InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ ForgetMeNot ❯ Just A Pawn ( Chapter 27 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Forget-Me-Not

By: Youkai Yume

Yume: HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEARS!

CF: {pops firecrackers} Yay!

Yume: Okay, I'm sooooo sorry for the long wait, but not much work can be done when Chinese New Years is near. . .all that preparation, I'm so ashamed for keeping you all waiting!

CF: {runs around popping the firecrackers} HAHAHAHA! So fun! Yume! Red envelopes! CF needs her moolah!

Yume: At the end of the chapter, promise! Oh, and I've also fixed the whole "Shippo" problem in the last chappie!

Disclaimer: {beats chair} {strained voice} I'm not mad! {beats harder} Really! {chair lies in ruins}

Chapter 27: Just A Pawn

It was quiet around the dark castle. Too quiet for Naraku's liking. But the hanyou was so confident that his plan had worked upon the Inu-tachi, that most of his schemes were no longer needed to thwart them. `Afterall, the miko no longer holds a threat against me, and the half-breed has lost his bite when he lost both Kikyo AND Kagome. . .'

However, this did not bring the usual joy he thought it would to his devious soul. Bored, he had decided. How very bored he was, and it just wasn't as fun to toy with others' minds as much as it was for the group of Shard hunters.

Even with Kikyo, she alone could not satisfy his thirst for fulfillment. Perhaps it was merely because. . .the jewel still remains to be incomplete. And he, Naraku, was still a mere half-demon. Perhaps it was something more that kept him uneasy, but he knew that if he bided his time any longer, he would go insane.

Naraku felt cold arms wrap around his torso, and a light weight press against his back. He leaned back into Kikyo's embrace.

"What are you planning, Naraku?" She cooed, whispering the words into his wavy ink hair in an almost emotionless voice. A cold smile came to his lips, and crimson eyes wandered off into the distance.

The wind blew furiously outside, sending dust to the air and a cold chill to the skin. Naraku was vaguely reminded of the wolf prince. Yes, he knew what he wanted to do.

"I'm thinking. . ." He started, causing Kikyo to open dark eyes in full attention, "it's about time we claim the rest of the shards. . ."

Kikyo smirked against his hoari, her grip tightening around his clothes.

`Yes. . .and when we complete the jewel, I will get what I want. . .' She thought with a malicious glint in her eye. Her plan was already formulated in her mind. She will use Naraku to do all the work for her, and soon. . .it would only be a matter of time. And the arrogant fool is still in the dark. . . `You're not the only one who can manipulate others, Naraku.'

He turned slightly, so that he could bring his head down and kiss her in a hard lip lock. Closing her darkened brown eyes, she responded to him. Such was required in an actress, a puppeteer, a manipulator. `Two can play at this game.'

~ ^_^ ~

How unusual it felt. . .most of them had decided. It had always been the five of them---six if you counted Kirara, but now with Sesshomaru along for the ride, it was just. . .unusual.

Now as they walked down the dusty road, trees looming over them for gratifying shade and sun high in the sky, they felt the tension more than ever. Everyone was deathly silent, and the young miko glanced uneasily from person to person, mainly the two brothers.

Not a word had been exchanged between both of them since yesterday night, and she didn't fail to notice the glaring looks that they occasionally sent each other.

`Well what do you expect? For them to be all brotherly after just yesterday?' Kagome knew that even if they started talking, it would probably end in a fight. . .

It still needed some getting used to, but she was just silently glad that they weren't killing each other. She was also just glad that she could be near Sesshomaru. Blushing, she avoided his gaze when she noticed he was staring at her from the back of the group. Kagome could practically feel his eyes bore into her back.

Clawed hands ran through his silver locks as he observed the group from behind. Well, more or less, observing Kagome. It was strange how after all this time, he never tired of watching her. Every movement she made, ever breath that passed her lips. . .every blush of her cheeks and every shy glance she sent him.

Yes, he still enjoyed watching her very much so. She wasn't the only one who gave him looks. Sesshomaru glared over at his brother who eyed the both of them with a bit of bitterness. No doubt the words that he had left his brother with the night prior was still eating away at him.

Sesshomaru wondered if his brother was beginning to get the message that Kagome did not belong to him, and that she was fair game. And HE was competition. However, the demon lord still got a feeling that his younger brother was not going to give up Kagome that easily. Not even after all that has happened. . . `The stubborn whelp.' Sesshomaru thought with a frown, `Never did know when to give up.'

His golden eyes settled back to Kagome. `It does not matter,' he mused. All that matters is who SHE chooses in the end. Sesshomaru had to keep from smiling at her pouting expression. It was obvious that the quiet atmosphere was making her nervous. And it was even more obvious that his brother wasn't going to talk to her, on account that he was probably afraid to show his soft side while he was here.

The monk and the demon exterminator made light conversation, but they didn't last very long with her. Deciding to keep her company, Sesshomaru picked up his pace to approach her.

"Tell me, Kagome," She heard his deep voice call out to her, and sapphire irises raised to meet his molten gaze. "Is this how your usual day of shard hunting consists of?" Sesshomaru asked in his usual stoic voice, and yet his eyes still held the soft tenderness that she had grown accustomed to seeing.

"More or less," Kagome answered, letting out a breath of relief at finally breaking the uneasy silence. The demon lord moved from the back of the group to Kagome's side. "But it's usually not this quiet." He nodded at her.

"I believe I am partly to blame for that," He admitted, his voice quiet and soft in their personal conversation. The others glanced back once in a while in curiosity at the pair. Kagome shook her head, her fingers tightening around the straps of her yellow backpack.

"Nah, it just needs some getting used to. I mean, can you honestly believe that it would be easy to accept the fact that you joined us in our search for the Shikon shards, and in defeating Naraku? Afterall, you tried to kill us more than once," She reasoned. But Kagome noticed that a sort of regretful look came over his eyes at this.

"But the fact that they accepted you so easily---most of them anyway," Kagome peered over at Inuyasha's tense back, his ear swiveling to show that he was eavesdropping, "shows that they understand that people can change."

Sesshomaru gazed at her, golden eyes soft as he saw her sapphire orbs darken in thought. He had a good idea of what she was thinking. The conversation that she had with his half brother yesterday.

After he had announced that he would join the Inu-tachi, and things had settled down, Inuyasha had begun to explain to Kagome what happened to himself and Kikyo after they had left for his castle.

Needless to say, Kagome had been shocked and the demon lord could feel the remorse she felt for her best friend. But he also saw an expression cross her face for a split second of the moment, and he was almost positive that her thoughts were akin to something like, "I knew it!"

Sesshomaru however, wasn't moved by it at all. More or less, he had expected such treachery from that walking corpse. Her cold eyes showed nothing short of malice and hate.

What was left of the pure priestess had died 50 years ago. `There is nothing left but a mere shell of hatred.' His half-brother just figured it out a little late as all.

He came out of his musing to see that Kagome was gazing back at him with liquid blue eyes. `People can change,' she had said.

"Are you implying that I have changed?" He asked impassively.

"Maybe," She giggled, earning a raised eyebrow from him.

"Make no mistake, I am still the same merciless demon lord when you had met me," He assured her, though his golden eyes held a hint of what she saw to be controversy. She smiled, Kagome knew Sesshomaru would never admit it, not aloud at least. . .

But having spent so much time with him, the young miko knew better.

"Of course. But what I also meant was that we've all changed. I've changed," She admitted. The demon lord's stare grew more intense, hanging onto her every word. What was she saying?

"How so?" He asked, causing her to bite her lower lip in concentration. A raised finger came to her lips, and she gave him a rather cute expression as she thought over her answer.

"Well, what I meant was that. . .my FEELINGS changed. . ." Kagome said the last part in a small voice, blushing and turning away when she finished. Sesshomaru averted his gaze to what lay ahead, but all the while, tried to decipher what her words meant.

A small part of him hoped that she meant. . .

Just then, the whole group stopped dead in their tracks. Inuyasha motioned for them all to be quiet, and his nose raised to the air to catch the familiar scent of youkai.

"What is it, Inuyasha?" Shippo asked from Miroku's shoulder. Kagome glanced nervously from the hanyou to taiyoukai, and saw the same alertness in his form as Inuyasha's. That was when she sensed it.

"Jewel shards!" She blurted. The others turned to look at her, Inuyasha scowled.

"Yeah, and that's not all. . ." His arms crossed into a rather annoyed stance, and both Sango and Miroku raised their eyebrows in question at him. Kagome looked over at Sesshomaru, who in turn crossed his arms as well.

"Indeed," His calm, yet deadly voice ushered. "The scent of wolves."

~ ^_^ ~

Red eyes glowed from behind shadowed trees, moving with stealth as it followed the unsuspecting wolf prince. It's scales bristled as its' whole body seethed with new power. Now, with the jewels shards embedded onto its' batted wings, a sense of confidence filled within it.

A slimy forked tongue slithered from its' fanged mouth to lick a sharp tooth. It's whole being wanted to test out this new power, so much so that it almost didn't mind being manipulated by that man clad in a baboon pelt.

"Bring to me the jewel shards embedded in the wolf prince's legs, and I shall bestow upon you power beyond imagining. . ." The demon had promised. It smirked, bloodlust eyes glittering in the dark.

`And power I shall have, as soon as I get those damned shards from that stupid wolf, I'll just kill off Naraku. . .' It planned in its' twisted mind.

But little did the dragon know. . .who he was dealing with.

"Just a pawn," Naraku cooed, observing the deadly dragon from Kanna's mirror. "In the end, they're all just pawns." Kikyo glared at his crouched form as he indulged in his traps and schemes. Yes, in the end, they were all just pawns. `Even you, Naraku.'

~ ^_^ ~

In a whirl of dust and wind, all stood their ground as the dusty haze dissipated, and in its' place stood the wolf prince; Koga. His usual cocky grin did not adorn his face, and cobalt eyes moved to examine every member of the group.

His eyes fell first on Inuyasha, then on Kagome. . .then on the demon lord that stood behind her, golden eyes void of any emotion, yet still threatening in his bored gaze.

All of them remained silent, eyes probing the others' form, and the tension was thick. Surely, no one had forgotten about their last meeting, and it reflected in the sullen silence that plagued the group.

It wasn't until Kagome's nervous voice spoke that broke the awkward lack of sound.

"Ano. . .Koga. . .long time no see. . ." She started with a strained face. Whatever spell they were in, seemingly broke, and in a second's time, Inuyasha had already gotten his amber fire back into his glare.

"Yeah, well, not long enough!" He shouted.

"Not too fond of seeing you either, dog breath!" Koga countered, getting his own bark back as well. The two bared fangs at each other, throwing insults as usual while the rest of them looked on with disdain.

After a long while, Koga raised his voice in a rather loud thunderous tone.

"I don't have time for you! I'm on a mission!" He snarled, brushing Inuyasha's snide comments aside. Sango glanced over at Kagome, both girls having a curious look on their faces.

"Mission?" Sango inquired. The wolf prince scoffed, looking away as a grim expression came over his face.

"I'm tracking down a demon," He gruffly answered, his fist tightening noticeably upon its' mention.

"Demon?" Koga turned towards Kagome as she stared at him in confusion. He sighed.

"Lately, there's been a dragon demon that's been hunting down my pack since it invaded my lands. Already it has slaughtered several of my men, and even went as far as to destroy some of my lands." His cobalt eyes darkened with a vengeful gleam, growling out the words. "One of the wolves that managed to escape it, told me that it was after the jewel shards that I possess."

He finished, leaving only dead silence that followed the story.

"Feh. Sucks for you," The hanyou blurted, and motioned for the others to walk off with him and leave the wolf to his problems.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome protested.

"It's his problem, who cares?"

"The poor guy's going after something that may kill him!" Koga opened his mouth to tell her that he had every intention of killing the youkai before it got to him first, but a cold emotionless voice stopped all sound come from coming out of his mouth.

"Why did you not request for help?" Everyone turned to Sesshomaru, who had not spoken since the wolf prince arrived in his smoke of dust. Just as quickly, all eyes shifted back to Koga.

"I can handle it myself," He spat back. Sesshomaru scoffed.

"Do not be a fool. You know very well that you can request for any of the other lord's help or back up, as a part of our alliance." He replied stoically, his tone held an air---that of a parent chiding a child.

"It's my problem, It' not like it's a war or something. . ." Inuyasha's golden eyes widened considerably, obviously interested in the matter now.

"Wait, lords, alliances, wars. . .are you talking about KOGA?" He pointed at the glaring wolf, who had a bit of an insulted look on his face.

"Oh! I remember now!" Kagome's sapphire irises brightened. "When Koga tried to kidnap me last time, Sesshomaru had mentioned him being a lord. . ."

"Keh, I didn't think it was all that important for you to know. . .I'm Lord of the Eastern Lands," He waved the subject aside casually.

"Boy, he sure doesn't look like a lord," Shippo deducted easily from Miroku's shoulder. "He's way to scrappy, I would've never guessed!" This brought a growl to Koga's throat, causing the little kitsune to yelp in fear and sink behind Miroku's shoulder even further.

"Well, Koga is a taiyoukai who's tastes are widely known for being less refined than others," Sesshomaru coolly stated. Koga huffed, Miroku and Sango scratched their heads as everything fitted into their brains, and Inuyasha mumbled the whole way;

"Koga, a LORD," He ran it over in his head, and the words `Doesn't sound right,' ran through his mind.

{A.N.: I was going to put `Does not compute,' but Inu doesn't even know what a computer is! Lol.}

"Listen! I told you I don't have time for this, I---"

"Silence, you fool," Sesshomaru snapped, and all of a sudden all of the youkai in their group had that look of alertness returning to them. Even Kirara bristled in anticipation.

The two brothers grasped the hilt of their swords instinctively, and Koga's fist clenched tightly as he caught a whiff of the approaching youkai.

"Speak of the devil. . ." He growled, "That damn thing's coming."

From the trees, emerged a gigantic dragon youkai, it's large body sent trees crashing into the road, and its' large crimson eyes shined in bloodlust.

"Give me the Shikon. . ." It hissed, fangs dripping with blood---blood that Koga recognized to be the scent of his kin.

"You bastard!" He growled, "I'll make you pay for every single one of my men that you've slaughtered!" Koga leapt without a second thought, moving at lightning speed and his aura flared with anger.

The giant dragon roared, lunging towards the approaching wolf prince. Koga managed to dodge it easily, punching it hard on its' skull.

As the battle raged on, the others quickly got to a safe distance, moving out of the dragon's thrashing tail's way. It was then that a glint of purple caught Kagome's eyes. She gasped.

"Inuyasha! That thing has jewel shards too!"

"Where?!" He had already unsheathed Tetsusaiga, and the others, seeing this, had readied their weapons and went into battle stances at once.

"I see three on its' right wing!" Kagome shouted to him, and a smirk formed on his lips as amber eyes followed Koga's fighting form.

"Feh, we'll just hack it right off then! And whatever left of that stupid dragon we'll let the wimpy wolf have it!" Looks like they were going to end up aiding Koga afterall. Inuyasha charged forward, with Sango and Miroku following closely behind.

Kagome made a move to join in as well, reaching for her bow and arrows. She was about to do just that when a clawed hand caught her wrist tightly.

"Too dangerous, you stay here," Sesshomaru said, more like commanded. Kagome's mouth opened to protest, but her merely pushed her behind him.

"H-Hey!" Kagome started, but the demon lord ignored her, drew out Tokijin and entered the battle himself. But not before shooting a golden glance back at her, a look that told her to obey his command.

Koga fell onto the ground when it's thick, scaly tail impacted with his torso, sending dust flying into the air as he did so. His cobalt orbs snapped open in alarm as it lashed out once more, planning to finish him off.

But before it could hit him, Koga felt blood splatter on his armor. Inuyasha's form loomed overhead, Tetsusaiga tightly clasped in his hand, and Koga saw the severed tail fall not too far from where he lay.

"Mutt! I don't need your help!" He bit out.

"Shut up, ya wimp!" Inuyasha retorted. "I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing it for the jewel shards!" With that, he turned back to the roaring dragon youkai, who was giving Sango and Miroku quite the workout as it's large arms and legs were proving to be quite troublesome as well.

Koga growled under his breath, got up on his feet, and resumed his assault.

Sesshomaru moved with swift agility behind his unsuspecting victim. His form becoming nothing more than a silver blur, and cracking his knuckles, his claws glowed green with poison. He was about to strike when all of a sudden, the dragon somehow caught sight of him.

It's eyes reduced to angry slits and it roared. In an instant, it had hoisted itself into the air, it's wings flapping furiously, creating a large gust that threatened to blow them all away.

"Damnit all!" Inuyasha cursed. He and his brother dug their swords into the earth in order to stay their ground. Sango used her haraikotsu, and Miroku and Koga were making do with their own endurance and strength.

The Taiyoukai glared at his target, the dust and wind blurring his vision. It was impossible to battle like this when they could barely see anything. . .He could hear his brother and Koga struggling to fight back the force of wind as well.

`I tire of this,' He thought, and was about to jump up and finish it off in one sweep of his youkai whip when a bright pink light burst before them, clearing away all the smoke in an instant.

Their visions cleared, and all eyes widened when they saw the dragon youkai falling rapidly to the earth, it's wing sundered and separated from its' body, a single arrow pierced in its leather appendage.

Sesshomaru and the others looked up to see Kagome standing poised on a nearby ledge; the string on the bow still vibrated from its' shot.

"Hah! Nailed him!" She cried out in triumph, and gave a high-five to Shippo on her shoulder. The dragon writhed painfully on the floor, it's bulging red eyes caught sight of its' attacker, and in blind fury, it raised itself with the last of its' strength and ran as fast as it could towards Kagome, leaving a trail of crimson blood in its' wake.

"Kagome!" Inuyasha and Koga shouted out in warning, and her eyes widened in shock to see it moving at her in an alarmingly fast rate.

"Wench!" It growled, and was about to move in for the kill. But before it could sink its' teeth into Kagome's lithe body, Sesshomaru had sliced it into pieces with his youkai whip, the blood spurting from the wounds, and its' body fell apart instantly.

Kagome slumped on the spot, watching as the dragon youkai fell onto the forest ground, its' body lying in a pool of its' own blood. In a matter of seconds, it dissipated into dust, leaving only but the bones and the jewel shards.

A sigh escaped her lips as Sesshomaru landed beside her on the ledge, looking impassively down at her.

"Are you alright?" He asked her, his voice soft and his eyes flickered with concern. She swallowed, nodding.

"Yeah. . .that thing was just too close for comfort!" The demon lord crouched down beside her. Wrapping his arm around her waist, he pulled her against him before leaping down the ledge to where the others were.

Kagome pulled away from Sesshomaru, and walked to the jewel shards, picking them up and watched as it purified under her touch.

"That's three down," She mumbled.

"Jewel shards. . ." Kagome turned to Koga, who was watching her as well. "So that's why it was so powerful."

"You should be thanking us, wolf breath!" Inuyasha interjected. "We just saved your worthless ass. . ." He growled, and the two started glaring daggers at each other once more. Miroku sighed.

"Now you two, let's not get into that again. . ." the monk advised. "We've all gotten what we wanted, so there's no reason to harbor any ill will." Inuyasha and Koga huffed, but turned away as if disgusted by the sight of one another.

Sesshomaru watched them, resisting the urge to roll his eyes. `Like children. . .' His attention turned to Kagome, who was eyeing the Shikon shards with a troubled expression. He approached her.

"Is something the matter?" He inquired. She jumped at his voice, but her troubled look did not leave her eyes.

"There's something about these shards. . ." Kagome said slowly. "I don't know what but. . ."

"The shards?" Sango looked at them from Kagome's hands. They looked normal enough. However, Inuyasha came up to her and grasped Kagome's wrist, bringing the shards to his nose and sniffed it. Kagome gave him a strange look.

"Uh. . .Inuyasha? What are you doing?"

"The scent of Naraku!" He breathed. A gasp resounded through the group.

"Naraku? You mean the same demon that killed off half of my pack?!" Koga's anger flared once more.

"Are you saying that these shards belonged to Naraku?" Kagome stared at the jewel pieces in her palm, and her eyebrows furrowed together in thought.

"Does this mean that the dragon youkai was sent by Naraku himself, to retrieve the shards from Koga?" Miroku hypothesized.

"Could be. . ." Inuyasha growled at the thought of the hanyou. The recollection of his scent on Kikyo did not leave him.

Sesshomaru's golden eyes probed at Kagome, who tucked the jewel shards away into her bag. `Naraku,' he thought. `Perhaps the hanyou's main goal now is just to complete the jewel, he has everything else that he desires.'

"Naraku will make his move soon," Everyone turned to Sesshomaru, who was calm and collected despite the tension. "He is nearing his goal, it will not be long now."

A long silence followed after the demon lord's words. Each knew what this meant. Each knew that their journey was nearing its' end.

"Well then, we should be going as well," Inuyasha broke the silence, motioning for them all to move out. Before they could make their way out of the scene of the battle, a strained voice stopped them.

"Wait!" They turned around, staring at Koga. Something flickered across his cobalt eyes, and his fists clenched and unclenched as he made a decision.

"Hurry up, we haven't got all day!" He swallowed, and the wolf prince finally answered.

"I'm coming with you."

~ ^_^ ~

A low growl came from his throat when the image of the newly formed Shard hunters flickered across the faded mirror. `I had not expected this. . .' He thought with bitterness. No, he had not expected it at all. For one thing, his demon was not supposed to fail. . .

And yet it did, foiled by Kagome's arrow and Sesshomaru's whip. That was another thing. Kagome's spirit should've been broken. She should not have been able to call forth any miko powers at all. But the young girl in the mirror seemed to brim with new energy and life. . .

Inuyasha was no longer weak now with his miko back by his side. . .and not to mention, they have new allies as well.

Sesshomaru and Koga. . .looking at the group once more, Naraku scowled. What unlikely allies. No, he had not expected this at all, and perhaps it was his lack of expectancy that cost him such a blunder. `They have my jewel shards as well.'

Kikyo watched the image in Kanna's mirror over Naraku's shoulder.

"I see your plans to weaken them have only served to make them stronger. . ." She purred in an almost mocking way. Narakuy glared, but his sour face was replaced with a lustful gleam.

"It does not matter, all of it will end soon," He cooed. "They will be needing all the help they can get," his voice filled with his usual confidence, causing Kikyo to sneer behind his back.

`It will all end soon,' She reminded herself. She just had to tolerate him for just a little while longer.

~End Chapter ^_^

Yume: {lying on the couch} Man, procrastination might sound good to you at the moment. . .but sooner or later, all that work is going to catch up on you. . .Sorry it took longer than usual. I've been having a lack of inspiration for this chapter.

CF: {fixes glasses on her cute nose, writing in her little doodle book} Yes, that often results in much mental f-fati-fatigue! {grins}

Yume: Huh?

CF: {sigh} Stress, Yume-sama! Stress! Must CF spell it you for you?!

Yume: Nah, I'm pretty sure not even you can spell it. . .lol.

CF: Hey! {starts thinking} No, no, Yume-sama's right. CF can't spell, heh. ^^;

Yume: Please review, and no flames! Oh, and for all of those who will bitch at me later, I know that Koga is spelled "Kouga" but I like spelling it without the U. Saves me vowels. Lol.

Review Responses:

~Fanfiction.net

Crystal jade2; angelfairie; Orchidacae; Ana; DaGurlFromXanga...^^); elf child; On Angel's Wings; elementsofmine; HimitsuEnjeru; GuardianAlexio; divided_angel; White-Crystal; bubblesbb03; Dragonic Princess, Kohaku; Night Miko; Terenity Rose; Silver-Hanyou162; aqua gurl; KawaiiLil-InuGurl; Demon Wicca1; Reine Keri; Namesake; paige50; Sesshys Hime; rockmysocks; Icsis; Snowy Day; ForgetMeNot Fan; Jade-Inu; MoonlightPrincess; psycolady101; Lady Willow, daughter of Galadriel; Tsuki Yume; Talaroh; trihn; blazing kodachi; LilAnimatedGrlN'Pink; Nymph Demon; Gg~ChAn!; Minni May Yukibara; The Fallen Angel of Death; VicFan; fire goddess5; Rhexi; TigerPrincess1; Wake-Robin; Peanut Gallery - Alaska's Own; Victoria Wolf; Saria4; Rabid-Inu-Girl; PeachesDani; fifi; Lady Icykimi; Blue-Flame-Kitsune; Ryoko3600; Lady Demi; inuyashasdemongrl1; *_*; Hfaith; Chelsea R.; KougasMyMan; Kagome loves Inuyasha; Simplicity; LiL GirL LosT; ennovymoon; MidnightDragonShadow; Rin6; dancebabe94; InsanexPsycho; VB; Jade Catseye; Kagome-Ann-Saturn; pyromistress; Mademoiselle Morte; GreenDragonSpirit; Yume no Zencho; Dragon Rai; Defafaeth Mechqua; HebiYoukai; Noir12; Sesshomaru luv you; bloodbunny; spirit element; THANKS AND I'M UPDATING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Ariya Higurashi: I know the characters might not be in character the whole time, but it IS my story, so let me portray the emotions that I want to get across. And if you think about it, Inuyasha IS aggressive, Kagome IS forgiving in real life, and you can't really tell with Sesshomaru so I'm going to make the attempt.

Tsueke: Thanks so much for reading my fic! I always feel happy when I get people like you to look at Sess/Kag in a whole new light!

Famila-Ficz: Really?! You'd babysit CF? Lol. Hope she doesn't drive you insane!

Sara Felton: I'm glad you enjoyed my story so much! And yeah, I know I made Kagome real forgiving, but if you think about it, she really is in the episodes. That's why I like her personality so much. Though, I suspect that the reason why people think I went so easy on him is because they want Inu to suffer! Lol.

Kiwi93089: lol. Geta? On a door? Wow, big ego boost!

DarknessGuardian: lol. I'm a hopeless romantic alright. But I can't say that I've had it from personal experience, for I've never had a boyfriend. . .{sob} Anyways, it's true about my first crush in preschool. Lol. Can't say I've had a real crush after that. I remembered he had a twin brother, but I hated him! He was such a jerk! Lol.

Grey tears: lol. I laughed so hard when I read your review! One of my all time favorites! Oh, and no. Sess and Kagome didn't "do it" they haven't even had a first kiss yet! Thanks for bringing more fans!

MysticAngel: Thanks, I always feel that it its' unusual for fics when they all of a sudden fall in love. Especially since they don't talk much and yeah. Lol. Thanks!

Whysper: Huh, now that's a thought. Thanks for the spelling lesson. Lol.

Katani Masaya: lol. I'll hold off on the whole freaking out Naraku today. And I understand about the whole Miroku situation, but too lazy to reload.

CocaCola43: It's surprising how a mere review response brings so much joy to people! Oh, so that's how you spell "Taijya!"

Perro: Where have you been?! I missed you! Yume was worried Perro doesn't like story anymore. And FYI, Sess and Kag didn't sleep together. He just held her. You DID read chappie 26, right?

~Mediaminer.org

yugis_chik_4eva; Maliksgirl1125; Kurama no Miko2003; Fenikkusu Ice; azi; Kellie; moon of twilight; 12blue12; (fireash); Fasha Youkai; medatsu-chan; Kitsune Bi; nienty3; InusDemoness; THANKS YOU ALL!

Corisu Li: Thanks for the translations, I've already got it, but I'm glad you responded! My friend was mad at me for posting a help ad for the elvish. Lol.

StormAZ: I'm so happy to have such a dedicated reader like you! I have fixed the Shippo problem, he's too small! Can't keep track of him! Lol.

IsisTheEgyptianGoddess: Thanks! I don't deserve your 10's!

Striking Falcon: CF, stop looking so smug. We all know you're cute. I liked the character's reactions as well. And as for your fic, "UA" there will always be someone out there who thinks you need more work. And cliché. Gods know I've had my fair share. But you shouldn't let this get your fire for your stories dim. Afterall, it's so hard to write a truly ORIGINAL fic. "FMN" is the epitome of cliches.

Inuyashas Kagome: lol. You can view my pics as well, in the mediaminer fanart section. A fanart piece will be attached to this story as well!

END NOTE!

Yume: Yes! Now for the long awaited red envelopes!

CF: Yay! {pulls off her little dragon outfit} Gimme!

Yume: Okay, here's one for you! {hands red envelope}

CF: {opens it greedily} Hey! It says, I.O.U. 20 bucks. . .

Yume: Okay! Mooncake anyone? Mooncake?

IMPORTANT!

I now got around to getting a scanner, which means my Sess/Kag fanart is posted on mediaminer.org as well as accessinuyasha.com! For people at mediaminer, there should be a pic attached to this story of Sess and Kag snuggling in a field of Forget-Me-Nots! Enjoy!

Ja Ne! ^_~