InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Family Connections ❯ You were worried? ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Standard Disclaimer: Inuyasha and all belong to Rumiko Takahashi…

*Chapter Three*

~You were worried…~

Kagome opened the door as silently as she could, peeking into the darkened interior of the house and holding her breath as she waited for Inuyasha to come down on her head like an avenging angel.

When only the heavy silence greeted her, she slipped inside and closed the door behind her, sliding off her shoes. Her ears strained for any sound, but to her surprise, there was nothing. Not the television, no snoring, nothing…

`Did Inuyasha decide to go out after I left?' she pondered, flicking on the hall light as her trepidation changed to curiosity.

The doors to all the rooms were open, revealing that she was indeed alone in the house, and she shrugged, "I guess so."

Putting him out of her mind for a moment, she went into the bathroom and reached out to turn on the shower. The pipes gave a slight sputter and then hissed, but no water was forthcoming and she sighed in irritation, "Miroku… I swear to god, you never get anything fixed."

Shaking her head, she turned off the tap and made her way down the hall to Miroku's bedroom and through to his shower. Kagome twisted the tap and smiled in relief when the water came rushing out on command. She adjusted the temperature and sighed as she stripped out of the clothes she'd worn on the date with Hojo, `I don't know if I should feel depressed or relieved that Inuyasha isn't here.'

It wasn't that Hojo was a bad guy, on the contrary, he had been remarkably sweet and charming, but he seemed so… so… dense? Boring? She sighed regretfully as she stepped under the hot spray of water and let it relax her strangely tense muscles. For some reason, she just couldn't enjoy herself with him. He hadn't noticed at all, chattering amicably while she worried a little about what Inuyasha was doing without her. She hadn't realized she'd gotten so accustomed to spending her evenings with him.

She paused in the act of rising shampoo from her hair. Come to think of it, she had spent all of her time with Inuyasha. `Wow… and I've never gotten bored,' she shook her head and reached for conditioner. `When did I start to think of him being such a regular thing in my life? I just met him a little while ago,' her massaging motions slowing as she pondered that.

She couldn't explain it, but something about Inuyasha drew her to him. He made her feel safe and… and peaceful? She giggled softly at the odd turn her thoughts had taken. Inuyasha was anything but peaceful, but then again… her eyes turned slightly dreamy, there was something so compelling about him. There was an old shuttered look in his eyes that she wanted to take away. As silly as it sounded, she wanted to make him smile.

Kagome caught herself when she started to picture the play of muscles over Inuyasha's chest, her hand absently stroking her own hair where it fell over her shoulder, shaking her head fiercely and turning her attention back to the shower. `But what happened tonight? All of a sudden he was acting like such a… well, an arrogant bastard!' she wondered as she rinsed off and turned off the water. `Where did it come from?'

She let out a defeated sigh when the image of his naked chest skipped through her traitorous mind again and stepped out of the shower to wrap an oversized towel around her body. "So he's absolutely gorgeous and doesn't have a shy bone in his body," she muttered, blushing as she dried off and went to raid Miroku's drawers for pajamas.

"Ehh?" Kagome's brows lifted when she pulled on a pair of dark, baggy running pants and they nearly fell off her hips. Giggling brightly, she dug around for an oversized gray shirt so old it was almost paper-thin and impossibly soft, "I have to remember to tease him about getting fat."

She dropped the towel and started to pull the plain cotton shirt over her head when a soft "thump" pulled her attention around to the doorway, "Hn?"

"Kagome," Inuyasha slumped against the doorframe, his overlong bangs hiding his gleaming eyes as he studied the exposed curves of her breasts and hips in appreciation. "It's good you're back. You saved me the trouble of having to go out and look for you."

Kagome went red in a matter of seconds, yanking the shirt down quickly, but not without awkwardly catching the worn fabric on her nipples in the process, "I-Inuyasha! Eh… ah… I… I thought you were out. Gomen!" she nervously pressed a hand over her pounding heart when he straightened and gave her a perfect view of his bare chest yet again. Completely mortified that a man she'd been fantasizing over moments ago in the shower had caught her topless in her cousin's room, she folded her arms over her unbound breasts and tried to brush past him, "I'll, ah… see you in the morning. Oyasumi, Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha turned his body, but didn't step out of the doorway, forcing her to turn sideways if she wanted to get past him. When she was directly across from him, his hands snapped up, pressing flat to the wall on either side of her head and effectively halting her progress, "Did you have a good time on your date, Kagome?"

Kagome blinked in confusion and then smiled, laughing softly as the tension melted inexplicably back into the same comfort she always felt with Inuyasha, "I didn't worry you, did I, Inuyasha?"

In the darkness, his lips quirked in a faint, almost mocking smile, "You snuck out the window to go on a date with a boy I've never met. Don't you think it's a little late to ask me that?"

Kagome frowned slowly when she noticed his words had slurred ever so slightly and he winced. Concerned, she leaned closer to see his face in the dark, brushing his hair out of his face, "You were being an ass. Yasha, are you all right?"

"I'll live," he snorted derisively, but stayed still where he stood as Kagome's fingers lightly traced over his face, leaning in so she could see him more clearly.

Kagome gasped in alarm, her own annoyance forgotten when she saw the dark smudges marring his usually flawless skin. Already there were bruises forming across his left cheek, dotted here and there with lines of blood from a multitude of small abrasions. Her eyes were blazing when she pulled back, grabbing the wrist that barred her way and yanking him along behind her with surprising strength as she stormed into the kitchen.

"Dammit, Inuyasha, you were in a fight!" she hissed at him, oblivious to the stunned expression on his face as she slammed him down onto a stool. "You're just like Miroku! What in the world were you thinking?!" no longer looking at him, she opened and closed cabinets with a force that made him wince until she let out a slight grunt of victory and pulled out a first-aid kit the size of a toolbox.

Inuyasha blinked rapidly as he watched her, feeling a little dizzy at the sudden concern and attention as well as her anger. At the same time, he couldn't prevent the muffled laugh or the smile that came to his face when he saw the size of the box, "Damn, Miroku really must get into a lot more fights than I do. Or that idiot is just too slow to keep from getting hurt."

"Baka!" Kagome snapped at him, shaking him free of his amusement as his eyes again lifted in surprise to the dark scowl on her face. However, the anger in her voice was a far cry from how very gentle her hands were on his face as she bathed it with a cool cloth, "Were you drinking too? Is that how you got in this condition?" Her eyes searched his, and his eyes widened slightly when he saw a suspicious sheen make them more luminous than normal.

"I had a couple, but I'm hardly drunk," he shrugged, wincing when she cleaned the blood off his lower lip, but his eyes were still captivated by hers. `Are those… tears? Kagome, you aren't… crying? For me?' His hand came up to catch her wrist and stop her motions, "It was just some asshole that tried to start a fight. I took him outside and made him reconsider."

"Oh god!" she grabbed a thick chunk of his hair and gave it a hard yank in an effort to display some of the turmoil going through her head. "You didn't kill him, did you, Inuyasha?" she used her grip on his hair to yank his face close to hers.

Inuyasha yelped at the wholly unexpected pain, "Bitch! You think I could kill someone?"

Kagome snorted, straightening and fisting her hand on her hip, "With your temper? Of course you could. Hell, Yasha, you're the strongest guy I've ever seen, let alone known!"

Inuyasha stared up at her, wondering if he'd ever completely understand this infuriating girl who'd somehow turned a lecture and insults into the best compliment he'd ever received. His lips slowly spread in a blinding smile despite her furious expression, and he shot to his feet to all but crush her to his chest in a hard embrace. When her mouth opened to question, he was ready, and his head dipped down to fasten tightly over her own.

Kagome's eyes went wide at the action, her hands lifting to press against his shoulders as her world was rather suddenly and violently flipped upside down. She had meant to push him away, tell him she didn't know him well enough for this, but as his tongue slid warmly past her lips those thoughts simply vanished. Kagome melted against him, her hands flexing against his skin just to touch before sliding up to tangle in his thick hair.

Inuyasha was in a similar state, every one of his careful plans and thoughts tumbling down the wayside when he felt her lips turn pliant beneath his own. Her hands had pressed flat against his chest and slid up to hold him close as she opened her mouth under his searching tongue, and in response, his hands slid down to splay wide over her back and pull her against him even harder. When she obediently melted even more against him, he let one hand slide down to the base of her spine and apply gentle pressure while the other lifted to fist in her hair at the nape and turn her head to make deepening his kiss easier. He couldn't help at smirk at just how much of her he could feel through Miroku's old shirt, letting out a soft groan when she shifted and unintentionally rubbed her breasts against his chest.

"Kagome," he released her lips to press a string of hot, open-mouthed kisses down the slim line of her throat. She tasted even sweeter than he had imagined, and the longer he held her, the more it seemed like he'd found something he hadn't even known he was missing until now.

All he knew was that he had it now, and he'd do anything to keep it.

But first he had to show Kagome how much she meant to him.

Kagome couldn't put her finger on what exactly changed in the way Inuyasha was kissing her or touching her, but something…. something was definitely different. Intense. Possessive even, but whatever it was made her heart race even faster and heat pool into a throbbing ache low in her stomach. `This…. this is desire?' Her breath caught on the revelation that completely stunned her; for the first time in her life, she wanted someone in that way. Her hands clenched tight in his hair, `Oh my god…. It's… Inuyasha? I want Inuyasha?'

Inuyasha slid his hand up under the back of her shirt, lightly running his fingertips up her spine as his head lowered and he scraped his teeth over her shoulder to knock the loose garment aside. The neckline shifted with ease, sliding almost to her elbow and only catching when the other side bunched against her neck. Taking full advantage of the expanse of pale skin the action revealed, his hands gently directed her back to arch into him while he bent to lazily run his tongue across her collarbone and down her chest.

Kagome's startled gasp was caught in her throat as her eyes clenched shut under the overwhelming rush of sensations and her hands dropped to his shoulders, "Inu… Inuyasha… I …. we…. this….!?"

"Shh," Inuyasha turned gleaming eyes up to her flushed face, smiling with arrogant affection as he straightened to look down at her. He waited patiently until her eyes opened, holding her gaze as he slowly drew the hand that was already under her shirt around her ribs and then up to cover her breast.

Kagome's eyes went wide and her mouth fell open as her cheeks darkened fiercely. Instinctively she started to pull away from the unfamiliar contact, but Inuyasha's other hand dropped to her back to keep her close.

"Do you care so much if I get hurt, Kagome?" he asked softly, his voice a quiet caress all its own to distract her thoughts as her body grew accustomed to the feel of his.

A little embarrassed at the question, she lowered her gaze from the intensity of his eyes and focused on his throat as she murmured, "Of…. of course I do! You're a good fri- ah, you're Miroku's best friend." She finished in a rush, shivering when his hand began to knead her aching flesh with expert strokes.

Inuyasha arched one brow curiously, not missing the hesitation, "Is that all? Only because I'm friends with your cousin?"

"W-why else?" her legs went weak when his forefinger traced over her distended nipple, slumping against his chest as she clenched his shoulders and buried her face against his throat.

"Liar," he whispered, ducking down to catch her earlobe in his teeth and bite down gently just to hear her breath hitch again. "You feel it too, don't you? Like this is right where we need to be. Where we always belonged from the first," his eyes closed as he took a deep breath against the urge to push her against the kitchen wall and just show her what their bodies and souls were pushing for.

Kagome pulled back abruptly, but only far enough to lean up and stare into his dark eyes, "You feel it?"

Inuyasha's smile grew wider, his heart racing as his strokes over her breast grew much more confident, "Then you do feel it. I hoped I wasn't the only one…." The hand at her back lifted to toy with her hair, "I would hate for this to all be one-sided."

"But I've never-!" Kagome broke off with a self-conscious squeak, hiding her face at his throat but not before she saw his eyes light up with understanding.

"You've never been with anyone," he finished matter-of-factly, but there was an unmistakable note of delighted approval in his voice that brought an irritated frown to her face.

"If you're only-"

"I don't care about that," Inuyasha cut her off, nuzzling his face against her neck and stroking her hair in what he hoped was a soothing motion. "I've never wanted to be with a virgin, Kagome," he kissed her throat softly, swallowing hard against a fresh jolt of desire.

"Oh…" Kagome couldn't think of how to respond to that, her brows drawing together in concerned confusion. `Does…. does that mean he doesn't want me the same way I want him? Mou… wouldn't that just go great with my luck…'

"It's never felt like this, Kagome," Inuyasha just held her close for a moment, listening to the way her heart pounded so hard against his palm. "I don't intend to let you go…. Not when it feels so damn perfect," his lips sought hers out again for a kiss that seared her down to the tips of her toes.

Kagome would have smiled had the feel of his lips not been so all consuming, `So damn perfect…. He's right. Something about being with him like this just… just feels so right.' But how to show Inuyasha she felt the same way? Struck with sudden inspiration, she tilted her head and slid her tongue into his mouth to do some exploring of her own even as she trailed one hand down his chest. She hesitated for a moment, fighting a brief battle with her own inexperienced modesty before she compromised with it and slid her hand down outside his jeans to palm the obvious hardness straining the fabric.

Inuyasha had never in his life been on the receiving end of neither a touch that was so innocent and honest… nor one that had made him so completely and totally lose every last shred of the control he was fighting to maintain.

Kagome gasped in surprise when she found herself rather abruptly slammed up against the wall at her back, Inuyasha's mouth moving hungrily over hers while his hands slid down to grip her backside and grind her up against him. She was certain that his actions should at the very least have startled her, but the moment Inuyasha was pressed against her from head to toe, everything in her seemed to blaze well beyond the range of her own restraint.

She was distantly aware of his hands pulling at her hips, but it wasn't until she felt the brush of cooler air across her thighs that she realized he had tugged the over-sized pants down enough that they were sliding all the way to her ankles and then off as he lifted her off her feet.

He groaned into her mouth, taking more care as he slowly slid them down to the floor, easing Kagome onto her back. Kagome let out a little squeal, arching up against him and blushing when he reared back in concern. "Cold," she ducked her face against his throat.

Inuyasha chuckled, smoothing his hands down her back as he nipped at her neck, oddly grateful for the action that had helped bring him back into his head a little, "Not for long."

Kagome had been about to ask him what he meant when Inuyasha tilted her back, pushing her shirt up with one hand and taking her nipple into his mouth. All thoughts of the floor being cold, or the fact that she was laying practically naked on it went sailing out the window as her spine arched in reflex to the wet tug sending shudders of the most blinding pleasure she'd ever experienced arching through her veins.

Inuyasha tugged at the nub of distended flesh with his teeth, smiling when Kagome yelped and he felt her heartbeat jump in its already erratic pace. His hands fumbled slightly with the buttons of his jeans before he impatiently shoved them down off his hips and pressed his erection against her. He shuddered, sucking in a sharp moan as his hands tightened on her and he reluctantly lifted his head from her breast to look down at her.

Kagome was looking up at him through her lashes, face flushed and her chest heaving with her panting breaths as she lifted her hand to touch his face, "Inuyasha…"

Inuyasha dropped his head against the curve of her neck and gave a humorless laugh, "I'm… trying to slow down, Kagome. You're not helping."

"Why?" she stroked her hand over his hair, closing her eyes when he laughed again, sending vibrations through her everywhere their bodies touched. "Is it supposed to be slow?"

"I don't want you to feel rushed into this," he closed his eyes as he slid his hand down her stomach and then farther, finding the slick protrusion and rubbing two fingers across it to watch her reaction.

Kagome's let out a little scream, her body attempting to curl around his hand and push up into it all at once, her inexperience obvious and all the more arousing to him. His jaw tightened and he pulled his hand away, easing his body back to fit the tip of his shaft at her entrance, "God… Kagome… Gomen, but I… you're too much."

Before she could gather enough of her thoughts to ask him what the hell he could possibly mean by that, his arms wrapped tightly around her torso, his mouth again devouring hers as his hips pushed forward to bury himself completely in her warm body with one hard thrust. She cried out into his mouth, her hands clenching in his hair as her thighs squeezed against his hips in reaction to the painful stroke.

Inuyasha nearly collapsed on top of her, sweat beading along his forehead as he took deep breaths and concentrated on holding himself perfectly still, "Don't move yet, Kagome. I'll make it up to you, I swear it." `For the love of God, don't move or I'll… I'll just…'

Kagome's eyes were wide as her mind tried to process the sensations rushing through her. Inuyasha was pressing soft kisses against her throat while his hands had moved down in an effort to press her hips flat and still, but inside… That initial burst of pain had died down rather quickly, but it left behind a throbbing pulse that only made her that much more aware of the thick shaft stretching her body in the most unbelievable way. The burning ache was returning with each steady pulse, each kiss and each murmured endearment that she doubted he was even conscious of saying.

She was missing something, she was absolutely certain of it… Instincts were telling her with every rushing pulse in her over-heated blood there was more to this and if she could only get Inuyasha to move, she'd be able to find out what it was. With that thought in mind, she braced her feet and arched her hips upwards against him in a silent request to let her find that missing sensation.

Inuyasha's teeth clamped down on her shoulder the moment Kagome rocked against him and he voiced a low groan of pure unadulterated ecstasy, "Fuck…!"

The hands that had been holding her hips still slid more fully beneath her to tilt them upwards as he pulled out only to thrust back in a second time. His fingers tensing against her flesh so hard he prayed he wasn't leaving bruises. But then even that thought was gone when Kagome's legs lifted to lock around his waist and she made that near silent moans in the back of her throat he was rapidly falling in love with.

Kagome's hands clenched against his back, her throat working as she tried without success to speak. Inuyasha's mouth had again trailed down her chest, his tongue flicking across first one swollen nipple and then the other as he slid his shaft almost completely out again, only to thrust back in with twice the strength as before. The last coherent thought Kagome had was that Inuyasha rather expertly showing her just what had been missing.

Inuyasha was tenaciously holding onto the last minute fiber of clear thought, but with every thrust he could feel that hold slip. He leaned up, catching Kagome's mouth and pouring everything he felt into that contact, nipping at her lips and then sliding his tongue deep into her mouth to feel her arch up into him again. Her arms had wrapped tightly around him, nails digging into his shoulders as she rocked against his motions.

Just when he was absolutely certain he'd managed to get his control back, determined to treat Kagome to the very best he had to offer, she leaned up and bit his earlobe, her voice a whisper thick with emotion, "Please…"

Inuyasha let out a sound remarkably close to a growl as he reared up, all thoughts of planning forgotten as his arms wrapped securely around her back, cushioning it against the hard wood and then slamming into her so hard he was sure his hips would be bruised by morning. Kagome's reaction, however, was to throw her head back, arching her neck to his burning gaze as she choked out his name and clenched the muscles wrapped so tightly around his erection.

He was lost in a heartbeat.

For the first time in his life he'd gone completely into the realm of selfish sensation, his mouth moving with Kagome's in near desperation as their hips matched a hard, pounding rhythm. For every thrust, she was pushing against him the sounds of pleasure coming from her guttural and low or high and breathy as they neared the climax their bodies were screaming out to reach.

It may have been an hour or a few minutes, but Kagome curled around him with a high-pitched, frantic squeak as the muscles inside her clamped down like a vice. She called his name almost fearfully as the shattering euphoria crashed through her on the wave of a wild spasm deep inside her body.

Inuyasha's arms tightened around her and he choked on his own shout as he ground himself inside her as deeply as he was physically able. He felt his own splintering orgasm, the emptying rush of liquid heat that filled her body around him, and he moaned against her throat as his body went taut.

Inuyasha had had the advantage in knowing what exactly to push for, but this was the first time he'd felt whole. Blind to everything but Kagome and now feeling so utterly drained he felt like he was going to embarrass himself and faint.

Kagome had gone limp beneath him, panting and wide eyed as she stared up at him, waiting for his eyes to open. Inuyasha cracked first one eye open and then the other to look down at her, his arms shaking from holding him off her as he smirked and awkwardly balanced on his elbows to brush her hair out of her face. He was about to tease her about how hard she was still breathing and the race of her heart against his chest when he realized with a start that his was just as bad. He was… exhausted…

Kagome saw the shocked look on his face and gave a tired giggle, reaching up to stroke his cheek gently. Inuyasha was absolutely entranced by the gleam of devilment in her eyes as she took a deep, shuddering breath and remarked lazily, "Miroku's going to kill us for doing this on the kitchen floor."

Inuyasha blinked once, twice, and then collapsed over her, his face resting against her neck as his shoulders shook with helpless amusement. He turned his head and kissed her, tasting the salty flavor of the sweat as he grinned, "Hell, Kagome, what am I going to do with you?"

She stroked his hair absently, rubbing her cheek against his forehead, "Take me to a bed and show me if this was just a first time fluke?"

He leaned up, one brow arched and his expression set into the perfect lines off masculine affront, "Fluke?"

Kagome bit her lip, trying to contain the brilliant smile tugging at her lips and failing miserably, "Well I WAS secluded growing up. Maybe it was just that I didn't know I could feel things like-"

Inuyasha was on his feet, Kagome in his arms, and storming back to the bedrooms, growling in annoyance, "Bitch! By the time I get through with you it'll be at least a month before you can walk! Fluke… dammit, Kagome, you're supposed to tell me that it was perfect and-"

Kagome leaned up in his arms and pressed a light kiss to his lips to stop his angry tirade. Inuyasha subsided when she snuggled against him and licked the hollow of his throat, "Maybe I was just trying to convince you to do that with me again."

Inuyasha hugged her closer to his chest, still muttering as he passed her room and went straight for Miroku's shower, but the sound had much less heat than before, "I don't need it, brat, but I'm going to make damn sure you keep all of that `convincing' for me. This is special, Kagome, just you and me. Understood?"

Kagome nodded when he turned his gaze down on her, rubbing her head against him again and giving him a perfectly affected look of innocent hopefulness, "So you'll go out with me?"

He snorted, lips twitching as he sighed, "Your sense of humor is just as bad as your idiot cousin."

She smiled as he carried her into the shower, taking advantage of the close confines to "talk" him into showing her just how much more there was to intimacy, but she couldn't keep herself from staring at his eyes.

Kagome could have sworn she'd seen them turn gold.