InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fragment of Eternity ❯ Kisses and Hate ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't even have any TIME- what makes you think I have Inu-Yasha?

Author's Note: First off, I just want to apologize for taking so long to update. This has been a heck of a week. I swear- I had no more (or less) than NINE tests- one on top of the other. I had play auditions. Then my relatives came to visit. I had meetings about schools to go to and a program at a friend's church, and another friend had a birthday party. I still have a million and one things to do, I'm up at 7:30 AM (WAY early for me on a weekend) and I'm cranky.

BUT- - - !

I really want to thank you all. Whether it be out of compassion, understanding, or you just didn't notice/care- no one e-mailed/reviewed yelling at me for my laps in updating.

So thank you- it really meant a lot to me. ^_^ It took a bit of stress off.

One: Kagome's Attendance at School. Someone was asking if she's ever going. Yes, she is. She is right now, in fact. I don't plan on ever going out and mentioning she went to school one day, but she is going. It's just not important. ^_^;

Two: Neko-Sakura Parody ~Interesting... but "Neko Sakura" was effectively confusing. Even though I understood that it was a parody.. what was the point? To reminisce about Kikyo? ^_^;~

Okay. Neko-Sakura. Some of you thought it was cute, others thought it was stupid. ^_^; Anyway- it also really doesn't matter. It was there to tie things all together. Sure, if you want, Sakura is Ame's reincarnation. Whatever. Oh! And for those who caught it- good job! Neko-Sakura was also talked about in my fic `Early December'. ^_^ Keen memories. (And NO peoples who didn't bother to read my ending notes! Neko-Sakura isn't a real anime- it's my parody to Inu-Yasha)

Three: All right- I kept meaning to mention this to you guys and it continually slipped my mind. If you ever see a fic and there's a chapter that says `chapter doesn't exist' or whatnot (and you know it's really there) go to the URL for that chapter and add &page=0 to the end of it. It works for me! ^_^

Four: ~Despite the length, that seemed unusually...short. Erm...maybe I'm losing my mind. The 'Stereotypical Soapopera' kind of sounded like something not entirely wholesome, and that's just wrong.~

How so? I was just poking friendly fun at soap operas. I didn't mean they were having SEX or anything! It was just a joke because that's what a lot of people seem to think soap operas are about- two characters hugging one another and saying `Oh *name*!" "Oh *other person's name*!"

Five: ~Although, I have a question... is it Inuyasha's telekinesis that allows him to hear, speak, see, and taste? Can't he use those same mind powers to help him feel?~

Good question! My answer: No. His mind powers extend to only helping him `walk' and move things around. He can still speak and hear, but those are just senses he sort of got to keep. He cannot taste or eat. He can feel, but ONLY when he's touched by another ghost. He cannot touch or feel anything of the physical world, only the spiritual. ^_^ Hope that made sense.

Okay! ^_^ I think that's all. . . Hope everyone enjoys this chapter and all that good stuff. ^_~ More semi-fluff (sort of)!

~*~

*

*

*


~Fragment of Eternity~

Chapter Nine: Kisses and Hate

*

*

*

1:30 AM

~Dear Diary,

Inu-Yasha and I just moved in together. I can't believe how fast we're taking this relationship! But I guess I'm not totally surprised- we really just click! Oh, gods, how I adore him- he's handsome and interesting. He's such a great model for all my sketches and paintings, too! My mother doesn't approve of him since he's a hanyou and all, but really, I can't think of a more exciting man. (I suppose man would be the correct term. . . ?)

Ah well. Anyway, speaking of Inu-Yasha, he is currently reading over my shoulder and poking me in the head, telling me to write more complements about him. He can be so egotistical at times.

Awww, now he's pouting.

I love you, Inu-Yasha.

Eee! He's so cute! Now he's all happy again. He's so much like a puppy- it's simply adorable!

Well, now he's moved on to more exciting things, like unpacking his stuff. I'm gonna sketch some and then go help him. Write more soon!~

A few, quick pencil drawings lined the margins of the page with a single thought out sketch on the reverse side- Inu-Yasha, eyes narrowed in concentration, lugging a large box up the steps.

Kagome's lips thinned.

~Dear Diary,

We've been living together for about three days, now. We're having so much fun! We had a picnic under the sakura trees, redecorated the living room, and visited the neighbors. The kids love Inu-chan! It's so cute the way he puts up a shield around the adults but as soon it's just us and the kids he plays just like- well, a puppy! So much energy! He gives them piggy backs and lets them play with his ears. He says rude things once in a while, but everyone seems to know he doesn't mean them. One little boy, I think his name is Kohaku, he really admires Inu-Yasha. So does my own little sister, Kaede. You should see her talk about him- she adores him so much! I heard some of the boys saying they want to be just like him when they get older.

Well, I hope they're not JUST like him (for their mothers might run out of soap), but it's wonderful all the same- don't you think?~

More drawings filled the empty spaces, giving the yellowing page a bright and more cheerful look. A few cherry trees, a close up of the blossoms, doodles of the children Kikyo was referring too- and a sketch of them `wrestling' with Inu.

. . .

Was there really a time the hanyou was that happy. . . ?

Kagome's eyes clouded with sadness and sympathy.

What could have gone so wrong? He was so. . . cold now.

Angry.

Sad.

~Dear Diary,

It's our two month anniversary today! (And our one week anniversary of moving into this house.) Inu-Yasha was so sweet! He surprised me; taking me on a romantic, moonlight walk through the forest- ending it with a candlelight dinner among the trees. He had changed it into an enchanted wood- I swear! Somehow he had. . . It was simply astonishing- I think I was crying with joy. Oh! And guess what?! He even remembered what I wanted- a new bow! That's what I really like about him, I think. He doesn't just do stuff for the sake of being sappy- he only does stuff he knows I'll like or gives me stuff I'll use. I'd never wear a diamond ring, no matter how pretty; so instead he purchases something I really *do* want. In return, I gave him a clawed necklace that I thought would look good on him. He seemed to like it, which really made my night.

God, I love him so much!~

Sketches of the forest and the beads she had presented the deceased boy with. Kagome noted them with mild interest, only really absorbing the miko's words.

Kag didn't understand.

Why?

Why had Inu-Yasha insisted he hated Kikyo so much when, according to this, he was practically her shadow?

Why did Kikyo run from the bathroom, trying to escape- even after getting away from Kag? Did she even realize what she was doing?

What was going on?

Who was lying? What happened? What *was* happening? What went wrong?

It seemed like they really loved each other. . .

The ebony haired girl sighed, flipping to the next page; hoping for answers.

None.

Only more lovey-dovey sap about how much Kikyo worshipped Inu-Yasha, including a picture of the hanyou sleeping on the couch; his red haori half open and his silver hair askew. (According to the journal it had been a very hot day and was an even hotter night, so Inu slept in the cool living room. The miko just watched him all night. How pathetic is that?!)

So Kagome turned to the next page.

And the next.

And the next.

2:05 AM

Kag's patience was just about gone.

She had flipped through about one fourth of the old, thick diary and found absolutely nothing except romantic entries about the pair. It was a little more then Kagome could stomach, really. Nothing DIRTY, but so much `fluffiness' was a bit overwhelming. Especially the way Kikyo went on and on and on about her boyfriend.

`I think I'm going to throw up,' the teenager thought dryly, snapping the journal shut and pulling a disgusted face. `Gross.'

. . .

`Well,' she supposed, `that's just my punishment for picking up and reading a diary that's not mine.' Then her eyes hardened. `But seriously! Who cares how he kissed you, Kikyo?!'

. . .

Sitting up right in bed and crossing her legs under the covers, Kag flipped the diary open again.

~Dear Diary,

I thought I'd take a moment to forever preserve the way Inu-Yasha kisses. I swear, it's got to be the most amazing and enjoyable thing on the whole planet.

So what he does (I'm blushing right now just talking about this!) is he wraps his arms around my middle and lifts me up- just enough so that I'm on my tiptoes. Then he smiles at me before closing his eyes and gently pressing his lips to mine- just enough to taste them, not enough to really *feel* them. But after a minute he'll deepen it; grazing my bottom lips with his canines.

(Actually, now that I come to think of it, that's the only thing I really don't like about his kisses. I'm always afraid he'll accidentally slice my lip open or something. And sometimes I wish he would file his claws, but he's careful with them so it doesn't really matter. Anyway- - -)

And he has the longest lashes! They feel so wonderful when they brush my cheeks- just like angel's feather wings. At least, that's what *I* think angel's feather wings would feel like.

Oh!

When he pulls back, he always kisses the sides of my mouth- just to make sure he didn't miss *any* of my lips. It's really cute! (And it sort of tickles, too!)

Yes, Inu-Yasha has to be the world's best kisser.

I think I'm going to go kiss him myself, right now!~

. . .

Kagome closed the book one more time; eyes glazed over in a far-away expression. Looking out the window she allowed her mind to wander.

`. . . I wonder if Inu-Yasha really *was* that good of a kisser. . .' she half mused- appalled at the thought and at the same time interested. Her fingers gently danced over her bottom lip; nails brushing her skin gingerly.

Would that be what his canines felt like?

Hm. . .

!!!

She suddenly clenched her fist, putting it back down at her side. `Where did that come from?!' Frowning slightly, she brought her knees to her chest, resting her head upon them. `Well. . . I guess it's only natural. Inu-Yasha is kind of handsome, even if he's dead. . .'

Her frown deepened.

`If only his inside was as attractive as his appearance!'

But as soon as the statement crossed infected her mind, she felt her heart soften in remembrance. . .

~"Thank you," Inu-Yasha repeated quietly, quickly averting his gaze. "Thank you for. . . helping me. You pushed aside your fears just to assist *me*. No one's ever done that for me before. So. . .

Thank you. . .

Kagome."~

. . .

`Then again. . .

I guess he can be *kind* of nice.'

She shook her head as if to clear it of thoughts. `Whatever. I don't have time for this- I've still got more to read.'

Kag began to open the book again when- - -

"What's that?"

She almost literally jumped a foot, whirling around to face a pair of inquisitive golden orbs.

Crap.

"Inu-Yasha!" she gaped, horrified as she quickly threw the book into her drawer and fumbled to lock it with her key. She couldn't let him see it! "Wha- what are you doing here?! Sango told me you were asleep!"

"I never sleep," the boy sniffed disdainfully, watching her with suspicious eyes. "I only rest for a while. To spirits, to sleep is to die."

Click.

Kagome had managed to lock the drawer before shooting him a confused look. "But you *are* dead."

"Not completely," he shrugged, levitating next to her with a semi bored look. "If I was totally dead, I wouldn't be a ghost, now, would I?"

?


"You're confusing me!" the girl whined, fatigue and irritation not helping her mood at all.

"Good. So stop changing the subject and tell me what that book was!" the boy insisted, pointing at the bedside table with an expectant look in his eyes. He wasn't used to being denied any information he wanted.

Kagome didn't care.

She wasn't about to tell him she was reading his old girlfriend's diary! That was almost certain suicide!

"It was nothing," she replied tartly, rolling over and flicking out the lights in an attempt to end their conversation.

It didn't work.

"Liar!" Inu-Yasha snapped, leering down at her as she wrapped her blankets more tightly around her body. "Tell me what it is!"

She didn't reply.

"Tell me!"

. . .

"TELL ME!"

"NO!" Kag snarled in annoyance, clamping her eyes tightly shut and refusing to look in his direction; her fists clamped around the key to the drawer. She didn't plan on letting go, either.

"Why not?!" the ghost fumed.

"BECAUSE!" she snapped. "GOOD NIGHT."

End of conflict.

Inu-Yasha growled softly, flexing his claws angrily but saying nothing as he watched the girl slowly relax, falling to sleep.

*

3:56 AM

That's what the digital clock read as Inu examined the sleeping girl, trying to figure out a way to steal the key in her grasp.

She had been asleep for a while now, and her stiff position had loosened. Kag now lay, completely sprawled, all over her bed- - - though her hand still kept a tight grasp on the desired item.

"Damn you, Kagome," the boy snarled softly as he tried to find a way to take the key without awakening her. There didn't seem to be one. Any way he mentally tugged on the thing would have roused her. "Damn you! You and your fricken' stubbornness! Why do you insist on being such a pain in the ass?"

A growl reverberating in his throat, he glowered down at the slumbering female; arms stiff at his sides.

"You've done nothing but irritate me ever since you got here!" he continued, now on a roll. "You ignore what I say, refuse to leave, and all out infuriate me no matter what the hell you do! You're much too nice- too understanding! Why do you insist on helping stupid morons like me? Why do you insist on wasting your own and other people's time?! Why do you insist on learning what happened?! It doesn't concern you!"

The sleeping girl took no notice of his harsh reprimands as a lock of her hair fell into her face, making her nose twitch in irritation.

"Why did you sacrifice part of your soul to bring Kikyo back? I told you I didn't want to see her! And yet you didn't listen. . . You never do! Now I'm in your debt, damn it, and I hate it! In fact I hate just being around you! I hate you! You know why?!" he hissed in all out rage, honey colored pools positively flaming in anger. "Because you always seem to know exactly what to do to make me feel- - - feel- - - feel something! Feel in a way I'm not used to feeling! And don't take that as a compliment- I hate feeling that way! You know what else I hate?! I hate how you always know exactly what to do to help me- annoy me! I hate that you always know exactly what to do PERIOD! It irritates me to no end that you- YOU! A stupid little girl from who the hell knows where- can barge into my death and carve yourself a space in it in such a short period of time!"

His glare board into her peaceful face, taking in the stray lock of hair. "I wish you'd just go away," he whispered venomously- - -

As his hand began to reach out, stretching to brush away the- - -

!!!!

Brining his hand back to his side so quickly it was as if it had never left, Inu-Yasha shot one last dark look in Kagome's direction- accompanying it with a soft `Keh!'- before storming back to the attic.

~*~

Sorry it was a pretty short chapter, my life is insane. ^_^ I am barely getting by as it is- please cut me a little slack. Thank you!

Hope you all enjoyed! Please R&R!

Ja ne!