InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Feh, It's Probably Me... ❯ When the worlds gone crazy and it makes no sense ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sniffle…Okay, last part…that last part was too sad. Next time, the next story will be funny, I hope. Please let me know what you think…Love you all! Darth Mer-Mer. I own no one, they only live under my bed, smacking my feet for writing something this angsty.

When the worlds gone crazy and it makes no sense

There's only one voice that comes to your defense

The jury's out and your eyes search the room

And one friendly face is all you need to see

If there's one guy,

Just one guy

Who'd lay down his life for you and die,

It's hard to say it

I hate to say it, but it's probably me…

Stunned. Too dumbfounded to speak, he looked up at Kagome's bright eyes. She had found a way around his careful defenses again. He had never expected her to knock before coming in.

"You…would you stay with me?" He looked down, hoping this wasn't some sick joke the cosmos were playing on his slowly mending heart. Silence. The wind flowed in again, ruffling his hair. His ears flipped back to catch her almost silent, "Yes."

The wind had brought him back his heart…with one tiny word, almost carried away by the breeze, his heart had returned to his chest from where ever it had gone to. His heart was too full for him to speak.

Kagome smiled. She should have known better than for him to accept her completely. I know the bond will never be broken between you and Kikyo, she thought, her heart still beating despite his long silence. I know that in my heart of hearts, but you know Inuyasha. This is what I think, it might not be a coincidence how you and I met. More than anything, I want you to live. She thought this with all her heart, staring into his wavering eyes.

Finally he found his voice buried in the sands Kagome had made in his mind. Each grain of it was a reason why he loved her. There was enough to fill all the oceans in both their worlds. "Kagome…"

And that was enough, just to hear him speak her name was enough. Happiness and joy filled Kagome from top to bottom. In a moment of boldness, she reached out and grabbed his hand, pulling him back towards the village. "Let's go home, Inuyasha." She said, her hand firmly holding on to his. In her mind she was rejoicing…I want you to be happy! She thought. I want to see you full of smiles!

Her hand tightened as he fell into step beside her. His hand carefully folded around hers, as if he was afraid she'd shatter. He didn't know what to do. His mind was still full of Kagome, overpowered by the very essence of her. Then when he knew she was really there, he squeezed, holding on tightly to what had come back to him.

I don't know what I can do, she though as she looked up at him, but I'll be by your side forever. They stopped for a moment to just look at what they still had as the wind blew their hair into masses of tangles around each other.

They stayed that way for a moment then continued to the village. As their footsteps silently fell on the forest floor, Inuyasha looked up to see the Shinboku towering above them. As her mother had said, Kagome and Inuyasha felt their hearts finally slow down and their minds clear of the millions of thoughts for each other. Kagome quietly slipped her hand out of his and walked to the tree. For a moment, he felt the overwhelming need to run and grab her hand back. Then he stopped.

Kagome rested her head against the smooth part of the tree where his sleeping body had rubbed off the bark during his fifty-year sleep. Her tears were silently falling down her cheeks. It couldn't have been chance that she met him. There was too much in her heart for it not to be fate. He hadn't rejected her. He was just quiet, so quiet. But she had heard his voice whisper her name one more time, just as she had wished for. He could be as distant as he wanted, now that he had asked for her to stay…he could never talk to her again and she would still be happy.

Inuyasha hand appeared beside her own, gently moving to cover her hand with his. He leaned down and rested his head on her shoulder…simply listening to her heart beating. Then, as the wind stole down the ancient tree's branches, he kissed her so softly and swiftly she thought she had imagined it.

Startled, she didn't notice that he had her hand again and was pulling her towards Kaede's hut and the village. "Inuyasha?"

He smiled because she couldn't see him…and because he hadn't been this happy in a very long time. Gods, now he was getting all emotional, but who's fault was that? Feh! It's probably me…"Come on," He said gruffly, voice heavy with shyness and emotion, "Let's go home, Kagome."

Kagome smiled and touched her lips, "Yes, let's go home…"

The END! OWARI DA! SEE THERE WAS ROMANCE! Please lemme know what you think. Thank you, hope you liked it…it was hard to write it… Love you people! Darth Mer-Mer