InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ ForgetMeNot ❯ As Long As You're Near ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Untitled

Forget-Me-Not

By: Youkai Yume

I'm just so glad that I get so much support on this fic! Really, you don't know how much this means to me! That's why every review is important! (Sigh) No more new episodes. It all went by so quickly! I just hope more will come soon, `cuz waiting isn't all that fun. Well, Sesshomaru is now in the future with Kagome. What chaos will ensue, and will Inuyasha have anything to say about it? It might take two chapters to finish his trip in the modern world, but you're not complaining, right? If you are, please spare me the pain! ^_^

Disclaimer: To say I own Inuyasha is like saying Kikyo is NOT a bitch! Yeah, it's kinda like that.

Chapter 12: As Long As You're Near

"WHAT?!" Several birds flew from their perches from the hanyou's outburst. He stared with rage down at the letter that is now tightly clutched in his hands. "How can she just leave without telling us?!"

"Calm down, Inuyasha! Technically, Kagome DID tell us. See? It says so in the letter," Miroku pointed to the crumpled piece of paper Inuyasha held. He only threw a pissed look at the monk.

"You know what I mean!" He spat. He looked angrily down at the letter again. Inuyasha felt very tempted to go and drag her back, but if she left early in the morning, it was clear that she didn't want him following her. But heck, she can't just do this! They had a mission! His thoughts were interrupted when the sound of a crying little girl could be heard.

"Waaah! Where did Sesshomaru-sama go? Did Sesshomaru-sama leave Rin?" She wailed. Next to her, Jaken was covering his ears and complaining himself.

"Sesshomaru-sama, how could you leave your faithful retainer without any word?! And with this blasted human child!" Jaken glared at Rin, who was still crying. "Cease that horrible noise!" Surprisingly, Rin did just that and now sniffled slightly.

"Rin misses Sesshomaru-sama," she muttered. Shippo came over and patted Rin on the back.

"Don't worry, Rin! Wherever Sesshomaru-sama went, he'll come back to you!" He comforted. Rin only sniffled and nodded, smiling slightly at the little kitsune.

Meanwhile, Inuyasha was watching the little girl with slight confusion. `If Sesshomaru isn't here, then where is he? I know he's a bastard, but even he wouldn't abandon this little brat.' He sniffed the air for the slightest bit of Sesshomaru's scent.

It was faint, but he could still smell him. Crouching down on all fours, he began sniffing the ground, following his brother's scent, which lead into the forest.

"Inuyasha, what are you doing?" Sango asked the hanyou that was now sniffing frantically on the ground. Everyone was watching him with keen interest as well, Rin giggled and squealed,

"Inuyasha-chan looks just like a cute little doggy-woggy!" He growled slightly when he heard this.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm tracking down Sesshomaru!" He answered in an annoyed voice. Both Rin and Jaken perked up at the mention of the demon lord.

"Sesshomaru-sama? Where?" Jaken was becoming impatient, and was about to tell Inuyasha to hurry it up. But he stopped when a feral grow was emitted from his throat.

"If I knew that, I wouldn't be TRACKING HIM DOWN, now would I?" After that, everyone followed him in silence as he lead them deep into the forest. Pausing once in a while to sniff the air again.

As they trudged on, Inuyasha didn't fail to recognize the familiar path they were following. `But he couldn't have. . .' His fear steadily grew as he caught Kagome's scent as well. It was now that he began sprinting to his destination, leaving the others trailing behind.

"Inuyasha! Where are you going?" Miroku called out to the hanyou, but he simply ignored him and continued running. All the while Inuyasha could only think of one thing-Please don't let him be with HER!

He stopped abruptly in front of the bone-eater's well, where Kagome and Sesshomaru's scents lingered the strongest. Inuyasha cursed under his breath. The others soon caught up with him, panting and out of breath.

"Why'd you bring us here? I thought you were looking for Sesshomaru, not Kagome!" Sango managed to say. Everyone awaited his answer, as his fist began to clench and unclench in anger.

"He followed her." He said darkly. Everyone gasped.

"You mean, Kagome's with Sesshomaru?! In HER time?!"

"Not for long he won't be!" Inuyasha jumped down into the well without a second thought. As his body hurtled down into the dark walls, he expected to plunge into the pool of blue magic. To his surprise, he instead just landed at the bottom of the well. His head snapped up to look up to the opening of the well, expecting to see a roof. Blue skies.

"It can't be!" He jumped out of the well, much to everyone's surprise, and jumped back in again. Nothing. "Damnit all! What's going on?!" He was becoming desperate now. `There's no way I'm gonna leave Kagome all alone with that bastard!' He began digging into the well's dirt.

"Kagome!"

~ ^_^ ~

"There!" Kagome said after pinning a sacred arrow with a spell scroll attached on the well's rim. She stepped back, standing by Sesshomaru's side. He glanced at her.

"Tell me, what purpose does that serve?" She smiled at him, a mischievous gleam in her eyes flickered.

"That's to ensure that Inuyasha doesn't come after me! Kaede taught me how to seal the well for a short period of time not too long ago!" Sesshomaru listened intently.

"Inuyasha is able to pass through the well?"

"Don't remind me! Every time I go home for a little break, he comes and drags me back!" The taiyoukai nodded. It was indeed a good idea to seal the portal for now. If what she said was true, then Inuyasha would've come to retrieve his miko already. Well, not before he was denied the chance of seeing the future. Which reminds him, he had yet to step out of the well house.

"Are you going to show me your world, or continue to marvel at your little spell?" He watched as a light blush of embarrassment stained her cheeks. She was rather pretty when she blushed, he decided. There was no use denying that fact because it was true. Besides, it's not like he'll ever admit that aloud.

"Um, right." Kagome turned to walk up the steps leading to the door of the well house, Sesshomaru right behind her. "Prepare yourself Sessho-kun," with that she pushed open the door, and the bright morning sun of her era poured through.

Sesshomaru shielded his eyes from the sudden brightness, but what he really should've been doing was shielding his nose. His senses were suddenly flooded with so many different smells, sights and sounds, that it was a bit overwhelming, even for the demon lord.

The air here was so much different than that of Feudal Japan! It wasn't fresh and clean, but instead, suffocating with the scent of so many things! Sweet, filthy, musty, there were too many to pinpoint! But that was nothing compared to the scent of humans, Hundreds of humans everywhere! He could sense them from even the farthest regions of the earth. He knew Kagome wasn't lying when she said there were only humans in her time, but he didn't expect so many!

Sesshomaru's hand flew up to cover his nose, and growled in displeasure. Kagome glanced at him with a worried look. `That's right, he's a youkai! His sense of smell is much stronger than hanyous and humans.' She placed a hand on his shoulder and he immediately calmed. His hand eased down a bit from his nose, and he looked at her with expectant golden eyes.

"Gomen, Sessho-kun. I DID warn you. I know you don't like humans very much, especially the way we smell." She apologized, bowing her head slightly. But her eyes were soon brought back up to meet his own as he lifted her chin up.

"I don't like the way THEY smell," he corrected her gently. He became basked in her warmth when he saw her smile at this, realizing what he meant.

"Arigato, Sessho-kun. But if you don't like it here, I can always bring you back," she offered. Secretly, she was glad that he shook his head and refused.

"I said I wanted to see your world, and I intend to do so. Besides, I can learn to tolerate it, as long as you're near. Your scent is the only one around here that is pleasant." He looked quickly at her when he realized that he had just let that slip. Another blush crept upon her cheeks.

"For a human," he added at the last second. Sesshomaru suddenly felt a bit of guilt prick at his chest when he saw her face fault, and her lips form in a silent, disappointed "Oh." But he couldn't take it back. Afterall, he let didn't want her getting an idea that he enjoyed being around her. Or, did he? He didn't know anymore, all he knew was that he wanted her to forget about it. The truth is, he thought her scent WAS wonderful, and surpasses any demoness he ever met.

Luckily for him, Kagome wasn't one to hold anything in for too long, and she shook the feeling of disappointment off rather quickly, and gave him a warm smile. He was surprised at her quick recovery, but was relieved nonetheless.

"Whatever, let's go," She wove her arm around his own, and lead him into the house. All the while, Sesshomaru kept his eyes glued to their linked arms. It kind of felt, right. But he shook it off, it was just Kagome, nothing special. Besides, they were friends now, more or less, so it shouldn't feel too strange. Still, the warm feeling lingered in the back of his mind.

~ ^_^ ~

"Demon, Be Gone!" Kagome's grandfather wasted no time in busting out one of his demon warding sutras and plastering it on Sesshomaru's forehead as soon as he came in the room. "Kagome, get back! I'll protect you from it's evil clutches!" Kagome could only sweatdrop, but soon panicked when she heard a feral growl emit from Sesshomaru's throat. Just when her grandfather was about to stick 20 more sutras, Kagome ran to stop him.

"No! Grandpa! It's okay! He's not evil! Put the sutra down!" Kagome held onto his arm until the old man eased his hand still tightly grasping the sutra.

"He isn't?" Grandpa asked quizzically.

"Indeed," Sesshomaru answered, rather annoyed as he peeled off the piece of paper that still stuck to his forehead. He eyed the old man curiously. Why was he wearing miko's clothing? People sure had a strange way of dressing in this era! Just then, a woman with short hair came into the room, along with a little boy who looks to be a little older than Rin.

"What's all the racket, Grandpa? Oh! Kagome, you're home! And you brought company. . ." She trailed off when she spotted Sesshomaru, utterly amazed by him. Without thinking, she quickly approached the demon lord, who looked at her indifferently. Before he knew it, she was petting and tugging at his tail with extreme interest.

"It's so soft! Is this real fur? What is it?"

"Ooooh I wanna touch it next, Mom!" Sota piped excitedly. Kagome was suddenly overcome with a sense of déjà vu. Wasn't this exactly how things went when Inuyasha first came?

Sesshomaru was rather surprised at their forwardness. Did they not know who they were dealing with? He was getting rather annoyed by all of them, and was about to stop their pestering, when he caught Kagome's pleading eyes. It had a look that said, "Remember your promise, Sesshomaru!" He merely sighed and swatted their hands away.

"THAT, is my tail," He bit out in his cold voice. Kagome's mother and Sota took that as their cue to stop, and backed away a couple of steps. Kagome sighed in relief, and straightened herself up again. Sesshomaru was staring at her with amused eyes.

"Tell me, do you always greet guests in such a manner?" Kagome giggled at this. He watched her cheeks flush pink in her laughter.

"Only the cute ones!" She joked back, earning a raised eyebrow from the demon lord. She smiled once more before turning back to her family.

"Mom, Grandpa, Sota, This is my friend, Sesshomaru-sama. He's the Taiyoukai of the West in the Feudal Era," She announced. Sesshomaru couldn't help but feel pleased when she didn't hesitate to refer to him as a friend. She looked warmly at him with her sapphire orbs.

"Sessho-kun, this is my family," she introduced politely. He nodded, and semi-bowed at them, as they did the same. He soon felt a little tug on the side of his kimono, and looked down to see the little boy name Sota at his sleeve.

"Y'know, you look kinda like Inuyasha! Except cooler!" He said in an awed voice. Sesshomaru didn't quite understand what "cool" meant. Was he trying to say that Inuyasha wasn't as cold as he was? Whatever he meant, Sesshomaru didn't like being compared to his half-wit brother, and glared down at Sota. Kagome saw this, and quickly stepped in.

"Don't worry, Sesshomaru, he's complimenting you! Cool is good!" She laughed nervously and turned to Sota. "And the reason that he looks like Inuyasha so much is because Sesshomaru is his half-brother, but they don't get along very much." Sota nodded in understanding.

"Yeah, brothers and sisters can be annoying sometimes! I totally feel you, man!" Now, Kagome was the one to glare at him. She gave an edgy "Hmph!" and looked away, pouting. Sesshomaru felt himself easing a bit. This Sota wasn't so bad, and certainly wise beyond his years.

However, the old man and boy were quickly shooed out of the room by none other than Kagome's mother.

"Come on, let's leave Kagome to show her friend around. I suspect he'll be staying with us for today, dear?" Kagome nodded thankfully at her mother. She always knew what to do! As they left the room, Kagome turned her attention back to the taiyoukai, who was no longer standing by her side, but instead exploring the house.

She watched as he sniffed certain objects, examining each and every single thing with keen interest. She smiled, he was like a kid in a candy store!

"What strange furniture. . ."he mused, coming to the couch. "Is this a chair?" he asked.

"Hai, it's called a couch, and it's for several people to sit on," she explained. "Try it!" Now, usually he wouldn't take orders from a human, but he must admit that he wanted to try it. He did so, and was surprised that it was very comfortable! He relaxed into it, looking around the room as he did. Kagome soon sat down next to him.

"Like it?" She asked with a half smile.

"It is. . .different, similar to sitting on a giant pillow," he examined. He spotted a little black square piece lying on the table in front of him, with colorful circles with numbers labeled on it. He pushed on one of the buttons, and nearly fell off the couch when images flashed in a giant box not far from where he sat. The images of people flickered across the screen, and Sesshomaru stared at it in amazement. `What kind of sorcery is this?'

"Explain!" He pointed at the box and looked aggressively at Kagome, demanding an answer. She only laughed.

"That thing that you touched was called a remote control. You use it to turn on the television, which is that thing!" He listened with interest at her explanation and slowly stood up to examine the box closer.

"Te-le-vis-ion," he tested the word on his lips. "Is it some kind of enchanted box that traps people's souls?" He asked indifferently, sniffing it a little.

"No, it's used for entertainment!" Kagome went on explaining the t.v., along with the other items that he came across on the tour of the house. She was rather surprised to find out how curious the demon lord really was, and despite his never-ending questions, she answered them all patiently and calmly.

"And this is my room," Kagome announced as they reached her door. Sesshomaru nodded for her to continue, and she opened the door revealing her bedchambers. As soon as he stepped in, his senses were overwhelmed with her scent. It was so strong in this room, her scent was everywhere! He inhaled it deeply. `Much better,' he mused. After experiencing all the different smells in this house alone, he was glad that Kagome's scent was still here to calm his nerves.

Sesshomaru was becoming a little lightheaded from breathing in her scent as if he was drunk on it. Almost as if in a dazed state, he was brought out of his stupor when Kagome tapped on his shoulder.

"Ano, Sessho-kun?" She looked at him with curious blue orbs. He shook off the feeling. His eyes scanned the room. She was relatively clean for a human. In fact, her whole house was neat and clean. Perhaps humans in this time and age were more hygienic. He spotted the bed.

"Interesting," he said more to himself than to Kagome. He went closer to examine it. "Why is your futon so far off the ground? What purpose does it serve?" Kagome mulled over the question.

"Hn, I never really thought about it that much. Everyone sleeps on beds like these nowadays," She watched as he sat on it like he had with the couch. Again he found it to be blissfully comfortable.

Deciding he had enough of it, he walked over to her window, where he saw many similar houses and other structures down below. And humans, he saw so many of them walking on the winding paths. He was so caught up in observing them that he failed to notice Kagome standing by him until she opened the window.

"That's the city," she said gently to him.

"City?" he asked, she looked at him serenely.

"Hai. It's. . .kinda like my village, except MUCH bigger. Here, we call it Tokyo." He continued to gaze out at the large metropolis. So many new things, how can so much change over time? He was intrigued by it, and he didn't even bother to hide his curiosity.

"You want to see it?" Kagome's voice brought him back. He looked at her with his golden depths quizzically. Her ebony tresses swayed in the wind that gently blew in through the window. Was she offering to show him more?

"If you want, I can show you," She held out her hand at him, and he stared at her indifferently. Slowly, he reached out with his own hand and, and placed it over her inviting one.

"Yes, I wish to see more. . .But you must be with me at all times, so I can block out the other humans' foul stench." Kagome laughed at hearing this.

"Of course! I can't have a loose Taiyoukai running around Tokyo, now can I?"

End Chapter ^_^

I meant to make his trip to Tokyo only one chapter long, but it seems it will take longer, ne? OOCness is sure to follow, as Sesshy is now beginning to realize his feelings for Kagome! So sorry if you're against that, but hey, sacrifices have to be made! Stay tuned! In the next chapter, madness galore as Sesshy runs into Kagome's friends and her high school admirer. I wonder who it could be. . .#cough# Hojo #cough#. As always, send suggestions if you have any. If they're really good, you might see it as a new chapter! Lol. I sound like some kind of salesman.

Review Responses:

~Fanfiction.net:

AalyaNesia: Thanks! I really appreciate the review!

Pupb6: Yeah, I loved Fooly Cooly too. Too bad it was only 6 episodes long.

Kiwi93089: That's alright, I actually enjoy long reviews, it gives me time to look into the minds of readers and read their insane thoughts. Like yours for instance! LOL. It's great to hear you're addicted. That's my goal, to make everyone who comes across this story hooked for life! Oh yeah, you're right, fluffy truly is an important word. It describes, oh so many things! ^_^

Forest dwellings: Thanks, I'll be sure to do so by next week.

Familia Ficz: Yes, it's true, some of my chapters are solely based on suggestions. But that's what makes the story great. Writing what you, the readers, want to read! Besides, it's not always so easy to get inspiration. I thought about doing your suggestion many times before, and Kagome will see Inuyasha choose Kikyo over her, but not in the "walking into a tender moment" way. You'll see. ^_^

Gennie Kag's and Sess's Child: Your review was kewl too.

Bloodbunny: I'm trying! Please no pressure! I'm coming as quick as possible!

Namesake: You could say that-lol. Their dreams will manifest themselves in many ways, please get your mind out of the gutter! You'll ruin the story. Lol.

Hikari no Sekai: I just had to have him come to Kagome's world! Oh the possibilities!

Aki no Yume1: Well, I hope that this chapter answers all of your questions! Part two of Sesshy's modern adventures are coming soon!

Daisyladyofthewestgate: Oh yeah! I remember you! In fact, I remember all of my reviewers! You were right in thinking that I'd keep going if you reviewed. Like I said before, every review counts!

Psycho Sakura: Breath! Calm Down! I do believe I've said this before but now I'm saying it again, you're just gonna have to keep reading! ^_^

DemonLady1: Of course!

Red Dagon9: (sigh) You know, Sesshy, if you really hate my story all that much maybe I SHOULD stop, and you'll never get Kagome, and instead RD will give you away to Kagura. But hey, that's your choice. What's wrong with only knowing how to write cool chappie and update soon? Those are the basic vocabulary words, man!

Mystical Miyuki: Phew! Great! `cuz I would hate to lose you as a reviewer! ^_^

Alala: Good to hear, now just review!

Dark Topaz: You might have to wait, so sorry!

Sanosuke Hidane: I love you too! But not in that way, lol. Thank you for approving of Sesshy's reaction to the news, because honestly, I don't think Sesshy would overreact like most people, but stays calm and collected. You know, I feel guilty for not updating Blessed Curse earlier, but fear not! I'll get to it soon! It's just that I am currently on a roll with this story. ^_^

Sour Schuler: Yes, I understand how you feel about odd couples. I myself had a hard time getting into the whole Sess/Kag thing. But now that I have, I'm hooked for life! At least it was good to know that you had an open mind about it and read at least one chapter.

Paige: I'm sure I will.

The hitokiri battousai: Nope, no kissing scenes for them in a while. But there will be sexual tension and almost kisses! So, live on those for a while before things really heat up!

Blue-Saiyan-Angel: Thanks! I'll be sure to put it to good use!

Mistress Fluffy: I like the way I ended it too! I'm glad that you like as well, I really feel honored whenever I read a review from you. Your opinion means a lot! They are how you say, BOMBAY! ^_^

Inuyasha1702: LOL. So glad that you agree. It's true that I wanted to throw something really hard at the screen. But if I actually did, I wouldn't be able to watch anymore episodes, lol. ^_^

Shichini Kiwi Kasa: Yes! Another person who agrees! Inuyasha was an ass in that episode, but I can't really hate him for long. Damn my soft heart. Yes, Sesshy is falling in love! S'bout time!

Me!: Thanks for reviewing!

The Fallen Angel of Death: Don't worry, even if it does turn into one there won't be a Kikyo to stick around for very long.

Katani Masaya: Don't worry Naraku! I won't waste those golems, unlike you. . .JK! I take back my revenge plot, I just love this pelt too much! ^_^

Silver Fang13: Of course I always love hearing from you! I love hearing from everyone! I have too much love! I need help! I should go. . .

KawaiiLil-Inugurl: Thankies! Review for me soon! ^_^

Shitsumon: I hope that answers that.

Defafaeth Mechqua: That, my friend, is a different story, for a different day. Smiles.

Mamafro434: Gee, that's real encouraging.

Ruby27: This will be a pretty long fic, as you should already guess. I plan to put in like, 3 or 4 more chapters, a lemon(maybe), and 3 or 4 more chapters after that too. Maybe even a sequel if y'all beg enough. Lol.

Iotathesweet: Yes, I know, I was sad about that too. But I'm always glad to have you as a reviewer!

Nymph Demon: Mmmm! This is good shit! Ah, chocolate, always glad to hear you review!

Hieii4711: Endless indeed my friend, endless indeed.

Fire goddess5: I'm so glad this is your favorite! And I sure hope it stays that way!

Anonymous: thanks, wonder no more!

Noir12: thanks! I'll be sure to do so, real soon!

Yura of the Hair: Wowies! You reviewed for my fic! (dances happily around) I was hoping you'd show up one day! I'm so glad that you like it! When are you gonna update?

Ladyofthedragons1: boy, I sure hope so!

Siren10: Yes, ma'am.

REDWOLF: What do you mean adult? Are you saying this is all puppy love?! LOL. Puppy love. . .

Aira^o^: Yes, all of the things that you mentioned came into play! I hope you were pleased with the result!

Hime-Victoria: THANK YOU! Finally! Someone who understands my views on Sesshomaru's heart! You wouldn't believe how many people told me they wanted to ride on Sesshy while he's a giant dog!

KITSUNE-chan3: Yeah, I knew that. . .(stupid moment) I'll try to read your story as soon as possible!

Silver Mystic: Thanks for the review! I'm sure this chapter cleared your question on the whole Inuyasha's thought kind of thing.

DarkFire10: I hope to make it as interesting as possible! Wish me luck!

~Mediaminer.org:

Wackoramaco87: Wowies! Where'd you get the soundtrack? I want one! By the way, where's my cookie?

Lady Sesshoumaru: True, he is curious, but wouldn't you be if you traveled 500 years into the future? I sure as hell would! Besides, this makes him seem cuter! ^_^

Tsukitani: Yes, damn Sess and his sexiness. Why does he have to be so sexy? OH! So glad that you don't think I'm pathetic, lol. So sorry to hear about your boycott on FF.net. But I totally support it! Freedom of Speech! By the way, what is it with people and bribing authors with cookies? You're the second person today! Not that I'm complaining!

Julie1: I'm so glad that you did read this fic! I know how you feel about weird couples, I felt the exact same way before! But I totally love it now, I'm glad you're open-minded about different views! I know I try to be.

Striking Falcon: That's alright, you and I can do the happy dance together! I know I do it all the time when you update! Some people just don't appreciate the importance of such rituals, the happy dance is vitally essential to our lives! ^_^ I'll update if you update!

Queen of the world: Thanks for the review1 I'll try to update as soon as possible!

Sunstar: lol. Thanks! Your opinion always means so much to me!

Fishfisk: Thanks for being an honest person with me. Personally, I always get confused when people give me all tens, and I know for a fact that my story isn't perfect! Sorry if Inuyasha isn't in here too much, don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorite characters too! But if I did that I think all of the other reviewers would kill me! Review soon!

Thank you to everyone who reviewed! (Sigh) Last time History homework, this time Math homework. I do so hate my life! Yay! I'm turning 15 as of Sunday! So happy! I get a new computer! (Dances around like crazy) YOU MUST REVIEW! But please no flames, as usual!

Ja Ne! ^_~