InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ ForgetMeNot ❯ More Than Friends ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Forget-Me-Not

By: Youkai Yume

Yume: OMG! I'm sooooo sorry!

CF: In more ways than one! {runs for cover}

Yume: Okay, my first apology goes to the lateness of this fic. I went on a trip yesterday, and didn't even know about it until the last minute! But I've made it up to you in this chapter, it's extra long!

CF: Apology number 2!

Yume: Secondly, for all of those who have read my short story, LOVE LETTER. . .most of you have realized that the chapters are all wonky. Fanfiction.net somehow switched my chapters, (>.<) So PART2 is in PART 1's place. . .

CF: Confusing, ne?

Yume: I have fixed it and switched them back, though I don't know when it'll show up on the site---but it'll make sense now! Oh! I warn those now, that this chapter will contain a smidgeon of sexual tension. I hardly call it lime, but yeah.

Disclaimer: Inuyasha's not mine, and the song, "Twilight," belongs to Vanessa Carlton.

Chapter 24: More Than Friends

The sun hung high in the sky, casting off brilliant rays in every direction. The sakura trees swayed lazily with the warm, afternoon breeze, scattering its' blossoms to the wind. The sound of children's laughter sounded the peaceful atmosphere, and amidst the field of flowers, Shippo and Rin played to their heart's content.

"I'm gonna catch you, Rin!" Shippo chuckled.

"NEVER!" Rin shouted, "Shippo will never make Rin IT!" She laughed, and ran faster, with the trailing kitsune following closely behind. Needless to say, she never had so much fun before! And this game---Tag, Shippo and Kagome had called it, was extremely fun!

Giggling almost madly, Rin noticed after a while that she was alone in her laughter. Stopping abruptly, she glanced back over her shoulder.

"Shippo-chan?" She said curiously, but no one was there. Biting her nail a bit, she ran back to see if he was hiding somewhere in the bushes. The shadowed trees blew all around her, and Rin felt a sudden shiver go up her spine.

"Shippo!" She turned around immediately, only to scream in horror.

"ROAR!" A giant panda growled playfully at her, causing her to fall on her rear end with a loud thump.

"Oof!" Rin let out, opening one frightened eye at the panda. Her cinnamon orbs widened when she noticed it had a fluffy red tail---which looked strangely familiar.

"SHIPPO-CHAN!" She glared angrily at the panda, which disappeared in a giant poof of smoke. In its' place stood a very amused Shippo, who was laughing his head off, pointing at her and rolling on the ground. She stood up, pouting angrily at the kitsune and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Rin doesn't think that's funny," Shippo wiped a tear from his eye, his laughter dying down.

"You would've if you had seen the look on your face!" He chuckled. Rin huffed and plopped back down on the grass. Shippo laughed, and pounced next to her, patting her back. "Aw, cheer up Rin!" He said, still smiling widely. "When you fall off your horse, you gotta get back up!" Shippo nodded, holding up an extended finger and smiling at his own wisdom.

"Rin doesn't get it. . ." Rin dropped her arms to her side, looking at him confusedly, "What does Shippo mean?" At that, the kitsune pup smirked at her once more, and jumped three feet from where she was.

"It means I tagged you!" He said in a singsong voice, "And that means. . .you're IT!" He giggled, and ran off. Rin stared in disbelief at him, but soon got to her feet once more, and her anger disappeared. Her cheery façade returned, and she ran after him.

"Shippo tricked Rin!"

"Catch me if you can!" Shippo laughed, ignoring her giggling protests.

As the children carried on with their mirth in the far off distance, a rather disgruntled Jaken watched in distaste at their antics. He tugged uncomfortably on his brown kimono. Why was he always stuck with babysitting? He couldn't understand for the life of him why his master sent him away on such petty matters so much.

Speaking of which, while he was out here, watching the children, Sesshomaru-sama was inside. . .with the miko. He scratched his head. Ever since that wench---or rather LADY Kagome, as he was forced to call her as, his lordship has seemed different.

Jaken found the taiyoukai gazing out into the far off distance, as if he was like in a dreamlike state more often. No doubt deep in thought, on what he dared not to ask. On various occasions, he had also spotted his master late at night in the library, fingering a blue flower from an old book he kept near his desk.

He recognized it to be the flower that the miko had given to Sesshomaru-sama long ago, when she had aided him in his recovery from the battle with the bear youkai. No doubt, SHE was the one that usually occupied his thoughts.

The little toad still didn't quite understand why his master had taken on such a keen interest with the human. Now he had gone as far as offering her his hospitality, and this morning while at breakfast, he had overheard them discussing lessons in self-defense.

How he fussed over her! Jaken thought, and if he didn't know any better, the little retainer could've sworn that sometimes his master would look at her with---dare he say it? Love. Yes, even the little toad noticed.

"Oh, Lord Sesshomaru! How the mighty have fallen!" He muttered to himself. Though, admittedly, Jaken had to say that she wasn't all bad. Some benefits that came with Sesshomaru-sama's interest in her were the less frequent beatings that he gave the toad. And, it wasn't like she was mean to him. . .in fact, he found her to be quite pleasant for a human.

Perhaps he didn't mind afterall. Jaken glanced over to the children, and his eyes bugged out of his sockets when he realized Rin was coming straight at him.

"NO! DON'T COME ANY CLOSER, RIN!" But it was too late, she had pounced on him along with Shippo. As they piled on top of him, he let out a miserable groan. At least Lady Kagome did not torture him like Rin. . .

"Ow. . ." He squeaked, "This Jaken believes he can't feel his legs. . ."

"Oh, Jaken-sama!" Rin giggled, "Jaken-sama's going to need Jaken-sama's legs!"

"Why is that?" He mumbled, annoyed as they scrambled off of him.

"Because you're IT!"

~ ^_^ ~

"Better, but your form is still off," Sessomaru said gently, watching Kagome as she struggled with the sword. He thought it endearing when she growled out her frustration, releasing a hand's hold on her sword to ruffle her hair in confusion.

"This is hard. . ." She mumbled. "That's why I leave the fighting to Inuyasha and the others. . ." Kagome glanced over at the demon lord, who was staring at her impassively. She gave him an innocent smile, a hopeful gleam glittered in her irises, "Um. . .how about we take a break? We've been doing this since breakfast. . ."

Sesshomaru shook his head slightly in amusement, never taking his eyes off of hers. She sighed.

"Thought not," And she turned back to her hands, gripping the sword with both of them. Just when she was about to lift it, she felt strong arms wrap around her form. The breath left from Kagome's lungs as she felt hands snake down to her arms, and covered her hands still grasped onto the sword.

The next thing she knew, she was being pulled against a firm built chest, and she shuddered when she felt warm breaths on her ear.

"Place your hands like this. . ." Sesshomaru's velvety smooth voice said softly to her, causing her to blush. Kagome's sapphire eyes locked onto his hands as they moved hers to the right position on the handle. "Make sure that the grip that you have on your weapon is firm, so as not to have it easily knocked out from you hands."

"O-Okay," Kagome nodded, her heart seemingly beating right out of her chest when she felt his fingers tighten over hers. It may have been her imagination, but she thought she could feel Sesshomaru's heartbeat increase as well in his chest. It was pressed against her back, which made her feel each passing rhythm of his beating heart against her back.

She glanced up at the taiyoukai, who kept his face void of all emotion still. He was so near. . .his face was right next to hers, she blushed. Turning back to her hands, she shook the feeling off. `I'm just imagining it. . .' And why was she blushing so much anyway? He was just teaching her how to work a sword properly!

Sesshomaru watched his little miko out of the corner of his eye. How incredibly difficult it was not to just kiss her breathless right then and there! And now that he had her in his arms, hands clasped tightly over hers, and the feel of her body against his own. . .

Gods, was he TRYING to torture himself? Sesshomaru instinctively leaned in and buried his nose into her hair, feeling her stiffen at the contact and hearing her heart beat at a million miles per hour. He breathed in her luxurious scent, and sighed with contentment. `I'll never get enough of that. . .'

"Ano. . ." His golden eyes blinked open, returning to reality at the sound of her nervous voice. "Are you alright?" Kagome asked meekly. She saw him withdraw from her hair, and straighten himself seriously again.

"Now for your stance," He said, his usual cool voice spoke as if his momentary interest in her scent hadn't happened. Kagome swallowed. Her breathing slowed and she nodded.

Sesshomaru inwardly smiled when he felt her relax in his arms once more. Looking over at her current stand, he shook his head. Kagome looked at him curiously, and he stared with soft, golden eyes at her. She was so trusting. . .and she trusted him. It was an unexplainable feeling knowing this fact.

"Your feet must be farther apart," He instructed, "If you stand casually as you are, you will be an easy target," Kagome nodded complied.

"Like this?" He shook his head lightly and she shrugged her confusion. A small smile tugged at his lips. His hand left hers, traveling down to her legs to guide her feet. Kagome stiffened under his touch again, and he stopped momentarily. After a while, he moved his clawed hands down to her knees, nudging her slightly to move her in the correct defensive stance.

Strange, he didn't realize how utterly arousing this was, until his hand traveled up her leg once more and somehow reached her inner thigh. And the heat that she seemed to radiate. They seemingly froze like that, and the demon lord never before felt so extremely nervous as he listened to Kagome's breath hitch in her throat.

He willed his hand to move away, but it remained. He cursed his luck when his eyes caught sight of her green skirt. He felt like it was mocking him. `I shouldn't be doing this. . .' he thought. Deep in the pit of his stomach, he knew that this went far beyond some training lesson. . .it reached deep within his primal instincts, the urge to claim her.

Kagome couldn't move herself. Her skin felt like it was on fire at even the slightest touch of his smooth hands. `He's only showing me the correct stance,' she reminded herself. But when his hand reached her inner thigh, just inches from her skirt, Kagome felt a sudden rush of heat go through her.

`Kami-sama. . .what is he doing?' An unknown feeling engulfed her, as she felt the hand that was still grasped onto hers on the sword handle moved to wrap around her torso. The sword fell with a clang onto the dojo floor, and her sapphire eyes closed when he held her closer into his embrace.

He could smell her intoxicating scent spike, and all thoughts scattered to the winds. Sesshomaru held onto her small frame close to himself as if she was a lifeline, his hand rubbing up and down her thigh.

Kagome let a barely audible moan escape her lips, her own hands grasping his around her waist. The miko felt that it was wrong. . .but at the same time, she never felt anything so right. It felt right being in his embrace, and perhaps he was just acting on lust. . .but something in the way he touched her. . .told her it went deeper than just lust.

`Why is it that only Sesshomaru. . .?' Kagome closed her eyes, letting her conflicting thoughts slip and enjoying his touch.

"Kagome. . ." He whispered huskily into her ear, and his face came down to nuzzle the crook of her neck. Gently, he placed a longing kiss on the skin where the mating mark for demons should be. Golden eyes darkened, he kissed it again, this time licking it tenderly, one of his fangs brushed lightly over the sensitive spot.

"Sessho. . .I don't think. . ." Kagome breathed, trying to come back to the real world, but finding extremely difficult. It was then that she heard the footsteps of little children coming down the hallway, and if SHE could hear it, she was pretty sure Sesshomaru could as well. Despite this, he continued to lick and nip at her skin, sucking gently every once in a while.

"Sesshomaru," She said a little more sternly. The taiyoukai's eyes opened instantly, and seemingly flickering in realization, his lips left her neck. `What happened?' Sesshomaru's eyes widened momentarily as he gazed at the red mark on her skin. `Did I almost. . .?'

Kagome almost whimpered at the loss of his warmth when he slowly withdrew from her, his hands immediately returning to his sides. The mesmerizing moment had vanished, and now Kagome wrapped her arms around herself, blushing and looking away.

Sesshomaru avoided her gaze as well.

"Sesshomaru-sama! Kagome-neesan!" Rin popped her head through the dojo door, Shippo promptly on her head. She smiled toothily at them and ran inside.

"What is it Rin?" Kagome smiled at them, catching Shippo as he jumped into her embrace.

"We were just wondering when lunch is going to be! We're starving!" The little kitsune exclaimed, pointing at his stomach to prove his point. Kagome giggled, and ruffled his as well as Rin's hair. She nervously glanced over at Sesshomaru.

"NOW, can we take a break?" She asked him, trying to sound as if nothing had happened. He nodded slowly, still not looking at her. Rin let out a "Yay!" and left for the kitchen. Shippo on the other hand, remained in Kagome's arms.

She tensed he sniffed her clothes a bit, then looked up at her with curious eyes.

"Momma, why is Sesshomaru's scent all over you?" He asked innocently. She tensed at his words, and from the corner of her eye, she could tell Sesshomaru tensed as well. Shippo grinned. "Were you playing tag too? And he tackled you?"

Kagome laughed weakly, and pictured herself wiping imaginary sweat off of her eyebrow.

"Um, yeah. . .something like that!" He giggled, satisfied with the answer and pounced off. But before he left the room, he glanced back at the demon lord and miko, giving them a small knowing smile.

Once he had left, Kagome let out a relieved sigh. It was silent in the dojo, and it was starting to get to her. She glanced nervously over at the demon lord.

Sesshomaru dared not look at her. Guilt tore him inside. He had almost marked her as his mate. . .if he had sunk his fangs into the junction of her neck. . .The taiyoukai clenched his fists in frustration. He ha dlet his control slip once more, and if he had not stopped, he would've done something that he would've regretted. But more heart-wrenching was, something Kagome would've regretted.

But he could not get the taste of her out of his senses, and it drove him wild knowing that she had responded to him. And yet. . .he felt dishonorable, and dirty. He felt like he was taking advantage of her in her time of weakness, and she only responded because she unconsciously wanted attention. . .at least that's how he saw it. He was the only one here to give her comfort. . .

No, he wanted Kagome to come to him BECAUSE she loved him. But. . .perhaps that day will never come, and this is the only way that he could. . .

Kagome stared at him with confused sapphire depths. What just happened back there? The way he held her, touched her. . .was it all just her imagination? And why was it that when he did, she felt so complete? So warm, and happy? A deep want had echoed in her soul, and all of a sudden, Sesshomaru was beginning to fill it.

`It's not just lust. . .' She thought to herself. `I want. . .' Kagome's thoughts trailed off. What did she want? She was so unsure now, so lost. It was strange. . .how she didn't think of Inuyasha once during the whole thing. All she COULD think about was HIM. And it was strange how it no longer hurt as much when his name resounded in her head. . .just a little ache, but nothing more.

Strange. . .she stepped a bit closer to him, a trembling hand came up to touch him lightly on his shoulder. He turned his head slowly to glance at her. She nearly gasped when she saw his molten gaze. So much conflict and confusion, so much longing when Kagome looked into them. Strange. . .she still thought, but yet at the same time. . .not all that strange at all. In fact, it was almost. . .natural to feel this way.

Kagome was brought out of her thoughts when Sesshomaru's smooth, velvety voice broke the awkward silence.

"Forgive me," He said, causing her to look at him confusedly. He approached her slowly, until he was a mere foot away from her. Gold met Sapphire for several moments, and Kagome felt him place a hooked finger under her chin. His hand slowly moved up to her cheek, and he caressed it tenderly.

Leaning in, she never broke their gaze, watching with soft eyes at the demon lord who looked at her with silent yearning. `I don't understand this. . .' She thought to herself. When Sesshomaru removed his caressing fingers, and walked past her to the door, it was all she could do to stare after him. `Sesshomaru.'

~ ^_^ ~

The halls echoed with their footsteps as Kagome walked the children to their rooms. They tugged at her hand and blue kimono that she had just changed into after her bath, as they urged her to hurry. She sighed, smiling at them. Her mind was still back at the moment in the dojo. . .when Sesshomaru had his hands all over her.

It was all she could think about, and she had been thinking about it for a long time. When she had dined with the others during lunch, she'd steal momentary glances over at the demon lord. She noticed that he remained impassive, and still would not speak of it.

`Sesshomaru. . .' He had apologized to her for it. Did he regret it? Because, well, she felt extremely guilty about it, for she SHOULD still be hung up about Inuyasha, but she didn't regret it. Why was she feeling this way? And why was Sesshomaru acting this way as well?

She had never noticed it before, but he was being so tender with her. It showed in the way he spoke to her, his voice, although still emotionless, was softer, gentler. He looked at her with more emotional eyes than she had ever thought him to have, and when he touched her, it was with the utmost fondness. And then there was the. . .tension between them.

There was no use denying it, because there was. And it left her confused and dazed. What she felt. . .was it real? This feeling of completeness and bliss when she was with him. . .was it possible to be feeling this way for the demon lord? She wasn't sure. Kagome certainly didn't expect it, especially not so soon after her heartbreak with Inuyasha.

But then, here she was, feeling these new emotions and for Sesshomaru to boot. How she would blush and her stomach would flutter. . .how even the sound of her voice would make her feel more safe than anything. . .it wasn't like this with Inuyasha. And she shouldn't compare this to it either. This was Sesshomaru.

A part of her told her that this wasn't real afterall. She was just hurting because of the hanyou's decision, and just sought comfort in his brother. If this was indeed so, and Kagome's heart tore at the possibility, then it wasn't fair to Sesshomaru.

`Fair in what?' A voice said in her mind. It's not like he saw her anything more than a friend right? But. . .that hurt too. For some reason, she didn't want to believe that all that had transpired between them. . .the intangible sweetness of having his lips on her skin. . .was all just some game between friends. For some reason she wanted. . . `To be more than friends.'

She shook her head out of her thoughts and smiled weakly to herself. Who was she fooling? What was she trying to do? Did she want her heart broken again? And so soon? What if. . .a thought clicked in her mind. What if. . .

But she never finished her thought, for the children had dragged her to their desired destination.

"Can Kagome-neesan tuck Rin in?" Rin asked sweetly. Kagome smiled and nodded, watching with slight amusement as both Rin and Shippo pounced onto the futon.

"Settle down you two, it's not a trampoline!" She giggled.

"What's a t-tr-trampo-line?" Shippo stuttered. Kagome laughed and shook her head, waving the matter aside. She took a seat beside Rin, and Shippo curled into her lap. Tucking Rin in, she smiled down a the little girl and ran her fingers through her hair. The little girl smiled contedly.

"Rin's okaasan used to do that too. . ." She mumbled. Kagome froze.

"Okaasan?" She nodded.

"Hai. Before, when Rin had an okaasan, Rin's okaasan would always comb Rin's hair! Just like Kagome-neesan," She said wistfully. Shippo sighed, remembering his own mother as well, and buried his nose into Kagome's kimono.

"Yeah, so did my okaasan. . ." He muttered. The older girl smiled sadly down at them. They were both orphaned at such a young age. She didn't know if she'd ever stay that strong without her mother. `Inuyasha and Sesshomaru are the same way too,' She thought. They both lost their parents when they were young.

Kagome held them closer to her.

"What else did your okaasan do?" She whispered gently. Rin furrowed her eyebrows together, trying to remember.

"Okaasan used to sing to Rin," She said happily. Kagome giggled.

"Do you want me to sing to you too?" Both Rin and Shippo nodded and she stroked their hair in a soothing manner as they leaned into her. Finally, Kagome's lips parted and a soft melody floated into the night air.

~I was stained, by a role,

in a day not my own~

Sesshomaru stood in his room on the balcony, overlooking the Western Lands. Even the cool breeze did not calm his restless soul. His soul that cried, ached and yearned for Kagome.

~But as you walked into my life

you showed what needed to be shown~

He looked down at his hands, the very hands that so dared to touch the pure creature that she was. He was a demon, his claws had been soaked in blood. Blood that will not fade no matter how many times washed. He was stained, his soul once tainted in his need for power and vengeance.

~I always knew, what was right

I just didn't know that I might~

But ever since that day when Kagome had shed some light of kindness and nurtured him back to health, something changed within him. He no longer saw the point in his old grudges, no longer sought his petty desires for Tetsusaiga. His being no longer seethed with hatred for humanity, and in fact, a bit of humanity had grown in himself. For only then could he have fallen, fallen for Kagome. She had purified him in a way. . .purified his soul, so that he was unclouded by his hate.

~Peel away and choose to see

With such a different sight~

Kagome had taught him love, and yet he felt tortured in knowing that what little point of knowing this feeling when he was unable to hold her in his arms. To claim her as his. . .afterall, she was a pure, kind-hearted miko. He was a demon. This fact can never be changed. Still, when she had looked at him today, the way she said his name with such warmth. . .he couldn't help but feel, just a tiny bit of hope.

~And I will never see the sky the same way,

and I will learn to say good-bye to yesterday

and I will never cease to fly if held down,

and I will always reach too high, cause I've seen,

cause I've seen, twilight~

That was when he heard it. The sound of a soft, enchanting melody floating throughout the castle. The voice was seductive, powerful, and yet soft at the same time. Sesshomaru closed his eyes, listening to the words, and after a while, his eyes opened as it stared towards the door leading to the hallway.

~never cared never wanted

never sought to see what flaunted~

His feet lead him down the hallway, the voice echoed off of the walls. `So beautiful. . .'

~so on purpose so in my face

couldn't see beyond my own place~

As he got closer and closer, he caught the scent of sakura blossoms and jasmine wafting into his nose. He smiled to himself.

~It was so easy not to behold what I could hold

but as you taught me I could change

whatever came within these shallow days~

Sesshomaru stopped in front of Rin's room, inhaling deeply. She was on the other side, she was the one singing. Holding his breath, he slid open the shoji door.

~And I will never see the sky the same way,

and I will learn to say good-bye to yesterday

and I will never cease to fly if held down,

and I will always reach too high, cause I've seen,

cause I've seen, twilight~

His honey-gold eyes were met with the scene of Kagome laying on the bed with the children safely tucked in bed. And as she stroked soothingly at their hair, her lips spilled out the beautiful words to her song. The light of the moon hit her face in all the right places, and he had to keep from gasping at the moonlit angel before him.

~As the sun shines through it pushes away

and pushes ahead~

Kagome looked up, and smiled warmly at him. The children were now fast asleep, but she still continued her song, running her fingers over their ruffled hair.

~It fills the warmth of blue

and leaves a chill instead and~

Sesshomaru said nothing as her voice permeated to atmosphere. He leaned against the doorway, staring with complete awe at the girl, enjoying every second of the moment.

~I didn't know that I could be

so blind to all that is so real

but as illusion dies

I see there is so much to be revealed~

Kagome motioned for him to come in, and he hesitated for several moments before he did, gazing warmly down at her. These words, this song. . .he couldn't help but wonder. . .were they from her heart? It spoke so much truth, in such simple words. . .

~And I will never see the sky the same way,

and I will learn to say good-bye to yesterday

and I will never cease to fly if held down,

and I will always reach too high, cause I've seen,

cause I've seen, twilight~

She slowly moved away from the children, and Sesshomaru gently helped lift Rin's head so that Kagome could escape them. After she got up, she came over to Rin's balcony, which was rimmed with wreathes of flowers. Kagome looked back at Sesshomaru, tenderness evident in her eyes as if she realized something, and she continued with her song.

~I was stained, by a role,

in a day not my own

but as you walked into my life

you showed what needed to be shown~

He joined her on the balcony, and now they stood side-by-side staring up at the moon. He saw her move closer to him when the wind blew, and he readily welcomed her into his arms.

~I always knew, what was right

I just didn't know that I might

Peel away and choose to see

with such a different sight~

Sesshomaru sighed in contentment, basking in the feel of her in his arms, her wondrous scent surrounding him, and her melodic voice enchanting him. Everything else melted away, and he didn't care about the internal conflicts that they both might have. He parted with her just a little, and looked at her affectionately. She returned the gaze with what he dared to even hope to have been equal affection.

"Kagome," He whispered to her softly, she said nothing, but snaked her arms around his torso, her fingers lifting to caress his cheek, and sliding down to touch his bottom lip. He closed his eyes, relishing in her touch.

~And I will never see the sky the same way,

and I will learn to say good-bye to yesterday

and I will never cease to fly if held down,

and I will always reach too high, cause I've seen,

cause I've seen, twilight~

As the last words of her song faded into nothingness, Kagome watched as the demon lord closed his eyes in bliss, and he was only aware of her fingers on his lips. She felt like she was in a trance herself, and a shiver ran down her spine when he kissed her fingertips.

Golden orbs opened to lock with her sapphire ones, and for a long while they stayed like that. Kagome felt her cheeks blush a deep shade of red, and not believing what she was about to do, she went on her tiptoes, her face leaning closer to his.

Sesshomaru's breath caught in his throat, and he stared wide-eyed as she inched closer. His eyes slid shut once more, expecting to feel her lips on his at any moment---but instead he felt the brush of her lips against the skin of his cheek.

When he opened his eyes again, Kagome was no longer by his side. He looked towards the door, where he saw her standing with her back to him. He sighed, bringing a clawed hand to touch the spot where her kiss lingered. She glanced back at him with shy eyes and a cherry blush.

"Goodnight, Sesshomaru," She whispered softly.

~End Chapter ^_^

CF: All together now! AWWWWWW!

Yume: I know, extreme fluff, and Kagome's beginning to realize her feelings! Yay!

CF: S'bout time! Yume-sama's going to explain why she's feeling everything so fast in the next chapter.

Yume: Yup! And I didn't exactly like this chappie all that much, but it'll do. I know this is a drastic change in Kagome, but before you all blow your tops---like I said, I have an explanation for it all in the next chappie!

CF: Review pweeze! And no flames, as usual! ^_^

Review Responses:

~Fanfiction.net

Emberkitty1424; dragon-gurl12; Yuuka Yagami; Sesshomaru luv you; Icsis; heikaru; cerillion; JadeBlueAfterGlow1; Kagome loves Inuyasha; Shoopuf; grey tears; Teru04; sesshoumarulover713; Lady Kaela; Orchidacae; balzing kodachi; Mx2mnm; Lady Icykimi; Ryoko3600; kenshin's grl; DarknessGuardian; Anggie_chan; Rin6; Nymph Demon; fluffyduck; iyluva7978; Jupiter's Light; Simplicity; Lorilei; Hfaith; trihn; Scottish Fae; The Fallen Angel of Death; echo21; MidnightDragonShadow; fire goddess5; Stardreamer090; FanficWriter; Dragon Rae; KawaiiLil-InuGurl; Kitsune_minkchan; Wake Robin; Inuluvher151; anonymous; Talent Scout; DarkFire77; LilAnimatedGrlN'Pink; Rabid-Inu-Girl; K-Chan16; Cutiepie99; ForgetMeNot Fan; spirit detective Mae; king louie; flare2; Ana; Defafaeth Mechqua; MoonlightPrincess; bloodbunny; Narani the Demoness; Seungmina1991; ladihouki; tessa3; Kore Yan; Fangboy; Saria4; THANKS! AND I'M COMING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Perro: Aw! You're so sweet Perro! If you ever DO give me a forget-me-not of my own, I will preserve it! (holds up hand) honest! Though, someone once told me they weren't all that pretty, lolz. Anyways, I hope you'll always enjoy my story whenever you reread it. Ta!

Whysper: {deep breath} I know that the idea is overdone, but once again, I'm going to PLEASE ask you to be a little open-minded about things. With all the Sess/Kag fics lying around, it's SOOOO hard to be original (inwardly groans) But I will write this fic my way, and I'm sorry if any of it will offend you, but I'm sticking to my original plot.

Dragonmastervii: Does this mean that you DON'T want a lemon? Just curious, but I warn you beforehand that there will be. Although there will be a clean version on ff.net, and the actual lemon will be posted elsewhere. The farthest I'll go here is lime.

AnImEfReAk81: Yay! Congrats! CF sends celebration chocolate! And thanks for the compliment. I try to make Kikyo a complex character.

Katani Masaya: Hellz ya baby! Bring some o' that hot stuff over, Naraku! (XD) Whoa. . .freaky moment! Forget I said that.

Mistress Fluffy: Thanks, I try. Your reviews are always "bombay." As for PBP, I guess writer's block is a problem for us all! You can borrow CF!

Familia-Ficz: Glad you like! And I hope you and MM, or is it Kira? Are getting along! CF sens chocolate milk and a "Muses Unite" card. Lolz.

~Mediaminer.org

RavenCrow16; Onyx Sapphire; 12blue12; Medatsu; Ata; Priss; Bazingnymph7; Fasha Youkai; Kitsune Bi; Vic_18; Sweetapple; THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!

InusDemoness: Most people bribe CF that way, and surprisingly---it works!

Jeannie: Thanks! My writing sometimes zones out there, but half the time I'm not sane. Lolz.

Striking Falcon: CF: {sniffles} CF is sorry. CF just can't control the sweet tooth! {blows}Yume: I hope you had fun on your trip, and try not to get too drunk on New Years!

Inuyasha's kagome: lolz, I understand! But at least you got a taste for the darkside! I love Inuyasha and Kag fics too, but the alternative couple is just so fun!

IsisTheEgyptianGoddess: Thanks! But Jaken won't have to come over, hehe. I'll be good and update!

Kiwi93089: lolz, I understand. Oh! Hello Gir! Love that lil fellow! Have a pig---or a burrito! Lolz! And Naraku (sighs) Sorry man, but Kikyo's going to be just as equally evil here!

END NOTE!

Yume: Okay! Let's wrap things up here! Again, I'm sorry for the late update, and I'll try to make them more frequent.

CF: Main word TRY! {giggles}

Yume: Have a Happy New Years everyone!

CF: {dances around with wine bottles} Let's get a start on our New Years' Party, Yume! Kap-king! ^_^

Yume: Give me that! {snatches it out of her hands, CF whimpers} Me first! {drinks}

CF: Hey! Hmph! Anyway, review! And no flames!

Ja Ne! ^_~