InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Feudal Adventures ❯ Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Moe ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Read, Review, and as always ENJOY!! XD
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Disclaimer: Me no own Inuyasha… Rumiko Takahashi does!
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Feudal Adventures--
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
#Sesshomaru's thoughts#
(Sesshomaru's beast's thoughts)
--Kagome's thoughts--
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Last time-
 
She looked up at Sesshomaru with steely determined eyes. “Are you still sure you want to go after Naraku yourself?”
 
Sesshomaru looked down at her and almost sighed. Almost. He gave a small nod. “It is decided. This Sesshomaru will hold an alliance with your group. But we shall discuss the deal once camp is set.”
 
As much as Kagome wanted to smile in triumph, she couldn't Instead she returned to calming Rin down, hoping that the effects of staying in Naraku's hold wouldn't be permanent.
 
She did give a small smile however when she saw Shippo approach and place a small hand on Rin's back, trying to comfort her as well.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Moe--
Kagome slouched from her perch around the campfire once everything was set for the night. Tension was at it's highest. Inuyasha was currently sulking in the farthest tree possible while still being in the clearing they set camp in, coincidentally the farthest from Sesshomaru.
 
All the while he shot a vary of look ranging from dirty, suspicious, to outright murderous.
 
And if looks could kill...
 
Sesshomaru on the other hand merely ignored his half-brother. Stoic and indifferent as always, he waited diligently as the 'human' finished with their nightly preparations so they could finally discuss their 'truce' officially.
 
Miroku and Sango sat huddled not too far away from Kagome, Sango taking wary glances between the two brothers, aware of the possibility that a messy brawl might occur at any moment. Miroku whispered comforting words that 'Worry not dear lady, they will not attack.' and 'Trust Kagome-chan, she knows what she is doing.'
 
Well...at least someone believed that.
 
Rin was fast asleep, so shaken with the night's event that it exhausted her to no end. The sweet little girl was curled up against the two headed dragon that exuded an air of adoration and protection for the small child.
 
Shippo was too wired to even think about sleep. His fear for Kagome because of Sesshomaru had him too wired up. How anyone could sleep in the presence of a deadly as shit demon like Sesshomaru, he would never know. He was still worried one of them would get their head chopped off for even breathing wrong.
 
Such is a young boy's over-exaggerated imagination...
 
Kagome pinched the bridge of her nose, her eyes switching glares between Inuyasha and Sesshomaru, not bothered in the slightest that they were glaring just as harshly back at her.
 
She was tired for Kami's sake. And unless she could actually get them to agree to not kill the other when they were sleeping, the possibility for any type a rest were slim to none.
 
Of course, Sesshomaru just had to say he didn't need sleep, so it was impossible for Inuyasha to 'do such a feat', even if by some 'impressive miracle' he would even be able to get within five feet of his person.
 
And of course Inuyasha had a great rebuttal of ear piercing rambunctious yelling of the same thing, just in a lot more words.
 
"How about no killing the other period huh? Is that so much to ask? Peace within the ranks? This is a truce we agreed to form, isn't it Sesshomaru?"
 
Jakan had to rear up and screech on how 'rude' she was addressing him so informally.
 
So exasperated and frustrated by this point, Kagome promptly told the toad to "Suck. It."
 
And thus came the cricket-silence every loved.
 
Kagome was sure that would have a more normal affect if it wasn't for the fact that all of them had absolutely no idea what she just said.
 
Though by Sesshomaru's murderous look, he was sure it was an insult.
 
One point for Fluffy McGrumpy.
 
Kagome let out a loud sigh. "Look, we have to work together, so no killing each other."
 
Inuyasha prepared yet another one of his immensely popular -and loud- protests. "But Kagome! You know I can't stand that bastard!"
 
Kagome cut him off before he got any further. "I don't care!! I said no killing. If you two wanna go on some rampage and call it 'sparring' of all things, I couldn't care less. I'm not stupid to think you two won't throw some insults and punches. I would only be too lucky and think it was some dream come true. I don't care as long as it doesn't affect our goals and leaves the other incapacitated."
 
The two brothers couldn't help but smirk at that.
 
Kagome noticed too and she groaned. "I just know I'm going to regret this later..."
 
Shippo could only nod sadly at her.
 
"Just keep it down to one fight a day, two max. And please keep it during the day - I don't want to wake up to someone's blood and entrails all over my face in the middle of the night." she almost pleaded. "And not during any meals while we're at it huh? Enough blood gets in my mouth when I'm actually fighting..."
 
Inuyasha grinned evilly at her and Sesshomaru gave her an imperceptible nod. "Your conditions are acceptable."
 
Kagome sweat dropped. "Well, now that that's settled, onto our next order of business." she urged.
 
Sesshomaru straightened. "You are the leader of your group, are you not?" He looked pointedly at Kagome.
 
Inuyasha jumped up. "No, I am."
 
Kagome only shifted uncomfortably. Great, here comes another argument.
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow. "If you are, then why is she making the decisions? Shouldn't you be instead?" His tone was dry, almost mocking.
 
Inuyasha's eyes widened. "Kagome couldn't lead us to lunch if she had to." he scoffed, ignoring Sesshomaru's words.
 
Said girl twitched before standing up stiffly, arms crossed and eyes narrowed. "Gee, thanks Inuyasha. So glad you have such faith in my abilities," she drawled out, voice laced thickly with sarcasm.
 
Inuyasha bared his teeth at her, about to speak but Miroku cut him off.
 
"Inuyasha, you are the fighter of the group. When it comes to battle, you take charge. But in all other aspects, Kagome-chan is the leader. She's what keeps us together." Miroku said placating.
 
Sesshomaru cut in here. "My inquiry is who will be the leader now. Myself, of the girl? There cannot be two leaders." he demanded.
 
Kagome bit her lip, uncomfortable how everyone's eyes turn to her. "Well, what do you guys suggest? I mean, in all honesty, Sesshomaru is the more experienced one. I just do what I think is right, with your opinions taken under consideration, and go from there."
 
Sesshomaru studied Kagome, the beginnings of a smirk crossing his face. What she doesn't realize is that, that is what makes a leader...
 
He would like to see what she does with leadership. "I will follow." he paused slightly. "For now." he added.
 
Kagome looked at him in shock. "A-are you sure?"
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow. "You are the one who came to me. You are the one gathering allies, to form an army. I am merely part of said army. But do not mistake me for some silent subordinate however." he reprimanded sharply.
 
Kagome managed to smirk at that, the irony in the statement not lost on her. It wasn't as if he even spoke much in the first place. "Of course not."
 
Sesshomaru studied her, unsure whether to take that as sincerity or sarcasm. Unwilling to bother himself with that for long, he went on. "Speaking of an army; what allies do you have in mind?" he inquired, his amber eyes the only sign that gave way to his curiosity.
 
Kagome tilted her head in thought. "Well, we made a good deal of allies during our journey. I know for sure Kouga will be willing to help us, so there's him and the rest of his tribe."
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow. "You've made friends with the prince of the northern wolves?" he questioned skeptically.
 
Inuyasha snorted. "If you could call them friends." he scoffed.
 
Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed, a silent demand to explain.
 
Inuyasha rolled his eyes. "The flea bag is practically in love with her!" he sneered, and Kagome flushed.
 
"He is not!" she snapped. "He's just..." she trailed off, her face giving in sheepishly. "Very open in his affections...we're just friends..." she ended lamely.
 
Shippo snickered, "Yeah, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be happy for more!" the little kitsune exclaimed jauntily.
 
Sesshomaru only raised an eyebrow in response.
 
Kagome tried changing the subject. "Anyways, with him we might be able to get help from Ayame's tribe as well." She went on to list the allies they've made over the years; Jinenji, Enju, Shiori - though she was young, she was still powerful and would help wonders even away from the frontlines -, and the list went on.
 
When she finished, Sesshomaru contemplated before speaking once more. "Is that all the allies you have?" he asked in a completely condescending and slightly disappointed tone.
 
It made Kagome twitched, and she mentally counted back from ten to calm down. "Well, I'm open to any suggestions if you have any. You're a Lord, isn't there any allies you think will help us?" she gritted out with an overly excessive amount of sweetness.
 
Sesshomaru however merely nodded, though there was a frown on his face. "Yes, I do believe the Eastern Lord will provide a trustworthy and suitable alliance," he said slowly.
 
It wasn't lost on Kagome. "Yet you sound strangely unsure about that..." she mentioned warily.
 
His golden eyes slid languidly to glanced at her. "The eastern lands has always been an ally to the West. The Lord himself however is a peculiar character. I am concerned whether his involvement will be more trouble than it is worth."
 
Kagome stiffened. "Peculiar how exactly? Like, he hates humans and wouldn't dare to lower himself to working with us?" she wondered, confused. "I mean, I'm sure we can work it out though, we do need every ally we can get."
 
Sesshomaru snorted. If only... "No, quite the opposite. His nature is more flamboyant than is usual for a demon of his stature."
 
Kagome almost laughed. 'So he's more open and quirky rather than closed and stoic.' "You make that sound like a bad thing..." she said wryly.
 
Sensing her amusement, he shot a smirk of his own in her direction. "He is also much like the monk. Preferably to human girls such as yourself." he retorted lazily.
 
Both Kagome and Sango paled. "Ah crap..." the miko muttered under her breath.
 
Miroku for one began laughing his head off.
 
Sesshomaru's lips twitched, "Now you see what I mean."
 
Kagome nodded. "Indeed," she conceded reluctantly.
 
Sango shot Kagome a worried look. "Are you...sure...?" she asked cautiously. "I mean, another Miroku? We can barely handle one..." The woman, despite the aura of pride and confidence, actually started to pout.
 
Kagome sighed before eyeing Sesshomaru. "He won't...do anything while we're asleep or anything, right?"
 
Sesshomaru looked at her sharply. "Despite his more...unusual personality, he is a lord. He has more honor than to take advantage of a woman."
 
Kagome hands went up in a surrendering gesture. "Just making sure..." she placated, relaxing when he gave her a curt nod.
 
Inuyasha spoke up. "Speaking of Lords..." he trailed off, a wicked grin on his face. "What about-"
 
Kagome cut him off quickly enough. "Nuh uh. No. Don't even go there!"
 
Inuyasha began snickering while the rest of them looked on in confusion, even Sesshomaru. "What's wrong Kagome? I thought you said we needed every ally." he countered tauntingly.
 
Kagome glared at him witheringly. "No! Absolutely not! Not after what happened last time!" she snapped, shaking her head furiously.
 
Sesshomaru blinked slowly. "What are you two going on about?" he demanded.
 
Inuyasha open his mouth to reply, only too happy to answer his question.
 
Kagome's glare became even harsher. "Don't you dare!"
 
He answered regardless. "It's the Southern Lord. He...favors Kagome in particular." he snickered out.
 
Kagome twitched. "Favors..." Kagome muttered. "That's now how I recall it...he's worst than you and Kouga combined. Like a lovesick puppy with territorial issues."
 
Remembering the rather presumptuous lord, Miroku, Sango, and Shippo began laughing.
 
Sesshomaru was obviously left out of the loop. "The Kitsune Lord?" he questioned, a tad confused. The lord, while known to be open to both females and males was in his nature, usually stayed within demonic bonds. A human female, and a miko at that, was unusual, even for him.
 
Miroku saw fit to explain. "A lead to the Shikon no Tama had us traveling south. Kagome ended up helping Lord Yoichi in a personal matter, and he has been infatuated ever since." he said with amusement.
 
Kagome scoffed. "Infatuated? He's damn near obsessed, or do you not remember how we had to sneak out of his estate when we wanted to leave after he claimed to court me?! Without even asking me?!" she said bordering on shrill.
 
She turned to Inuyasha. "I hate you." she grounded out and Inuyasha only laughed.
 
However, Sesshomaru was still stuck on how Lord Yoichi could ever favor a human miko. "A personal matter?" he inquired.
 
Seeing how Kagome was way too busy yelling at Inuyasha, he explained. "Naraku tried to bully Lord Yoichi into working with him by planting a tainted jewel shard in his sister and saying only he could heal her. So Kagome saved her and purified the shard."
 
Sesshomaru blinked. "Just like that?" he wondered skeptically.
 
But Shippo just nodded. "Yep." He paused. "Well, there was a battle and all of course, but that's pretty much what happened. Lord Yoichi tried to give her something in return but Kagome just refused, saying she was just glad to help. Then he kinda went off the deep end and tried wooing her and get her to stay with him." his face twisted at the mention of it.
 
Sesshomaru snorted and turned to watch the miko and half-demon bicker. "How interesting..." he murmured dryly.
 
Kagome snorted. "That's not the least of it..." she muttered. "Are all demon lords perverted?"
 
Sesshomaru sent her a dry stare.
 
The miko laughed nervously. "Okay...maybe not..." she amended quickly enough.
 
Inuyasha snickered and Kagome's glare returned, fed up with it. "Sit boy..." she muttered under her breath.
 
'Bam'
 
A groan. "Ka-go-me!!"
 
Now Kagome snickered. Sobering up, she turned to Sesshomaru. "Who should we go to first?"
 
Sesshomaru cocked an eyebrow. "You are the leader, it is your decision. So lead." he replied smartly.
 
Kagome almost twitched. Instead, she gave him an overly sweet, pleasant smile. "What would you suggest then?" she asked in a strained voice.
 
Sesshomaru's lips twitched slightly, but his face returned to its usual impassiveness once he got back to business. His head tilted in though as he pondered. "It would be best to speak with the lords first, so that they will have time to gather their armies, he murmured.
 
Kagome nodded, agreeing with him. "So who first? Kouga, Lord Shou, or..." Kagome shuddered suddenly, "Lord...Yoichi?" The last name came hesitantly.
 
Sesshomaru snorted at her reaction, resisting the urge t roll his eyes - that would not be fitting of a demon of his station, of course...
 
And he wasn't about to start an argument with the Miko if he could help it, his patience was already running thin with his brother's presence... "We are closer to the East. We shall travel to Lord Shou, convey with him and see if we can convince the Lord to aid us."
 
Kagome let out a large relieved sigh.
 
But Sesshomaru wasn't done just yet. "While we travel, I will send word to Lord Yoichi that we shall arrive at his estate after we speak with Lord Shou. We are not as familiar, so an unannounced visit would be unwise."
 
Kagome paled and Inuyasha, who was still in his little hole, started laughing once more.
 
--o--o--o--o--
 
"Inuyasha, you have to let me go! If we're going to visit Lord Shou and then Lord Yoichi, who knows how long till I have the opportunity to go home! I haven't seen my family in almost two months!" Kagome shouted as loud as she could in a whisper.
 
It was nighttime and most of the group was asleep in camp and Kagome had to talk to Inuyasha.
 
On the pretense of taking a bath in the stream nearby for Kagome, and patrolling for Inuyasha once after the miko managed to subtly gesture for the hanyou to follow, they left the camp under the watchful eye of Sesshomaru.
 
Inuyasha shook his head firmly, his gaze flickering to where he knew Sesshomaru resided. "Dammit Kagome, with the prick here, you can't. How would you explain disappearing for a week? He'll ask questions, and then he might find out about the well." He -surprisingly - reasoned.
 
Kagome frowned, running a hand through her hair. "I don't think he'll go into the village, do you? I mean, doesn't he usually stay away from large masses of humans?"
 
Inuyasha shrugged, throwing her an incredulous look. "How the fuck would I know?"
 
Kagome groaned. "I have to go home though..." she murmured pathetically, her face sad. "The last time I came home after so long, my mom broke out in tears, thinking I died or something..." she trailed off, hands clenching as the memory resurfaced.
 
Hell, it brought tears to her own eyes just thinking about her mother's expression...not to mention Souta's and Ji-chan's.
 
The smell of salt in the air had Inuyasha's resolve breaking and fast. "Oh fuck it. We'll go...we just have to find a way to keep the bastard away..."
 
Kagome's eyes widened happily and she threw herself at her best friend. "Oh thank you Inuyasha! You're the best!" she cheered quietly into his ears.
 
Inuyasha blushed but scoffed nonetheless, trying to play it off. "Feh, don't thank me yet...wait until we actually get away with it." He told her, but hugged her all the same.
 
Kagome gulped and squeezed tighter, more out of fear and worry then gratitude.
 
Leave it to Inuyasha to ruin the moment...
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;
 
Words- 2,891
 
So I completely suck at updating. Yes, it's obviously true. I haven't updated this poor fic in like over a year...I feel horrible, honestly, I do.
 
But at least it's clear I'm not going to abandon it!! ^^
 
Anyways, if you're wondering, I specifically left Kagome's list of possible allies vague for a reason. If you wanna think that's just my way of being mysterious, that works for me...
 
If you want a more honest answer, it would be because I can't remember all of her allies, and I probably don't know a lot of them seeing as I only watched the anime and read none of the manga, and even then, I haven't even watched all of the anime, and I'm not talking about the extra addition of episodes that came out more recently.
 
Obviously, I'm over due for research.... ^^;;;
 
I'm not gonna promise another update anytime soon, but I'll try, School just started back up and it's my senior year - cue in sarcastic 'yay' here -. So updates for any of my stories will be scarce. But like I said, I'll try my best...
 
Till next time,
 
RainLily^^
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
--Reviews—
 
A big thanks to all those that alerted, fav'd and reviewed this story. You're the best!!! XDD
 
Volleygirl07- Awhh Thanks!! I decided I wanted to give a more in depth look into Sesshy's relationship with Rin, OOC or not ^^