving, and fast. Do you think they know where we are?”

”Most demons are too stupid. Let's hope they haven't found us.” He replied as he turned his feels, and jumped. Hana followed, jumping over the buildings that hid their people from the danger in the outside world. Reaching a high pillar they both stood.
 
“Listen, every one. We fear that the demons have found out where we are. We need all able men to prepare for battle. All units go to your battle stations and wait for further instructions.” Hana's voice traveled throughout the buildings. Bouncing off the streets and walls as it echoed down the concealed city.
 
Below them, they could hear children screaming and footsteps. Men heading in one direction, into another set of large doors below Inuyasha and Hana.

”We need to suit up as well. Come on.” Hana said as she stepped off the pillar, and onto a platform that hung behind them, over the railing and through the doors. Inuyasha followed.
 
~~~
 
The sky from high off was clear and clean, higher than the dark permanent storm clouds that hung over the Tokyo skyline. The clouds were white and fluffy, as they should be. Sitting on top one of those, sat a woman. Long dark chocolate hair that hung at her mid waist, brown eyes, and a white dress that clung to her perfect body. Showing every curve and groove.
 
She was looking down upon the city, not really enjoying the blood thirst and massive killing and destruction below.
 
“My dear, “Said a loud voice from behind her. She turned to face the man behind her, “Your assignment starts now, and you know what to do. Correct?”
 
He was tall, and handsome. Black hair that fell nicely in perfect lines, ending behind the curvature of his ear. Deep dazzling blue eyes that shined with the moon and stars. The woman would admit that he was attractive, but not through her eyes.
 
She nodded her head to answer his question, “Retrieve the sacred jewel and send the people who took it to hell. I am well aware of what to do.” She said.
 
“I'm glad you understand Kagome, an angel is only sent to earth for one main reason. To take a life to the gates of hell, and return back. IT is no longer often that one stays on earth anymore. Only one is chosen to be a guardian, and here… it is no longer possible.”
 
The woman by the name of Kagome, stood from her spot on the pillow like cloud and fully faced him, “Now spread your wings, dear angel, and take flight. But heed my words and let no man know of your true being.”

Kagome shook her head once more and jumped off the cloud. Free falling half way down, passing the shades of gray. Already smelling the many styles of blood and polluted air.
 
It was truly disgusting, she remembered the stories from the other angels, how beautiful and clean the streets used to be.
 
When did it all go downhill?

It mattered not, what's done is done, and nothing could be done to change the past, only to move on and hope for a better future.
 
Nothing more from this point, Kagome was still free falling from the sky waiting for the right moment.
 
`Now!” She yelled in her mind as her hair shifted furiously, and silver white wings protruded from her back. Her free falling coming to a halt, as she took flight in the sky, spreading her wings wide. Looking over the city. Blood covering every street and alley. Dead bodies strewn all over. Kagome flinched at the sight, she had never left the heavens before, and had never seen the earth quite like this. It was a terrible tragedy to see.
 
Though right at the moment, her only thought laid on her duty. The elder angels words made her think, “If one angel is not sent as a guardian, then one is sent to kill.” Was what he had said once, and back one the cloud, only reversed.
 
Her thoughts were so deep in completing; she did not realize that she was being followed. Large bat wings flapped slowly and steadily behind her. Watching and waiting, for the right moment to strike.
 
The moment came, and the bat demon flew faster, attacking the angel's wing and clawing her back. Kagome screeched in pain, and fell to the ground.
 
~~
 
Commotion came about as worried mothers and children ran for cover, as their beloved brothers, sons, husbands and fathers stepped out of the doors. Their bodies completely adorned with thick, yet moveable armor.
 
In front, the pack leaders stood, Hana's and Inuyasha's armor, not as thick as others. Hana, dressed in silver armor, trimmed with a golden lining, Inuyasha's was the same style, black armor with silver trimmed lining.
 
At their hips their swords and blades rested, ready to use.
 
“You ready for this, Hana?” Inuyasha whispered words that only Hana could hear.
 
“It's not everyday we go to battle, but remember, we also need to hunt for the pack. Our food supply is running awfully low.” Hana replied, bringing up a minor situation that they have to follow as well. All Inuyasha did was nod.
 
Hana turned to face her troops, “This battle should not take long, it would be best if you were to remember your training. We shall return, I promise you all. But remember thus, stay in the shadows and do not attack unless they do you first. Is that clear?”

Many shouts and praise rusted the soldiers. Hana smirked, “On ward then.”
 
She and Inuyasha turned around and walked out the doors that held them, covered them , protected. Leaving the comfort of their home.
 
Four straight lines formed behind two bodies, heading out into the street. Half of the four lines broke in two directions, while the rest waited for further instructions behind their leaders.
 
“What do you think, Inuyasha?” Hana asked in a whisper, keeping her eyes on the roads ahead.
 
“We need a better view.” He said. Hana nodded, “All of you are to wait here until we return.”

At that they bounded to the buildings. Stepping gently like a feather on the roof top on the nearest structure. Gazing over everything. Taking the time to look and relook, “There beyond the gates. I honestly don't think they set out to attack us, but the humans.” Hana said.
 
“It don't matter, Hana. We're right in the middle of both territories, and the battle will be where they hit. Which, may end up being over our very own home. I'm not going to put every one in danger. The very least we can do is post the soldiers in case of attacks.” Inuyasha spoke like a true leader, `His father was like that too.' Hana thought. Things are different now compared to then, and things are harder to get by.
 
Hana looked over another direction and saw something falling. Behind it, a stream of white light followed it, and being chased by a demon. But even for her range of sight it was too far for her to tell what it was exactly that was falling, “Say, Inuyasha? What's that, do you suppose?” She asked him, as he dragged his sight over, “Got no clue, but what ever it is, the demons are going after it.”

”Well, I'm going after it. Haruka, Aya, Yamori, front and center.”

”You're one crazy woman, ya know that? You're gonna go after something we don't even know. It could kill us if you bring it back.”

”And I'm telling you that I don't think it will. I'm going after it, and if it turns out to be a demon, well, I'll take care of it.” Anger was heating up, till arrived on the roof beside them, three woman kneeled down, in a single line, “You called for us, Lady Hana?” The one on the far left asked, silky autumn brown hair and elfin ears pointed through, as she lifted her head, autumn colored eyes were seen.
 
“Yes, what service could we do for you?” The one in the middle asked, she had steel blue hair and sapphire eyes. The one on the end, Yamori, had golden hair and sea green eyes.
 
Hands on their hearts, showing loyalty and waiting for the orders, “You three will accompany me to where that thing had fallen.” Hana pointed to the direction, as the three women stood and nodded.

”Catch you later.” She waved to Inuyasha, and the three behind her followed, “Make sure to be back by nightfall, Hana.” Inuyasha yelled after her.
 
~~

Their search didn't take long, just took half a days run. Hana could see what had fallen where. Not that it was hard, seeing that it had left a clear pathway in the pavement. Whatever fell, hit the ground hard and slid a long way.
 
Following the destruction quite a way, they ran to a complex, a huge hole on one side. The sound of glass was still heard, meaning it had not been very long since the crash.
 
“Stay clear, we don't know if it is dangerous.” Hana yelled over her shoulder. Stepping onto the glass, and hearing the crunching noise from under her armored feet. She got close to the complex and fingered the rims of the destruction that was left behind.
 
Climbing over the broken wall, she now saw what it was. A woman, “Oh, my goodness. Haruka, grab me a blanket and help me!!” She yelled to the woman with autumn colored hair and eyes.
 
Haruka quickly rummaged the collapsed building and searched for a usable blanket, which was found in no time.
 
With a little shaking to clear the glass and any other substance that may still be present, she brought it up to Hana, “Oh my, she's so young.”

”One of the demons must have carried her up and dropped her if she struggled. She's just a human. Cover her and lets bring her back. We need to clean her wounds before they worsen.”
 
“Yes of course.” Haruka kneeled down to the woman dressed in white, now completely dirty with blood and other substance from the ground and building, and long flowing black hair, and gently wrapped it around her.
 
Picking her up bridal style, Haruka carried her over the demolition and back to the other women.
 
“Come on, we have what we found, now lets go home and await the others to return.” Hana exclaimed, heading back in the direction they came in. The three following close behind.