InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ ForgetMeNot ❯ Gomen ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Forget-Me-Not

By: Youkai Yume

Yay! People actually read my fic! It's a miracle! A lot of you wanted me to write a lemon, it'll come! But not until later. I just find it a bit weird to have Sesshomaru suddenly fall in love with her. Oh! There will be slight indications of Inu/Kag, but that's mostly because she DID love him first. But mostly Sess/Kag. Anyways, here's the next chapter. Enjoy! ^_^

Disclaimer: Why am I telling you? You should know that no one here owns Inuyasha. But if you really need to hear me say it fine, I DON'T OWN INUYASHA!

Chapter 2: Gomen

Inuyasha resisted the urge to pull out Tetsusaiga and tear his brother to pieces. `I bet Sesshomaru wouldn't doubt killing us for an instant! I should rip him apart for all the things he did!' Without his knowing it, his hand had grasped Tetsusaiga's hilt, as if following his thoughts. He gently eased his hand down. `No. I promised Kagome.'

That was true, he had promised her that he wouldn't do anything rash while Sesshomaru was there. Although, he couldn't guarantee the same could be said for his brother.

He glanced down from his tree at Kagome, who was making some ramen. His stomache ached terribly. Hey, hanyous have to eat too! He was about to tell Kagome to speed it up, but stopped when he saw her return to Sesshomaru's side. Inuyasha could feel a tiny prick of jealousy beginning to rise from his chest.

~ ^_^ ~

Sesshomaru observed the group with interest. The demon exterminator and monk were deep in converstation, until he made a sudden move to grope her, and the sound of a boomerang hitting human skull echoed into the night.

Inuyasha was sitting in a tree. He knew that he was brooding at the moment, and relished at the thought. Despite that he himself didn't like being in Inuyasha's presence either.

In the corner, he eyed the little kitsune playing with a small fire-cat youkai. He gave Sesshomaru nervous looks now and then, but most of the time tried to occupy himself with something else. From his observation, he concluded that the kitsune considered Kagome to be his surrogate mother.

Kagome. She seemed to hold most of his interest. He focused his gaze upon her as she prepared dinner for her friends. He still couldn't figure out for the life of him why she had decided to save him.

There were many things that he found himself curious about her, such as her origin. No one wore the type of kimono that she wore. He must admit that it was inappropriate, the fabric barely covering herself. Not that he was complaining, as it gave him a fairly good view of her finely shaped legs.

Sesshomaru was snapped out of his slightly wandering thoughts when he heard footsteps drawing near. Kagome crouched near him, and placed a bowl of what seemed to be noodles beside him.

"I don't know if you eat human food, but please, have some ramen," she offered. He eyed the bowl cautiously, sniffing it to check if there was any poison. There wasn't any. Despite this, he was about to tell her that he didn't consume human food, but stopped upon seeing her hopeful face.

He sighed. `Rin must be making me soft.' With that final thought, Sesshomaru took the chopstick clamped noodles to his lips and began to chew. It seemed that Kagome was holding her breath the entire time, as if waiting for his approval.

Sesshomaru, meanwhile, was mildly surprised. These were good! `Ramen, was it called?' He nodded at her before taking another chopstickful into his mouth.

`Phew! I half expected him to throw the bowl at me!' Kagome sighed in relief, and settled down with her own ramen bowl next to him.

Needless to say, he was shocked that she didn't find dining next to a taiyoukai to be intimidating. With her being so near, he could smell her scent a lot stronger than before. `No, I was wrong. She DOES smell nice.' Sesshomaru found himself engrossed in her scent, she smelled better than the ramen!

But something else was bothering him.

"Why are you so trusting, you know that even though I'm injured, I can still kill you all and run off with the Tetsusaiga."

Kagome smiled warmly at him, and sipped a bit of her soup.

"Because if you wanted to, you already would have!" Sesshomaru thought over her answer. She was a clever one. And surprisingly enough, he wasn't the least bit interested in the Tetsusaiga at the moment.

~ ^_^ ~

After finishing their meal, Sesshomaru laid back into the futon, which Kagome called a sleeping bag. But before his head hit the pillow, Kagome stopped him. He grunted in annoyance.

"What do you want?" he snapped.

"I have to change your bandages, you don't want to get an infection, do you?" Sesshomaru sighed irritably before sitting up for the miko to do the said task. He let the top part of his kimono fall off, exposing his bare chest to her. He inwardly smirked when he heard her gasp slightly.

`God! He's firmly built! I wonder if you could bounce a quarter off of it…' Kagome mentally shook herself. `Bad Kagome, Bad! Stay on task!'

She moved to undo his bloodstained bandages, and was rather pleased when she found him to be healing quite nicely. `Well, duh, he's a youkai!' Kagome picked up a bottle of rubbing alcohol to clean out the wound, and paused a moment to stare into Sesshomaru's eyes. He noticed her hesitation

"What seems to be the problem?" She shifted from her spot slightly.

"This will sting a little," Sesshomaru scoffed. Did she really think that he, Sesshomaru, couldn't stand a little pain?

"Do not waste your concern, continue." Kagome just shrugged, and dabbed the alcohol drenched cotton ball onto his wound. Sesshomaru hissed. `She wasn't kidding!'

"Gomen," she apologized before setting the bottle down. He continued to stare at her. `She's sorry?' She was even more intriguing than he originally thought. Kagome had her bangs covering her face as she began on rewrapping the wound.

`Her hair looks so soft, I wonder it's as silky as it looks…' He blinked when he saw that his hand had inched closer to her midnight tresses to test that hypothesis. Just as quickly, he settled his hand by his side.

Kagome frowned at his sudden discomfort. Did she hurt him? She continued to bandage him, being extra careful not to inflict any pain. She blushed when her fingers brushed against his skin, but tried to ignore the burning sensation.

Sesshomaru however, could not. He fought a rising groan when he felt her feather-like touch, and for some reason, wanted more of the skin contact. `She's so warm,' he thought, and closed his eyes, relishing the tingling sensation that came with each brush of her delicate fingers.

He was almost disappointed when she had finished. Immediately missing her touch, his eyes snapped open, and he stared almost dazed in a dazed state into her face. She wasn't looking at him however, and he followed her gaze over to his left arm. Or rather, the stub that signified where his left arm used to be.

Sesshomaru mentally cursed Inuyasha. `She must be appalled.' He looked quickly up to her, and was shocked to find that what he saw in her eyes wasn't disgust, but rather, sympathy. He was even further surprised when she brought her hand up to tenderly caress the stub.

"Gomen for this too." Kagome's blue-gray eyes met his golden ones for a brief moment before she removed her comforting hand to pull up the kimono.

~ ^_^ ~

Inuyasha's little prick of jealousy grew to be a full-fledged thorn. Kagome was caressing Sesshomaru's arm. And why was she being so tender with him anyway?! He growled deeply as he caught a glimpse of Sesshomaru. For a moment, it looked like he was content.

`That bastard! He enjoys it too! I'm the only one that Kagome ever touches like that!' (A.N. not like THAT ya perverts!) The thought of slicing Sesshomaru in half resurfaced into his mind again. He stood from his perch, eyes green with envy and hand on Tetsusaiga.

"Good night Inuyasha!" Came Kagome's sweet voice. He was quickly thrown from his thoughts of vengeance. `No, Kagome would hate me…I just can't live with the thought of her hating me."

He sat down again, and laid his head against the tree. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

End Chapter ^_^

There! How was that? I know things are going pretty slow, but don't worry! It gets better! Thanx to all of those that reviewed! It gave a major boost to my already large ego! I'll try to update as fast as I can!

Review Responses:

Mistress Fluffy: Thanx! I try…Gomen if I didn't e-mail you! ^_^;

Watergoddesskasey: Thank You sooo much!

Kay Kay: Thanx a bunch!

Claire07: Well, I wrote it!

KawaiiLil-InuGurl: Thank You! I'll try to update as soon as I can!

Rencarnated Soul: Hold your horses! It'll get there! Lemon will come in later chapters. Don't worry, once I write the first one, I won't be able to stop!

Cinderelly: Thank You soo much! Your opinion is most cherished!

Rei child of the moon: Thank you! That review rocked! I hope my work will meet your expectations!

Laura: Thanx a bunch!

Mala Valvah: <Bows> Thank You, Thank you!

Ash: Thanx! There will be plenty of alone scenes up ahead! Lemon'll come too!

Cassandra: Thanx a bunch!

Black canary: Glad to see you liked it!

Kitsune-chan3: Yay! First fic success! Thanx for the review!

Viciousbeb0p: Thank you! I hope I don't keep you waiting either!

*Special Thanx to Sunstar-1217: Thank you for being my first ever reviewer! I'm high on sugar half of the time too! I hope to meet your expectations!

That's all for now! Ja Ne! ^_~