InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hanging by a moment... ❯ Beguile My Heart ( Chapter 40 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]






Genre(s): General, Romance
Rating: T
Warnings: Mild Language
Word Count: 500






~ Beguile My Heart ~






Kagome looked up, surprised, as Inuyasha approached her from the shadows.

“I thought you went hunting.” she said slowly, the intense look in his eyes giving her pause.

Why…why is he looking at me like that?

Not that she was complaining; she had often fantasized about him looking at her like that.

Oh, and we’re alone right now, too… she realized, the others not yet back from their trek into the nearby village to inquire about shard rumors.

“Kagome, I can’t keep my feelings for you a secret any longer, I’ve loved you for so long.” he confessed, sounding wholly unlike himself yet saying everything she wanted to hear.

“Oh, Inuyasha…I love you too!” she joyfully cried, eagerly returning his embrace as he hugged her.

He moved one hand to cup the back of her neck, and she melted against him, resting her cheek against his shoulder. She was just starting to wonder why he hadn’t pulled back enough to kiss her yet when she felt the chain around her neck come loose.

She gasped.

“Wha…!”

“Ha! You’re not much of a miko, so eager to give yourself to a hanyou. That was easy!” he declared smugly, holding her bottle of jewel shards.

Her brain was still scrambling to catch up, but thankfully, the two of them were not as alone as she’d thought they were.

“One more word and I’ll rip your overgrown nuts off and use them to bludgeon you to death.”

There was no question who was the real Inuyasha as the second one stepped through the trees, Tessaiga drawn and ready.

Humiliated, Kagome didn’t let her emotions keep her from quickly aiming an arrow at the doppelganger.

False golden eyes grew comically large in panic until with a pop of magic an adolescent tanuki stood before them, holding Kagome’s bottle of shards in a shaky grasp.

“Please don’t hurt me!” he begged, and snorting, Inuyasha sheathed Tessaiga.

Silently holding out his hand in expectance, the tanuki immediately gave Inuyasha the shards before turning and running away as fast as he could. Turning to look Kagome’s way next, his pending lecture died on his tongue at how utterly defeated she looked as she lowered her weapon. The last thing she needed was him telling her how stupid she’d been, especially considering the sensitive nature of the tanuki’s deception. He’d heard the whole thing, having already caught that bastard’s scent and circled back. Still, he had to say something.

“Kagome…”

“I know, Inuyasha, I’m a fool.” she murmured in a tired voice, hoping he’d let it go as she turned and sat down, poking aimlessly at their campfire.

He sighed, and blushing, took a seat beside her.

“If…if that trick had been aimed towards me, and if he’d somehow managed to copy your scent, too, I would’ve reacted the same way.”

Her eyes widened as his words sank in.

“You…?”

He nodded.

Smiling, she leaned against him.




Converting /tmp/phpWwlmjB to /dev/stdout