InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fates Intertwined ❯ Red-Handed ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi.
 
 
This was written for the Fanfic_bakeoff community at LiveJournal. The prompt was “Catch” and the requirement was that it be between 100 and 300 words.
 
Title: Red-Handed
Rating: T
Fandom: InuYasha
Word count: 300
Characters: Miroku/InuYasha
Summary: InuYasha catches Miroku doing something Sango would not approve of. Takes place during the final chapter of the manga during Sango's first pregnancy.
 
 
Red-Handed
 
“You'd better not let Sango catch you doing that.” InuYasha couldn't help but to chuckle.
 
Miroku looked contrite and admitted, “It's bad enough that you caught me, my friend.”
 
“I'll admit that was more than I wanted to see when I ran into you,” the hanyou confessed.
 
“Better you than her catch me red-handed,” the monk said.
 
“Is that what you call it?” InuYasha asked.
 
Miroku straightened his robes and wiped off his hands. “Perhaps you'll understand some day… Sango… the pregnancy…” The monk sighed heavily.
 
“I gather she's not letting you have any.” InuYasha fidgeted with his sleeves.
 
“I don't ask for much… but no, none at all,” the monk confessed. “I had to do something.”
 
“Just ask next time and I'll help you,” the hanyou mumbled.
 
Miroku brightened. “Really? You'd do that for me?”
 
InuYasha shrugged his shoulders. “That's what friends are for. Besides, look at you - you're all wet.”
 
“Kind of sloppy, wasn't I?” A wry grin crossed his face.
 
“The next time you want fish and Sango won't let you have any because she can't stand the smell of it, just tell me. I'll catch and clean enough for both of us.”
 
Miroku looked sadly at the mutilated trout in his hands. “I didn't do too well, did I? It was a lot harder than I remember…”
 
“Why don't you build a fire to cook on, and I'll take care of supper,” the hanyou offered.
 
“I'll be forever in your debt,” the monk responded.
 
“A man's gotta eat,” InuYasha commented, “but not pickles for every meal.”
 
Miroku grinned. “Don't tell Sango - according to Kaede it could get worse.”
 
“We'd better get moving before she comes looking for you,” the hanyou suggested.
 
“I think she was trying to figure out how to pickle rabbit.”
 
They both shuddered.