InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ Clemency ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]






Genre(s): Angst
Rating: T
Warnings: Character death
Word Count: 400






~ Clemency ~






It had been a group effort, but Naraku was dead, his youkai burned away one by one until nothing remained but the shell of the man he had once been, Kikyou’s arrow protruding from his chest.

The kazaana was gone; Miroku and Sango were free to wed and start a family.

Kohaku had been spared, a miracle causing the taijiya to shed tears of joy.

Avenged, Kouga had moved on to rebuild his tribe.

Kikyou was also gone, her soul finally at peace, the completed Shikon no Tama taken into the next life with her, never to harm another.

None of it mattered.

Not to him.

Cradling Kagome’s broken body to his chest more tenderly than he’d ever touched the girl in life, Inuyasha’s head was down, his bangs shielding the depth of pain in his eyes as he stood motionless before his brother, a single word leaving his lips.

“Please…”

“And what would you give this Sesshoumaru in return for such a favor?”

Wordlessly, Inuyasha lowered himself to one knee, carefully placing Kagome on the ground before pulling Tessaiga from his obi, laying the sheathed katana at the daiyoukai’s feet.

He rose to his own, head still bowed.

“Just what use would I make of a sword I cannot wield?” Sesshoumaru asked emotionlessly.

Inuyasha raised his head then, and Sesshoumaru almost lost his stoic façade at the shock of just how much pain was visible in the hanyou’s eyes. Still without saying another word, Inuyasha raised shaky hands to the ties on his suikan. Before Sesshoumaru could question, Inuyasha bared his chest, his robes hanging behind him from his hakama. He exhaled once, and then stuck out his left arm, his eyes never leaving his brother’s.

“Do we have a deal?”

Sesshoumaru lowered his gaze, contemplating the still woman lying before him. She had taken the blow meant for Rin, but Inuyasha had not seen that. Tenseiga pulsed at his hip, and he closed his eyes, his thoughts of the young girl currently resting at Kaede’s.

“No.” he answered simply, and for that single moment, Inuyasha’s heart was as lifeless as the miko’s.

Drawing Tenseiga and swinging down in a single blur of motion, Sesshoumaru was already walking away before Inuyasha could remember to breathe.

“Dress yourself, hanyou.” he called over his shoulder. “And claim your weapon.”

Moaning, Kagome awoke to the sight of tears for the second time.



Converting /tmp/php7XItsG to /dev/stdout