InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fragments: A Collection of Drabbles and One Shots ❯ Anywhere ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The 6thchapter to Fallen is well into progress. This is a little one shot inspired by hearing my favorite song not too long ago. Please enjoy!
 
Standard Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha;the ever wonderful and brilliant Rumiko Takahashi is the creator. I and every other Inuyasha fan thank her every day and every time we write a fanfic for making such wonderful characters.
 
 
Title: Where You Are
Pairing: Sesshoumaru/Kagome
Rating: R (for some hard lime content and a few bad words)
Squicks: If any, it'd be the pairing and the PWP of the situation.
Summary: In the most unlikely of places secrets you hold guarded can slip away.
Music: Anywhere- Evanescence
Word Count:5,044
 
 
 
She had been thrust into the cave by her friends while they had been attacked by some random idiot youkai with a shard embedded in its spine. Without that shard, it probably couldn't have even hurt her without help. And yet, here she was. Alone, scared, worried and desperate for contact of any kind with someone besides herself, Kagome felt like she was about four seconds away from screaming. Somehow Miroku had been able to hide the cave from anyone else's sight.
 
`Are you guys alright? You'll come back for me, right?'
 
Kagome choked back a sob as she struck at the barrier with her already bruised fists, watching despairingly as the blue light only shone brighter and kept it steady. She drew her knees up to her chest and closed her eyes, trying to make herself calm down so that she could reach out to the next person who happened to pass her prison by. So desperate was she for companionship, she would have welcomed the sight and the evil aura of Naraku himself, just because it would mean that she would be able to speak to someone else.
 
“Someone…anyone…”
 
Kagome whispered, feeling her tears fall down her face as she lowered her head to rest against her knees. If there was one thing besides her family being hurt because of her actions here in the past that she was afraid of, it was being by herself for the rest of her days. She had never dealt well with being lonely, always finding friends and companionship in any living thing that held a glimmer of intelligence that she could find.
 
There was no one besides herself that lived and breathed.
 
At the moment, she'd give anything she had on her person to have actual contact with someone else.
 
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
 
He refused to believe that he, the powerful son of an even more powerful ruler, had fallen into a pathetic little trap and was now sealed by a barrier that annoyed him further than the one at Hakurei had. The barrier refused to let him exit and anyone else enter. He had sent Jaken and Aun away with Rin to keep her protected and safe until he figured out the trick to get himself out of there. In the trap, his armor had been pierced by one of the stalagmites and as a result, he now held a rather annoyingly painful laceration the length of his hand and the width of two fingers.
 
Loneliness was never a problem with Sesshoumaru; he preferred traveling and spending his time alone. A factor of his father's sudden preoccupation with that human woman that had spawned Inuyasha coupled with his mother's death had left him with more solitary time than he had known what to do with. It was not a matter of concern, he was intelligent, far more so than most humans and youkai combined. If there was a way out of this ridiculous excuse for a trap, he would find it in due time.
 
`I will send the fool who dared cast such a barrier to Hell myself when I find him.'
 
Cold amber eyes pierced through the darkness as he glanced about the temporary dwelling that held him captive for the time being. Stone walls and dirt floor, nothing extravagant or really worthy of having a barrier cast on it in his opinion. The ceiling was not as high as some of the ones he had traveled through but had enough room for him to draw the Tenseiga and hold it high above his head if he had the need to do such a thing. He narrowed his eyes as he caught the scent that had brought him to the cave in the first place. It had been exactly four years since he had first encountered the girl and each time they crossed paths, he found his interest in her growing.
 
He was not infatuated with a mere human girl. All that he felt was intrigue, what kind of person would dare put themselves at the annoyingly simple hanyou's side willingly and defend him at every turn? She was merely something to study and find out more about than anything else.
 
The scent of tears stung his nose as he began to follow the scent. Perhaps she was the key to the barrier itself, the scent carried her aura and that of the human monk that traveled alongside her were mingled tightly in the barrier's scent. He did not waste much of his time and found her almost instantly after walking around one of the thicker walls that curved in towards the occupants.
 
`So this Sesshoumaru's assumptions were correct.'
 
“Girl.”
 
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
 
Kagome swore she was hallucinating and almost gave into the urge to respond. She shook her head and wrapped her arms a little tighter around herself, trying to block out the imaginary voices that were about to make her scream. When an all too solid hand gripped her shoulder, Kagome nearly jumped out of her skin and yelped. She looked behind her to meet the unamused expression of Sesshoumaru.
 
`Just ten minutes ago you were ready to welcome Naraku and yet now that Sesshoumaru's here, you suddenly want to be alone again? Why can't you make up your mind?!'
 
She scolded herself as she managed to clear the sudden lump in her throat and spoke, her voice in a tiny squeak that made her sound so much younger than she was.
 
“S-Sesshoumaru?!”
 
“Perceptive of you to notice I am here miko.”
 
Ooh! And there was that arrogant attitude that he and Inuyasha seemed to share! Why was it she had to get stuck with a guy who was so full of himself?! Kagome wondered as she gave him a rather weaker version of a dirty look before looking away from him, her cheeks turning hot as she responded.
 
That man was far too attractive for his own good. Actually, he was far too attractive for her well being. Something about his “don't care” attitude and aura seemed to stir something deep within her. She wanted to see if he was really like that when his ever present guard was finally dropped or, if it was a façade to hide vulnerability.
 
“Well excuse me for not sensing anything but the barrier in front of me!”
 
Okay, that really made her sound bad. She cleared her throat and tried again.
 
“Not like I could sense you in the first place, you hide your youki pretty well unless you want people to know you're coming.”
 
Much better. She thought to herself with a mental sigh of relief and looked back over her shoulder to find him gone.
 
`Now he's pulling a disappearing act on me. Great.'
 
“Flattery is a poor excuse for a cover up in inattention to your surroundings.”
 
His voice came from directly beside her. She caught the scream before it escaped before she glared at him. He sure was taking liberties, she thought frowning at him as she shot a comeback, a lame one but a comeback nonetheless.
 
“I wasn't trying to flatter you. Your ego is big enough as it is.”
 
She heard something that sounded suspiciously like a snort of amusement and snuck a look over at his expression, seeing nothing as usual except for maybe a twinkle in his eye and a bare curve upwards on one side of his mouth. Just to satisfy herself, Kagome let her gaze wander over his entire body, stopping almost immediately at the cracked armor and the crimson stained cloth underneath.
 
“You're hurt!”
 
There was no mistaking the panic in her voice as she sat up a little straighter and started to reach out. Sesshoumaru's head turning and being nearly half an inch away cancelled the movement effectively as the young woman's breath suddenly caught in her throat.
 
“A mere scratch.”
 
`Too close.'
 
Kagome's dazed thoughts whirled around in her head as she swallowed hard and licked her lips. She tried to bring the fragmented pieces of her mind back to working order and blinked a few times to try and clear the haze from her mind.
 
“I-It doesn't matter. Y-You might get it infected. I can treat it.”
 
Oh that hateful stutter of hers that came on when she was nervous! She fidgeted around in her position as she matched her eyes with his, not wanting to be the one to look away first. The longer she stared at him, the more she felt herself become lost in his eyes. Kagome could feel herself falling somehow, falling into a world composed of nothing but molten gold as she didn't blink.
 
`Small wonder so many people fear him. Looking at him for so long…it does this to you.'
 
Drawn back into herself by the sound of a rather amused yet somehow mocking chuckle, Kagome shook her head and felt her heart suddenly stop as she watched him return his gaze to her. His words cut into her and seemed to fill her veins like a fast acting poison.
 
“You are attracted to this Sesshoumaru.”
 
Kagome's first instinct was to shoot her mouth off in a caustic retort that would put him in his place while her second was to try and duck out of that rhetorical question all together. A combination of the two seemed to be an appropriate compromise, she thought to herself before swallowing hard and trying to speak out of a cotton dry mouth. She shook her head to place further emphasis on her words.
 
“I don't know what you're talking about, obviously that wound has gone to your head and-”
 
She was suddenly staring up and into those hypnotically bright gold eyes and found herself trying to move back on her hands away from him. Two white clad arms placed themselves on either side of her body even as her back found the wall behind her, the damp stone digging into her blouse as she swallowed hard and tried to make herself melt into the wall.
 
`Nice going Kagome, now he's about ready to really mess with your head!'
 
Sesshoumaru found her more than a little intriguing, now that he had found out that she was trying with a failing effort to stamp down an attraction for him. For a brief moment he considered informing Inuyasha of this development before the thought of the girl and the hanyou being in this position had his blood suddenly heating up. An unconscious growl escaped and rumbled in his throat as his mind returned to the matter at hand; forcing the girl to admit what she was denying.
 
“You lie terribly.”
 
He informed her as he leaned closer to her rapidly retreating form, placing his hands on the ground on either side of her body before he left his face less than three inches away. Her pupils were dilated and her eyes wide, the color darkening to the hue of a stormy sea as her cheeks flushed with color. She seemed to take offense to that, it was amusing to him, watching her struggle within herself.
 
Oh how she'd just love to be brave enough to rear up and smack him a good one for being so damn arrogant and assuming! Unfortunately, he was right on both accounts. Plus, if she did smack him, she knew she'd end up on her back again and probably with her hands pinned above her head or at her sides.
 
`Although that scenario has its appealing side…ack! Pull yourself together Kagome!'
 
She shook her head, her voice shaking as she tried to project as much strength into her voice as she could muster in her position.
 
“N-No I don't.”
 
Oh and how brilliant she proved herself to be with just three little words. Might as well just ask him to start laughing at her now. Kagome swallowed hard, her face turning red as she tried to redeem herself by changing the subject.
 
“Y-You're bleeding and all I want to do is take care of that.”
 
The possibilities with this stubborn woman were becoming endless, Sesshoumaru noticed as his lips turned up slightly at the corners at the girl's determination to deny him what he was looking forward to hearing from her lips. So the girl was concerned over a minor wound such as the one he was dealing with, why not take the girl's willful ways and turn them against her? He did not usually play games with anyone and yet, this was proving to be a game he was looking forward to, mostly because he knew he would win in the end.
 
`So be it.'
 
“Then treat the wound yourself. I will not hinder nor assist you in getting to the wound however.”
 
Just when she thought that he could not be more arrogant, he proved her wrong by saying something like that. She looked almost helplessly at the armor clad body of Sesshoumaru and fought the sudden urge to just throttle him as best as she was able to. Her cheeks flared into color as she gritted her teeth and stubbornly began to try and figure out how to unhook his armor from the shoulder. Kagome frowned at it and finally reached out and managed to find the catch to unlatch the spiky shoulder armor and pushed it aside, unlacing the ties on the side before trying to push it off and away from his body without getting too close.
 
`Why won't this darn thing come off?'
 
That was when her eyes dropped to find the obi neatly tied and keeping her from getting the armor off. She bit her lip for a moment and silently waged a silent war within herself before she reached out and quickly untied the offending piece of clothing, silently wishing it to hell and beyond as she pulled it off and placed it to the side before removing the surprisingly heavy stone like armor from his body. Left now with a visible tear and blood stain in his haori and inner kimono, Kagome was now able to focus more on the wound as she began to examine what she could see.
 
`I'll have to remove the top layer of his clothing. He's enjoying my discomfort too, jerk.'
 
She was careful not to meet his gaze as she carefully took hold of the silk fabric just above his waist and began to pull up, the two layers of the kimono rising up until the ends were in her hands and loose around his shoulders. Kagome's eyes widened in horror at the size of the healing gash as she pushed aside the two layers of clothing away from his injured side, leaning over his lap as she examined the depth and severity of the wounds. An ugly wound but not serious, she thought to herself as she began to sit up and reach for the smaller version of the giant backpack she usually carried with her for her medical supplies. A large hand with magenta stripes curving lazily around the wrist caught her hand at the base and held it still. Her eyes widened slightly as she braved the sudden burst of butterflies in her stomach and looked up and into his eyes.
 
`Big mistake.'
 
“I need to wrap that wound.”
 
Sesshoumaru used his hand to tug her closer to his body, her free hand landing on his bare chest to better support her body as he leaned forward slightly and stared into her eyes. He was a creature composed of control and power. His being demanded obedience and submission to his will. This slip of a girl, with a wild spirit that rivaled that of Inuyasha's own, was a challenge and a threat to that controlling nature. She did not act as one of her kind should towards him. Yet, strangely enough, he preferred her this way. The mental image of the woman acting differently even bothered him when he now thought about it. His words were cool but direct as he dropped his gaze to her mouth, watching her lick her lips in nervous habit before he glanced back up at her and felt his mouth twitch at the corners and pull into a devious smile.
 
`Her very nature is to challenge others higher in power and strength.'
 
“The wound can and will wait. I wish to give you a proposition.”
 
Kagome's eyes narrowed slightly, though she didn't try and pull away again as she stared warily at the suddenly wicked expression glinting in Sesshoumaru's dangerous looking curve of his lips and in the suddenly brightening of his eyes. A proposition, this was dangerous all in itself even without the fact that she was fighting against her attraction for him at each passing second. She licked her lips again, her heart stopping for a moment before speeding up as she watched his eyes follow the movement of her tongue before they rose back to her eyes.
 
`He's trying to control me, it's how he is.'
 
“What kind of proposition?”
 
A victorious glint came into those hauntingly beautiful eyes of his as he moved again, pulling her closer to him even as he moved to meet her half way, their noses barely touching as he spoke to her, his voice pitched low and with more than a trace of seduction in his tone.
 
“You continue to deny your attraction to me. Prove to this Sesshoumaru that your words are true.”
 
“How?”
 
She asked immediately, wanting to get it out and over with so that he'd quit trying to prove her wrong.
 
`And come dangerously close to doing so too.'
 
Kagome thought to herself as she watched his eyes narrow slightly and drop to her lips. Her eyes widened as she immediately turned about six shades of red before she could even manage to get her voice to work.
 
“I'm not going to kiss you!”
 
“Then you admit to lying to me about your infatuation.”
 
“You are the most arrogant, self-centered jerk I have ever met in my entire life! And I am not infatuated with you!”
 
Sesshoumaru's eyes flashed with challenge as he immediately pounced upon those words with the full intent of making sure she was backed fully into a corner with no way out. With two words he had her in checkmate.
 
“Prove it.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened as she opened her mouth to argue with him and felt her mouth close again. He had trapped her alright, damn him. How was she going to figure this out? If she was forced to kiss him...
 
`He already knows and there's no way he'd just let me kiss him and not try to prove his point either. He's like that.'
 
She bit her lip and looked away before she spoke.
 
“And what happens if I admit to this…theory of yours?”
 
Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow before he considered the options lying before him. He would feel her body against his own and taste her; there was no doubt of that. One way or another, she would feel his mouth on hers before that barrier came down.
 
“You will still prove yourself either way.”
 
Okay, not the answer she was hoping for in the least. Kagome winced slightly as she bit her lip and tried to find a loophole in what he had said. Unfortunately, it was one of those “damned if you do and damned if you don't” situations. How did she manage to always get herself into these kinds of messes? She tried once more to pull her wrist away and felt his hand tighten its grip ever so slightly. She glanced away from him before sighing and shooting him a dirty look.
 
“I never thought you'd resort to blackmail.”
 
“At times we must do things others would not think we are capable of.”
 
Did that man have to have the last word or what? She wondered irritably as she fixed her gaze on nothing in particular on the cold dirt in front of her. Her free hand moved itself from his chest as pushed away a strand of hair that fell into her eyes as her expression turned troubled. Kagome was thinking of Inuyasha at the moment, so sue her, he had been there for her since the beginning and yet, here she was fantasizing about his older and much more lethal half brother.
 
`Why am I the one who gets stuck into these kinds of messes?'
 
“I don't like you.”
 
She informed him bitterly as she refused to look at the sharply defined features of the much older and more powerful man.
 
Sesshoumaru only allowed a small chuckle to sound before he gently flicked the wrist that held the girl's hand, making her lose her balance and fall into his body with a yelp of surprise from her lips and a widening of her eyes. What amused him was the fact that she had immediately clenched a fistful of white silk to give herself a hold on to him.
 
“For one who does not care for my company, you come closer to me.”
 
“You are the most arrogant jerk I've ever met before in my life, do you realize that?!”
 
Kagome demanded, her eyes flashing angrily even as a blush swept through her body and blazed hotly on her cheeks. Storm cloud blue eyes flared as she glared into the hypnotic golden ones staring at her with a bare hint of male amusement.
 
This was definitely not the first time that male amusement tended to prove itself one of the most annoying things on the planet.
 
She drew her lower lip into her mouth and nibbled on it for a moment, watching as the amber eyes seemed to blaze brighter as they dropped to her lip. Blood heated in her body as a sharp, almost painful pang of feeling raced through her and struck her heart, sending it beating faster than before as she felt her breath catch in her throat. Kagome could not remember a time where her heart had pounded more or her eyes unable to be torn away from someone else's' more than this very moment. Her fingers curled a little, catching a firmer hold on the body warmed silk that clad his chest as she swallowed hard and managed to get her mouth to function properly.
 
`I can't believe I'm going to do this. Maybe, just maybe, if I do it, he'll leave me alone.'
 
“Y-You only get one, and you can never tell Inuyasha about this.”
 
A new light seemed to glow from within those usually expressionless and almost bored eyes as Sesshoumaru took in her defiant yet determined expression. The hanyou would eternally come between the two of them, he noted irritably to himself, even when the girl should have been distracted by other matters. Far be it for him to deny her what little comfort she asked from him for this. After all, once she felt his lips and his hands on her body, there would be no one else that would invoke the same flames he would raise within her body and soul. He would be the only one who would make her feel that way and she would suffer from it, at least, until she came willingly to him and left the fool behind.
 
`Unlikely, given her unwavering loyalty to him already.'
 
“The half breed will learn nothing of this moment.”
 
Kagome swallowed hard as his hands moved up to her shoulders and pulled her higher up on to his chest, her legs spreading slightly to straddle him before he released her shoulders. One hand moved to her face and tilted her chin up a little so that he could look at her with those hauntingly beautiful eyes that seemed to pierce into her very soul, leaving nothing hidden from his gaze. Obviously his body was in control, except for, well, the parts that counted most to a man, she thought to herself embarrassed as she bit her lip. When his hand moved from beneath her chin to the back of her neck, cradling it firmly before he began to apply pressure to her, forcing her to lower her head until her face was a breath's distance away from his own. Blue-grey met fierce and possessive gold as the two stared into each other's eyes, trying to make the other submit to their will and failing. Both of them were defiant and powerful in their own manner and life. Each had their strengths and weaknesses that could be exploited or used against them and those they cared for. But at this moment, none of it mattered save for this small little amount of time they had alone.
 
He was the one who made the first move, tilting his head up more so that his lips came into contact with hers before he had her in his position. Her back was firmly pressed against the rock wall as Sesshoumaru's mouth possessed her own, her hands were pressed against his chest as she whimpered softly, closing her eyes as the same lightning fast bolt of emotion surged through her veins and made her heart ache. His hands roamed from her shoulders to the strange fabric that covered her arms and waist, snaking up the fabric to brush against her toned stomach.
 
The woman was far too much of a mystery for him to solve in one moment such as this.
 
Something strange covered her breasts, his claws quickly remedying that as they sliced through the thin, soft fabric on the sides before his palms filled themselves with her breasts. For a moment she seemed to stiffen, as if she were to ask him to stop before she shuddered and pressed herself against his hands. Her tongue brushed timidly against his lips, a silent yet bold and curious question that was being asked of him
 
Who was he to deny a further exploration of an uncharted and mysterious territory of a woman?
 
Mouth opening as he deepened the kiss between the two of them, tongue entering her mouth and gliding over hers as he tasted her. He felt her hands push away his inner kimono and the outer one as well, fingertips dancing and gliding over the muscles of his chest before her arms wound themselves around his neck to pull him closer to her body. Nothing would tear them apart at this moment, he thought fiercely as his hands removed themselves from her breasts, one hand sliding down the curve of her hip and down one leg, sliding back up the smooth skin until his fingers met with the fabric that guarded her from his hand. She had definitely stiffened, her blue-grey eyes still clouded by longing but starting to clear as she became unsure.
 
“S-Sesshou-”
 
Sesshoumaru would not be denied this opportunity. His mouth crashed down on to hers, his hand sliding back up her blouse and fondling her breast, thumb stroking gently over the hard nipple as he silenced her protests. He retracted his claws after slicing away one side of her undergarment from her body, pushing it aside with his hand as he cupped her, two fingers barely pushing into her as he felt her whimper and stiffen up. His mouth moved from hers, lips moist as he looked into her eyes, still clouded by her lust but holding some doubt and fear within them.
 
“I will cease if you so wish it.”
 
Kagome's mouth opened and closed as she shuddered, his knuckles had grazed a particularly sensitive spot and had her strength melting from her body. She closed her mouth and bit her lip as she shook her head, shuddering again as Sesshoumaru sank his fingers into the slick, wet heat. Her body leaned forward as a reaction, her head resting against his shoulder as she took a few shuddering breaths before she could look up at him. Breathing hard, the young woman opened her mouth to tell him to continue when a very familiar and not at all welcome voice suddenly interrupted the moment between them.
 
“Sesshoumaru-sama! Rin you cursed whelp! Get away from those rocks! You'll split your head like a rotten melon if you keep playing around!”
 
Sesshoumaru's hands had never moved so fast, actually, neither had hers, Kagome thought to herself in amused frustration or maybe it was frustrated amusement as she straightened herself, her underwear was torn at the corner and her hair was definitely mussed up. Her lips felt a little swollen and there would be some explaining to do about the bra to her mother, possibly Inuyasha if he noticed it. She looked at Sesshoumaru, who had in the span of time it took her to make herself look at least halfway decent, had refastened his armor and everything, looking unruffled at all as he turned to her as if expecting her to follow him. A rather annoyed expression crossed her eyes as she muttered something low enough for him to hear.
 
“Oh sure, I'm the one who looks terrible and you manage to look like nothing's happened. Jerk. And you really need to learn not to slice or rip someone else's clothing, it's rude!”
 
His lips twitched up into that damn smug smile that she'd love to just smack him for as he approached the barrier, his voice drifting back to her and causing her to shiver again from the impact and meaning behind his words.
 
“You will not have clothing to complain about if I have my way in the future.”
 
Well, she wasn't cold anymore, Kagome thought to herself as a furious blush stained her cheeks and turned her face cherry red as they approached the shimmering barrier. For some reason, one that Kagome was beginning to suspect and shoved immediately out of her mind for the sheer reason that it was impossible. As she and Sesshoumaru emerged from the cave, Kagome about ready to throttle that nasty little imp with his comments about her being a filthy human and his master with his aloof and arrogant air, the air seemed to clear and a rather smug spirit left the area, feeling quite content with herself for doing it too.
 
After all, how often nowadays was it when Midoriko could have a little fun with the mortal realm?