InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Feni's Snippets ❯ Eye-Opener ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Sesshomaru; Rumiko Takahashi does. I always give him back after messing with his head.
 
A/N: Something silly that popped into my head and ran around giggling for LiveJournal's `MF-Sanctuary' community and its week 30 prompt, `Games'.
 
First posted on LJ, August 27, 2008.
 
Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ
 
Eye-Opener
 
Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ
 
Sesshomaru gracefully settled himself against the gnarled tree trunk, well within earshot of his charges, but out of sight. They didn't need to know he was there, and it suited him to remain unseen. He and Inuyasha had reached an unspoken accord that their humans were never left unprotected; the hanyou had taken the kitsune hunting this afternoon, so it fell to Sesshomaru to play guardian while Rin and Kagome gathered herbs in the forest.
 
“Do we have enough, Kagome-sama?”
 
“Almost, Rin-chan, but I think it's time for a snack.”
 
“Oh, yes, please!”
 
Closing his eyes, the taiyoukai kept one ear tuned to his ward's bright chatter and the miko's lilting response. Very shortly, he heard Rin yawn; in his mind's eye, he clearly saw the way her small face scrunched up and her tongue curled like a drowsy kitten.
 
“Rin is sleepy, Kagome-sama.”
 
“Are you? I thought you might like to play cards.” A rustle of heavy linen, and he conjured up an image of the small, thick paper rectangles being withdrawn from the miko's robes.
 
Rin's voice instantly perked up. “Can we play that `fishing' game again?”
 
He contentedly listened to their merry laughter, until a note of uncertainty entered the miko's tone. “Rin-chan, whatever are you doing? Why are you undressing?”
 
“Last night, when you and Inuyasha-sama were playing cards, he had to take off his clothes when he lost!”
 
Yellow eyes snapped wide open.
 
Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ Ψ