InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Geek to Goth ❯ Sing Your Heart Out ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N This story is what some might consider a compainion to one of my stories, called Prep Turned Punk. Well, I stopped ot, because it had twisted int something that went against a lot of things I beleive in, and a lot of things in the story didn't piece together very well at all. I'm writing this story to make up for the lack of overall goodness(?) in the other story. I'm hoping that this story will not become a teeny-bopper highschool fic. I want to stretch a lot of points in this too, such as how differently people look at you for changing. Hope you enjoy, and this isn't as superficial as the summary makes it out to be...

Summary: "Okay, Miss I'm-a-Total-Nerd, you are officially in my band! Meaning that-" Sango pulled off Kagome's thick-frame glasses, "-you're going to wear what I tell you to, demolish your pushover reputation, and start wearing cool clothes! Any questions?!" "Yes, does this mean I'm now being thrusted into wearing gothic clothing?" "No, hot dark clothing, because that's what your image will need to be to be the lead vocals in my band!" Moral of the story: "Hot" clothes, a tough attitude, and a newly slightly seducive personality all equal one thing, attention from the school's playboy, aka Inuyasha.

Disclaimer: Inuyasha's clothes are red
Kikyo's spirit energy is blue
I own nothing
Now, you can't sue

-
-

Geek to Goth
Written by Gueshoo
Chapter #1
Sing Your Heart Out

-
-

"No! NO! NO! NO!!!!" Sango screamed at the four girls, all trapped in her basement, each with an instrument either strapped on to them, or with an instrument sitting in front of them. Each person in the room wore either nothing but black, or dark colors; they were labeled "goths" at their school.

Kagura rolled her eyes, "What this time?"

Sango glared at her and turned to look at the other three members of the band, Rin, Kanna, and Ayame, "You were all off beat! Unsynchronized! It was a cacophony!"

Kikyo, who sat on the sofa rolled her eyes at Sango's yells. It reminded her of when her mother was going through menopause. She snickered to herself at that thought.

Sango turned to look at Kikyo, "Something funny?!"

Kikyo shook her head, "Nope, nothing..." Sago turned back to the others, "...Mother," she added as an after thought and laughed.

Sango took a glance at Kikyo and decided to ignore her, and said, "I guess we can take another try..."

Sango started playing a few notes on her electric guitar as Kagura joined her. Kanna's hands began to move gracefully on the keys of the synchronizer, and Ayame stared playing the bass guitar. Rin quickly started to create a beat on her drums.

Actually, they were all in sync, that is, they were until Sango stepped up to the microphone.

"Don't look at me that way
Like I'm the one betraying you
," she started to sing... Well, not exactly sing, but an attempt to...

The bands started going haywire, Kagura started to hold each note twice as long, as did Kanna, while Rin and Ayame started playing twice as fast.

"Don't glare at me
Like I've done something wrong again
," Sango "sang" again, but more forcefully do to her anger.

Kikyo began to snicker, already knowing the reason why the band was so awfully; not that she would say it, she didn't want to be skinned alive by the lead "singer."

"Don't walk aw-," Sango cut herself off. "What the hell is wrong with you all?!"

Rin shrugged, "Maybe it's just me..."

"Or maybe it's just Sango," Kikyo muttered under her breath.

"What are you mumbling about, Kikyo?!" Sango asked/yelled at her angrily.

Kikyo put her hands up in self defense, "N-O-T-H-I-N-G, all I'm trying to do is figure out the problem!"

"Well then, what do you think it is?!" Sango asked.

"It's you!" Ayame yelled, harshly throwing her bass guitar on to the sofa, nearly hitting Kikyo's head in the process.

"We need a lead singer who can stay in pitch and not sound like a drowning duck!" Ayame yelled rather comically.

"I sound like a drowning duck?!" Sango asked them all.

"YES!" They all yelled back, except for Kikyo and Kanna.

Sango glared at them, "You guys just make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside..."

Ayame smiled, "I know..."

"So..." Kikyo started, "Looks like we need a new singer..."

-
-

Kagome yawned. It was night, her mother and grandfather were out of town to visit her sick aunt (whom she never met), and only her and Souta left.

Of course, Souta hated it when it was only him and his sister; why? Kagome had this odd obsession with renting the scariest movie she could get a hold of, and forcing Souta to watch it. She was "immune" to scary movies, unlike Souta, who was currently about ready to pee in his pants.

Souta sat in front of the couch, literally duct taped to the floor, and a handkerchief was tied around his head, going across his mouth, so whenever he talked he sounded like a baby cooing and drooling.

Souta's eyes were wide as the picture of a ring of light flashed across the television's screen... It was just like Kagome to rent a movie like Ringu...

Kagome's head hit the side of the couch as her thick-framed, black glasses fell off of her face, and with a dull thud hit the carpeted ground.

"Kagome? KAGOME?!" Souta thought, but no answer, he was stuck there watching that awful movie alone... Even if he closed his eyes, he would still her the screams of the people...

-
-

"Hey, Kag," Sango greeted Kagome during math, their second period at school.

She yawned, "Hellllo..."

"Did you get any sleep last night or something?" Sango asked due to Kagome's yawn.

"Yup, slept like a baby, but I fell asleep on that evil sofa, and didn't rest too well..." Kagome told her.

"You're mom's not home, right?"

"Yeah, she left on Saturday morning."

"Did you make Souta watch a movie again?..."

Kagome smiled sheepishly, "I forget to un-tape him, so he was stuck there all night..."

Sango laughed, "What will your mom say?!"

Kagome shrugged, "She won't, I've still got that picture of Souta in that pink tutu to shut him up!"

Sango and Kagome both began to laugh at that, even though Kagome's laugh seemed to be more evil; she obviously enjoyed her brother's torture immensely...

The teacher tapped his desk with a ruler to get everyone's attention. Almost everyone became quiet... Except for one group in the back. The group consisted of four boys, and one girl; their names were Shippo, Miroku, Kouga, Yura, and the one person Kagome actually hated, Inuyasha... They were the bad-asses of the school, Yura was "The Slut," Inuyasha, Miroku, and Kouga were the "Play-Boys," and Shippo, well... He really didn't have a custom-made label, but he didn't really cause any trouble, he just somehow managed to hang out with them.

Kagome had known Inuyasha since she was in third grade, he had always picked on her for being a "geek" or "nerd," which she had always been considered herself.

Kagome glared at the wall, pushed her glasses back up her nose, and hoped that Inuyasha would be swallowed up by the ground at that moment.

The teacher glared at the group, "SHUT UP!"

The group promptly did as told. Teacher's are scary when they're angry...

Kagome smiled and giggled to herself in satisfaction.

-
-

Kagome dropped her "lunch" tray on to the table and sat down.

Rin, who sat across from her, poked at her "food" in disgust, "I bet this stuff is haunted..."

Kikyo gave her a dry look, "It's radioactive toxins from the science club."

The group of seven girls all nodded their heads in agreement to the statement.

"So..." Sango begun, dropping her prodder, or what some would call a fork, to the table, "We need to audition for the lead singer."

Kanna glanced up at Kagome from her food, "Are you musically talented?"

Kagome's gaze turned to Kanna, "Are you asking me?"

Kanna's head nodded ever so lightly.

"Um.... I don't think so..." Kagome answered unsure.

Sango smirked, "Something you aren't telling us, Kagome?"

Kagome's eyes became wide, "N-no!"

"Riiiiiiiight," Kagura mock agreed with her.

"I can only play the violin and piano! And you don't need anyone like that anyway!" Kagome argued.

Kikyo smiled evilly, "Were not talking about what instrument you can play, but if you can use your voice..."

All of the girls leaned in to hear Kagome's answer.

She rolled her eyes, "No."

"I believe it," Sango started as an offended look came to Kagome's face, "but you need to prove it..."

Ayame giggled at the look on Kagome's face.

"No way, I don't sing, and I won't," Kagome answered.

"Are you suuuuuuuure?" Rin asked smiling.

"YES!" Kagome's yell echoed off of the cafeteria's walls, effectively hushing the many voices around the group.

Many eyes quickly turned to look at Kagome...

Six of the girls who sat at the table began to snicker.

-
-

Inuyasha threw the girl out of the front door of his apartment, and quickly threw her clothes back at her. Tears streamed down her face, she looked no older than fifteen.

He promptly slammed the door and locked, uncaring to her sobs and pleads to not leave her.

He pulled a shirt back on, after being ripped off beforehand.

He sighed and walked to his refrigerator. He opened its door and pulled out a bottle of water. He then walked back to his living room, and turned on the television, barley paying attention, and sipping on his water bottle from time to time.

He sighed, "This same old routine is beginning to get boring..."

The telephone, which lay next to his armrest, began to ring.

He rolled his eyes, not wanting to be bothered at that moment, but picked the phone up anyway, he already knew who it was, "What, Miroku?"

"Shut the girl up! Man, I can hear her all the way from up here!" Miroku's voice yelled, ringing in Inuyasha's ears.

"Kami-sama, Miroku! You freggin' broke my damn ear!" Inuyasha yelled back, twice as loud.

He could tell Miroku was glaring at the phone.

"Fine, she's starting to get on my nerves too..."

Inuyasha shut the phone down, and stomped to his door, flung it opened and glared at the heap of flesh and cloth. She looked like she was heart-broken, if her sobs didn't give it away, that is.

"Get up!" Inuyasha yelled at her.

She lifted her face up to meet his eyes, wet streaks illuminating her face in the florescent light.

Inuyasha grabbed her arm roughly, and pulled her up, he grabbed her shirt that was still on the ground and through it into her arms. He led her to the bus stop, which was right outside of the apartment's entrance, and threw her down to the ground.

"Go back to your fucking home!" he yelled at her.

"I-I thought you said that y-you loved... me," she said between her hiccups.

Inuyasha began to laugh at her, even though he had said that, but only to get her into his bed.

"Look, where ever you got that from, is obviously wrong," he patronized her. "Now go back to your damn home, before I throw you back there myself."

Her eyes turned stony, but tears still blurred her vision, and fell down her face; she put her shirt back on, and stood up. She then turned around, and ran the other way.

-
-

"You know Inuyasha, that was a little harsh," Miroku told him on the phone.

Inuyasha simply popped the cap off of a beer bottle, and began to drink.

"I meant comfort her, not practically beat her up!" Miroku scolded him. "I could hear you two from up here!"

Inuyasha rolled his eyes at Miroku's words, he always said the same thing anyway...

"An-"

"I know, Miroku!" Inuyasha yelled into the receiver. "Are you done now?!"

"...Yes," Miroku said. "Jeez, Inuyasha, you always go after the same kind of girl, doesn't it ever get boring?"

Inuyasha rolled his eyes, "That's private, mother."

Miroku glared at the wall he was staring at, "I know I've had my share of woman, but at least they're not all practically the same."

"Like...?"

"For instance, not all of the women I've been with are complete ditzs and not all of them were all-pure that are fragile."

"Not everyone I was with was like that..."

"Okay, Inuyasha, and I don't just go out with sluts either," Miroku retorted.

-
-

Kikyo pulled on Kagome's low pony-tail, "You listening, Kag?"

"Yeah..."

Kikyo rolled her eyes at Kagome's answer, she was obviously not paying attention.

Sango sent a cool look to the two, as she began talking again, "So the audition will be at my house?"

Ayame shrugged, "Yeah, we can start to put up posters and everything."

Rin smiled, "I'll even make them for you guys!"

Sango nodded her head in appreciation to Rin's offer.

"Kanna and I could help you organize the people whenever they get here..." Kagura replied in an uncaring tone.

"Okay..." Sango accepted the offer. "Kikyo, Kagome, what are you guys doing?"

"We'll help you judge, of course," Kikyo simply said, still tugging on Kagome's ponytail to annoy her.

Quickly scooting out of reach from Kikyo, Kagome replied, "Yeah, I'll do that."

Sango smiled, "Good, it's settled, next Saturday, at two o'clock."

-
-

A/N Hope you all enjoyed it! ...Even if this chapter was a little short.

Warning: Don't expect any new chapters for a while, I'm currently trying to juggle a total of five stories at once, and typing up one-shots every here and there. And, I need to sit down (for once) and write out a HUGE plan. I want this story t develope well, and in order to do that I need to plan it out first.

C ya lata
×´¨)
¸.·´¸.&mi ddot;´¨) ¸.·*¨).
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´
.·´ ¸.·*`·-»*˜¨˜¨*GuEsHoO*˜&um l;˜¨*
(¸.·´